RemedySpot.com

Re: Checking In.......LING

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Oh dear. Too many ER visits for this group! Everyone understands if you miss some mail....it is expected here! I sure hope you are feeling better now, and I hope your doctor can give you something that will help you and not make you loopy! I got a loopy shot once, and I thought I was crazy because a large pink bunny gave me some chocolate. Turns out, there really was one, but that's another story for another day. Have you had head scans for these headaches? If not, I think you should. Take care friend,

-- Checking In.......

Hi All,Sorry for being inactive on the list for the past few days, as I am justhaving a miserable time. Will try to answer the mails as soon as I can!Well, the nice headaches have started to disturb me again since Monday. Theydid get better with the Tramadol, but after a field trip on Friday in whichthe bus suddenly jerked and make me jerk and hit my head again, the painjust came right back. Hence the rest is highly predictable....Went for my pain doc appointment and physiotherapy after the field trip asscheduled.The pain got bad when I was at the doc clinic, so the doc gave mea penthatine cum maxelon jab [sp???] before I left his clinic. I haveactually got these injections before, and they only made me sleepy, that'sall. Anyway, I went for physiotherapy which was just a level above theclinic in the same building, and when I sat down with the therapist, whichwas less than 15 minutes after I got my jab, I started to feel so giddy,jelly, and eyes started to blur, so the therapist called off the treatmentand made me rest for a while. Gosh, I hate that. That was about 5pm.By 6pm,I could not stand at all, I just slumped onto the floor when I tried to movefrom the couch to a chair, until the therapist had to practically lift meup. I was too giddy to feel any pain actually. Scared too.My family came to pick me up, but by 7pm the pain came back again, mostprobably because the injection had worn off, and that kicked me into tearsagain. Hence my family brought me to the emergency department where Ireceived another penthadine jab for the pain, and I was left to rest in theobservation area for 2 hours before I went home at almost 12am. What a day!Basically I am just at home now, unable to function much......Ling---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.320 / Virus Database: 179 - Release Date: 30/01/2002~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~The Being Sick CommunityMemorial Pagehttp://www.dreamwater.net/lovingmemory/Message Archives and Digest Attachment Pictures:-/messagesChat:- Scheduled Daily Chats at # on IRC DALnet./files/chat.htmBookmarks:-Add a website URL you have found useful./linksPersonal Complaints or problems:-Please contact a moderator email: -owner Subscription Details:-1) Individual email - means that every email sent to the list you receive.2) Daily Digest - sends you 25 messages in one single email for you to browse. This is an excellent option if you receive alot of email.3) Web only/No mail - means that you can pop into eGroups at your convenience and receive no email.To modify your subscription settings please visit:- /joinTo subscribe or unsubscribe please email:--subscribe -unsubscribe ~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~“Hold on to what is good, even if it's a handful of earth. Hold on to what you believe, even if it's a tree that stands by itself. Hold on to what you must do even, if it's a long way from here. Hold on to your life, even if it's easier to let go." - Pueblo Prayer~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~

Hi ,

Feeling slightly better today, thanks! Just having a silly problem though, feel giddy after getting up from bed or chair, and after sitting for too long. Don't think I am anaemic, but just wondering if this is due to the baclofen I am taking, But had been taking it for more than 2 months already. Advice or views from anyone?

Had CT and MRIs of both the brain and neck done before 3-4 years ago. The MRI neck/cervical spine showed mild cervical spondylosis with loss of cervical lordosis and minor disc bulging. However, the docs said this was not the cause of my headaches.

Just an update, my physiotherapist called me yesterday to tell me that the pain doc had wanted her to stop treating me for the time being. He said that he wanted me to see someone first. The physiotherapist did not know who the doc wanted me to see though. Presently waiting for the doc to contact me. I really hope that he will not be seeing me to the neurologists - really do not want to go on the merry go round again. Hope he will not send me to the psychologist too! The one I saw made me feel as though it was the end of the world - he said, " Since you have to see me, it shows that your headaches are not likely to go away, so you will have to learn to live with it." # & %$#^!!!

Ling

Checking In.......

