RemedySpot.com

RE: United Front...oo!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Colleagues:

After practicing for 31 plus years I am pleased to see we have one state

association.

During my first few years of practice, I belonged to the OCPA and then the CSO.

ly, I became very weary of the

politics, personal agendas, and infighting. I saw a wonderful profession in

free-fall. It was a prime opportunity for our detracters to discredit and

dismantle us. And that they did,

as anyone practicing throughout the lies and deceit of the 1990 Legislative

session can attest to. Unfortunately, many of those that tried to eliminate us

are still around and still within our state government. Only now, we are united

in cause and purpose.

I have said many times, when there is but one state association I will join.

That time has come.

Someone please sent me an application.

Neil R. Cohen, D.C.

PO Box 86

Dundee, OR. 97115

503-538-9119

--------- "Steering" of Injured Workers

Hi colleagues,

As you all know employers and some insurers continue to require injured

workers go to the local Occupational Medical Clinic for treatment of

their Workers' comp injuries in violation of current Oregon law which

states the injured worker gets to choose their provider. Though it is

interpreted as such current law language does not specifically prohibit

employers or insurers from directly or requiring injured workers treat

with a particular provider, provider type, or clinic. Your state

association btw your only state association the Chiropractic Association

of Oregon is continuing to battle this issue for all of you but we/I as

your lobbyist need your continued help. Many of you doctors have sent

me e-mails, letters, and letters from injured workers (the most powerful

weapon) which I was able to use as ammunition during my recent (Dec. 3)

PowerPoint presentation in front of the full Management-Labor Advisory

Committee (MLAC). In addition to these multiple e-mails and letters I

also had a copy of a recent sanction and proposed $2000 fine against a

Chevy's Restaurant in Hillsboro in the professionally bound document I

presented to each of the 10 members of MLAC.it got there attention.

More important it validated that there indeed is a problem something the

employers, business lobby in general, and the insurance companies denied

existed. In fact as I mentioned prior officials from the Work Comp

Division had testified on more than one occasion that: "We just don't

get complaints from injured workers that they can't see a doctor of

their choice or a chiropractor of their choice etc." My response was

always the same that the reason they receive no complaints is that

injured workers don't know their rights, don't know they can treat with

the doctor of their choice, they don't know who or what the Dept. of

Consumer and Business Services is, what your phone number is and one

step further removed from that is the Investigations and Sanctions Unit.

in short they have no clue who to complain to!

I need more letters especially from injured workers addressed

specifically to the Investigator Leah Bingham (best), also letters from

you doctors addressed to Ms. Bingham, btw it looks I lot more official

and less contrived if your letters are indeed addressed to the

investigator instead of me.

You guys and gals have all been great we are on a roll I would just like

to add more letters to the new bound document that I will present to the

actual Legislative committee during the up coming session specifically

the House Business and Labor Committee Chaired by Rep. Mike Schaulfer

who is very supportive and actually has made our four work comp bills

his committee bills! So please get me those letters send the original

to the investigator and send me a clean copy of the letter by mail.

Send your letters to me at 915 SE 19th Ave, Albany, OR 97322. The

letters should be addressed to the investigator as shown below;

Ms. Leah Bingham

Investigations and Sanctions Unit

Compliance Section

Dept. of Consumer & Business Services

Workers' Compensation Division

350 Winter Street NE, Rm 27

Salem, Oregon 97309-0405

Questions? Call me at 541-231-4528 Vern Saboe

No virus found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG - http://www.avg. com <http://www.avg. com>

Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.9.19/1853 - Release Date:

12/17/2008

8:31 AM

Checked by AVG - http://www.avg. com

Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.9.19/1853 - Release Date:

12/17/2008

8:31 AM

I second that. I'd wish to join as well at this point. I, like many others, have not joined an organization because i didn't feel like "picking a side" and thought it contradictory for our profession to have two orgs that many times were seeking different goals.

