RemedySpot.com

Re: Coconut Butter BItes...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Check out Coconut Manna at Nutiva!

Coconut Butter BItes...

I uploaded some pictures of how I've been eating my coconut butter lately.

/photos/album/1628065550/pic

/list?order=ordinal

When I first discovered Coconut Butter (and how to make it in the Vitamix) I

ate a spoon full (or two) after every meal, and in between meals if I felt

hungry.

Then, I brought my jar to work at a Whole Foods Market (a notoriously cold

place). My coconut butter solidified so I had to " chunk off " pieces. I

LOVED the new texture! So then for a long time, after I made a batch of

coconut butter, I'd pour it into a large glass baking dish and put it in the

fridge to solidify. After it was hard, I'd break it into pieces (a lot like

chocolate bark, only thicker) but I found that I would REALLY over eat my

portion size, because the pieces weren't uniform, and I just didn't have a

" stopper " and I'd keep pulling out chunks.

So. I decided to buy the mini muffin tins to help me with portion control.

I try to eat only one after each meal (but usually end up eating two -

guilty grin ;-)

So I made them for a long time as just coconut butter. But the other day, I

tossed in some nuts as I was making the butter (don't ask me for proportions

- I just tossed 'em in) and WOW! Delicious! Lately I don't worry about

whether I have good coconut flakes to start with (good ones being naturally

full of fat). I just add liberal amounts of coconut oil to the mix when I

am blending up a batch because it is the coconut oil that I'm trying to

consume, and it makes it a breeze to get the coconut butter to blend. Just

add as much as necessary.

I know that adding cocoa powder would be awesome, but I haven't done it yet

because I would have ABSOLUTELY NO self control around THAT!

Next, I'm going to make a batch with Matcha Green Tea Powder.

http://www.hibiki-an.com/product_info.php/cPath/26/products_id/353?osCsid=k8

740mjhus8kg3rl97u745l7h0

Google to learn the health benefits of Matcha Green Tea Powder. I buy from

the source above - always enough in one order to get free shipping.

Blessings,

Lea Ann Savage

Satellite Beach, FL

(321) 773-7088 (home)

(321-961-9219 (cell)

www.VitamixLady.com

www..com

<:)))><

------------------------------------

76 degrees is the changing number for coconut oil. It's liquid above 76 and

solidifies below that.

Lucille

--------------------------------------------------

Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2012 8:09 PM

< >

Subject: RE: Coconut Butter BItes...

> Check out Coconut Manna at Nutiva!

>

> Coconut Butter BItes...

>

> I uploaded some pictures of how I've been eating my coconut butter lately.

> /photos/album/1628065550/pic

> /list?order=ordinal

>

> When I first discovered Coconut Butter (and how to make it in the Vitamix)

> I

> ate a spoon full (or two) after every meal, and in between meals if I felt

> hungry.

>

> Then, I brought my jar to work at a Whole Foods Market (a notoriously cold

> place). My coconut butter solidified so I had to " chunk off " pieces. I

> LOVED the new texture! So then for a long time, after I made a batch of

> coconut butter, I'd pour it into a large glass baking dish and put it in

> the

> fridge to solidify. After it was hard, I'd break it into pieces (a lot

> like

> chocolate bark, only thicker) but I found that I would REALLY over eat my

> portion size, because the pieces weren't uniform, and I just didn't have a

> " stopper " and I'd keep pulling out chunks.

>

> So. I decided to buy the mini muffin tins to help me with portion control.

> I try to eat only one after each meal (but usually end up eating two -

> guilty grin ;-)

>

> So I made them for a long time as just coconut butter. But the other day,

> I

> tossed in some nuts as I was making the butter (don't ask me for

> proportions

> - I just tossed 'em in) and WOW! Delicious! Lately I don't worry about

> whether I have good coconut flakes to start with (good ones being

> naturally

> full of fat). I just add liberal amounts of coconut oil to the mix when I

> am blending up a batch because it is the coconut oil that I'm trying to

> consume, and it makes it a breeze to get the coconut butter to blend.

> Just

> add as much as necessary.

>

> I know that adding cocoa powder would be awesome, but I haven't done it

> yet

> because I would have ABSOLUTELY NO self control around THAT!

