RemedySpot.com

blendtec demo

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Lea Ann. Just wanted to share an experience that I had a costco today.

Blendtec rep " Mark " was demoing at my costco. BION, he actually had a VM 5200

machine and took it out the moment someone in the crowd asked about the VM

comparison. He began to compare them visually, saying how ugly the VM is and how

it looks like a professional machine but is more comparable to Montel

machine. Sadly, I did not stay to hear the rest of his demo, since he somehow

got off on a tangent about the importance of legaliziing marijauna so that ppl

could blend it into their drinks for cataracts and other ailments. Since my kids

were with me, I decided to move along. Thot you'd find my experience

interesting, tho.

Beth

Of course, feel free to share it. It wasn't a private interaction at

all--totally public and open to everyone who passed by.

It is unfortunate that a company should use such negativity to sell their

product but I've seen blendtec do it before. I *was* surprised, tho, when he

brazenly pulled the VM from under the counter in order to do a point-by-point

analysis, however biased....

Beth

>

> Hi Lea Ann. Just wanted to share an experience that I had a costco today.

comparison. He began to compare them visually, saying how ugly the VM is and how

could blend it into their drinks for cataracts and other ailments. Since my kids

interesting, tho.

>

> Beth

>

Wouldn't it be great if one of the customers used their phone to

video the guy talking like that and post it online!

Velda

On 1/10/2012 4:26 PM, Lea Ann Savage wrote:

May I share this with my boss?  It won't be of any real importance

- just sharing information with him - because we ALL know that

they sell like that.  

I used to describe the differences between the two machines

to customers who asked, (and of course the way I'm going to say

it is going to highlight our benefits which automatically puts

down theirs by comparison) but now, unless the customer REALLY

presses me, I just say, "They are both really good machines.

The Vitamix and the Blendtec are both heads and tails above any

other competitor.  Of course we're #1, and they're #2, but

they're both way up there…"  then I grin and move on.

No one who is confident in their product needs to put down

another product in order to sell.  The Vitamix isn't for

everyone, and I'm certainly not going to convince someone who

is determined to get a Blendtec to buy a Vitamix by putting

down the machine they really want!

AND I've learned that often people who ask me about the

Blendtec have one, and they just want to hear what I have to

say about it.  CERTAINLY doesn't do anyone any good to put

down the machine they (for whatever reason) chose to buy.  If

they see the Vitamix demonstration, they will understand the

differences clearly enough.

Thanks for sharing this though - it is a pretty extreme

example.  Costco has warned both companies repeatedly to never

put down or even discuss the other brand, but it happens all

of the time anyway, and Blendtec goes out of their way to put

down the Vitamix…

Blessings,

Lea Ann Savage

Satellite Beach, FL

(321) 773-7088 (home)

(321-961-9219 (cell)

www.VitamixLady.com

www..com

<:)))><

On Jan 10, 2012, at 7:09 PM, Beth E wrote:

Hi Lea Ann. Just wanted to share an experience that I

had a costco today. Blendtec rep "Mark" was demoing at

my costco. BION, he actually had a VM 5200 machine and

took it out the moment someone in the crowd asked

about the VM comparison. He began to compare them

visually, saying how ugly the VM is and how it looks

like a professional machine but is more comparable to

Montel machine. Sadly, I did not stay to hear

the rest of his demo, since he somehow got off on a

tangent about the importance of legaliziing marijauna

so that ppl could blend it into their drinks for

cataracts and other ailments. Since my kids were with

me, I decided to move along. Thot you'd find my

experience interesting, tho.

Beth

I'm so sorry, I'm new to this group, I commented on the blendtec demo message yesterday, but I don't think it went to the right place. Here it is again...It's so sad when people feel they have to slander people or products in order to sell a product. If a product is good, it should speak for itself without having to put down it's competition. I've been using the Vita-Mix for over 20 years, both personally and professionally, and I've always been thoroughly satisfied

in every way from the quality of the blender to the excellent customer service. The Blendtec may also be a good blender, but I don't think it's necessary to put down the Vita-Mix in order to sell one. Just my opinion. ---------------------Rene Oswald, RN, APHBest Beginnings, Inc. Living Food Classes & Consultationswww.rawfoodrene.comwww.reneoswald.com561-775-4867From: Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> Sent: Tue, January 10, 2012 7:26:00