The power of one organization will be palpable in the coming years and overall will undoubtedly affect all of our practices positively.

Where do we sign up?

ph Medlin D.C.Spine Tree Chiropractic1607 NE Alberta StPDX, OR 97211503-788-6800

"Steering" of Injured Workers> > > > Hi colleagues,> > > > As you all know employers and some insurers continue to require injured> > workers go to the local Occupational Medical Clinic for treatment of> > their Workers' comp injuries in violation of current Oregon law which> > states the injured worker gets to choose their provider. Though it is> > interpreted as such current law language does not specifically prohibit> > employers or insurers from directly or requiring injured workers treat> > with a particular provider, provider type, or clinic. Your state> > association btw your only state association the Chiropractic Association> > of Oregon is continuing to battle this issue for all of you but we/I as> > your lobbyist need your continued help. Many of you doctors have sent> > me e-mails, letters, and letters from injured workers (the most powerful> > weapon) which I was able to use as ammunition during my recent (Dec. 3)> > PowerPoint presentation in front of the full Management-Labor Advisory> > Committee (MLAC). In addition to these multiple e-mails and letters I> > also had a copy of a recent sanction and proposed $2000 fine against a> > Chevy's Restaurant in Hillsboro in the professionally bound document I> > presented to each of the 10 members of MLAC.it got there attention.> > More important it validated that there indeed is a problem something the> > employers, business lobby in general, and the insurance companies denied> > existed. In fact as I mentioned prior officials from the Work Comp> > Division had testified on more than one occasion that: "We just don't> > get complaints from injured workers that they can't see a doctor of> > their choice or a chiropractor of their choice etc." My response was> > always the same that the reason they receive no complaints is that> > injured workers don't know their rights, don't know they can treat with> > the doctor of their choice, they don't know who or what the Dept. of> > Consumer and Business Services is, what your phone number is and one> > step further removed from that is the Investigations and Sanctions Unit.> > in short they have no clue who to complain to!> > > > I need more letters especially from injured workers addressed> > specifically to the Investigator Leah Bingham (best), also letters from> > you doctors addressed to Ms. Bingham, btw it looks I lot more official> > and less contrived if your letters are indeed addressed to the> > investigator instead of me. > > > > You guys and gals have all been great we are on a roll I would just like> > to add more letters to the new bound document that I will present to the> > actual Legislative committee during the up coming session specifically> > the House Business and Labor Committee Chaired by Rep. Mike Schaulfer> > who is very supportive and actually has made our four work comp bills> > his committee bills! So please get me those letters send the original> > to the investigator and send me a clean copy of the letter by mail.> > Send your letters to me at 915 SE 19th Ave, Albany, OR 97322. The> > letters should be addressed to the investigator as shown below;> > > > Ms. Leah Bingham> > > > Investigations and Sanctions Unit> > > > Compliance Section> > > > Dept. of Consumer & Business Services> > > > Workers' Compensation Division> > > > 350 Winter Street NE, Rm 27> > > > Salem, Oregon 97309-0405> > > > Questions? Call me at 541-231-4528 Vern Saboe> > > > No virus found in this incoming message.> > Checked by AVG - http://www.avg. com <http://www.avg. com> > > Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.9.19/1853 - Release Date:> > 12/17/2008> > 8:31 AM> > > > No virus found in this incoming message.> > Checked by AVG - http://www.avg. com > > Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.9.19/1853 - Release Date:> > 12/17/2008> > 8:31 AM> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

Hi Joe,

Thanks for stepping up and joining our new

association. I will have Jan Ferrante forward you an application.

Cheers, Vern Saboe PS: So Jan would you

send Dr. Medlin an application

[mailto: ] On Behalf

Of joe medlin

Sent: Friday, December 19, 2008

8:52 AM

docgumby30@...;

; neroco2@...

Cc: g macdonald

Subject: Re:

United Front...oo!

