RemedySpot.com

Florida suspends Allstate Insurance

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Doctors:I thought this might be of interest.  Its an issue I'm dealing with right now, involving the intentional reduction in payments to doctors and policyholders by Allstate and other insurers.  Those of you who have seen me lecture with Art Croft recently, you already know a bit about what is going on.  For those who haven't, this should be an eye opener. Florida Blocks Allstate Insurance from Writing New Business in State“Florida Insurance Commissioner McCarty suspended the certificate of authority of Allstate Companies to write new property insurance in Florida until the company fully complies with the subpoenas served Oct. 16 by his Office of Insurance Regulation. Today's decision by McCarty follows Tuesday's action when he abruptly halted the scheduled two-day hearing into the Allstate Companies' reinsurance program, their relationships with risk modeling companies, insurance rating organizations and insurance trade associations. ‘In view of Allstate's ongoing, blatant disregard of our subpoenas, I have little choice but to take an action that will send a clear message about how seriously I am taking this issue,’ said McCarty. ‘Suspending their certificate of authority to write new business in our state should make my point. If Allstate is willing to pay $25,000 per day in fines to a Missouri court for its ongoing failure to provide similar documents, it's obvious to me that it will take more than a monetary sanction to get them to comply with our subpoenas.’ Allstate was to have provided all appropriate company documents related to the above topics at or before Tuesday's hearing, but failed to do so, McCarty said. Instead, he said the OIR received 51 pages of objections to the subpoenas.”Insurance Journal, 1-16-08 http://www.insurancejournal.com/news/southeast/2008/01/16/86463.htmFor the public book "From Good Hands to Boxing Gloves" dealing with Allstate's impact on insurance see:http://www.amazon.com/Good-Hands-Boxing-Gloves/dp/1934833010/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8 & s=books & qid=1200607075 & sr=8-1orhttp://www.trialguides.com/allstatebookpublic.htm  Dr. DeShaw, Esq., P.C.Portland OfficeFox Tower805 SW Broadway, Suite 2720Portland, OR 97205(503) 227-1233Seattle OfficeColumbia Center701 5th Ave., Suite 4200Seattle, WA 98104www.doctorlawyer.net(866) THE-FIRM