Hi All,Sorry for being inactive on the list for the past few days, as I am justhaving a miserable time. Will try to answer the mails as soon as I can!Well, the nice headaches have started to disturb me again since Monday. Theydid get better with the Tramadol, but after a field trip on Friday in whichthe bus suddenly jerked and make me jerk and hit my head again, the painjust came right back. Hence the rest is highly predictable....Went for my pain doc appointment and physiotherapy after the field trip asscheduled.The pain got bad when I was at the doc clinic, so the doc gave mea penthatine cum maxelon jab [sp???] before I left his clinic. I haveactually got these injections before, and they only made me sleepy, that'sall. Anyway, I went for physiotherapy which was just a level above theclinic in the same building, and when I sat down with the therapist, whichwas less than 15 minutes after I got my jab, I started to feel so giddy,jelly, and eyes started to blur, so the therapist called off the treatmentand made me rest for a while. Gosh, I hate that. That was about 5pm.By 6pm,I could not stand at all, I just slumped onto the floor when I tried to movefrom the couch to a chair, until the therapist had to practically lift meup. I was too giddy to feel any pain actually. Scared too.My family came to pick me up, but by 7pm the pain came back again, mostprobably because the injection had worn off, and that kicked me into tearsagain. Hence my family brought me to the emergency department where Ireceived another penthadine jab for the pain, and I was left to rest in theobservation area for 2 hours before I went home at almost 12am. What a day!Basically I am just at home now, unable to function much......Ling

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.320 / Virus Database: 179 - Release Date: 30/01/2002

Ling,

AARRRRGGGGHHHHH! Might I ask what is the point of even seeing this doc if he says that if you need to see me....I can't help you. PUHLEEEEZE! That comment deserves a mighty swift groin kick! I also take Baclofen, and I don't notice any side effects, but that's me. You can experience side effects many months after starting a drug, especially if it has a long half-life. (example, prednisone...builds up in your body before it is gone) I may not be a medical expert, but I've gone round this one long enough to know that neck problems can CERTAINLY cause headaches. Any doctor who says no, deserves a groin kick too! Uh-oh, my doctors better watch out today! Hee hee! And....(boy am I on a roll!) any doctor who says you need to "learn to live with it" has never had a chronic pain problem.

......AND deserves a groin kick!

Crossing my fingers and toes for this next doctor call,

-- Re: Checking In.......LING

Hi ,

Feeling slightly better today, thanks! Just having a silly problem though, feel giddy after getting up from bed or chair, and after sitting for too long. Don't think I am anaemic, but just wondering if this is due to the baclofen I am taking, But had been taking it for more than 2 months already. Advice or views from anyone?

Had CT and MRIs of both the brain and neck done before 3-4 years ago. The MRI neck/cervical spine showed mild cervical spondylosis with loss of cervical lordosis and minor disc bulging. However, the docs said this was not the cause of my headaches.

Just an update, my physiotherapist called me yesterday to tell me that the pain doc had wanted her to stop treating me for the time being. He said that he wanted me to see someone first. The physiotherapist did not know who the doc wanted me to see though. Presently waiting for the doc to contact me. I really hope that he will not be seeing me to the neurologists - really do not want to go on the merry go round again. Hope he will not send me to the psychologist too! The one I saw made me feel as though it was the end of the world - he said, " Since you have to see me, it shows that your headaches are not likely to go away, so you will have to learn to live with it." # & %$#^!!!

Ling

Checking In.......