I second that. I'd wish to join as well at this point. I, like many

others, have not joined an organization because i didn't feel like

" picking a side " and thought it contradictory for our profession to

have two orgs that many times were seeking different goals.

The power of one organization will be palpable in the coming years and

overall will undoubtedly affect all of our practices positively.

Where do we sign up?

ph Medlin D.C.

Spine Tree Chiropractic

1607 NE Alberta St

PDX, OR 97211

503-788-6800

" Steering " of Injured Workers

>

>

>

> Hi colleagues,

>

>

>

> As you all know employers and some insurers continue to require injured

>

> workers go to the local Occupational Medical Clinic for treatment of

>

> their Workers' comp injuries in violation of current Oregon law which

>

> states the injured worker gets to choose their provider. Though it is

>

> interpreted as such current law language does not specifically prohibit

>

> employers or insurers from directly or requiring injured workers treat

>

> with a particular provider, provider type, or clinic. Your state

>

> association btw your only state association the Chiropractic Association

>

> of Oregon

is continuing to battle this issue for all of you but we/I as

>

> your lobbyist need your continued help. Many of you doctors have sent

>

> me e-mails, letters, and letters from injured workers (the most powerful

>

> weapon) which I was able to use as ammunition during my recent (Dec. 3)

>

> PowerPoint presentation in front of the full Management-Labor Advisory

>

> Committee (MLAC). In addition to these multiple e-mails and letters I

>

> also had a copy of a recent sanction and proposed $2000 fine against a

>

> Chevy's Restaurant in Hillsboro

in the professionally bound document I

>

> presented to each of the 10 members of MLAC.it got there attention.

>

> More important it validated that there indeed is a problem something the

>

> employers, business lobby in general, and the insurance companies denied

>

> existed. In fact as I mentioned prior officials from the Work Comp

>

> Division had testified on more than one occasion that: " We just don't

>

> get complaints from injured workers that they can't see a doctor of

>

> their choice or a chiropractor of their choice etc. " My response was

>

> always the same that the reason they receive no complaints is that

>

> injured workers don't know their rights, don't know they can treat with

>

> the doctor of their choice, they don't know who or what the Dept. of

>

> Consumer and Business Services is, what your phone number is and one

>

> step further removed from that is the Investigations and Sanctions Unit.

>

> in short they have no clue who to complain to!

>

>

>

> I need more letters especially from injured workers addressed

>

> specifically to the Investigator Leah Bingham (best), also letters from

>

> you doctors addressed to Ms. Bingham, btw it looks I lot more official

>

> and less contrived if your letters are indeed addressed to the

>

> investigator instead of me.

>

>

>

> You guys and gals have all been great we are on a roll I would just like

>

> to add more letters to the new bound document that I will present to the

>

> actual Legislative committee during the up coming session specifically

>

> the House Business and Labor Committee Chaired by Rep. Mike Schaulfer

>

> who is very supportive and actually has made our four work comp bills

>

> his committee bills! So please get me those letters send the original

>

> to the investigator and send me a clean copy of the letter by mail.

>

> Send your letters to me at 915

SE 19th Ave, Albany, OR 97322.

The

>

> letters should be addressed to the investigator as shown below;

>

>

>

> Ms. Leah Bingham

>

>

>

> Investigations and Sanctions Unit

>

>

>

> Compliance Section

>

>

>

> Dept. of Consumer & Business Services

>

>

>

> Workers' Compensation Division

>

>

>

> 350 Winter Street NE, Rm 27

>

>

>

> Salem, Oregon 97309-0405

>

>

>

> Questions? Call me at 541-231-4528 Vern Saboe

>

>

>

> No virus found in this incoming message.

