RemedySpot.com

RE: Welches White Grape Juice

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Lea Ann you know me and reading labels I was looking at the nutritional information on the Welch's link you posted. I got a chuckle out of it because they make you jump through hoops to get the correct information. That web site says there are 160 calories in 60ml. but not how many servings are in a can. To find that out you have to select the link below the Nutritional Facts but once you do that all you will see is a small rectangular box in the lower left side. If you put your cursor in that box you will see the only size given is 11.5 oz. Now you have to figure out how many ml are in 11.5oz and divide that by 60 to get the serving size per can. Math was never my strongest skill but I came up with there are approx 6 servings in that can. If I would have gone to the Orchards site first I would have save a lot of grief because they spelled it out straightforwardly and both are nutritionally near the same. In your recipe for ice cream you say you use a half a can of the concentrate and by my math you are adding 480 calories, 123 carbs, and 117g of sugars to your recipe. Tom From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Lea Ann SavageSent: Sunday, January 01, 2012 7:24 PM Subject: Re: Welches White Grape Juice Hello Wayne, I'm glad that you asked - the link you sent is to White Grape JUICE and in my ice cream recipe I was using White Grape Juice CONCENTRATE:http://www.welchs.com/products/concentrates/frozen-100-percent-juice-concentrates/100-percent-white-grape-juice-concentrate All Welches Flavors with the Yellow Lids = a 100% Juice Concentrate (juice preserved with Vit. C)All Welches Flavors with White Lids = Juice COCKTAILS (high fructose sugar, many chemical preservatives I cannot pronounce) There are other Juice Concentrates - just be sure to read labels and make sure that you are getting real juice concentrate and no chemical preservatives and no high fructose corn syrup/sugar. I often use this Publix brand Juice Concentrate (100% Juice):http://oldorchard.com/products/#!/show/groups/100-juice-12oz/ Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))>< On Jan 1, 2012, at 7:15 PM, wschep wrote: Lee AnnI have enjoyed all the work you put into your website and videosBeen looking for the Welches White Grape Juice with the yellow cap.All I can find is thishttp://www.welchs.com/products/100-percent-grape-juice/100-percent-grape-juices/100-percent-white-grape-juiceIs this what I should be using ?Thanks againWayne

This is correct Tom. I could never make that recipe for me, and I never claim that it is a healthy recipe that a person should consume daily, or that one should consume it all in one sitting ;-). All I say is to be SURE that you aren't getting Juice Cocktail vs. Juice Concentrate because Juice Cocktail is just that much worse.For people who eat Haggen Daz (or replace that brand name with any commercial, high fat / high chemical / high sugar ice cream) on a regular basis, this recipe with the 5 veggies would be an improvement. It is all relative... The ice cream demonstration is designed to show the power of the machine to the audience (after 30 seconds on high, I can turn the container upside down and the ice cream is still in there) and in a Sam's Club, Home Show, or Costco has to taste GOOD to people who eat at Mcs (there are all demographics in an audience). Health conscious people take personal responsibility for their food choices, and know that they have to make adjustments to recipes like this…

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Jan 1, 2012, at 9:07 PM, Tom Matuschak wrote:

Lea Ann you know me and reading labels I was looking at the nutritional information on the Welch's link you posted. I got a chuckle out of it because they make you jump through hoops to get the correct information. That web site says there are 160 calories in 60ml. but not how many servings are in a can. To find that out you have to select the link below the Nutritional Facts but once you do that all you will see is a small rectangular box in the lower left side. If you put your cursor in that box you will see the only size given is 11.5 oz. Now you have to figure out how many ml are in 11.5oz and divide that by 60 to get the serving size per can. Math was never my strongest skill but I came up with there are approx 6 servings in that can. If I would have gone to the Orchards site first I would have save a lot of grief because they spelled it out straightforwardly and both are nutritionally near the same. In your recipe for ice cream you say you use a half a can of the concentrate and by my math you are adding 480 calories, 123 carbs, and 117g of sugars to your recipe. Tom From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Lea Ann SavageSent: Sunday, January 01, 2012 7:24 PM Subject: Re: Welches White Grape Juice Hello Wayne, I'm glad that you asked - the link you sent is to White Grape JUICE and in my ice cream recipe I was using White Grape Juice CONCENTRATE:http://www.welchs.com/products/concentrates/frozen-100-percent-juice-concentrates/100-percent-white-grape-juice-concentrate All Welches Flavors with the Yellow Lids = a 100% Juice Concentrate (juice preserved with Vit. C)All Welches Flavors with White Lids = Juice COCKTAILS (high fructose sugar, many chemical preservatives I cannot pronounce) There are other Juice Concentrates - just be sure to read labels and make sure that you are getting real juice concentrate and no chemical preservatives and no high fructose corn syrup/sugar. I often use this Publix brand Juice Concentrate (100% Juice):http://oldorchard.com/products/#!/show/groups/100-juice-12oz/ Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))>< On Jan 1, 2012, at 7:15 PM, wschep wrote: Lee AnnI have enjoyed all the work you put into your website and videosBeen looking for the Welches White Grape Juice with the yellow cap.All I can find is thishttp://www.welchs.com/products/100-percent-grape-juice/100-percent-grape-juices/100-percent-white-grape-juiceIs this what I should be using ?Thanks againWayne

