RemedySpot.com

Vitamix producing heat - was - Fat Sick Nearly Dead Day 10

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I pulp my greens with my tamper on the lower variable speeds and at the very end run on high for about 20 seconds - there is never any heat generated. I've taken the temperature of both the blades and the juice after and the pulp made in my Vitamix is MUCH cooler than the temperature of the fiber that comes out of my Lexen, electric, Healthy Juicer (or my Champion) now THOSE can produce some heat! (but still not up to the 118°) that they say is where enzymes begin to be destroyed.When the blades are spinning on high, they don't suddenly heat up. The blades and the liquid in the container all slowly increase in temperature, the longer the machine is left on high. You have to be intent on getting it hot to reach the point where he contents reach 118°.

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Jan 15, 2012, at 4:21 PM, lises wrote:

why would you want to put greens in a vitamix first if you have a juicer? It will only heat the greens, less processing of fresh produce is the goal with juicing, so I'd go with just the juicer, if your goal is to remove the pulp.

>

>

> Where is this reboot web site and video?

>

> Lucille

>

> --------------------------------------------------

> From: "Ginny" <ginbit@...>

> Sent: Saturday, January 14, 2012 10:22 PM

> < >

> Subject: Re: Fat Sick Nearly Dead Day 10

>

> > Congratulations for sticking with it, and the good results, including a

> > lesson learned for a lifetime.

> >

> > Ginny

> >

> >

> >> >

> >> > I completed the 10 day 'reboot' from the web site information. Happy

> >> > to result I feel the best I've felt in years and lost 14.5 pounds.

> >> > More than either of these I learned a lesson, that's the difference

> >> > between being 'hungry' and being 'not full.' That was a paradigm

> >> > change in my belief system that wasn't serving me well.

> >> >

> >> > I thought I had to be 'full' to be content and when not 'full' I was

> >> > 'hungry.' Drinking the smoothies and eating fresh salads as described

> >> > on the Reboot web site I ate plenty and got plenty of nutrition but

> >> > didn't have the 'full' feeling of the tacos, pizza, steaks, baked

> >> > potato and butter that I was usually stuffing myself with.

> >> >

> >> > I think this change in belief between 'full' and 'not hungry' is going

> >> > to help me make the changes in my eating for the future. Great lesson

> >> > to learn.

> >> >

> >>

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > ------------------------------------

> >

> >

Hi Lea Ann,Is the Champion an Auger juicer? My green star never gets the juice warm even. However, I've seen steam in my vitamix. I've never done the experiments that you mention. Maybe I should. that's a good tip, about tamping the greens, because the vitamix manual says to bring it up to high ASAP, so I always do, I guess that is the problem. Maybe with a green smoothie there is no need to use high speed? What else do you put in?I'm also going by the demonstration I once saw of vitamix at whole foods, emphasizing making soup from raw vegetables, and it did not take very long, and I sampled it and it was hot.Maybe I just haven't been using the vitamix properly. Ok, I just looked in the Getting

started, a Step by Step guide. The first recipe is Garden Fresh Cocktail, and the instructions say |turn machine on and quickly increase speed to 10 then to high run for 30 to 60 seconds. So, I always thought that you really weren't supposed to run the machine on low, because of the overheat protection, and this has greatly impacted my thoughts about using the vitamix for "raw" foods. From: Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> Sent: Sunday, January 15, 2012 5:00 PM Subject: Vitamix producing heat - was - Fat Sick Nearly Dead Day 10

I pulp my greens with my tamper on the lower variable speeds and at the very end run on high for about 20 seconds - there is never any heat generated. I've taken the temperature of both the blades and the juice after and the pulp made in my Vitamix is MUCH cooler than the temperature of the fiber that comes out of my Lexen, electric, Healthy Juicer (or my Champion) now THOSE can produce some heat! (but still not up to the 118°) that they say is where enzymes begin to be destroyed.When the blades are spinning on high, they don't suddenly heat up. The blades and the liquid in the container all slowly increase in temperature, the longer the machine is left on high. You have to be intent on getting it hot to reach the point where he contents reach 118°.

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

O

> >

Hi Lise,There is a huge difference between making pulp to be strained for juice, and making a Green Smoothie. The way to make cold and WELL blended smoothies is described here:http://vitamixlady.com/recipes/#Fruit%20Juice (2nd paragraph mostly) I run this on high for up to 2 minutes sometimes. I've been known to stand there chucking ice cubes in every 15 seconds or so as well.To make pulp, I wash all of my greens (it's a BIG PILE of greens!) and tear them, or cut them with scissors so they don't ball up into a mass that can't circulate through the blades. I use the tamper and get a batch to reduce in size (it gets really small after getting all blended up) then I add more greens, then mash it all down into pulp again, then repeat until all of the greens are in a nice pulpy mass. Then, I ramp this up to high for about 15-20 seconds to break open a lot more of the plant cell walls. No chance for it to get hot in that short, 15-20 seconds of time.You can use the lower variable speeds to chop, and to make batters, and to stir/chop things into a soup (or liquid) for texture, and for anything that isn't really thick. The fan does not come on in the 5200 until you get to high, therefore, if you try to make something thick like nut butter, hummus, a thick batter (for a long blending time), ice cream, etc. you can more easily over heat the motor because there is no fan working to cool off the motor.Check out the Chicken Salad and Salsa recipes, and how I use the lower variable speeds to create texture in the Cold Green Soup here:http://vitamixlady.com/recipes/To make the recipe you mentioned, all of the processing is on high so the only reason to "quickly" ramp up to high is because it is gentler on the motor to go from the lower speeds up to high than to go from zero to high all at once. You "could" ramp up slowly, but there would be no benefit do doing so. Most recipes are made on high and the ramp up is just the way to get to high that is gentlest to the motor.

On Jan 16, 2012, at 8:18 PM, lise sheehan wrote:

Hi Lea Ann,Is the Champion an Auger juicer? My green star never gets the juice warm even. However, I've seen steam in my vitamix. I've never done the experiments that you mention. Maybe I should. that's a good tip, about tamping the greens, because the vitamix manual says to bring it up to high ASAP, so I always do, I guess that is the problem. Maybe with a green smoothie there is no need to use high speed? What else do you put in?I'm also going by the demonstration I once saw of vitamix at whole foods, emphasizing making soup from raw vegetables, and it did not take very long, and I sampled it and it was hot.Maybe I just haven't been using the vitamix properly. Ok, I just looked in the Getting

started, a Step by Step guide. The first recipe is Garden Fresh Cocktail, and the instructions say |turn machine on and quickly increase speed to 10 then to high run for 30 to 60 seconds. So, I always thought that you really weren't supposed to run the machine on low, because of the overheat protection, and this has greatly impacted my thoughts about using the vitamix for "raw" foods. From: Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> Sent: Sunday, January 15, 2012 5:00 PM Subject: Vitamix producing heat - was - Fat Sick Nearly Dead Day 10

O

> >