>

> Checked by AVG - http://www.avg. com <http://www.avg. com>

>

> Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.9.19/1853 - Release Date:

>

> 12/17/2008

>

> 8:31 AM

>

>

>

>

> Checked by AVG - http://www.avg. com

>

>

> 12/17/2008

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com

Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.9.19/1857 - Release Date: 12/19/2008 10:09 AM

Please also have one sent to me.Annette Simard Chiropractic1011 E MainCottage Grove, Or 97424Also, also.....!AnnetteOn Dec 19, 2008, at 9:16 AM, vsaboe wrote:Hi Joe, Thanks for stepping up and joining our new association. I will have Jan Ferrante forward you an application. Cheers, Vern Saboe PS: So Jan would you send Dr. Medlin an application From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of joe medlinSent: Friday, December 19, 2008 8:52 AMdocgumby30 ; ; neroco2comcast (DOT) netCc: g macdonaldSubject: Re: United Front...oo! I second that. I'd wish to join as well at this point. I, like many others, have not joined an organization because i didn't feel like "picking a side" and thought it contradictory for our profession to have two orgs that many times were seeking different goals. The power of one organization will be palpable in the coming years and overall will undoubtedly affect all of our practices positively. Where do we sign up? ph Medlin D.C.Spine Tree Chiropractic1607 NE Alberta StPDX, OR 97211503-788-6800 "Steering" of Injured Workers> > > > Hi colleagues,> > > > As you all know employers and some insurers continue to require injured> > workers go to the local Occupational Medical Clinic for treatment of> > their Workers' comp injuries in violation of current Oregon law which> > states the injured worker gets to choose their provider. Though it is> > interpreted as such current law language does not specifically prohibit> > employers or insurers from directly or requiring injured workers treat> > with a particular provider, provider type, or clinic. Your state> > association btw your only state association the Chiropractic Association> > of Oregon is continuing to battle this issue for all of you but we/I as> > your lobbyist need your continued help. Many of you doctors have sent> > me e-mails, letters, and letters from injured workers (the most powerful> > weapon) which I was able to use as ammunition during my recent (Dec. 3)> > PowerPoint presentation in front of the full Management-Labor Advisory> > Committee (MLAC). In addition to these multiple e-mails and letters I> > also had a copy of a recent sanction and proposed $2000 fine against a> > Chevy's Restaurant in Hillsboro in the professionally bound document I> > presented to each of the 10 members of MLAC.it got there attention.> > More important it validated that there indeed is a problem something the> > employers, business lobby in general, and the insurance companies denied> > existed. In fact as I mentioned prior officials from the Work Comp> > Division had testified on more than one occasion that: "We just don't> > get complaints from injured workers that they can't see a doctor of> > their choice or a chiropractor of their choice etc." My response was> > always the same that the reason they receive no complaints is that> > injured workers don't know their rights, don't know they can treat with> > the doctor of their choice, they don't know who or what the Dept. of> > Consumer and Business Services is, what your phone number is and one> > step further removed from that is the Investigations and Sanctions Unit.> > in short they have no clue who to complain to!> > > > I need more letters especially from injured workers addressed> > specifically to the Investigator Leah Bingham (best), also letters from> > you doctors addressed to Ms. Bingham, btw it looks I lot more official> > and less contrived if your letters are indeed addressed to the> > investigator instead of me. > > > > You guys and gals have all been great we are on a roll I would just like> > to add more letters to the new bound document that I will present to the> > actual Legislative committee during the up coming session specifically> > the House Business and Labor Committee Chaired by Rep. Mike Schaulfer> > who is very supportive and actually has made our four work comp bills> > his committee bills! So please get me those letters send the original> > to the investigator and send me a clean copy of the letter by mail.> > Send your letters to me at 915 SE 19th Ave, Albany, OR 97322. The> > letters should be addressed to the investigator as shown below;> > > > Ms. Leah Bingham> > > > Investigations and Sanctions Unit> > > > Compliance Section> > > > Dept. of Consumer & Business Services> > > > Workers' Compensation Division> > > > 350 Winter Street NE, Rm 27> > > > Salem, Oregon 97309-0405> > > > Questions? Call me at 541-231-4528 Vern Saboe> > > > No virus found in this incoming message.> > Checked by AVG - http://www.avg. com <http://www.avg. com> > > Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.9.19/1853 - Release Date:> > 12/17/2008> > 8:31 AM> > > > No virus found in this incoming message.> > Checked by AVG - http://www.avg. com > > Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.9.19/1853 - Release Date:> > 12/17/2008> > 8:31 AM> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.comVersion: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.9.19/1857 - Release Date: 12/19/2008 10:09 AM

