RemedySpot.com

Re: Juicers and blenders

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I've heard that people can make do with a Ninja while saving up for a Vitamix, but a Ninja is still over $100 isn't it?When I started making Green Smoothies, I was using regular blenders for 3 months before I got my Vitamix, and was breaking a blender per month ;-)

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Jan 19, 2012, at 3:32 PM, wrote:

When my sister came to visit, I got her interested in green smoothies and healthier meals. She wants to buy the appliances (doesn't have either yet) and get busy (yea!), but says she can't afford what I have (Vita-Mix and Angel juicer) and wants help finding alternatives. Any suggestions from happy owners of other brands?

Thanks in advance.

The original Ninja can be found at BigLots for about 30 bucks, and works a charm

for a starter-it is NO Vitamix, of course, but it will whip up a decent smothie

or juice, as will the Magic Buller (50 bucks) I have and use both in addition

to my Vitamix. I hope this doesn't sound presumptuous, but your sister may

THINK she can't afford a Vitamix-does she know that Lea Ann can arrange a

payment plan and get free shipping for her?

You might contact Lea Ann to get an idea of what the payments are-clearly your

sister has already seen that the machine is well worth the investment, and she

wouldnt " need " a seperate juicer if she learned some of the tricks to juicing in

the Vitamix?

>

> When my sister came to visit, I got her interested in green smoothies and

healthier meals. She wants to buy the appliances (doesn't have either yet) and

get busy (yea!), but says she can't afford what I have (Vita-Mix and Angel

juicer) and wants help finding alternatives. Any suggestions from happy owners

of other brands?

>

> Thanks in advance.

>

>

>

The Ninja 1100 has the 1100 watts motor. The Vitamix use to be 1200 watts. You can go to the QVC web site QVC.com in their search put in Ninja 1100. Then you can watch the video. It does just about everything a Vitamix can do. It comes with two containers and a special paddle to make bread and knead it. The Ninja 1100 was the todays value for $99.00 when I bought it.

Wolgang Puck on HSN now has one that does everything a Vitamix does and is much cheaper.

Montel has one called "the Health Master" You can buy it on QVC. You sometimes see his infomercial on TV.

BTW....... there is a Ninja that has around 350 watts that I don't think it would survive what the Vitamix does. They're good for making smoothies. Another Ninja that has around 800 watts that does a lot of things the Vitamix does. So there is some choice out there.

You can go to both QVC and HSN and do a search for Blenders and you'll find the different blenders they have.

Lucille

Sent: Thursday, January 19, 2012 4:09 PM

Subject: Re: Juicers and blenders

I've heard that people can make do with a Ninja while saving up for a Vitamix, but a Ninja is still over $100 isn't it?

When I started making Green Smoothies, I was using regular blenders for 3 months before I got my Vitamix, and was breaking a blender per month ;-)

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

When my sister came to visit, I got her interested in green smoothies and healthier meals. She wants to buy the appliances (doesn't have either yet) and get busy (yea!), but says she can't afford what I have (Vita-Mix and Angel juicer) and wants help finding alternatives. Any suggestions from happy owners of other brands?Thanks in advance.

Hi Lucille,Thanks for the info. on the Ninja's motor.I've heard that the Ninja does a "decent" job, but the many parts are a pain to clean, and the blades are sharp and can cut people if they aren't careful.I don't know about the Wolfgang Puck machine, but the Health Master is a disaster. I'd rather people spend their money on Vitamix's only real competitor (in its class) the Blendtec, than waste their money on a Health Master. The Amazon.com reviews for the Health Master are Excellent selling tools for a Vitamix! (people are constantly saying, "why not save your $ and get a Vitamix".)

On Jan 19, 2012, at 4:47 PM, Lucille wrote:

The Ninja 1100 has the 1100 watts motor. The Vitamix use to be 1200 watts. You can go to the QVC web site QVC.com in their search put in Ninja 1100. Then you can watch the video. It does just about everything a Vitamix can do. It comes with two containers and a special paddle to make bread and knead it. The Ninja 1100 was the todays value for $99.00 when I bought it.

Wolgang Puck on HSN now has one that does everything a Vitamix does and is much cheaper.

Montel has one called "the Health Master" You can buy it on QVC. You sometimes see his infomercial on TV.

BTW....... there is a Ninja that has around 350 watts that I don't think it would survive what the Vitamix does. They're good for making smoothies. Another Ninja that has around 800 watts that does a lot of things the Vitamix does. So there is some choice out there.

You can go to both QVC and HSN and do a search for Blenders and you'll find the different blenders they have.

Lucille

Sent: Thursday, January 19, 2012 4:09 PM

I've heard that people can make do with a Ninja while saving up for a Vitamix, but a Ninja is still over $100 isn't it?

When I started making Green Smoothies, I was using regular blenders for 3 months before I got my Vitamix, and was breaking a blender per month ;-)

When my sister came to visit, I got her interested in green smoothies and healthier meals. She wants to buy the appliances (doesn't have either yet) and get busy (yea!), but says she can't afford what I have (Vita-Mix and Angel juicer) and wants help finding alternatives. Any suggestions from happy owners of other brands?Thanks in advance.

The woman I spoke to yesterday, who was  thinking about getting one,

said the one she looked at was about $150. (I have not looked at it

myself, other than walking by it in Costco, without paying

attention).

Velda

On 1/19/2012 1:09 PM, Lea Ann Savage wrote:

I've heard that people can make do with a Ninja while saving up

for a Vitamix, but a Ninja is still over $100 isn't it?

When I started making Green Smoothies, I was using regular

blenders for 3 months before I got my Vitamix, and was breaking

a blender per month ;-)

Blessings,

Lea Ann Savage

Satellite Beach, FL

(321) 773-7088 (home)

(321-961-9219 (cell)

www.VitamixLady.com

www..com

<:)))><

When my sister came to visit, I got her interested in

green smoothies and healthier meals. She wants to buy

the appliances (doesn't have either yet) and get busy

(yea!), but says she can't afford what I have (Vita-Mix

and Angel juicer) and wants help finding alternatives.

Any suggestions from happy owners of other brands?

Thanks in advance.

My fiance wondered the same thing when he found out how much I paid for my Vitamix (I bought it years before we met).  He thought he'd prove we didn't need a vitamix by using other blenders.  Well, he kept complaining how lumpy his smoothies were and he broke 3 blenders.  Now he uses our Vitamix every morning and every night.  I'd say it's well worth it for your sister to save up and buy a VM.  She can put a little away at a time and pretty soon she'll have the money.  Or, she can do like I do when I want a kitchen appliance....shave a bit off the household food money and just put it away until I have enough (hee  hee).....my fiance is none the wiser so long as  he's eating good food!

Last year my daughter called me and said Vitamix was on QVC and said " Who in their right mind would spend that kind of money for a blender"? So I said "I would". LOL

Lucille

Sent: Thursday, January 19, 2012 5:45 PM

My fiance wondered the same thing when he found out how much I paid for my Vitamix (I bought it years before we met). He thought he'd prove we didn't need a vitamix by using other blenders. Well, he kept complaining how lumpy his smoothies were and he broke 3 blenders. Now he uses our Vitamix every morning and every night. I'd say it's well worth it for your sister to save up and buy a VM. She can put a little away at a time and pretty soon she'll have the money. Or, she can do like I do when I want a kitchen appliance....shave a bit off the household food money and just put it away until I have enough (hee hee).....my fiance is none the wiser so long as he's eating good food!

I certainly laughed at that one. I have heard it so many times. I

love it when I hear, "Oh I can afford that for a blender". And I

ask, so what do you do and they say, I just buy a ($50, $60, etc)

blender from the store. I ask, so how many of those have you bought?

And I get a number. Then I say. My first VM is a 1977model which

still works. I got a new one because I WANTED it! (ha ha). They

usually just stand and stare at that point.

Velda

On 1/19/2012 2:57 PM, Lucille wrote:

Hey, Lee Ann. I think my sister is going to buy a Vitamix if she can get a

payment plan and free shipping. I gave her your contact info, so she may be

getting in touch with you.

Thanks for everyone's posts.

Yay another future VME!

Velda

On 1/19/2012 3:59 PM, wrote:

> Hey, Lee Ann. I think my sister is going to buy a Vitamix if she can get a

payment plan and free shipping. I gave her your contact info, so she may be

getting in touch with you.