Lea Ann last night my 7 year old granddaughter and I made a version of the Strawberry Lime Sorbet (p242) for dessert. I measured the ingredients and helped with the tamping but she was thrilled " she made it " . The Professional 500 is great for her to use because there is no need to adjust speeds or time recipes. Anyways at Sam's they have a bag of frozen bananas and strawberries mixture and I used the one pound recommended in the recipe and omitted the lime and everyone loved it even the grandchildren. The bananas added a few more calories and carbs but not many. The recipe makes 7 half cup servings. Give it a try and you may find that your audience will like it too. You can even tout it as low calorie, healthy and most of all good. Tom From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Lea Ann SavageSent: Monday, January 02, 2012 8:19 AM Subject: Re: Welches White Grape Juice This is correct Tom. I could never make that recipe for me, and I never claim that it is a healthy recipe that a person should consume daily, or that one should consume it all in one sitting ;-). All I say is to be SURE that you aren't getting Juice Cocktail vs. Juice Concentrate because Juice Cocktail is just that much worse. For people who eat Haggen Daz (or replace that brand name with any commercial, high fat / high chemical / high sugar ice cream) on a regular basis, this recipe with the 5 veggies would be an improvement. It is all relative... The ice cream demonstration is designed to show the power of the machine to the audience (after 30 seconds on high, I can turn the container upside down and the ice cream is still in there) and in a Sam's Club, Home Show, or Costco has to taste GOOD to people who eat at Mcs (there are all demographics in an audience). Health conscious people take personal responsibility for their food choices, and know that they have to make adjustments to recipes like this… Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))>< On Jan 1, 2012, at 9:07 PM, Tom Matuschak wrote: Lea Ann you know me and reading labels I was looking at the nutritional information on the Welch's link you posted. I got a chuckle out of it because they make you jump through hoops to get the correct information. That web site says there are 160 calories in 60ml. but not how many servings are in a can. To find that out you have to select the link below the Nutritional Facts but once you do that all you will see is a small rectangular box in the lower left side. If you put your cursor in that box you will see the only size given is 11.5 oz. Now you have to figure out how many ml are in 11.5oz and divide that by 60 to get the serving size per can. Math was never my strongest skill but I came up with there are approx 6 servings in that can. If I would have gone to the Orchards site first I would have save a lot of grief because they spelled it out straightforwardly and both are nutritionally near the same. In your recipe for ice cream you say you use a half a can of the concentrate and by my math you are adding 480 calories, 123 carbs, and 117g of sugars to your recipe. Tom From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Lea Ann SavageSent: Sunday, January 01, 2012 7:24 PM Subject: Re: Welches White Grape Juice Hello Wayne, I'm glad that you asked - the link you sent is to White Grape JUICE and in my ice cream recipe I was using White Grape Juice CONCENTRATE:http://www.welchs.com/products/concentrates/frozen-100-percent-juice-concentrates/100-percent-white-grape-juice-concentrate All Welches Flavors with the Yellow Lids = a 100% Juice Concentrate (juice preserved with Vit. C)All Welches Flavors with White Lids = Juice COCKTAILS (high fructose sugar, many chemical preservatives I cannot pronounce) There are other Juice Concentrates - just be sure to read labels and make sure that you are getting real juice concentrate and no chemical preservatives and no high fructose corn syrup/sugar. I often use this Publix brand Juice Concentrate (100% Juice):http://oldorchard.com/products/#!/show/groups/100-juice-12oz/ Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))>< On Jan 1, 2012, at 7:15 PM, wschep wrote: Lee AnnI have enjoyed all the work you put into your website and videosBeen looking for the Welches White Grape Juice with the yellow cap.All I can find is thishttp://www.welchs.com/products/100-percent-grape-juice/100-percent-grape-juices/100-percent-white-grape-juiceIs this what I should be using ?Thanks againWayne

See - you are a health conscious person, and adapted a recipe to something healthier! Good for you!That would taste good to people who have already trained their taste buds to a lower sugar diet. But I have audience members standing in front of me spooning a Costco Smoothie into their mouths, waiting on my ice cream. Even my super sweet (to my taste) ice cream can't compete with the sweetness of the high fructose corn syrup in a Coscto Smoothie. What I do in a sales environment is completely different than what I would teach in a seminar, or do for myself at home.I take great pride in knowing that some of those people slurping down high fructose corn syrup WANT to improve their diets, and when they see the veggies going into the ice cream and they taste it and like it, some of them take that first step onto the road towards a healthier lifestyle. For many, it takes baby steps...