Send me one alsoShane E. Espinoza, D.C., C.C.S.P.®, CKTPCertified Chiropractic Sports Physician®ACA Sports Council, SecretaryCertified Fenzian Sport PractitionerCertified Graston Technique Provider

Certified Kinesio Taping PractitionerYo hablo españolNorth Plains Chiropractic Clinic, P.C.10395 NW Glencoe Road, Suite 500North Plains, OR 97133Clinic # 503-647-9944Fax # 503-647-0511

www.northplainschiropractic.comCONFIDENTIAL NOTICEThis E-mail transmission contains confidential or legally privilegedinformation, which is intended only for the use of the individual or entity

named in this transmittal. If you are not the intended recipient, you arehereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or reliance uponthe contents of this E-mail is strictly prohibited. If you received this

transmission in error, please notify us immediately, and please forward theE-mail back to us with notification that you have deleted the transmissionfrom your system.

I will add my two bits and say that all of you couldn't have said it

better. Send me an app.

Brad Rethwill DC

Eugene, OR

> > From: Sharron Fuchs <sharronf@...

> <mailto:sharronf%40tdinjurylaw.com> >

> > Subject: RE: " Steering " of Injured Workers

> >

> <mailto:%40>

> > Date: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 9:22 AM

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Congrats. All very good news. Lots of hard work done and to

> do.

> >

> >

> >

> > s.fuchs dc

> >

> >

> >

> > " Steering " of Injured Workers

> >

> >

> >

> > Hi colleagues,

> >

> >

> >

> > As you all know employers and some insurers continue to

> require injured

> >

> > workers go to the local Occupational Medical Clinic for

> treatment of

> >

> > their Workers' comp injuries in violation of current Oregon

> law which

> >

> > states the injured worker gets to choose their provider.

> Though it is

> >

> > interpreted as such current law language does not

specifically

> prohibit

> >

> > employers or insurers from directly or requiring injured

> workers treat

> >

> > with a particular provider, provider type, or clinic. Your

> state

> >

> > association btw your only state association the Chiropractic

> Association

> >

> > of Oregon is continuing to battle this issue for all of you

> but we/I as

> >

> > your lobbyist need your continued help. Many of you doctors

> have sent

> >

> > me e-mails, letters, and letters from injured workers (the

> most powerful

> >

> > weapon) which I was able to use as ammunition during my

recent

> (Dec. 3)

> >

> > PowerPoint presentation in front of the full Management-

Labor

> Advisory

> >

> > Committee (MLAC). In addition to these multiple e-mails and

> letters I

> >

> > also had a copy of a recent sanction and proposed $2000 fine

> against a

> >

> > Chevy's Restaurant in Hillsboro in the professionally bound

> document I

> >

> > presented to each of the 10 members of MLAC.it got there

> attention.

> >

> > More important it validated that there indeed is a problem

> something the

> >

> > employers, business lobby in general, and the insurance

> companies denied

> >

> > existed. In fact as I mentioned prior officials from the

Work

> Comp

> >

> > Division had testified on more than one occasion that: " We

> just don't

> >

> > get complaints from injured workers that they can't see a

> doctor of

> >

> > their choice or a chiropractor of their choice etc. " My

> response was

> >

> > always the same that the reason they receive no complaints

is

> that

> >

> > injured workers don't know their rights, don't know they can

> treat with

> >

> > the doctor of their choice, they don't know who or what the

> Dept. of

> >

> > Consumer and Business Services is, what your phone number is

> and one

> >

> > step further removed from that is the Investigations and

> Sanctions Unit.

