RemedySpot.com

Re: 1st Green Smoothie for lunch

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello Sparky ;-)You have no idea how much I LOVE to read "testimonials" like this! This machine can change your life (well, it can be a tool that YOU use to change your life :-) and I get such a rush each and every time I read that someone else has had a positive experience with the Vitamix machine.Thanks again for sharing - I'm sure that your post inspires others!!!Glad that you de-stemmed the Kale - until a person gets used to the "bitterness" in Greens, taking off the stem off of Kale and Collards helps reduce the bitterness factor by a lot.

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Jan 7, 2012, at 1:53 PM, sparky_89_99@... wrote:

I am so excited and wanted to share this.

Love my vitamix! I did go to a dietician a few years ago and when we went over my eating habits I did learn I was eating too much fruit and not enough protein. Therefore, I try to be very careful now so that I do not gain weight back.

Anyway, I just had my first green smoothie with 1 tablespoon flax meal, 3/4 cup pinapple with core, 4 baby carrots, some plain cottage cheese @ 4tablespoons, 1 inch of ginger root,the leafy section of 1 stalk of Kale a few ice cubes and a little water. Honesty it was the first time I ever used kale and still do not know what it tastes like. But the best part was that my husband actually had a glass of it and liked it!

I am an inch away from trying to start my own " Vitamix Fanatics " support group!

Anyone live on Long Island? :)

JoAnn

>

> I am so excited and wanted to share this.

> Love my vitamix! I did go to a dietician a few years ago and when we went over

my eating habits I did learn I was eating too much fruit and not enough protein.

Therefore, I try to be very careful now so that I do not gain weight back.

> Anyway, I just had my first green smoothie with 1 tablespoon flax meal, 3/4

cup pinapple with core, 4 baby carrots, some plain cottage cheese @

4tablespoons, 1 inch of ginger root,the leafy section of 1 stalk of Kale a few

ice cubes and a little water. Honesty it was the first time I ever used kale and

still do not know what it tastes like. But the best part was that my husband

actually had a glass of it and liked it!

>

That sounds good! You can also add 1/2 cup of white beans (any kind) for protein. You won't even know they are in the smoothie! :) Lorihttp://lifeontheveganedge.blogspot.com/ From: "sparky_89_99@..." <sparky_89_99@...> Sent: Saturday, January 7, 2012 12:53 PM Subject: 1st Green Smoothie for lunch

I am so excited and wanted to share this.

Love my vitamix! I did go to a dietician a few years ago and when we went over my eating habits I did learn I was eating too much fruit and not enough protein. Therefore, I try to be very careful now so that I do not gain weight back.

Anyway, I just had my first green smoothie with 1 tablespoon flax meal, 3/4 cup pinapple with core, 4 baby carrots, some plain cottage cheese @ 4tablespoons, 1 inch of ginger root,the leafy section of 1 stalk of Kale a few ice cubes and a little water. Honesty it was the first time I ever used kale and still do not know what it tastes like. But the best part was that my husband actually had a glass of it and liked it!

sounds tasty, I've not used pineapple yet, just so messy to cut up but I love it.

My smoothie for breakfast was fresh tomatoes, celery, turnip greens, a beet and a teaspoon of Better than Bullion Beef flavor and some pepper. Was like a Virgin . Soooo good. I love my VitaMix. Best thing I've bought for myself.

Lori,Thanks for that tip! Sometimes I throw in Greek yogurt or a handful of raw almonds, but I never even considered white beans! :) Great idea. I find that it’s helpful to add a protein booster to the fruity smoothies. My kids don’t get hungry as quickly when I do. :) From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Lori AnnSent: Saturday, January 07, 2012 5:38 PM Subject: Re: 1st Green Smoothie for lunch That sounds good! You can also add 1/2 cup of white beans (any kind) for protein. You won't even know they are in the smoothie! :) Lorihttp://lifeontheveganedge.blogspot.com/