RemedySpot.com

Re: Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead--I'm taking the jump!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Good for you Tuzahu!I've been thinking a LOT lately about getting a juicer for ONLY my greens and doing exactly what you described... blend my ginger, 1/2 apple, and 1/2 peeled Lime with all of the fiber (to at least help balance the sugars) in the Vitamix, then add the juice of my greens.With the Green Smoothie or whole juice (whatever one wants to call it) I am currently making (including all of the fiber from the greens in my Vitamix) I can only squeeze in (or stand taste wise) about 2-3 large hands-full of greens. If I removed the fiber from the greens, I bet that I could get the nutrients from 6 hands full, and it would fit in the same glass…I covet a Norwalk Juicer, but unless I win the Lottery (which is unlikely, since I never buy a ticket ;-) I probably won't get one. I've been drinking a custom designed Green Juice at my local raw food restaurant (I'm battling a cold, and have been going there for a wheat grass shot and a green juice daily during the "battling the cold" process). The Green Juice I've been asking for is: Kale, Spinach, Parsley, 2 cloves garlic, ginger, 1/2 apple, 1/2 lemon (they are out of limes). I asked the owner what kind of juicer he is using and he is using a Breville Juice Fountain (I forgot to ask if he's using the home or commercial version…). Yes it is high RPMs and Yes, it whips up foamy juice, but it HANDLES greens AND is EASY to clean. I KNOW ME - if it isn't easy to clean, I won't use it. I have a Champion, and #1, it doesn't handle greens without purchasing an extra attachment, and 2) doesn't matter if I got the extra attachment - I wouldn't clean it!"The best juicer is the one you will use every day." - Lea Ann Savage:-)On a slightly different topic: I believe that juices and smoothies should still be "chewed" as digestion begins in the mouth, and your brain gets the signal that food (and what kind of food) is on its way so the stomach can send out the right digestive enzymes. I never swallow a juice or smoothie that hasn't reached the same temperature as my body (if they were cold to start with). They stay in my mouth until they are warmed up. I even "chew" (swish and mix with saliva) my wheat grass shots (I don't shoot them down like many people do).Thanks for your post Tuzahu, and keep us informed of your progress!

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Jan 2, 2012, at 6:10 AM, tuzahu973@... wrote:

Ok, I've done my research and I'm going for the jump. I'm going for the 10 day ReBoot starting on Wednesday, my day off (incase I need to stay close to the bathroom!). I don't have my juicer yet but I'm going with Smoothies till it comes, and then when it does, I'll do the pure juice for the 10 days.

My plan is to then add the juice to Smoothies. I really find great value in the WHOLE fruit/vegetable and the power of fiber in the diet. Also, I wonder about the pure juice dumped into the stomach acids the the alkali of the intestine without the powerful fiber to protect it and help slow absorption. The diet seems to find such value in a blast of nutrients into the blood stream.

I'm sold on Smoothies but going for the juice for the 10 days or when my juicer comes. I got the Omega 8004 after all the research and comparisons I've seen on Youtube.

I planted my first crop of wheatgrass, I feel like a framer again (raised on a dairy farm). I'm going to grow quite a bit of it as my canaries I raise love it, too, so why not let them enjoy in the harvest. The left over pulp will be fed to my 100+ pound African Tortoise, .

I'm excited to get going, time for a change and beef up my diet and some weight loss. After the 10 days I'll see how I feel if I want to extend it to the 20, 30 days or more. Or, as many do, once the fast is broken to drink juice/smoothies for two meals a day and a decent regular meal once a night. I'll keep you all posted. Wish I had a video camera to do this on youtube.

Good luck and I look forward to hearing your results!

Fran

In a message dated 1/2/2012 6:10:30 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, tuzahu973@... writes:

Ok, I've done my research and I'm going for the jump. I'm going for the 10 day ReBoot starting on Wednesday, my day off (incase I need to stay close to the bathroom!). I don't have my juicer yet but I'm going with Smoothies till it comes, and then when it does, I'll do the pure juice for the 10 days.