> >

> > in short they have no clue who to complain to!

> >

> >

> >

> > I need more letters especially from injured workers

addressed

> >

> > specifically to the Investigator Leah Bingham (best), also

> letters from

> >

> > you doctors addressed to Ms. Bingham, btw it looks I lot

more

> official

> >

> > and less contrived if your letters are indeed addressed to

the

> >

> > investigator instead of me.

> >

> >

> >

> > You guys and gals have all been great we are on a roll I

would

> just like

> >

> > to add more letters to the new bound document that I will

> present to the

> >

> > actual Legislative committee during the up coming session

> specifically

> >

> > the House Business and Labor Committee Chaired by Rep. Mike

> Schaulfer

> >

> > who is very supportive and actually has made our four work

> comp bills

> >

> > his committee bills! So please get me those letters send the

> original

> >

> > to the investigator and send me a clean copy of the letter

by

> mail.

> >

> > Send your letters to me at 915 SE 19th Ave, Albany, OR

> The

> >

> > letters should be addressed to the investigator as shown

> below;

> >

> >

> >

> > Ms. Leah Bingham

> >

> >

> >

> > Investigations and Sanctions Unit

> >

> >

> >

> > Compliance Section

> >

> >

> >

> > Dept. of Consumer & Business Services

> >

> >

> >

> > Workers' Compensation Division

> >

> >

> >

> > 350 Winter Street NE, Rm 27

> >

> >

> >

> > Salem, Oregon 97309-0405

> >

> >

> >

> > Questions? Call me at 541-231-4528 Vern Saboe

> >

> >

> >

> > No virus found in this incoming message.

> >

> > Checked by AVG - http://www.avg. com <http://www.avg. com>

> >

> > Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.9.19/1853 - Release

> Date:

> >

> > 12/17/2008

> >

> > 8:31 AM

> >

> >

> >

> > No virus found in this incoming message.

> >

> > Checked by AVG - http://www.avg. com

> >

> > Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.9.19/1853 - Release

> Date:

> >

> > 12/17/2008

> >

> > 8:31 AM

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

> Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com

> Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.9.19/1857 - Release Date:

> 12/19/2008 10:09 AM

>

Yes,,,Dan

Beeson

[mailto: ] On Behalf

Of Sharron Fuchs

12:27 PM

Cc: Jan Ferrante

Subject: RE:

United Front...oo!

A letter of announcement and an application to every DC in the

state is in order.

s. fuchs dc

On Behalf Of vsaboe

9:17 AM

'joe medlin'; docgumby30 ;

; neroco2comcast (DOT) net

Cc: 'Jan Ferrante'

Subject: RE:

United Front...oo!

Hi Joe,

Thanks for stepping up and joining our new association. I

will have Jan Ferrante forward you an application.

Cheers, Vern Saboe PS: So Jan would you send Dr. Medlin an

application

On Behalf Of joe medlin

8:52 AM

docgumby30 ;

; neroco2comcast (DOT) net

Subject: Re:

United Front...oo!

I second that. I'd

wish to join as well at this point. I, like many others, have not joined an

organization because i didn't feel like " picking a side " and thought

it contradictory for our profession to have two orgs that many times were

seeking different goals.

The power of one

organization will be palpable in the coming years and overall will undoubtedly

affect all of our practices positively.

Where do we sign

up?

ph Medlin D.C.

Spine Tree Chiropractic

1607 NE

Alberta St

PDX, OR 97211

503-788-6800

-----

Original Message -----

docgumby30 ;

Sent: Thursday, December 18, 2008 9:56 PM

Subject: Re: United Front...oo!

Dear

Colleagues:

After practicing for 31 plus years I am pleased to see we have one state

association.

