RemedySpot.com

Fw: Oregon Department of Consumer and Business Services MLAC Meeting Notices Update

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear colleagues,

It's crunch time! As you can see we have four workers' compensation bills up for hearing in front of the Management-Labor Advisory Committee (MLAC) one week from today and I need your help. Those doctors who have not gotten your letter(s) to me addressed to Leah Bingham, Investigator relative to your patient/injured worker being told they must see an MD or must go to the local Occupational Medical Clinic, or Urgent Care Clinic, or Company Doctor and even had been told they can see you as they are not "authorized" to see a "chiropractor" ....well I need your HELP NOW! I need those letters by this weekend as I'm putting together all the letters and e-mails I have received from doctors around the state validating this problem into a bound document for each MLAC member.

These bills represent many months of research, lobbying, and traveling the state meeting with and gaining the support of committee members on both the House and the Senate side as well as meetings with each and everyone of the 10-member Management-Labor Advisory Committee. The Chair of the House Business and Labor Committee Rep. Mike Schaufler has even gone to the extent of pre-session filing all four of our W/C bills as his committee bills and guaranteed us a hearing all of which is quite substantial! Don't allow all of our hard work to go to waste......

With the holiday tomorrow it's to late to attempt to mail your letters to me so fax them to me at 541-928-2742.....this is one of those times doctors I really need you to follow through as time has indeed run out on us, please do what you have always done for the profession...follow through..... fax them to me ASAP....

To The Continued Good Fight!

Happy and Safe Thanksgiving to you All...and thank you,

Vern Saboe questions call me anytime 541-231-4528

Oregon Department of Consumer and Business Services MLAC Meeting Notices Update

NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING

WORKERS’ COMPENSATION

MANAGEMENT-LABOR ADVISORY COMMITTEE

December 3, 2008

9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.

Labor & Industries Building, Conference Room 260

350 Winter Street NE, Salem, Oregon

Agenda

Review Minutes

October 17, 2008 Meeting

Subcommittee Reports

Significant Court Cases

Attorney Fees

Death Benefits

Reports from Department of Consumer & Business Services (DCBS)

Return-to-Work update

Interpreter services project update

Presentation & Public Comment on Proposed 2009 Legislation:

LC 1297 Prohibits employer direction of care – Chiropractic Association of Oregon (CAO)

LC 1298 Allows chiropractor to make findings of permanent impairment – CAO

LC 1299 Participation of chiropractic physicians in managed care plan – CAO

LC 1300 Participation of chiropractic physicians in managed care plan– CAO

LC 487 Vocational Assistance Streamlining – Workers’ Compensation Division (WCD)

LC 488 Forum for Workers’ Compensation Disputes – WCD

LC 489 Workers’ Compensation Regulatory Streamlining – WCD

LC 790 Death Benefits – WCD

**** See the MLAC website under "notices" for LC draft language****

Possible Committee Action on Proposed 2009 Legislation

Public Comment

PUBLIC TESTIMONY: Due to time constraints, time limits may be imposed. If providing written testimony, please provide 25 copies to committee staff.

The meeting location is accessible to persons with disabilities. A request for an interpreter for the hearing impaired or for other accommodations for persons with disabilities should be made at least 48 hours before the meeting by calling the Department of Consumer and Business Services (DCBS) at

503-947-7866.

Please subscribe to MLAC’s e-mail notification service on our Web site at http://www.oregon.gov/DCBS/MLAC/

If you do not have Internet access, please call 503-947-7866 to receive future notices either by mail or fax.

If you have questions about the meeting agenda, location, or special accommodations, please email MLAC@....

You can view or update your subscriptions, password or e-mail address at any time on your User Profile Page.

This service is provided to you at no charge by Oregon Department of Consumer and Business Services. Visit us on the web at http://www.oregon.gov/DCBS/.

GovDelivery, Inc. sending on behalf of the Oregon Department of Consumer and Business Services · 350 Winter Street NE · Salem OR 97309-0405 · 503-378-4100