>

> Next, I'm going to make a batch with Matcha Green Tea Powder.

> http://www.hibiki-an.com/product_info.php/cPath/26/products_id/353?osCsid=k8

> 740mjhus8kg3rl97u745l7h0

> Google to learn the health benefits of Matcha Green Tea Powder. I buy

> from

> the source above - always enough in one order to get free shipping.

>

> Blessings,

> Lea Ann Savage

> Satellite Beach, FL

> (321) 773-7088 (home)

> (321-961-9219 (cell)

> www.VitamixLady.com

> www..com

> <:)))><

>

>

>

> ------------------------------------

>

>

Hmmm...wondering if you can pop them into mini ice cube trays?

Eileen

On Jan 17, 2012, at 4:26 PM, Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> wrote:

> I uploaded some pictures of how I've been eating my coconut butter lately…

>

/photos/album/1628065550/pic/lis\

t?order=ordinal

>

> When I first discovered Coconut Butter (and how to make it in the Vitamix) I

ate a spoon full (or two) after every meal, and in between meals if I felt

hungry.

>

> Then, I brought my jar to work at a Whole Foods Market (a notoriously cold

place). My coconut butter solidified so I had to " chunk off " pieces. I LOVED

the new texture! So then for a long time, after I made a batch of coconut

butter, I'd pour it into a large glass baking dish and put it in the fridge to

solidify. After it was hard, I'd break it into pieces (a lot like chocolate

bark, only thicker) but I found that I would REALLY over eat my portion size,

because the pieces weren't uniform, and I just didn't have a " stopper " and I'd

keep pulling out chunks.

>

> So… I decided to buy the mini muffin tins to help me with portion control.

I try to eat only one after each meal (but usually end up eating two - guilty

grin ;-)

>

> So I made them for a long time as just coconut butter. But the other day, I

tossed in some nuts as I was making the butter (don't ask me for proportions - I

just tossed 'em in) and WOW! Delicious! Lately I don't worry about whether I

have good coconut flakes to start with (good ones being naturally full of fat).

I just add liberal amounts of coconut oil to the mix when I am blending up a

batch because it is the coconut oil that I'm trying to consume, and it makes it

a breeze to get the coconut butter to blend. Just add as much as necessary.

>

> I know that adding cocoa powder would be awesome, but I haven't done it yet

because I would have ABSOLUTELY NO self control around THAT!

>

> Next, I'm going to make a batch with Matcha Green Tea Powder…

>

http://www.hibiki-an.com/product_info.php/cPath/26/products_id/353?osCsid=k8740m\

jhus8kg3rl97u745l7h0

> Google to learn the health benefits of Matcha Green Tea Powder. I buy from

the source above - always enough in one order to get free shipping.

>

> Blessings,

> Lea Ann Savage

> Satellite Beach, FL

> (321) 773-7088 (home)

> (321-961-9219 (cell)

> www.VitamixLady.com

> www..com

>

>

>

>

>

you sure could, but they will solidify in the refrigerator - no need to put in freezer.

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Jan 17, 2012, at 9:35 PM, Eileen Chun wrote:

Hmmm...wondering if you can pop them into mini ice cube trays?

Eileen

On Jan 17, 2012, at 4:26 PM, Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> wrote:

> I uploaded some pictures of how I've been eating my coconut butter lately…

> /photos/album/1628065550/pic/list?order=ordinal

>

> When I first discovered Coconut Butter (and how to make it in the Vitamix) I ate a spoon full (or two) after every meal, and in between meals if I felt hungry.

>

> Then, I brought my jar to work at a Whole Foods Market (a notoriously cold place). My coconut butter solidified so I had to "chunk off" pieces. I LOVED the new texture! So then for a long time, after I made a batch of coconut butter, I'd pour it into a large glass baking dish and put it in the fridge to solidify. After it was hard, I'd break it into pieces (a lot like chocolate bark, only thicker) but I found that I would REALLY over eat my portion size, because the pieces weren't uniform, and I just didn't have a "stopper" and I'd keep pulling out chunks.

>

> So… I decided to buy the mini muffin tins to help me with portion control. I try to eat only one after each meal (but usually end up eating two - guilty grin ;-)

>

> So I made them for a long time as just coconut butter. But the other day, I tossed in some nuts as I was making the butter (don't ask me for proportions - I just tossed 'em in) and WOW! Delicious! Lately I don't worry about whether I have good coconut flakes to start with (good ones being naturally full of fat). I just add liberal amounts of coconut oil to the mix when I am blending up a batch because it is the coconut oil that I'm trying to consume, and it makes it a breeze to get the coconut butter to blend. Just add as much as necessary.

>

> I know that adding cocoa powder would be awesome, but I haven't done it yet because I would have ABSOLUTELY NO self control around THAT!

>

> Next, I'm going to make a batch with Matcha Green Tea Powder…

> http://www.hibiki-an.com/product_info.php/cPath/26/products_id/353?osCsid=k8740mjhus8kg3rl97u745l7h0

> Google to learn the health benefits of Matcha Green Tea Powder. I buy from the source above - always enough in one order to get free shipping.

>

> Blessings,

> Lea Ann Savage

> Satellite Beach, FL

> (321) 773-7088 (home)

> (321-961-9219 (cell)

> www.VitamixLady.com

> www..com

>

>

>

>

>

about 5-6 cups of dried, unsweetened coconut flakesrun on high using tamper the whole time pushing it into the blades until it starts blending. I always add a couple of tablespoons of coconut oil in right at the beginning. If it doesn't reach a point where it is blending easily, I add more coconut oil until it does begin to blend. After it's blending, I add some stevia - and blend a little bit more just until it is all mixed up.Fast and Easy!

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Jan 17, 2012, at 8:56 PM, Kathy M wrote:

Lea AnnCould you repost how to use your vitamix tomake coconut butter?Kathy

Sounds yummy and good for you. Not sure why there was a color change just tossing in almonds, or did you blend it all after you put them in?Ginny From: Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2012 4:26 PM Subject:

Coconut Butter BItes...

I uploaded some pictures of how I've been eating my coconut butter lately…/photos/album/1628065550/pic/list?order=ordinalWhen I first discovered Coconut Butter (and how to make it in the Vitamix) I ate a spoon full (or two) after every meal, and in between meals if I felt hungry. Then, I brought my jar to work at a Whole Foods Market (a notoriously cold place). My coconut butter solidified so I had to "chunk off" pieces. I LOVED the new texture! So then for a long time, after I made a batch of coconut butter, I'd pour it into a large glass baking dish and put it in the fridge to solidify. After it was hard, I'd break it into pieces (a lot like chocolate bark, only thicker) but I found that I would REALLY over eat my portion size, because the pieces weren't uniform, and I just didn't have a "stopper" and I'd keep pulling out chunks.So… I decided

to buy the mini muffin tins to help me with portion control. I try to eat only one after each meal (but usually end up eating two - guilty grin ;-)So I made them for a long time as just coconut butter. But the other day, I tossed in some nuts as I was making the butter (don't ask me for proportions - I just tossed 'em in) and WOW! Delicious! Lately I don't worry about whether I have good coconut flakes to start with (good ones being naturally full of fat). I just add liberal amounts of coconut oil to the mix when I am blending up a batch because it is the coconut oil that I'm trying to consume, and it makes it a breeze to get the coconut butter to blend. Just add as much as necessary.I know that adding cocoa powder would be awesome, but I haven't done it yet because I would have ABSOLUTELY NO self control around THAT!Next, I'm going to make a batch with Matcha Green Tea Powder…

http://www.hibiki-an.com/product_info.php/cPath/26/products_id/353?osCsid=k8740mjhus8kg3rl97u745l7h0Google to learn the health benefits of Matcha Green Tea Powder. I buy from the source above - always enough in one order to get free shipping.Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><------------------------------------'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><------------------------------------

Hi Lee Ann, I've been trying to find a recipe for coconut butter...using unsweetened coconut. Do you just keep processing coconut past the coconut milk phase and it becomes butter, or ??? Ginny From: Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> Sent: Tuesday,

January 17, 2012 4:26 PM Subject: Coconut Butter BItes...

I uploaded some pictures of how I've been eating my coconut butter lately…/photos/album/1628065550/pic/list?order=ordinalWhen I first discovered Coconut Butter (and how to make it in the Vitamix) I ate a spoon full (or two) after every meal, and in between meals if I felt hungry. Then, I brought my jar to work at a Whole Foods Market (a notoriously cold place). My coconut butter solidified so I had to "chunk off" pieces. I LOVED the new texture! So then for a long time, after I made a batch of coconut butter, I'd pour it into a large glass baking dish and put it in the fridge to solidify. After it was hard, I'd break it into pieces (a lot like chocolate bark, only thicker) but I found that I would REALLY over eat my portion size, because the pieces weren't uniform, and I just didn't have a "stopper" and I'd keep pulling out chunks.So… I decided

to buy the mini muffin tins to help me with portion control. I try to eat only one after each meal (but usually end up eating two - guilty grin ;-)So I made them for a long time as just coconut butter. But the other day, I tossed in some nuts as I was making the butter (don't ask me for proportions - I just tossed 'em in) and WOW! Delicious! Lately I don't worry about whether I have good coconut flakes to start with (good ones being naturally full of fat). I just add liberal amounts of coconut oil to the mix when I am blending up a batch because it is the coconut oil that I'm trying to consume, and it makes it a breeze to get the coconut butter to blend. Just add as much as necessary.I know that adding cocoa powder would be awesome, but I haven't done it yet because I would have ABSOLUTELY NO self control around THAT!Next, I'm going to make a batch with Matcha Green Tea Powder…

http://www.hibiki-an.com/product_info.php/cPath/26/products_id/353?osCsid=k8740mjhus8kg3rl97u745l7h0Google to learn the health benefits of Matcha Green Tea Powder. I buy from the source above - always enough in one order to get free shipping.Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><------------------------------------'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><------------------------------------

Hello Roslyn,Here is the original post:/message/20339And here is one of my replies (which tells how I make it):/message/20363Coconut Butter Bits is JUST Coconut BUTTER that has been cooled until it is solid, instead of left at room temperature. As I mentioned in the first post, before I bought the mini muffin tins, I was using a large glass cake pan and breaking the cooled (solid) coconut butter into pieces (I should have called it Coconut "Chunks" at that stage ;-). I didn't know what to call my little ones, so I just called it "Coconut Bites".I'd been doing it this way for a while with just coconut flakes, coconut oil, and sweetened with Stevia. I read on a blog somewhere where someone was making a mixture of coconut and nuts and I had some nuts in the house so I tossed in some nuts with my last batch. The nuts changed the color. I also find that I often eat my coconut bits with nuts (I like the flavor/texture combo) so I thought it would be a good idea to just throw some whole nuts into the mix before solidifying. The variety of nut you could use is amazing (any of them would work I expect). You wouldn't always have to put the nuts in the coconut butter while blending either, you could just blend up some coconut butter and stir them with whole nuts before solidifying in the fridge.

On Jan 18, 2012, at 3:49 AM, Roslyn Zencker wrote:

Please tell us what the recipe is for Coconut Butter Bits is.

Thank you.

Roslyn Zencker

sdale, Arizona

NO liquid is added when making coconut butter. There is a link about it on our home page in the links/recipes folder.It is made from unsweetened, dehydrated coconut chips (or flakes or shreds - however they are called). The dried flakes are then processed just like nut butters.

On Jan 17, 2012, at 11:29 PM, Ginny Welton wrote:

Hi Lee Ann, I've been trying to find a recipe for coconut butter...using unsweetened coconut. Do you just keep processing coconut past the coconut milk phase and it becomes butter, or ??? Ginny From: Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> Sent: Tuesday,

Thanks, Lee Ann. This group has changed my way of thinking about my Vitamix and the things I can do with it. Many of the recipes that came with it are too high sugar, unhealthy fat for me, so it's been great learning more about green smoothies, kale chips different than the usual, and coconut butter, and much more! Wow, I wish I had found this group before!Thanks for being so quick to respond to everyone's questions.Ginny From: Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2012 5:47 AM Subject: Re: Coconut Butter BItes...

NO liquid is added when making coconut butter. There is a link about it on our home page in the links/recipes folder.It is made from unsweetened, dehydrated coconut chips (or flakes or shreds - however they are called). The dried flakes are then processed just like nut butters.

On Jan 17, 2012, at 11:29 PM, Ginny Welton wrote:

Hey, Lea Ann! Thanks for this info! I just made a batch. I planned to put a

single almond on the top of each and then drizzle with chocolate, but realized

we'd eaten all our almonds. Dang it! Oh, well. I will get some from the store

next time I'm there and just add them after the fact. :D How do you store them

once they're hard? Do you keep them in your pantry or in the fridge? I just took

them out and threw them in a ziploc bag, but wasn't sure if they should be

refrigerated or not. Thanks!

>

>

> Please tell us what the recipe is for Coconut Butter Bits is.

>

> Thank you.

> Roslyn Zencker

> sdale, Arizona

>

They need to stay in the fridge or they will melt (if your house temperature is above 76°). I use zip lock bags (sandwich size). I'd prefer glass, but there just isn't enough room in my fridge :-)Did you have mini-muffin tins on hand?

On Jan 18, 2012, at 6:48 PM, MO wrote:

Hey, Lea Ann! Thanks for this info! I just made a batch. I planned to put a single almond on the top of each and then drizzle with chocolate, but realized we'd eaten all our almonds. Dang it! Oh, well. I will get some from the store next time I'm there and just add them after the fact. :D How do you store them once they're hard? Do you keep them in your pantry or in the fridge? I just took them out and threw them in a ziploc bag, but wasn't sure if they should be refrigerated or not. Thanks!

>

>

> Please tell us what the recipe is for Coconut Butter Bits is.

>

> Thank you.

> Roslyn Zencker

> sdale, Arizona

>

>

> about 5-6 cups of dried, unsweetened coconut flakes

> run on high using tamper the whole time pushing it into the blades until it

starts blending. I always add a couple of tablespoons of coconut oil in right

at the beginning. If it doesn't reach a point where it is blending easily, I

add more coconut oil until it does begin to blend. After it's blending, I add

some stevia - and blend a little bit more just until it is all mixed up.

>

<snip>

Speaking of dried, unsweetened coconut flakes: I recently used a bag of Baker's

Angel Flake coconut to make macaroons (in dehydrator; delicious!). The coconut

was actually too moist! I looked at the package and was disgusted to see that

they use _propylene glycol_ to " preserve freshness. " That stuff is used in

antifreeze! Admittedly, it's also used in many other foods and cosmetics.

Other than organic (which is really too expensive) Bob's Red Mill* or fresh

coconut, does anyone know where I can find packaged coconut flakes WITHOUT

propylene glycol?

NOTE: *I did see that Bob's Red Mill has unsweetened coconut, with ingredients

listed as " Natural unsulfured coconut, " and there was one review that complained

that the product was too dry. (The directions on the package say that the

coconut should be soaked in warm water.) I guess that the reviewer likes mush!

Thanks,

Sharon

My grocery store (Ingle's) has a brand called 'Let's Do Organic' that only lists Organic Coconut, shredded and dehydrated. Color may vary as this product contains no sulfites.

I have also bought from Puritian's Pride, brand name Lehi Valley. There is a warning on the package that it was processed in a facility that processes peanuts, wheat and soy.

Rose

Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2012 7:49 PM

Subject: Re: Coconut Butter BItes...

>> about 5-6 cups of dried, unsweetened coconut flakes> run on high using tamper the whole time pushing it into the blades until it starts blending. I always add a couple of tablespoons of coconut oil in right at the beginning. If it doesn't reach a point where it is blending easily, I add more coconut oil until it does begin to blend. After it's blending, I add some stevia - and blend a little bit more just until it is all mixed up.> <snip>Speaking of dried, unsweetened coconut flakes: I recently used a bag of Baker's Angel Flake coconut to make macaroons (in dehydrator; delicious!). The coconut was actually too moist! I looked at the package and was disgusted to see that they use _propylene glycol_ to "preserve freshness." That stuff is used in antifreeze! Admittedly, it's also used in many other foods and cosmetics.Other than organic (which is really too expensive) Bob's Red Mill* or fresh coconut, does anyone know where I can find packaged coconut flakes WITHOUT propylene glycol?NOTE: *I did see that Bob's Red Mill has unsweetened coconut, with ingredients listed as "Natural unsulfured coconut," and there was one review that complained that the product was too dry. (The directions on the package say that the coconut should be soaked in warm water.) I guess that the reviewer likes mush!Thanks,Sharon