My plan is to then add the juice to Smoothies. I really find great value in the WHOLE fruit/vegetable and the power of fiber in the diet. Also, I wonder about the pure juice dumped into the stomach acids the the alkali of the intestine without the powerful fiber to protect it and help slow absorption. The diet seems to find such value in a blast of nutrients into the blood stream.

I'm sold on Smoothies but going for the juice for the 10 days or when my juicer comes. I got the Omega 8004 after all the research and comparisons I've seen on Youtube.

I planted my first crop of wheatgrass, I feel like a framer again (raised on a dairy farm). I'm going to grow quite a bit of it as my canaries I raise love it, too, so why not let them enjoy in the harvest. The left over pulp will be fed to my 100+ pound African Tortoise, .

I'm excited to get going, time for a change and beef up my diet and some weight loss. After the 10 days I'll see how I feel if I want to extend it to the 20, 30 days or more. Or, as many do, once the fast is broken to drink juice/smoothies for two meals a day and a decent regular meal once a night. I'll keep you all posted. Wish I had a video camera to do this on youtube.

I just did this I've been thinking a LOT lately about getting a juicer for ONLY my greens and doing exactly what you described... blend my ginger, 1/2 apple, and 1/2 peeled Lime with all of the fiber (to at least help balance the sugars) in the Vitamix, then add the juice of my greens.using my Vitamix and a nut milk bag to juice a POUND of Kale greens. It is stronger than what I am used to in my regular Green Smoothie which keeps the fiber from the greens in the drink, and I usually only add about half of a pound (and I still added 5 drops of liquid Whole Leaf Stevia) to help it be more palatable, but it is something that I could consume without gagging ;-) and when you consider the benefit of getting all of the nutrients from a POUND of Kale greens on one sitting…

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Jan 2, 2012, at 8:49 AM, Lea Ann Savage wrote:

Good for you Tuzahu!I've been thinking a LOT lately about getting a juicer for ONLY my greens and doing exactly what you described... blend my ginger, 1/2 apple, and 1/2 peeled Lime with all of the fiber (to at least help balance the sugars) in the Vitamix, then add the juice of my greens.With the Green Smoothie or whole juice (whatever one wants to call it) I am currently making (including all of the fiber from the greens in my Vitamix) I can only squeeze in (or stand taste wise) about 2-3 large hands-full of greens. If I removed the fiber from the greens, I bet that I could get the nutrients from 6 hands full, and it would fit in the same glass…I covet a Norwalk Juicer, but unless I win the Lottery (which is unlikely, since I never buy a ticket ;-) I probably won't get one. I've been drinking a custom designed Green Juice at my local raw food restaurant (I'm battling a cold, and have been going there for a wheat grass shot and a green juice daily during the "battling the cold" process). The Green Juice I've been asking for is: Kale, Spinach, Parsley, 2 cloves garlic, ginger, 1/2 apple, 1/2 lemon (they are out of limes). I asked the owner what kind of juicer he is using and he is using a Breville Juice Fountain (I forgot to ask if he's using the home or commercial version…). Yes it is high RPMs and Yes, it whips up foamy juice, but it HANDLES greens AND is EASY to clean. I KNOW ME - if it isn't easy to clean, I won't use it. I have a Champion, and #1, it doesn't handle greens without purchasing an extra attachment, and 2) doesn't matter if I got the extra attachment - I wouldn't clean it!"The best juicer is the one you will use every day." - Lea Ann Savage:-)On a slightly different topic: I believe that juices and smoothies should still be "chewed" as digestion begins in the mouth, and your brain gets the signal that food (and what kind of food) is on its way so the stomach can send out the right digestive enzymes. I never swallow a juice or smoothie that hasn't reached the same temperature as my body (if they were cold to start with). They stay in my mouth until they are warmed up. I even "chew" (swish and mix with saliva) my wheat grass shots (I don't shoot them down like many people do).Thanks for your post Tuzahu, and keep us informed of your progress!

On Jan 2, 2012, at 6:10 AM, tuzahu973@... wrote: