RemedySpot.com

Re: US CAM statistics - 8.6 percent use DC's or DO's!?!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

What this report suggests is that if you are not involved in nutritional therapy and providing supplements to your patients, you're losing half of your possible business. Or said another way, you could have twice as much business (17% vs. 8.6%) if you work in nutrition. And who is better able to suggest nutritional support? The well-trained Chiropractor!

Christian Mathisen, DC

3654 S Pacific Hwy

Medford, OR 97501

cmathdc@...

US CAM statistics - 8.6 percent use DC's or DO's!?!

Massage is hot on our tails, but we're only .8 percent behind meditation! Om my.....

Rod , DC

Tillamook Natural Health Center

Shortcut to: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/12/081210121918.htmNote: To protect against computer viruses, e-mail programs may prevent sending or receiving certain types of file attachments. Check your e-mail security settings to determine how attachments are handled.

I find it interesting that that you would believe that "the well-trained Chiropractor" would be the one to suggest nutritional support.

While I agree that nutritional is extremely important, where in our training puts us in this position. Unless things have drastically changed since I graduated in the mid 80's, our nutritional training was a joke. Everything I know about nutrition, I learned after graduation. In fact, nutritional advicce and practice is in itself a full time job.

Any well-intentioned healthcare professional would have the same access to this education.

In other words, I really believe that we are in no way at an advantage to providing this to our patients nor are we better trained.

Lastly, when you think about it, many DC's who provide nutritional support or supplementation, receive their education from Reps, i.e. standard process reps, etc. Not much different than Pharm reps. Huh?

Gene , D.C.

San Mateo

Re: US CAM statistics - 8.6 percent use DC's or DO's!?!

Posted by: "Christian Mathisen" cmathdc@...

Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:57 am (PST)

What this report suggests is that if you are not involved in nutritional therapy and providing supplements to your patients, you're losing half of your possible business. Or said another way, you could have twice as much business (17% vs. 8.6%) if you work in nutrition. And who is better able to suggest nutritional support? The well-trained Chiropractor!Christian Mathisen, DC3654 S Pacific HwyMedford, OR 97501