" Lets Do Organics " are a great brand of most products. I use their tapioca

pearls and grind them in to tapioca starch in the Vitamix. I avoid Bob's Red

Mills products, as they have a lot of cross contamination issues (for allergies,

no funk..that I am aware of, lol) You can easily dehydrate your own coconut in

a food dehydrator and store it in the freezer-bit of work to start with, but

nice to have on hand. You can get a " noodler " tool that makes short work of

scraping out the flesh from fresh coconuts. Here is a link:

http://www.ubraw.com/rawtools.html

> >

> > about 5-6 cups of dried, unsweetened coconut flakes

> > run on high using tamper the whole time pushing it into the blades until it

starts blending. I always add a couple of tablespoons of coconut oil in right at

the beginning. If it doesn't reach a point where it is blending easily, I add

more coconut oil until it does begin to blend. After it's blending, I add some

stevia - and blend a little bit more just until it is all mixed up.

> >

>

> <snip>

>

> Speaking of dried, unsweetened coconut flakes: I recently used a bag of

Baker's Angel Flake coconut to make macaroons (in dehydrator; delicious!). The

coconut was actually too moist! I looked at the package and was disgusted to see

that they use _propylene glycol_ to " preserve freshness. " That stuff is used in

>

> Other than organic (which is really too expensive) Bob's Red Mill* or fresh

propylene glycol?

>

> NOTE: *I did see that Bob's Red Mill has unsweetened coconut, with ingredients

listed as " Natural unsulfured coconut, " and there was one review that complained

>

> Thanks,

> Sharon

>

I've been using the "Let's Do Organic" brand of unsweetened coconut, and am extremely pleased with it....it's not the dry stuff I've purchased in cans that is like dry chips of cardboard, but it is sweet, soft and fresh tasting!Ginny From: <berrywell@...> Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2012 7:19 PM

Subject: Re: Coconut Butter BItes...

"Lets Do Organics" are a great brand of most products. I use their tapioca pearls and grind them in to tapioca starch in the Vitamix. I avoid Bob's Red Mills products, as they have a lot of cross contamination issues (for allergies, no funk..that I am aware of, lol) You can easily dehydrate your own coconut in a food dehydrator and store it in the freezer-bit of work to start with, but nice to have on hand. You can get a "noodler" tool that makes short work of scraping out the flesh from fresh coconuts. Here is a link:

http://www.ubraw.com/rawtools.html

> >

> > about 5-6 cups of dried, unsweetened coconut flakes

> > run on high using tamper the whole time pushing it into the blades until it starts blending. I always add a couple of tablespoons of coconut oil in right at the beginning. If it doesn't reach a point where it is blending easily, I add more coconut oil until it does begin to blend. After it's blending, I add some stevia - and blend a little bit more just until it is all mixed up.

> >

>

> <snip>

>

> Speaking of dried, unsweetened coconut flakes: I recently used a bag of Baker's Angel Flake coconut to make macaroons (in dehydrator; delicious!). The coconut was actually too moist! I looked at the package and was disgusted to see that they use _propylene glycol_ to "preserve freshness." That stuff is used in antifreeze! Admittedly, it's also used in many other foods and cosmetics.

>

> Other than organic (which is really too expensive) Bob's Red Mill* or fresh coconut, does anyone know where I can find packaged coconut flakes WITHOUT propylene glycol?

>

> NOTE: *I did see that Bob's Red Mill has unsweetened coconut, with ingredients listed as "Natural unsulfured coconut," and there was one review that complained that the product was too dry. (The directions on the package say that the coconut should be soaked in warm water.) I guess that the reviewer likes mush!

>

> Thanks,

> Sharon

>

If I remember right, Rene Oswald has a video of her using the " noodler "

tool on her website.

