RemedySpot.com

Just joined this group

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi,

I just joined this group today. I have a Vita-mix I bought in 1983. At the time I subscribed to a health magazine. It said that a Vita-mix wasn't good to use. That it was better to use a juicer because in was easier on your intestines. So I put the Vita-mix away without using it and bought a juicer. So that's what I used for a long time. But after awhile I stopped juicing.

I bought a few different juicers thru the years and the Vita-mix stayed put away. Last year I was watching QVC and I like what they were showing. A Ninja. so I bought one. Then they came out with the Ninja 1100 with a 1100 watts motor and I bought that one too. I gave the first one to my friend and she loves it.

I found this group this morning after seeing it in an other group. Now I'm thinking I should take my Vita-mix out and start using it. I think it's a 3600 model with the medal container. I wonder If they have a clear container that would fit the 3600 model? I would like to start making green drinks. I've only been doing the fruit drinks and fruit ice-cream in the Ninja. Then I wonder if the motor might be all dried up from not being used all these years.

Lucille

Welcome to the group, Lucille (My sweet mother-in-law's name, now with the Lord)!!Not sure why you have not received any replies to your questions, could be the font you wrote in is a little hard to make out, or very possibly some email programs simply do not recognize the characters. Best to use one of the standard fonts for emails. Just my opinion.Anyway, I had a 3600 for years and loved it. I really liked the reverse switch and also making soft-serve ice-cream. Everyone enjoyed seeing it come out of the spout like a Dairy Queen. (Sorry, guess if you don't live in the South you may not know what a DQ is, but it is similar to a Mac's.)I'm pretty sure Lea Ann will let you know about the possibility

of any other containers that might fit, but I don't think the clear ones will fit the 3600.Anyway, it's great to have you aboard. You'll get a lot of use from your VM as you test out the many recipe's yourself.Bro & BillieFrom:

Lucille <lschacht@...> Sent: Sun, January 8, 2012 9:28:24 PMSubject: Just joined this group

Hi,

I just joined this group today. I have a Vita-mix I bought in 1983. At the time I subscribed to a health magazine. It said that a Vita-mix wasn't good to use. That it was better to use a juicer because in was easier on your intestines. So I put the Vita-mix away without using it and bought a juicer. So that's what I used for a long time. But after awhile I stopped juicing.

I bought a few different juicers thru the years and the Vita-mix stayed put away. Last year I was watching QVC and I like what they were showing. A Ninja. so I bought one. Then they came out with the Ninja 1100 with a 1100 watts motor and I bought that one too. I gave the first one to my friend and she loves it.

I found this group this morning after seeing it in an other group. Now I'm thinking I should take my Vita-mix out and start using it. I think it's a 3600 model with the medal container. I wonder If they have a clear container that would fit the 3600 model? I would like to start making green drinks. I've only been doing the fruit drinks and fruit ice-cream in the Ninja. Then I wonder if the motor might be all dried up from not being used all these years.

Lucille

Hello Lucille,WELOME!The idea that the fiber in a smoothie makes you work harder to "digest it" is a common urban health myth. Fiber causes the nutrients to be absorbed more SLOWLY, but it doesn't take ANY work to "digest" fiber because we DON'T DIGEST fiber (our body does not produce cellulase, which is the enzyme necessary to digest cellulose - aka plant fiber). For diabetics, or pre-diabetics, it is a good thing to slow the release of nutrients (especially when they contain sugar) into our body.The benefit of juicing is that you can get more nutrients in the same volume. For example, you could only fit let's say 3 whole carrots in a cup if you retained the fiber, but if you remove the fiber, you can fit the nutrients of 6-8 carrots in a cup. With high sugar veggies like carrot and beets, and with fruits, this isn't necessarily a good thing, but with Greens, it can be very good because the nutrients from Greens are very beneficial (and they don't include loads of sugar to upset our insulin balance). The nutrients from Greens is the missing link in most healthy diets, so any way to increase the volume of greens consumption is a good thing. Dr. Fuhrman recommends that we eat a pound of greens per day. There is NO WAY that I would eat that much as a salad or side dish, but I can fit it in by juicing them, or eating the Greens in a Green Smoothie.Green Smoothies in a Vitamix are delicious, and they've helped a lot of people with increased energy and weight loss!I'd call 1-800-Vitamix and select Customer Service and ask them if there is a conversion kit for a new container on your 3600 base and what they think of the motor not being used...

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Jan 8, 2012, at 10:28 PM, Lucille wrote:

Hi,

Lucille