> about 6 weeks. I am now getting leg aches and minor pain. It's like

> I have been over

> exercising. It is not unbareable but I am worried it

> might get worse, like it was with Lipitor. I know that Crestor is a

> statin like Lipitor and my MD said this would be better, less

likely

> to have the pain.

>

> Is pain/aches " norma " or usual for Crestor?

>

> I'm 49 and my " bad " choleseterol is around 288. Diet alone won't

> change it.

>

> Any advice, or suggestions? Please, I would like to know. I'm a bit

> worried and I am about to give up meds and " hope for the best. "

>

> Thank you!

>

>

> SafetyDude2@...

>Hi

Throw away the POISON!!! Live with the cholesterol it's probably good

for you. If tou can't tolerate one statin don't try another, if your

worried about your heart take fish oil.

Be well

Art

Guest guest

"" > safetydude2@ wrote:> > Hi,> > > > I am pretty new to this group and I have a question. I need advice > > and I hope that you can help.> > > > I took Lipitor for about 3 weeks two years ago. I developed muscle > > pain that ould not go away. I could barely walk up 2 steps. I > couold > > not even sleep it was so bad. After stopping Lipitor the pain went > > away after a week or so.> > > > Now, two years later I am on Crestor (10mg daily) and have been on > > it for > > about 6 weeks. I am now getting leg aches and minor pain. It's like > > I have been over > > exercising. It is not unbareable but I am worried it > > might get worse, like it was with Lipitor. I know that Crestor is a > > statin like Lipitor and my MD said this would be better, less > likely > > to have the pain. > > > > Is pain/aches "norma" or usual for Crestor?> > > > I'm 49 and my "bad" choleseterol is around 288. Diet alone won't > > change it.> > > > Any advice, or suggestions? Please, I would like to know. I'm a bit > > worried and I am about to give up meds and "hope for the best."> > > > Thank you!> > > > I can only give you my husbands experience...and that of our neighbor. They seem to both have problems with taking any kind of cholesterol lowering drugs.

Lipitor was the worse for my husband as far as being able to walk. He had the problem like you did and could not walk down the driveway to the mail box. Zocor gave him more problems with the tendons and bursitis areas in his arms. Niacin made him so dizzy he only took it one day, and Zetia sent him to the ER with severe pains in his right side.

He was then given Whelchol but my neighbor was taking it and he started getting his symptoms so my husband decided not to even bother trying.

If you are going to take one of these drugs and you know you are sensitive, be sure to check out the other problems that can happen as they might be missed by Drs. Low testosterone, bone loss problems. I say eye problems, but no Drs will admit that. Then there is the mental issues. My husband started getting so nasty I was worried about going out in public with him some days. He got really angry at the smallest things that made no sense. And, he did start having some memory problems.

Try an over the counter supplement with the plant sterols/stanols. That works a little bit for my husband, and you can probably take more than he does. Also, up that fish oil. I really saw a change when we take fish oil. Also, try more fiber if it doesn't bother you.

Good luck. Susie

Guest guest

Crestor kicked my ass! 13 months off, and I still feel pain. I don't think I will ever be the same. Don't let anyone tell you that

you are just getting old.

Follow the link and read more.

http://www.askapatient.com/viewrating.asp?drug=21366 & name=CRESTOR

Re: Crestor

>> > Hi,> > I am pretty new to this group and I have a question. I need advice > and I hope that you can help.> > I took Lipitor for about 3 weeks two years ago. I developed muscle > pain that ould not go away. I could barely walk up 2 steps. I couold > not even sleep it was so bad. After stopping Lipitor the pain went > away after a week or so.> > Now, two years later I am on Crestor (10mg daily) and have been on > it for > about 6 weeks. I am now getting leg aches and minor pain. It's like > I have been over > exercising. It is not unbareable but I am worried it > might get worse, like it was with Lipitor. I know that Crestor is a > statin like Lipitor and my MD said this would be better, less likely > to have the pain. > > Is pain/aches "norma" or usual for Crestor?> > I'm 49 and my "bad" choleseterol is around 288. Diet alone won't > change it.> > Any advice, or suggestions? Please, I would like to know. I'm a bit > worried and I am about to give up meds and "hope for the best."> > Thank you!> > > SafetyDude2@...>HiThrow away the POISON!!! Live with the cholesterol it's probably good for you. If tou can't tolerate one statin don't try another, if your worried about your heart take fish oil.Be wellArt

• 1 year later...

Folks, this is flat-out dangerous. Please read both

articles. The makers of Crestor are in a full assault mode. They funded this

study and as soon as “positive” results were shown they suspended

the study—Why? Because the longer the study went the greater the risk of

nasty side effects showing up (like neurologic damage, muscle damage…)

The study did show this ominous “side-effect”: “One concern: More people in

the Crestor group saw blood-sugar levels rise or were newly diagnosed with

diabetes.”

But the real take home of the study is this: People are

pro-inflammatory, and this is probably the cause of the cardiovascular

problems. So the study supports measuring C-reactive protein. The

“benefit” of the Crestor (or other Statin’s) is most likely

the mild anti-inflammatory affect, but at what cost -- financial and health?

Why not promote proper nutrition and activity????

BECAUSE IT DOESN’T MAKE THE DRUG COMPANIES OR

STOCKHOLDERS MONEY!!!!!

If you google “crestor study” most of the articles

are in financial publications because of the effect of the “news”

on Astra-Zeneca stock!!!

Seitz, DC