Velda

On 1/18/2012 7:19 PM, wrote:

> " Lets Do Organics " are a great brand of most products. I use their tapioca

Mills products, as they have a lot of cross contamination issues (for allergies,

>

> http://www.ubraw.com/rawtools.html

>

>

>

>

>>> about 5-6 cups of dried, unsweetened coconut flakes

>>> run on high using tamper the whole time pushing it into the blades until it

starts blending. I always add a couple of tablespoons of coconut oil in right at

the beginning. If it doesn't reach a point where it is blending easily, I add

more coconut oil until it does begin to blend. After it's blending, I add some

stevia - and blend a little bit more just until it is all mixed up.

>>>

>> <snip>

>>

>> Speaking of dried, unsweetened coconut flakes: I recently used a bag of

coconut was actually too moist! I looked at the package and was disgusted to see

that they use _propylene glycol_ to " preserve freshness. " That stuff is used in

>>

>> Other than organic (which is really too expensive) Bob's Red Mill* or fresh

propylene glycol?

>>

>> NOTE: *I did see that Bob's Red Mill has unsweetened coconut, with

ingredients listed as " Natural unsulfured coconut, " and there was one review

that complained that the product was too dry. (The directions on the package say

that the coconut should be soaked in warm water.) I guess that the reviewer

likes mush!

>>

>> Thanks,

>> Sharon

>>

>

>

>

>

>

Here's the Noodle Tool demo Velda! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hdle3PPGtDw And I'm currently working on another video that demonstrates my other favorite kitchen gadgets!Hugs,Rene---------------------Rene Oswald, RN, APHBest Beginnings, Inc. Living Food Classes & Consultationswww.rawfoodrene.comwww.reneoswald.com561-775-4867From: Velda <solomon@...> Sent: Thu, January 19, 2012 3:46:45 PMSubject: Re: Re: Coconut Butter BItes...

If I remember right, Rene Oswald has a video of her using the "noodler"

tool on her website.

Velda

> "Lets Do Organics" are a great brand of most products. I use their tapioca pearls and grind them in to tapioca starch in the Vitamix. I avoid Bob's Red Mills products, as they have a lot of cross contamination issues (for allergies, no funk..that I am aware of, lol) You can easily dehydrate your own coconut in a food dehydrator and store it in the freezer-bit of work to start with, but nice to have on hand. You can get a "noodler" tool that makes short work of scraping out the flesh from fresh coconuts. Here is a link:

>

>

>

>

>

>>> about 5-6 cups of dried, unsweetened coconut flakes

>>> run on high using tamper the whole time pushing it into the blades until it starts blending. I always add a couple of tablespoons of coconut oil in right at the beginning. If it doesn't reach a point where it is blending easily, I add more coconut oil until it does begin to blend. After it's blending, I add some stevia - and blend a little bit more just until it is all mixed up.

>>>

>> <snip>

>>

>> Speaking of dried, unsweetened coconut flakes: I recently used a bag of Baker's Angel Flake coconut to make macaroons (in dehydrator; delicious!). The coconut was actually too moist! I looked at the package and was disgusted to see that they use _propylene glycol_ to "preserve freshness." That stuff is used in antifreeze! Admittedly, it's also used in many other foods and cosmetics.

>>

>> Other than organic (which is really too expensive) Bob's Red Mill* or fresh coconut, does anyone know where I can find packaged coconut flakes WITHOUT propylene glycol?

>>

>> NOTE: *I did see that Bob's Red Mill has unsweetened coconut, with ingredients listed as "Natural unsulfured coconut," and there was one review that complained that the product was too dry. (The directions on the package say that the coconut should be soaked in warm water.) I guess that the reviewer likes mush!

>>

>> Thanks,

>> Sharon

>>

>

>

>

>

>

What do you know, my memory is not totally gone. LOL Thanks Rene.

The new gadget video will be both fun and useful. I look forward to

it.

Velda

On 1/19/2012 12:52 PM, Rene Oswald wrote:

Here's the Noodle Tool

demo Velda! 

And I'm currently working on another video that

demonstrates my other favorite kitchen gadgets!