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Jan 2, 2012, at 8:49 AM, Tom Matuschak wrote:

Lea Ann last night my 7 year old granddaughter and I made a version of the Strawberry Lime Sorbet (p242) for dessert. I measured the ingredients and helped with the tamping but she was thrilled" she made it". The Professional 500 is great for her to use because there is no need to adjust speeds or time recipes. Anyways at Sam's they have a bag of frozen bananas and strawberries mixture and I used the one pound recommended in the recipe and omitted the lime and everyone loved it even the grandchildren. The bananas added a few more calories and carbs but not many. The recipe makes 7 half cup servings. Give it a try and you may find that your audience will like it too. You can even tout it as low calorie, healthy and most of all good. Tom From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Lea Ann SavageSent: Monday, January 02, 2012 8:19 AM Subject: Re: Welches White Grape Juice This is correct Tom. I could never make that recipe for me, and I never claim that it is a healthy recipe that a person should consume daily, or that one should consume it all in one sitting ;-). All I say is to be SURE that you aren't getting Juice Cocktail vs. Juice Concentrate because Juice Cocktail is just that much worse. For people who eat Haggen Daz (or replace that brand name with any commercial, high fat / high chemical / high sugar ice cream) on a regular basis, this recipe with the 5 veggies would be an improvement. It is all relative... The ice cream demonstration is designed to show the power of the machine to the audience (after 30 seconds on high, I can turn the container upside down and the ice cream is still in there) and in a Sam's Club, Home Show, or Costco has to taste GOOD to people who eat at Mcs (there are all demographics in an audience). Health conscious people take personal responsibility for their food choices, and know that they have to make adjustments to recipes like this… Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))>< On Jan 1, 2012, at 9:07 PM, Tom Matuschak wrote: Lea Ann you know me and reading labels I was looking at the nutritional information on the Welch's link you posted. I got a chuckle out of it because they make you jump through hoops to get the correct information. That web site says there are 160 calories in 60ml. but not how many servings are in a can. To find that out you have to select the link below the Nutritional Facts but once you do that all you will see is a small rectangular box in the lower left side. If you put your cursor in that box you will see the only size given is 11.5 oz. Now you have to figure out how many ml are in 11.5oz and divide that by 60 to get the serving size per can. Math was never my strongest skill but I came up with there are approx 6 servings in that can. If I would have gone to the Orchards site first I would have save a lot of grief because they spelled it out straightforwardly and both are nutritionally near the same. In your recipe for ice cream you say you use a half a can of the concentrate and by my math you are adding 480 calories, 123 carbs, and 117g of sugars to your recipe. Tom From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Lea Ann SavageSent: Sunday, January 01, 2012 7:24 PM Subject: Re: Welches White Grape Juice Hello Wayne, I'm glad that you asked - the link you sent is to White Grape JUICE and in my ice cream recipe I was using White Grape Juice CONCENTRATE:http://www.welchs.com/products/concentrates/frozen-100-percent-juice-concentrates/100-percent-white-grape-juice-concentrate All Welches Flavors with the Yellow Lids = a 100% Juice Concentrate (juice preserved with Vit. C)All Welches Flavors with White Lids = Juice COCKTAILS (high fructose sugar, many chemical preservatives I cannot pronounce) There are other Juice Concentrates - just be sure to read labels and make sure that you are getting real juice concentrate and no chemical preservatives and no high fructose corn syrup/sugar. I often use this Publix brand Juice Concentrate (100% Juice):http://oldorchard.com/products/#!/show/groups/100-juice-12oz/ Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))>< On Jan 1, 2012, at 7:15 PM, wschep wrote: Lee AnnI have enjoyed all the work you put into your website and videosBeen looking for the Welches White Grape Juice with the yellow cap.All I can find is thishttp://www.welchs.com/products/100-percent-grape-juice/100-percent-grape-juices/100-percent-white-grape-juiceIs this what I should be using ?Thanks againWayne