RemedySpot.com

Medicare discussion follow-up

Rate this topic

Guest guest

As an aside to the recent Medicare discussion, we have many seniors that come through our door; I'm sure it's a higher percentage than most clinics. By and large, I love our seniors. But Medicare? Not so much...

Anyway...I was speaking to an attorney who specializes in senior law, and he told me about a free program for seniors, run by the state insurance commission, called Senior Health Insurance Benefits Assistance, or SHIBA. They can counsel seniors about Medicare coverage, replacement policies, and also helps review hospital bills, investigate suspected fraud, help with appeals for unpaid insurance and more. In the Eugene/Springfield area, seniors can schedule a free appointment by calling Beth Sutton at 541-736-4403. They work out of the senior center in Eugene, and the Willamalane Senior Center in Springfield.

Here's a link: http://www.oregon.gov/DCBS/SHIBA/index.shtml

Sounds like a great service. I'm going to put a notice up in our office and see if we can help some of our seniors tame the Medicare beast.

Cheers,

Alan

Creswell ChiropracticStart the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.