RemedySpot.com

Durable Medical Equipment

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Has anyone else noted that in the past few months some PIP insurers are not

paying for DME

such as lumbar supports and cervical collars? They want a copy of the original

invoice

showing what we pay. I know some states (ie Florida) have rules such as this.

I didn't think

that Oregon did. The easy solution would be for DME fees to be set by the fee

schedule.

Bill

portland

Bill, we always send in an invoice with the billing, and don't have problem getting paid for DME. A "supply code" doesn't tell them what it is, and they don't know what they are paying for unless they get and invoice. It may be "too hard" for them to look it up in the chart note on the day it was dispensed to tell what it was, AND sometimes it is an outside agency that is evaluating the fees, and not the place you send your chart notes along with your billing.

Don White, RN, DC

In a message dated 12/19/2008 9:21:20 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, waj549@... writes:

Has anyone else noted that in the past few months some PIP insurers are not paying for DME such as lumbar supports and cervical collars? They want a copy of the original invoice showing what we pay. I know some states (ie Florida) have rules such as this. I didn't think that Oregon did. The easy solution would be for DME fees to be set by the fee schedule.Bill portland One site keeps you connected to all your email: AOL Mail, Gmail, and Mail. Try it now.