RemedySpot.com

Tethered Cord Syndrome

Rate this topic

Guest guest

In a message dated 10/25/03 2:04:28 PM Pacific Daylight Time, dale@...

writes:

> anything is easier to handle when

> you know what you are up against.

Exactly, Dale!! The treatment is a simple surgery. He'll be in the hospital

only one night. The Rheumy told us it is less painful than a tonsillectomy.

WHEW!!

Sandi

from Dale, Mom to Katy, CVID, age 19

Sounds painful. So what's the treatment -- or have you gotten that far?

But glad you are getting diagnosis -- anything is easier to handle when

you know what you are up against.

In His service,

Dale

SassyKay418@... wrote:

>Hello All,

> Yesterday, saw his Rheumatologist for probable Tethered Cord

>Syndrome. He is almost 100% certain that it is present--'s MRI is

scheduled for

>Nov. 5th. While in the office, he wrote down the symptoms for me--I thought I

>would share them with all of you. I know some of you are in the process of

>ruling this out. Others of you might notice a symptom or two that seems

>suspicious. The spelling is questionable--it's the Doc's!!

>

>Tethered Cord Syndrome--Classic Symptoms

>

>1. Bowel--constipation--encopresis

>2. Bladder--urgency--frequency--enuresis

>3. Chronic axial pain/stiffness

>4. Leg pain

>5. Neurological symptoms

> Weakness

> Reflexes can be altered ('s are hyper)

> Gait abnormalities

> Numbness/unusual sensations

> Toe walking

>6. Spinal Bifida--often present--considered a " marker " for lower spine

>mischief

>

>The symptoms can worsen/change as the child grows. Hope this helps!!

>

>

>Sandi--Mom to , age 10. Immune Deficiency, Tetrology of Fallot,

>Pulmonary Valve transplant, Mitral Valve stenosis, chronic sinusitis, chronic

ear

>infections, asthma, severe allergies, GERD, possible Tethered Cord Syndrome.

>

>

>

• 4 years later...
Guest guest

I have a 17 y.o. Male patient who just got Dx with Tethered

cord at OHSU, the treating physician recommended Chiropractic. Any of you have

had experience with this before? Any treatment plans suggestions? Particular

things I should be looking for? I got this about 1 hour ago and am frantically going

back to my neuron notes and books but have not been successful yet. One of you

old, oh I’m sorry experienced!! Doctors out there in the group must have dealt

with this before. Thanks!

M. Cote

Silverton

cote@...

Guest guest

Use a technique that reduces meningeal / cord tension. I use Advanced Biostructural Correction (ABC) to do that. I'm sure there are other valid ways to reduce cord tension, but I'm ignorant of them. I've never had a patient with TCS, but I've read about it in the surgical literature. There's a surgery that snips the filum terminale, which takes alot of the tension off the system. Hope this helps.

Jamey Dyson, D.C.

Salem

Tethered Cord Syndrome

I have a 17 y.o. Male patient who just got Dx with Tethered cord at OHSU, the treating physician recommended Chiropractic. Any of you have had experience with this before? Any treatment plans suggestions? Particular things I should be looking for? I got this about 1 hour ago and am frantically going back to my neuron notes and books but have not been successful yet. One of you old, oh I’m sorry experienced!! Doctors out there in the group must have dealt with this before. Thanks!

M. Cote

Silverton

coteviclink

Guest guest

....and it could respond well to correcting the sacrum and/or coccyx remembering to check the occiput at well.

Sunny

Sunny Kierstyn, RN DC Fibromyalgia Care Center of Oregon 2677 Willakenzie Road, 7C

Eugene, Oregon, 97401

541- 344- 0509; Fx; 541- 344- 0955

cote@...; From: jcaadyson@...Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 06:13:12 -0700Subject: Re: Tethered Cord Syndrome

Use a technique that reduces meningeal / cord tension. I use Advanced Biostructural Correction (ABC) to do that. I'm sure there are other valid ways to reduce cord tension, but I'm ignorant of them. I've never had a patient with TCS, but I've read about it in the surgical literature. There's a surgery that snips the filum terminale, which takes alot of the tension off the system. Hope this helps.

Jamey Dyson, D.C.

Salem

Tethered Cord Syndrome

I have a 17 y.o. Male patient who just got Dx with Tethered cord at OHSU, the treating physician recommended Chiropractic. Any of you have had experience with this before? Any treatment plans suggestions? Particular things I should be looking for? I got this about 1 hour ago and am frantically going back to my neuron notes and books but have not been successful yet. One of you old, oh I’m sorry experienced!! Doctors out there in the group must have dealt with this before. Thanks!

M. Cote

Silverton

coteviclink

Express yourself wherever you are. Mobilize!

Guest guest

What do the films look like? (normal curves what.)

Carl Bonofiglio, D.C.

-- Re: Tethered Cord Syndrome

Jamey Dyson, D.C.

Salem

Tethered Cord Syndrome

M. Cote

Silverton

coteviclink

Guest guest

I know that Chiropractic Biophysics Technique reduces cord tension by restoring the normal lordoses to cervical and lumbar spines. I would suggest that you attempt to restore curves to spine to reduce tension on cord. I use CBP technique and it works well in restoring curves.

Schneider DC

PDX

On Sun 27/04/08 9:56 AM , "Docbono" docbono1@... sent:

What do the films look like? (normal curves what.)

Carl Bonofiglio, D.C.

-- Re: Tethered Cord Syndrome

Jamey Dyson, D.C.

Salem

Tethered Cord Syndrome

I have a 17 y.o. Male patient who just got Dx with Tethered cord at OHSU, the treating physician recommended Chiropractic. Any of you have had experience with this before? Any treatment plans suggestions? Particular things I should be looking for? I got this about 1 hour ago and am frantically going back to my neuron notes and books but have not been successful yet. One of you old, oh IÂ’m sorry experienced!

! Doctors out there in the group must have dealt with this before. Thanks!

M. Cote

Silverton

coteviclink