RemedySpot.com

Re: Vitamix Base

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi there,Here is an FAQ that covers the "base rotating" question:http://vitamixlady.com/faq/I agree with you that you should call Vitamix about the burnt motor smell (unless your machine is brand new - sometimes there is a break-in period where the oil on the motor from manufacturing makes a smell as it burns off).Oh, a question - does it ALWAYS have the smell or only sometimes - if only sometimes, what are you making and at what speed when it happens?

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Jan 8, 2012, at 3:05 PM, la-la-land.rm wrote:

Are there any models where the base locks on to the machine? My pitcher jumps a little while the machine is running, and my husband thinks I need to hold it in place while it's running. I don't think I should.

My machine keeps making a burning smell. :( I am going to call the company on Monday. I really don't think I've done anything wrong. :(

Can you get a glass container for the vitamix? Is it best to replace the blades when dull or does the company do a good job of sharpening them?KathyOn Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 3:05 PM, la-la-land.rm <ami@...> wrote:

Are there any models where the base locks on to the machine? My pitcher jumps a little while the machine is running, and my husband thinks I need to hold it in place while it's running. I don't think I should.

My machine keeps making a burning smell. :( I am going to call the company on Monday. I really don't think I've done anything wrong. :(

------------------------------------

They are doing Research and Development for a glass base, but it looks like glass will never hold up to a power blender (IMO) too much liability - especially when combined with blades that spin at 37,000 RPMs!The blades of a Vitamix are dull to start with - they work by "smashing" not cutting. A cheap blender with 1/8 of the HP of a Vitamix and 1/4 of the blade speed Needs sharp blades to help it do its job, but the Vitamix uses a "hammer mill" process and smashes cell walls open by force. Hope this is helpful information! :-)

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Jan 8, 2012, at 6:13 PM, Kathy M wrote:

Can you get a glass container for the vitamix? Is it best to replace the blades when dull or does the company do a good job of sharpening them?Kathy

Shoot - it is past the warranty. I'd call them anyway and describe what is happening and see what they say about it… let us know! :-)

On Jan 8, 2012, at 6:41 PM, Kathy M wrote:

Yes,thank you. The food does not seem to be blended as well as it used to...I will find pieces of whole food after blending which did not happen in the beginning.My VM is about 8 years old. I love my Vitamix!!!!!

KathyOn Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 6:34 PM, Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> wrote:

They are doing Research and Development for a glass base, but it looks like glass will never hold up to a power blender (IMO) too much liability - especially when combined with blades that spin at 37,000 RPMs!

The blades of a Vitamix are dull to start with - they work by "smashing" not cutting. A cheap blender with 1/8 of the HP of a Vitamix and 1/4 of the blade speed Needs sharp blades to help it do its job, but the Vitamix uses a "hammer mill" process and smashes cell walls open by force.

Hope this is helpful information! :-)

Blessings,

Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)

))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

Can you get a glass container for the vitamix? Is it best to replace the blades when dull or does the company do a good job of sharpening them?Kathy

-- Kathy

Okay....thanks..KathyOn Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 6:46 PM, Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> wrote:

Shoot - it is past the warranty.  I'd call them anyway and describe what is happening and see what they say about it… let us know!  :-)

Blessings,

Yes,thank you. The food does not seem to be blended as well as it used to...I will find pieces of whole food after blending which did not happen in the beginning.My VM is about 8 years old.  I love my Vitamix!!!!!

They are doing Research and Development for a glass base, but it looks like glass will never hold up to a power blender (IMO) too much liability - especially when combined with blades that spin at 37,000 RPMs!

The blades of a Vitamix are dull to start with - they work by " smashing " not cutting.  A cheap blender with 1/8 of the HP of a Vitamix and 1/4 of the blade speed Needs sharp blades to help it do its job, but the Vitamix uses a " hammer mill " process and smashes cell walls open by force. 

Hope this is helpful information!  :-)

Blessings,

-- Kathy

-- Kathy

I think I will check my paperwork to make sure when I bought it. How long is the warranty good for?KathyOn Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 6:46 PM, Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> wrote:

Shoot - it is past the warranty.  I'd call them anyway and describe what is happening and see what they say about it… let us know!  :-)

Blessings,

Yes,thank you. The food does not seem to be blended as well as it used to...I will find pieces of whole food after blending which did not happen in the beginning.My VM is about 8 years old.  I love my Vitamix!!!!!

The blades of a Vitamix are dull to start with - they work by " smashing " not cutting.  A cheap blender with 1/8 of the HP of a Vitamix and 1/4 of the blade speed Needs sharp blades to help it do its job, but the Vitamix uses a " hammer mill " process and smashes cell walls open by force. 

