RemedySpot.com

Vytorin

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi!

Are you a man or woman? If a woman, I will tell you I went thru this also during peri-meno and menopause. No one told me these were symptoms of that......I found it out by searching the internet and meeting other women with the same problem.

http://www.womentowomen.com/adrenalfatigue/index.asp?id=2 & campaignno=adrenalfatigue & keywords=supplement+adrenal+fatigue

The above may be good reading....I just came across it and have not read it yet....

I was just stoppin by quickly and saw your message.....

Anyway, I too was under much stress, suffering loss in my life, and then BAM..thought i was having heart problems.....but later chalked it up to anxiety which I had NEVER had. But....best to be safe than sorry, so good that you are checking into it all....just search, and read.....all you can.

My chiropractor always recommends Milk Thistle seed for adrenal health.

Also......I just completed a stress class.....where we learned meditation, etc., and while I was skeptical..it worked wonders....stress is a bad thing, :-)

Take care and be informed.....good luck. It is my understanding that cholesterol goes up as we age, and actually from what I read, it is normal. It is more about how they breakdown the cholesterol. I was happy my cardio said to not even concern myself with the total number..of which mine is 272. I finally had a VAP test....which put it into better prospective. Do you take Vitorin?

Jill

Vytorin

What would cause your cholesterol to continually creep up when you areeating right, exercising and taking supplements to control cholesterol?I have been under a lot of stress and doc says I have adrenal fatigueand insulin resistance. Just had lots of heart tests for pounding heartand palpatations, fatigue, chest discomfort. Tests came back fine. Only thing bad was cholesterol had gone from 225 to 290. They handedme Vytorin, said I could go to a cardiologist or endo doctor. I choseEndo. It will probably be November before I can get an appointment.Anyone have any experience with this.ThanksBB

Hi!

Are you a man or woman? If a woman, I will tell you I went thru this also during peri-meno and menopause. No one told me these were symptoms of that......I found it out by searching the internet and meeting other women with the same problem.

http://www.womentowomen.com/adrenalfatigue/index.asp?id=2 & campaignno=adrenalfatigue & keywords=supplement+adrenal+fatigue

The above may be good reading....I just came across it and have not read it yet....

Anyway, I too was under much stress, suffering loss in my life, and then BAM..thought i was having heart problems.....but later chalked it up to anxiety which I had NEVER had. But....best to be safe than sorry, so good that you are checking into it all....just search, and read.....all you can.

Also......I just completed a stress class.....where we learned meditation, etc., and while I was skeptical..it worked wonders....stress is a bad thing, :-)

Take care and be informed.....good luck. It is my understanding that cholesterol goes up as we age, and actually from what I read, it is normal. It is more about how they breakdown the cholesterol. I was happy my cardio said to not even concern myself with the total number..of which mine is 272. I finally had a VAP test....which put it into better prospective. Do you take Vitorin?

Jill

Vytorin

What would cause your cholesterol to continually creep up when you areeating right, exercising and taking supplements to control cholesterol?I have been under a lot of stress and doc says I have adrenal fatigueand insulin resistance. Just had lots of heart tests for pounding heartand palpatations, fatigue, chest discomfort. Tests came back fine. Only thing bad was cholesterol had gone from 225 to 290. They handedme Vytorin, said I could go to a cardiologist or endo doctor. I choseEndo. It will probably be November before I can get an appointment.Anyone have any experience with this.ThanksBB

Hi Jill and thanks! I am a woman, age 54. I will look up the link you gave me.

I was just handed the vytorin today and I have always refused to take a statin before. I have believed that by taking the naturals, fish oil, niacin and cinnamon would take care of that. I am maybe 5 to 10 pounds heavier than I would like to be. Weight just stays and won't budge. I have always been a jogger....slacked off on that lately. My husband had bypass surgery in May with 5 blockages and never had high cholesterol. My gyn had recommended licorice and phosphotityle(?) serene for the adrenals and she gave me glucopage for the insulin resistance. It was after being on those for a month that I had the heart symptoms and the cholesterol jumped up. So I just can't understand why the number jumped up if I am taking the naturals. Wondering what else might be going on. I just knew my numbers would be good. Oh well...

Thanks for responding.

-----Original Message-----From: Lipitor [mailto:Lipitor ]On Behalf Of JillSent: Thursday, August 17, 2006 11:12 AMLipitor Subject: Re: Vytorin

Hi!

Jill

Vytorin

• 1 year later...
Guest guest

From March 30, 2008 CNNMONEY.COM:

“CHICAGO -(Dow )- A

panel of four cardiologists said said doctors should sharply cut their use of

popular cholesterol-lowering drugs Vytorin and Zetia after a clinical study

showed the drugs didn't work better than less expensive statin drugs….”

Then in today’s Oregonian, full page add on pages B2

and B3 (Sports section) touting Vytorin.

Which message will the consumer (our patients) hear?

Seitz, DC

Tuality Physicians

No virus found in this outgoing message.

Checked by AVG.

Version: 7.5.519 / Virus Database: 269.22.1/1352 - Release Date: 3/31/2008 10:13 AM