During my first few years of practice, I belonged to the OCPA and then the CSO.

ly, I became very weary of the

politics, personal agendas, and infighting. I saw a wonderful profession in

free-fall. It was a prime opportunity for our detracters to discredit and

dismantle us. And that they did,

as anyone practicing throughout the lies and deceit of the 1990 Legislative

session can attest to. Unfortunately, many of those that tried to eliminate us

are still around and still within our state government. Only now, we are united

in cause and purpose.

I have said many times, when there is but one state association I will join.

That time has come.

Someone please sent me an application.

Neil R. Cohen, D.C.

PO Box 86

Dundee,

OR.

503-538-9119

--------- " Steering " of Injured Workers

>

>

>

> Hi colleagues,

>

>

>

> As you all know employers and some insurers continue to require injured

>

> workers go to the local Occupational Medical Clinic for treatment of

>

> their Workers' comp injuries in violation of current Oregon

law which

>

> states the injured worker gets to choose their provider. Though it is

>

> interpreted as such current law language does not specifically prohibit

>

> employers or insurers from directly or requiring injured workers treat

>

> with a particular provider, provider type, or clinic. Your state

>

> association btw your only state association the Chiropractic Association

>

> of Oregon

is continuing to battle this issue for all of you but we/I as

>

> your lobbyist need your continued help. Many of you doctors have sent

>

> me e-mails, letters, and letters from injured workers (the most powerful

>

> weapon) which I was able to use as ammunition during my recent (Dec. 3)

>

> PowerPoint presentation in front of the full Management-Labor Advisory

>

> Committee (MLAC). In addition to these multiple e-mails and letters I

>

> also had a copy of a recent sanction and proposed $2000 fine against a

>

> Chevy's Restaurant in Hillsboro in the

professionally bound document I

>

> presented to each of the 10 members of MLAC.it got there attention.

>

> More important it validated that there indeed is a problem something the

>

> employers, business lobby in general, and the insurance companies denied

>

> existed. In fact as I mentioned prior officials from the Work Comp

>

> Division had testified on more than one occasion that: " We just don't

>

> get complaints from injured workers that they can't see a doctor of

>

> their choice or a chiropractor of their choice etc. " My response was

>

> always the same that the reason they receive no complaints is that

>

> injured workers don't know their rights, don't know they can treat with

>

> the doctor of their choice, they don't know who or what the Dept. of

>

> Consumer and Business Services is, what your phone number is and one

>

> step further removed from that is the Investigations and Sanctions Unit.

>

> in short they have no clue who to complain to!

>

>

>

> I need more letters especially from injured workers addressed

>

> specifically to the Investigator Leah Bingham (best), also letters from

>

> you doctors addressed to Ms. Bingham, btw it looks I lot more official

>

> and less contrived if your letters are indeed addressed to the

>

> investigator instead of me.

>

>

>

> You guys and gals have all been great we are on a roll I would just like

>

> to add more letters to the new bound document that I will present to the

>

> actual Legislative committee during the up coming session specifically

>

> the House Business and Labor Committee Chaired by Rep. Mike Schaulfer

>

> who is very supportive and actually has made our four work comp bills

>

> his committee bills! So please get me those letters send the original

>

> to the investigator and send me a clean copy of the letter by mail.

>

> Send your letters to me at 915 SE 19th Ave, Albany,

OR 97322. The

>

> letters should be addressed to the investigator as shown below;

>

>

>

> Ms. Leah Bingham

>

>

>

> Investigations and Sanctions Unit

>

>

>

> Compliance Section

>

>

>

> Dept. of Consumer & Business Services

>

>

>

> Workers' Compensation Division

>

>

>

> 350 Winter Street

NE,

Rm 27

>

>

>

> Salem,

Oregon 97309-0405

>

>

>

> Questions? Call me at 541-231-4528 Vern Saboe

>

>

>

>

> Checked by AVG - http://www.avg. com <http://www.avg. com>

>

>

> 12/17/2008

>

>

>

>

>

> Checked by AVG - http://www.avg. com

>

>

> 12/17/2008

>

>

>

>

>