Hugs,

Rene

---------------------

Rene Oswald, RN, APH

Best Beginnings, Inc.

Living Food Classes & Consultations

www.rawfoodrene.com

www.reneoswald.com

561-775-4867

Velda <solomon@...>

To:

Sent: Thu,

January 19, 2012 3:46:45 PM

Subject:

Re: Re: Coconut Butter BItes...

If I remember right, Rene Oswald has a video of her

using the "noodler"

tool on her website.

Velda

> "Lets Do Organics" are a great brand of most

products. I use their tapioca pearls and grind them in

to tapioca starch in the Vitamix. I avoid Bob's Red

Mills products, as they have a lot of cross

contamination issues (for allergies, no funk..that I am

aware of, lol) You can easily dehydrate your own coconut

in a food dehydrator and store it in the freezer-bit of

work to start with, but nice to have on hand. You can

get a "noodler" tool that makes short work of scraping

out the flesh from fresh coconuts. Here is a link:

>

>

>

>

>

>>> about 5-6 cups of dried, unsweetened

coconut flakes

>>> run on high using tamper the whole time

pushing it into the blades until it starts blending. I

always add a couple of tablespoons of coconut oil in

right at the beginning. If it doesn't reach a point

where it is blending easily, I add more coconut oil

until it does begin to blend. After it's blending, I add

some stevia - and blend a little bit more just until it

is all mixed up.

>>>

>> <snip>

>>

>> Speaking of dried, unsweetened coconut flakes:

I recently used a bag of Baker's Angel Flake coconut to

make macaroons (in dehydrator; delicious!). The coconut

was actually too moist! I looked at the package and was

disgusted to see that they use _propylene glycol_ to

"preserve freshness." That stuff is used in antifreeze!

Admittedly, it's also used in many other foods and

cosmetics.

>>

>> Other than organic (which is really too

expensive) Bob's Red Mill* or fresh coconut, does anyone

know where I can find packaged coconut flakes WITHOUT

propylene glycol?

>>

>> NOTE: *I did see that Bob's Red Mill has

unsweetened coconut, with ingredients listed as "Natural

unsulfured coconut," and there was one review that

complained that the product was too dry. (The directions

on the package say that the coconut should be soaked in

warm water.) I guess that the reviewer likes mush!

>>

>> Thanks,

>> Sharon

>>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> My grocery store (Ingle's) has a brand called 'Let's Do Organic' that only

lists Organic Coconut, shredded and dehydrated. Color may vary as this product

contains no sulfites.

> I have also bought from Puritian's Pride, brand name Lehi Valley. There is a

warning on the package that it was processed in a facility that processes

peanuts, wheat and soy.

> Rose

>

>

>

> From: sharonbee2@...

> Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2012 7:49 PM

>

> Subject: Re: Coconut Butter BItes...

>

>

>

<snip>

>

> <snip>

>

> Speaking of dried, unsweetened coconut flakes: I recently used a bag of

>

> Other than organic (which is really too expensive) Bob's Red Mill* or fresh

propylene glycol?

>

> NOTE: *I did see that Bob's Red Mill has unsweetened coconut, with ingredients

>

> Thanks,

> Sharon

>

Thanks, Rose. I don't think that I have to worry about cross-contamination from

allergens (luckily!), so Bob's wouldn't be too troublesome. I just get annoyed

that products are cheaper online but the shipping costs negate the savings. As

for the cost of organics, I guess I'll either have to suffer the expense -- or

suffer from ingesting propylene glycol! Well, there's that, or go through the

motions of whacking a fresh coconut! <grin>

Thanks again,

Sharon

>

> " Lets Do Organics " are a great brand of most products. I use their tapioca

>

>

>

>

<snip>

OK; two recommendations for " Let's Do Organics. " Sounds good to me!

Thanks also for the " noodler " info, !

Best,

Sharon

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Lea Ann. Yes, I had a mini muffin tin. Only problem I had was some of the

bites had rust on them when I popped them out. There had not been rust showing

on the pan when I put then in, so that was odd.

> >

> >

> > Please tell us what the recipe is for Coconut Butter Bits is.

> >

> > Thank you.

> > Roslyn Zencker

> > sdale, Arizona

> >

>