RemedySpot.com

Re: Deductible on PIP? What?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Doctor,

There are 2 reasons for this. Both legal and the patient's choice. Patients who have this are very well aware of it and in my experience, may not mention it in the hopes that you'll not bill them or notice it until long after treatment starts. The reasons are:

1. They choose to pay a lower premium and opt for a deductible.

2. They are 'high risk' drivers with lots of tickets and not able to get any other type of insurance.

Good idea to ask all new PIP patients if they have a deductible.

Minga Guerrero DC

In a message dated 12/16/2008 5:28:49 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, docgumby30@... writes:

Hello All,I was just informed that my billing person let me know that Allsnake...I mean Allstate, has it listed a deductible of $250 before the PIP payments kick in. WT?????We have not come across this new scheme yet (our first) and I was wondering if anyone else has and is this really a policy er well policy? Is it legal? Is the law such that they can actually sell policies like this?Curious minds want to know?Garreth MacEugene Make your life easier with all your friends, email, and favorite sites in one place. Try it now.

Garreth:

Your patient has chosen to pay less of a premium by opting for a

deductible. It is his/her choice.

Bruce Chaser, D.C.

g macdonald wrote:

Hello All,

I was just informed that my billing person let me know that

Allsnake...I mean Allstate, has it listed a deductible of $250 before

the PIP payments kick in. WT?????

We have not come across this new scheme yet (our first) and I was

wondering if anyone else has and is this really a policy er well

policy? Is it legal? Is the law such that they can actually sell

policies like this?

Curious minds want to know?

Garreth Mac

Eugene

ORS 742.524(2) allows a $250.00 deductible.

Chris

T. Hill, PC520 S.W. Sixth Avenue, Suite 1250Portland, OR 97204Tel: (503) 227-4330Fax: (503) 227-3230chill@...www.cthlaw.com

-----Original Message-----From: [mailto: ]On Behalf Of Bruce ChaserSent: Tuesday, December 16, 2008 5:43 PMdocgumby30@...Cc: Subject: Re: Deductible on PIP? What?

Garreth:Your patient has chosen to pay less of a premium by opting for a deductible. It is his/her choice.Bruce Chaser, D.C.g macdonald wrote:

Hello All,I was just informed that my billing person let me know that Allsnake...I mean Allstate, has it listed a deductible of $250 before the PIP payments kick in. WT?????We have not come across this new scheme yet (our first) and I was wondering if anyone else has and is this really a policy er well policy? Is it legal? Is the law such that they can actually sell policies like this?Curious minds want to know?Garreth MacEugene