Blessings,

-- Kathy

-- Kathy

7 years if you sent in the warranty card (that was the case 5 years ago) as of 4 years ago, the 7-year warranty is automatic.When you call customer service, they will know the date it was sold based on the serial number.

On Jan 8, 2012, at 6:51 PM, Kathy M wrote:

I think I will check my paperwork to make sure when I bought it. How long is the warranty good for?KathyOn Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 6:46 PM, Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> wrote:

Shoot - it is past the warranty. I'd call them anyway and describe what is happening and see what they say about it… let us know! :-)

Blessings,

Yes,thank you. The food does not seem to be blended as well as it used to...I will find pieces of whole food after blending which did not happen in the beginning.My VM is about 8 years old. I love my Vitamix!!!!!

The blades of a Vitamix are dull to start with - they work by "smashing" not cutting. A cheap blender with 1/8 of the HP of a Vitamix and 1/4 of the blade speed Needs sharp blades to help it do its job, but the Vitamix uses a "hammer mill" process and smashes cell walls open by force.

Blessings,

-- Kathy

-- Kathy

Thanks...On another note:Do you meet people who improve in health very quickly? I have been doing a green smoothie once a for 3 days and everyday my energy improves tremendously.. My mind is so much clearer and out of the fog I was in. My diet has been very good eating small amounts of sugar for a good year and then some. We ea torganic food we grow..grass fed animals we raise ect...but I still was having lots of energy issues. I am gf as well....Is this just psycological or could I see this kind of improvement this quickly?

Gluten Free question?GF diet leaves a bit to be desired in the nutrient department.Fiber,zinc and B vitamins are all an issue for gf people.Are you aware of veggies with lots of B virtamins or zinc?

I can see that the fiber in the green smoothie does wonders for the bowel system.I went from every other day  BM to 3 and 4 times a day right now.I am actually very happy about that.When I ate wheat that was normal for me.

KathyOn Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 6:53 PM, Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> wrote:

7 years if you sent in the warranty card (that was the case 5 years ago) as of 4 years ago, the 7-year warranty is automatic.When you call customer service, they will know the date it was sold based on the serial number.

Blessings,

Blessings,

Blessings,

-- Kathy

-- Kathy

-- Kathy

Very Good.KathyOn Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 6:53 PM, Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> wrote:

Blessings,

Blessings,

Blessings,

-- Kathy

-- Kathy

-- Kathy

I had the same amazing results (but I got off of wheat and sugar at the same time that I started drinking Green Smoothies) Still, any time I stopped making the Green Smoothies, I didn't feel as good as when I was making them…

On Jan 8, 2012, at 8:53 PM, Kathy M wrote:

Thanks...On another note:Do you meet people who improve in health very quickly? I have been doing a green smoothie once a for 3 days and everyday my energy improves tremendously.. My mind is so much clearer and out of the fog I was in. My diet has been very good eating small amounts of sugar for a good year and then some. We ea torganic food we grow..grass fed animals we raise ect...but I still was having lots of energy issues. I am gf as well....Is this just psycological or could I see this kind of improvement this quickly?

Gluten Free question?GF diet leaves a bit to be desired in the nutrient department.Fiber,zinc and B vitamins are all an issue for gf people.Are you aware of veggies with lots of B virtamins or zinc?

I can see that the fiber in the green smoothie does wonders for the bowel system.I went from every other day BM to 3 and 4 times a day right now.I am actually very happy about that.When I ate wheat that was normal for me.

Blessings,

Blessings,

Blessings,

-- Kathy

-- Kathy

-- Kathy

I have been gluten free for over 10 years, as well as being vegetarian and having to avoid things like eggs, dairy, etc. due to allergies, so I was always very concerned about getting proper nutrients. Most wheat (gluten) is from "enriched" flour, which mean the flour has been sprayed with synthetic vitamins, so not really what you want in your body any way. I always had my vitamin levels checked every year, but found I was able to keep my key nutrients up by learning which foods to chose in their place. Nutritional yeast is a great source of B vitamins, any fruit or veggie has fiber, and ALL food has protein, so just eating a healthy WHOLE FOOD diet, with lots of fruits and veggies, complete proteins such as beans, quinoa, legumes, and having a good balance should give you all the nutrients your body needs. My 17 year old daughter has been vegetarian most of her life, and her yearly vitamin profile is always perfect-we take no supplement, just eat all fresh whole foods. As to whether your increased energy is psychological or not...it doesn't really matter!! It likely IS a true boost of nutrition, or you could just be feeling better (not guilty) about making better choices. Keep up the good work, either way! As you do start to feel better, that inspires you to want to make even better choices! Sent from my iPadOn Jan 8, 2012, at 8:53 PM, Kathy M <spiritfire7@...> wrote:

I can see that the fiber in the green smoothie does wonders for the bowel system.I went from every other day BM to 3 and 4 times a day right now.I am actually very happy about that.When I ate wheat that was normal for me.

