RemedySpot.com

IME doctor

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Don't know him Ann, but you know as well as i do why they're seeing him.

I wonder incidentally what the stats are on IME's. I mean as far as what % are done when the patient is receiveing chiro vs pt vs ortho vs occupational care etc. etc. etc.

Maybe it's the insecure chiro in me, but i'd bet we lead the way.

ph Medlin D.C.Spine Tree Chiropractic1607 NE Alberta St. PDX, OR 97211www.spinetreepdx.com

IME Doctor

Two of my patients (mother and daughter) have been scheduled to see , orthopedist, in a coupke of weeks at MCN. I've never heard of him. Why my patients are seeing him is baffling. They will spend more on this guy than the rest of their proposed care. Have any of you, including attorneys, had dealings with him. I like to be prepared.

Ann Goldeen, Astoria

Dr. is a pretty nice guy. We send a lot of patients that need ortho care to him. I've never had him do an IME on one of our patients, though. I don't know why we don't have a law on the books that chiropractic patients can only be IME'd by chiropractors (of course the DC's that do the IME's in this state are worse than the MD's in my opinion) Cluen, DCFrom: Ann Goldeen <anngoldeen@...> Sent: Monday, November 24, 2008 8:57:58 PMSubject: IME Doctor

Two of my patients (mother and daughter) have been scheduled to see , orthopedist, in a coupke of weeks at MCN. I've never heard of him. Why my patients are seeing him is baffling. They will spend more on this guy than the rest of their proposed care. Have any of you, including attorneys, had dealings with him. I like to be prepared.

Ann Goldeen, Astoria

is a decent draw for an examiner. He is still in practice in Aloha, as I recall. He's fair to midlands, which is about as good as you're going to get in the PIP/ defense medical exam world. PIP probably is trying to cut off or minimize the treatment, but they could also send the insureds to more aggressive examiners (e.g. the ones who will write reports which say the client is lying). They may also be concerned about recovering their payout in arbitration over the PIP reimbursement.

Chris

T. Hill, PC520 S.W. Sixth Avenue, Suite 1250Portland, OR 97204Tel: (503) 227-4330Fax: (503) 227-3230chill@...www.cthlaw.com

IME Doctor

Ann Goldeen, Astoria

Well, I think the key thing about an Ortho (or whomever) IME is the fact that they never document the existence or NON-EXISTENCE of SUBLUXATIONS!!!

That's what we treat...(like it or not). We're NOT treating strains/sprains...we're treating the "result" of that st/sp.

If we document the existence of the various components of the subluxation complex (its very easy...subluxation/Kinesiopathology, pain/Neuropathology, hypertonicity-myofascitis-spasm/myopathology, swelling-inflammation-calor/Histopatholgoy, degeneration/Pathophysiology) and relate our treatment to THAT...and the IME doctor then makes ABSOLUTELY NO MENTION of subluxation...(and/or completely fails to even do a competent subluxation examination), then its very easy to "blow" the IME out of the water... (:-)

RR.

IME Doctor

Ann Goldeen, Astoria

• 2 weeks later...

The problem is, HE thinks it is.

Sunny

Sunny Kierstyn, RN DC Fibromyalgia Care Center of Oregon 2677 Willakenzie Road, 7C

Eugene, Oregon, 97401

541- 344- 0509; Fx; 541- 344- 0955

From: anngoldeen@...Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 20:48:30 -0800Subject: IME doctor

What can you tell me about the orthopedist, Erkkila? Why do they want orthopedists to evaluate our patients? That isn't their work. Ann Goldeen, Astoria

Send e-mail faster without improving your typing skills. Get your HotmailĀ® account.

Erkkila MD,

was an orthopod from Corvallis (Corvallis Clinic) for years the fact he is now doing IMEs means he is at the end of his career. They ask these guys to do IMEs on our patient because most have no connection to us, no knowelege of a "functional assessment" (they know surgery) not what we do so it's easy to get them to cut off care and trash the patient and us. Ann you need colleagues such as me performing an additional comphrensive consult, exam and report. I love undressing the medical orthopods via cross exam questions I provide the patient's attorney....all t

-------------- Original message -------------- From: "Ann Goldeen" <anngoldeen@...>

What can you tell me about the orthopedist, Erkkila? Why do they want orthopedists to evaluate our patients? That isn't their work. Ann Goldeen, Astoria