RemedySpot.com

Tried 2 different things with my Vitamix this weekend

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I finally tried a blended salad yesterday - first I liquidised a big tomato and 1/2 a cucumber, then added 4 big Romaine leaves, a quartered carrot, a quartered zucchini, some olive oil and balsamic vinegar, and some homemade guacamole. It wasn't bad at all! I tried some raw soups in November when I did a 100% raw month, and they were awful, but this blended salad was definitely something I'd try again. It was VERY green, and it made enough for lunch yesterday and a bit leftover for today.

The other thing I did was for this morning's green smoothie - I normally start out with 3 cups of water, turn the blender on to speed 1 to agitate the water and add 2 dessertspoons each of brown flax and black chia seeds, then throw in the greens and move it up the numbers then to high then add the fruit.

For this smoothie I blended just the seeds on high till the contents changed colour from dark brown to light tan before adding the 2 -3 generous handfuls of greens and fruit (1 fresh pear, 3 small frozen bananas, and a couple of handfuls of frozen blueberries) and what a difference in taste - it's a lot less sweet and there's a very noticeable taste that I can't identify. It was also a LOT more gelatinous which I know is because of the nature of the seeds. This makes 4 serves of smoothie for hubby and I and lasts 2 days.

I do think that having the seeds more pulverised is better for the body as they are more digestible, but I think more fruit will be required to combat the strange taste!

Niki GloverCentral Coast, NSW, Australia