Blessings,

Blessings,

Blessings,

-- Kathy

-- Kathy

-- Kathy

Thanks ,Could you be more specific about the test you did for your vitamin levels>KathyOn Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 9:01 PM, Berry <berrywell@...> wrote:

I have been gluten free for over 10 years, as well as being vegetarian and having to avoid things like eggs, dairy, etc. due to allergies, so I was always very concerned about getting proper nutrients.  Most wheat (gluten) is from " enriched " flour, which mean the flour has been sprayed with synthetic vitamins, so not really what you want in your body any way.  I always had my vitamin levels checked every year, but found I was able to keep my key nutrients up by learning which foods to chose in their place.  Nutritional yeast is a great source of B vitamins, any fruit or veggie has fiber, and ALL food has protein, so just eating a healthy WHOLE FOOD diet, with lots of fruits and veggies, complete proteins such as beans, quinoa, legumes, and having a good balance should give you all the nutrients your body needs.  My 17 year old daughter has been vegetarian most of her life, and her yearly vitamin profile is always perfect-we take no supplement, just eat all fresh whole foods.   As to whether your increased energy is psychological or not...it doesn't really matter!!  It likely IS a true boost of nutrition, or you could just be feeling better (not guilty) about making better choices.  Keep up the good work, either way!  As you do start to feel better, that inspires you to want to make even better choices!  

Sent from my iPadOn Jan 8, 2012, at 8:53 PM, Kathy M <spiritfire7@...> wrote:

I can see that the fiber in the green smoothie does wonders for the bowel system.I went from every other day  BM to 3 and 4 times a day right now.I am actually very happy about that.When I ate wheat that was normal for me.

Blessings,

Blessings,

Blessings,

-- Kathy

-- Kathy

-- Kathy

-- Kathy

How do you get your vitamin levels checked?

SharonM

Sent: Sunday, January 08, 2012 6:01 PM

Subject: Re: Vitamix Base

I have been gluten free for over 10 years, as well as being vegetarian and having to avoid things like eggs, dairy, etc. due to allergies, so I was always very concerned about getting proper nutrients. Most wheat (gluten) is from "enriched" flour, which mean the flour has been sprayed with synthetic vitamins, so not really what you want in your body any way. I always had my vitamin levels checked every -- Kathy

-- Kathy

I just have my doc run a vitamin profile every year. I no longer do one on myself, since they have remained pretty much the same over the years, but I have my daughters checked annually. Sent from my iPadOn Jan 8, 2012, at 9:55 PM, "sharon" <smassena@...> wrote:

How do you get your vitamin levels checked?

SharonM

Sent: Sunday, January 08, 2012 6:01 PM

Subject: Re: Vitamix Base

I have been gluten free for over 10 years, as well as being vegetarian and having to avoid things like eggs, dairy, etc. due to allergies, so I was always very concerned about getting proper nutrients. Most wheat (gluten) is from "enriched" flour, which mean the flour has been sprayed with synthetic vitamins, so not really what you want in your body any way. I always had my vitamin levels checked every -- Kathy

-- Kathy

I was going to say, I have owned a VM since 1977 and never had to

sharpen a blade! Knew you would give the correct answer. I agree,

glass would be difficult to perfect and cover for liability.

Velda

On 1/8/2012 3:34 PM, Lea Ann Savage wrote:

They are doing Research and Development for a glass base, but it

looks like glass will never hold up to a power blender (IMO) too

much liability - especially when combined with blades that spin at

37,000 RPMs!

The blades of a Vitamix are dull to start with - they work by

"smashing" not cutting. A cheap blender with 1/8 of the HP of a

Vitamix and 1/4 of the blade speed Needs sharp blades to help it

do its job, but the Vitamix uses a "hammer mill" process and

smashes cell walls open by force.

Blessings,

Lea Ann Savage

Satellite Beach, FL

(321) 773-7088 (home)

(321-961-9219 (cell)

www.VitamixLady.com

www..com

<:)))><

Can you get a glass container for the vitamix?

Is it best to replace the blades when dull or does the

company do a good job of sharpening them?

Kathy