RemedySpot.com

RE: Avocado Chocolate Pudding

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I bought a young Thai coconut today at a new asian food store. It does not have holes like the coconuts I am used to.  How do you open it?  Do you need to bake it a few minutes first? Any help would be appreciated.

I also bought some fresh bitter melon and have no idea how to cook them.  They look like lumpy cucumbers.  I read they are good for leveling blood sugar, so I will try them.

FYI:  I just ate some Avocado Chocolate pudding tonight, I added some cacoa nibs- Yummy!!!

Thanks.

Janet

I open Thai coconuts with a dremmel tool, just slicing around the point where it joins the base. Do be careful to get organic, if you can-most are dipped in a formaldahyde dip for transport, unlabeled (if this is of concern to you) Bitter melons are indeed very bitter-best skinned and sauteed with a little real butter and some agave nectar, and remove the seeds by scooping a spoon along the seed core. Sent from my iPadOn Jan 11, 2012, at 10:03 PM, Janet Fowler <jaxjanet19@...> wrote:

I bought a young Thai coconut today at a new asian food store. It does not have holes like the coconuts I am used to. How do you open it? Do you need to bake it a few minutes first? Any help would be appreciated.

I also bought some fresh bitter melon and have no idea how to cook them. They look like lumpy cucumbers. I read they are good for leveling blood sugar, so I will try them.

FYI: I just ate some Avocado Chocolate pudding tonight, I added some cacoa nibs- Yummy!!!

Thanks.

Janet

Rene Oswald, a member of this group has a video on opening a Thai

coconut on her site. It's video #21.

Her site is reneoswald.com

Velda

On 1/11/2012 7:03 PM, Janet Fowler wrote:

I bought a young Thai coconut today at a new asian food

store. It does not have holes like the coconuts I am used to.

How do you open it? Do you need to bake it a few minutes first?

Any help would be appreciated.

I also bought some fresh bitter melon and have no idea how to

cook them. They look like lumpy cucumbers. I read they are

good for leveling blood sugar, so I will try them.

FYI: I just ate some Avocado Chocolate pudding tonight, I

added some cacoa nibs- Yummy!!!

Thanks.

Janet