PMSubject: Re: blendtec demo

May I share this with my boss? It won't be of any real importance - just sharing information with him - because we ALL know that they sell like that. I used to describe the differences between the two machines to customers who asked, (and of course the way I'm going to say it is going to highlight our benefits which automatically puts down theirs by comparison) but now, unless the customer REALLY presses me, I just say, "They are both really good machines. The Vitamix and the Blendtec are both heads and tails above any other competitor. Of course we're #1, and they're #2, but they're both way up there…" then I grin and move on.No one who is confident in their product needs to put down another product in order to sell. The Vitamix isn't for everyone, and I'm certainly not going to convince someone who is determined to get a Blendtec to buy a Vitamix by putting down

the machine they really want!AND I've learned that often people who ask me about the Blendtec have one, and they just want to hear what I have to say about it. CERTAINLY doesn't do anyone any good to put down the machine they (for whatever reason) chose to buy. If they see the Vitamix demonstration, they will understand the differences clearly enough.Thanks for sharing this though - it is a pretty extreme example. Costco has warned both companies repeatedly to never put down or even discuss the other brand, but it happens all of the time anyway, and Blendtec goes out of their way to put down the Vitamix…

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

Hi Lea Ann. Just wanted to share an experience that I had a costco today. Blendtec rep "Mark" was demoing at my costco. BION, he actually had a VM 5200 machine and took it out the moment someone in the crowd asked about the VM comparison. He began to compare them visually, saying how ugly the VM is and how it looks like a professional machine but is more comparable to Montel machine. Sadly, I did not stay to hear the rest of his demo, since he somehow got off on a tangent about the importance of legaliziing marijauna so that ppl could blend it into their drinks for cataracts and other ailments. Since my kids were with me, I decided to move along. Thot you'd find my experience interesting, tho.

Beth

This is a generous attitude. There was a swipe taken at the people who bought their vitamix from qvc. You didn't really say we were second class owners but if we needed 5 payments or couldn't afford retail then sure it was alright. Now I didn't know that 7 yr warranty was standard and I was being offered 5 years. But it's atleast 4 years longer than most small kitchen appiances and if it lasts as long as people say then I don't think the 2 years will mean much. I paid 363.00 for my vitamix, tamper, spiral bound cookbook 3 spatulas and a dvd. The vitamix website lists it all at 449.00. That must be the retail price you referenced. I don't recall the exact words but you said something about no discounts could be taken so the qvc buyer

could feel like they got a good deal. I see once again qvc offers vitamix as a special on Sat. night the 14th leading into shows all day Sun. I hope they will be welcome.

From: Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 6:26 PMSubject: Re: blendtec demo

May I share this with my boss? It won't be of any real importance - just sharing information with him - because we ALL know that they sell like that.

I used to describe the differences between the two machines to customers who asked, (and of course the way I'm going to say it is going to highlight our benefits which automatically puts down theirs by comparison) but now, unless the customer REALLY presses me, I just say, "They are both really good machines. The Vitamix and the Blendtec are both heads and tails above any other competitor. Of course we're #1, and they're #2, but they're both way up there…" then I grin and move on.

No one who is confident in their product needs to put down another product in order to sell. The Vitamix isn't for everyone, and I'm certainly not going to convince someone who is determined to get a Blendtec to buy a Vitamix by putting down the machine they really want!

AND I've learned that often people who ask me about the Blendtec have one, and they just want to hear what I have to say about it. CERTAINLY doesn't do anyone any good to put down the machine they (for whatever reason) chose to buy. If they see the Vitamix demonstration, they will understand the differences clearly enough.

Thanks for sharing this though - it is a pretty extreme example. Costco has warned both companies repeatedly to never put down or even discuss the other brand, but it happens all of the time anyway, and Blendtec goes out of their way to put down the Vitamix…

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

Hi Lea Ann. Just wanted to share an experience that I had a costco today. Blendtec rep "Mark" was demoing at my costco. BION, he actually had a VM 5200 machine and took it out the moment someone in the crowd asked about the VM comparison. He began to compare them visually, saying how ugly the VM is and how it looks like a professional machine but is more comparable to Montel machine. Sadly, I did not stay to hear the rest of his demo, since he somehow got off on a tangent about the importance of legaliziing marijauna so that ppl could blend it into their drinks for cataracts and other ailments. Since my kids were with me, I decided to move along. Thot you'd find my experience interesting, tho. Beth

http://www.qvc.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProgramGuideDailyView?storeId=10251 & Navigate=20120115

http://www.qvc.com/CatalogSearch?langId=-1 & storeId=10251 & catalogId=10151 & keyword=Vita-mix

The show for the Vita-mix start at midnight EST. Thanks for letting us know Kathy.

Lucille

Sent: Saturday, January 14, 2012 1:30 PM

Subject: Re: blendtec demo

This is a generous attitude. There was a swipe taken at the people who bought their vitamix from qvc. You didn't really say we were second class owners but if we needed 5 payments or couldn't afford retail then sure it was alright. Now I didn't know that 7 yr warranty was standard and I was being offered 5 years. But it's atleast 4 years longer than most small kitchen appiances and if it lasts as long as people say then I don't think the 2 years will mean much. I paid 363.00 for my vitamix, tamper, spiral bound cookbook 3 spatulas and a dvd. The vitamix website lists it all at 449.00. That must be the retail price you referenced. I don't recall the exact words but you said something about no discounts could be taken so the qvc buyer could feel like they got a good deal. I see once again qvc offers vitamix as a special on Sat. night the 14th leading into shows all day Sun. I hope they will be welcome.

From: Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 6:26 PMSubject: Re: blendtec demo

May I share this with my boss? It won't be of any real importance - just sharing information with him - because we ALL know that they sell like that.

I used to describe the differences between the two machines to customers who asked, (and of course the way I'm going to say it is going to highlight our benefits which automatically puts down theirs by comparison) but now, unless the customer REALLY presses me, I just say, "They are both really good machines. The Vitamix and the Blendtec are both heads and tails above any other competitor. Of course we're #1, and they're #2, but they're both way up there…" then I grin and move on.

No one who is confident in their product needs to put down another product in order to sell. The Vitamix isn't for everyone, and I'm certainly not going to convince someone who is determined to get a Blendtec to buy a Vitamix by putting down the machine they really want!

AND I've learned that often people who ask me about the Blendtec have one, and they just want to hear what I have to say about it. CERTAINLY doesn't do anyone any good to put down the machine they (for whatever reason) chose to buy. If they see the Vitamix demonstration, they will understand the differences clearly enough.

Thanks for sharing this though - it is a pretty extreme example. Costco has warned both companies repeatedly to never put down or even discuss the other brand, but it happens all of the time anyway, and Blendtec goes out of their way to put down the Vitamix…

Hi Lea Ann. Just wanted to share an experience that I had a costco today. Blendtec rep "Mark" was demoing at my costco. BION, he actually had a VM 5200 machine and took it out the moment someone in the crowd asked about the VM comparison. He began to compare them visually, saying how ugly the VM is and how it looks like a professional machine but is more comparable to Montel machine. Sadly, I did not stay to hear the rest of his demo, since he somehow got off on a tangent about the importance of legaliziing marijauna so that ppl could blend it into their drinks for cataracts and other ailments. Since my kids were with me, I decided to move along. Thot you'd find my experience interesting, tho. Beth

Ah, the Blendtec vs Vitamix fiasco! ;) I've been thoroughly researching both

products in anticipation of a severe diet overhaul. I've compared financials,

mechanical, uses and demos to boot!

Like most others have said, they're both amazing products and your money won't

be wasted on either one.

The first demo I attended was for Blendtec, then followed it up by one for

Vitamix. In both cases I brought my cousin with me, who is trying to eliminate

dairy and was enthralled at the idea of a blender that disintegrates seeds. ;)

After seeing both he started giving me feedback, pointing out unique features of

each machine. I won't go into my pro/con list on the machines here, but he did

note the difference in the demonstrators! When I mentioned I was pretty sure I

was leaning towards the Vitamix HE asked ME if it was because of the demo'er.

VM's rep seemed to show the process a little more, and not just the result. He

explained a bit about the tamper, and even took the time to talk with us about

how he discovered the machine, etc.

Blendtec's booth was busier when we visited to be fair, but for the time we

lingered I didn't feel as familiar with the product as I'd have liked. The only

time he brought up the competition was when someone asked him how it compared to

" the vita-thing " . He mostly gave pat answers like horsepower and mentioning the

tamper they " don't need " . Nothing degrading, but after my research, nothing

convincing either.

I'd be fine with the company's stance that they don't need a tamper... IF they

hadn't come out with the Twister Jar which is just their personal version.

PS: Also goes to show how beauty is in the eye of the beholder! VM isn't as

sleek, but I actually LOVE the industrial appeal of the machine.

>

> Hi Lea Ann. Just wanted to share an experience that I had a costco today.

interesting, tho.

>

> Beth

>