Hi All,Sorry for being inactive on the list for the past few days, as I am justhaving a miserable time. Will try to answer the mails as soon as I can!Well, the nice headaches have started to disturb me again since Monday. Theydid get better with the Tramadol, but after a field trip on Friday in whichthe bus suddenly jerked and make me jerk and hit my head again, the painjust came right back. Hence the rest is highly predictable....Went for my pain doc appointment and physiotherapy after the field trip asscheduled.The pain got bad when I was at the doc clinic, so the doc gave mea penthatine cum maxelon jab [sp???] before I left his clinic. I haveactually got these injections before, and they only made me sleepy, that'sall. Anyway, I went for physiotherapy which was just a level above theclinic in the same building, and when I sat down with the therapist, whichwas less than 15 minutes after I got my jab, I started to feel so giddy,jelly, and eyes started to blur, so the therapist called off the treatmentand made me rest for a while. Gosh, I hate that. That was about 5pm.By 6pm,I could not stand at all, I just slumped onto the floor when I tried to movefrom the couch to a chair, until the therapist had to practically lift meup. I was too giddy to feel any pain actually. Scared too.My family came to pick me up, but by 7pm the pain came back again, mostprobably because the injection had worn off, and that kicked me into tearsagain. Hence my family brought me to the emergency department where Ireceived another penthadine jab for the pain, and I was left to rest in theobservation area for 2 hours before I went home at almost 12am. What a day!Basically I am just at home now, unable to function much......Ling

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.320 / Virus Database: 179 - Release Date: 30/01/2002~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~ The Being Sick CommunityMemorial Pagehttp://www.dreamwater.net/lovingmemory/Message Archives and Digest Attachment Pictures:-/messagesChat:- Scheduled Daily Chats at # on IRC DALnet./files/chat.htmBookmarks:-Add a website URL you have found useful./linksPersonal Complaints or problems:-Please contact a moderator email: -owner Subscription Details:-1) Individual email - means that every email sent to the list you receive.2) Daily Digest - sends you 25 messages in one single email for you to browse. This is an excellent option if you receive alot of email.3) Web only/No mail - means that you can pop into eGroups at your convenience and receive no email.To modify your subscription settings please visit:- /joinTo subscribe or unsubscribe please email:--subscribe -unsubscribe ~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~“Hold on to what is good, even if it's a handful of earth. Hold on to what you believe, even if it's a tree that stands by itself. Hold on to what you must do even, if it's a long way from here. Hold on to your life, even if it's easier to let go." - Pueblo Prayer~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~

Thanks for those kicks, they really made me feel much better....... ^_^. The doc who "told me to live with it" was a psychologist, and he 'treated' me by teaching me to keep a headache diary.... [as though I need one to teach me that.]

Some people just deserve groin kicks, don't they?

Ling

Checking In.......

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.320 / Virus Database: 179 - Release Date: 30/01/2002

Ling,

You are absolutely welcome! I'm glad they made you feel better. You know what I would've done to this flaming butt muncher who wanted you to keep a "headache" diary? I would have brought 500 pages with the same sentence written on every page....."my head hurts" and show him what a moron he is. I think most doctors deserve groin kicks....where do all the good ones go???? There have to be some somewhere! Maybe they are hiding out in Iceland?

-- Re: Checking In.......LING

Thanks for those kicks, they really made me feel much better....... ^_^. The doc who "told me to live with it" was a psychologist, and he 'treated' me by teaching me to keep a headache diary..... [as though I need one to teach me that.]

Some people just deserve groin kicks, don't they?

Ling

Checking In.......

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.320 / Virus Database: 179 - Release Date: 30/01/2002~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~ The Being Sick CommunityMemorial Pagehttp://www.dreamwater.net/lovingmemory/Message Archives and Digest Attachment Pictures:-/messagesChat:- Scheduled Daily Chats at # on IRC DALnet./files/chat.htmBookmarks:-Add a website URL you have found useful./linksPersonal Complaints or problems:-Please contact a moderator email: -owner Subscription Details:-1) Individual email - means that every email sent to the list you receive.2) Daily Digest - sends you 25 messages in one single email for you to browse. This is an excellent option if you receive alot of email.3) Web only/No mail - means that you can pop into eGroups at your convenience and receive no email.To modify your subscription settings please visit:- /joinTo subscribe or unsubscribe please email:--subscribe -unsubscribe ~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~“Hold on to what is good, even if it's a handful of earth. Hold on to what you believe, even if it's a tree that stands by itself. Hold on to what you must do even, if it's a long way from here. Hold on to your life, even if it's easier to let go." - Pueblo Prayer~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~

LOL!!!!!! That's really so smart of you! hehe..... maybe we should organise a trip down to Iceland to hunt down the good docs....

Ling

Checking In.......