RemedySpot.com

Re: Salad dressing question

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I havent used butter beans as a dressing base, but I have used northern beans

with mixed results-the dressing was a bit goopy and starchy. I make a simple

dressing by just buzzing up some spring onions, fresh herbs, sunflower seeds and

a pinch of sea salt-it makes a nice dressing (you can also add a slice or two of

cucumber to make it thinner. You could easily experiment, and if the dressing

is no good, turn it into a soup!

>

>

> I am wondering if anyone has ever made a fat free salad dressing with butter

beans? If so, I would be interested in a recipe. They seem so smooth and

creamy when you eat them, I'm wondering if I blended them up with some spices

and some sort of liquid, if they would be good for putting on salads. I know

butter beans are good on salads because I eat them all the time, but I'm

wondering about in a dressing. Any thoughts on this appreciated.

>

>

>

Why would you possibly want a fat free salad dressing? In order for the greens to be assimilated in your body the best they need to have some fat and some acid (so think vinegar, lemon juice) Bonnie www.bonniesherbals.com“creating radiance with herbs and water” http://www.facebook.com/RadiantHealthforLifehttp://www.twitter.com/_RadiantHealthhttp://www.linkedin.com/in/bonnierogersComing soon: we are rebranding, our new name will be www.RadiantHealthforLife.com.com From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of NavarroSent: Saturday, January 14, 2012 3:37 PMSubject: Salad dressing question I am wondering if anyone has ever made a fat free salad dressing with butter beans? If so, I would be interested in a recipe. They seem so smooth and creamy when you eat them, I'm wondering if I blended them up with some spices and some sort of liquid, if they would be good for putting on salads. I know butter beans are good on salads because I eat them all the time, but I'm wondering about in a dressing. Any thoughts on this appreciated.

• 1 month later...
Guest guest

Hello Beccy,I think it would make an excellent salad dressing. I've made a citrus based salad dressing before.Yes, it will turn bitter (more so if you use the seeds - but still will turn bitter if you use the pith and fiber) so I'd try cutting down on the ingredients some, and make only what you can eat at one meal.

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Mar 2, 2012, at 10:33 PM, Phelan wrote:

Hello,I want to make the Orange Dijon Marinade from the Create recipe book. It calls for oil, honey, an orange, dijon mustard, and soy sauce. Is there any reason that wouldn't make a good salad dressing instead of a marinade? I have read that smoothies containing citrus get bitter if left in the refrigerator for a day. Would the same thing happen to this recipe?Thanks for any input :) - Beccy