RemedySpot.com

Re: 's Collard Recipe - need more info

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I should have clarified that I make up a batch of "mock soy sauce" by mixing maybe 1/3 cup of unsulphered molasses with about a tablespoon of gray (or pink himilayan) sea salt, and I store it in the fridge and use it like you would use soy sauce. I heat the molasses first to help the salt dissolve, give it a good stir and store it-it keeps very well. You can just add it "to taste" for something like your greens, same as you would any condiment.Sent from my iPadOn Jan 8, 2012, at 9:17 PM, Verria <verria.kelly@...> wrote:

,I never heard of collards and molasses. I'll give it a try. How much molasses should I use per bunch? Also, what is gray sea salt? I've never seen it in the store. Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated. I have 7 more bunches of collards to use!

Thanks so much!Verria

Does it taste very much like soy sauce?  I would love to have an alternative!On Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 7:23 PM, Berry <berrywell@...> wrote:

I should have clarified that I make up a batch of " mock soy sauce " by mixing maybe 1/3 cup of unsulphered molasses with about a tablespoon of gray (or pink himilayan) sea salt, and I store it in the fridge and use it like you would use soy sauce.  I heat the molasses first to help the salt dissolve, give it a good stir and store it-it keeps very well.  You can just add it " to taste " for something like your greens, same as you would any condiment.

Sent from my iPadOn Jan 8, 2012, at 9:17 PM, Verria <verria.kelly@...> wrote:

,I never heard of collards and molasses.  I'll give it a try.  How much molasses should I use per bunch?  Also, what is gray sea salt?  I've never seen it in the store. Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.  I have 7 more bunches of collards to use!

Thanks so much!Verria

YES! It is quite the same. I came up with it years ago when I developed an extreme soy allergy. My daughter and I love asian style food, and had used soy sauce heavily, and that was the best alternative I could find. I tried "Braggs liquid aminos", but found that was loaded with MSG, which I have issues with too. The mock up was born of necessity, lolSent from my iPadOn Jan 8, 2012, at 9:45 PM, Kimble <nkimble@...> wrote:

Does it taste very much like soy sauce? I would love to have an alternative!On Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 7:23 PM, Berry <berrywell@...> wrote:

I should have clarified that I make up a batch of "mock soy sauce" by mixing maybe 1/3 cup of unsulphered molasses with about a tablespoon of gray (or pink himilayan) sea salt, and I store it in the fridge and use it like you would use soy sauce. I heat the molasses first to help the salt dissolve, give it a good stir and store it-it keeps very well. You can just add it "to taste" for something like your greens, same as you would any condiment.

,I never heard of collards and molasses. I'll give it a try. How much molasses should I use per bunch? Also, what is gray sea salt? I've never seen it in the store. Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated. I have 7 more bunches of collards to use!

Thanks so much!Verria

Wow, that is fantastic!  I'll definitely be trying it!On Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 7:50 PM, Berry <berrywell@...> wrote:

YES!  It is quite the same.  I came up with it years ago when I developed an extreme soy allergy.  My daughter and I love asian style food, and had used soy sauce heavily, and that was the best alternative I could find.  I tried " Braggs liquid aminos " , but found that was loaded with MSG, which I have issues with too.  The mock up was born of necessity, lol

Sent from my iPadOn Jan 8, 2012, at 9:45 PM, Kimble <nkimble@...> wrote:

Does it taste very much like soy sauce?  I would love to have an alternative!On Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 7:23 PM, Berry <berrywell@...> wrote:

I should have clarified that I make up a batch of " mock soy sauce " by mixing maybe 1/3 cup of unsulphered molasses with about a tablespoon of gray (or pink himilayan) sea salt, and I store it in the fridge and use it like you would use soy sauce.  I heat the molasses first to help the salt dissolve, give it a good stir and store it-it keeps very well.  You can just add it " to taste " for something like your greens, same as you would any condiment.

,I never heard of collards and molasses.  I'll give it a try.  How much molasses should I use per bunch?  Also, what is gray sea salt?  I've never seen it in the store. Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.  I have 7 more bunches of collards to use!

Thanks so much!Verria