RemedySpot.com

Re: My Juice Press Experiment - it worked GREAT!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

That is AWESOME! CONGRATS! I can't wait for your product to come out. You

KNOW I will have to try it!

Sent from my iPad

On Jan 21, 2012, at 5:27 PM, Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> wrote:

> I AM SO EXCITED!!!

>

> I bought this citrus press and it came yesterday.

> http://www.amazon.com/Hamilton-Beach-932-Commercial-Citrus/dp/B00015NN0S

>

> I wanted to see if the rack and pinion design pressed the juice out of a nut

milk bag, and got the pulp as dry as I can get it with my hands. Not only did

it work… it got the pulp MUCH dryer!!! Of course I had to pre-squeeze some

out of the bag to get the bag small enough to fit in the citrus press, and of

course the design of the citrus press is NOT what one would want for a juice

press, but YEAWZA am I ever CERTAIN that even working with a less-than-ideal set

up, I got WAY more juice out of my bag of pulp with MUCH less effort. I can

only imagine how awesome the process will be when I have a press with the

correct ergonomics!!!

>

> Then, I was watching a YouTube video and found this:

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07oULHQkXLI & feature=relmfu

> (it must be divine intervention…)

>

> Listen to what he says in answer to a question about juicing that starts at

2:02 He mentions/recommends buying a " cheap " juicer until you can save up for

the $500 Green Star Juicer that he recommends. He says that of course, the

$2500 Norwalk would be great, but who has that kind of $$$ - so in his opinion,

the $500 Green Star is the best for your $$$. But...

>

> THEN… Look at what he says at 3:33 about using a blender and a nut milk bag!

He HAS a Green Star Juicer, but He's USING a Vitamix and a Nut Milk Bag!!! He

said, " that's how we juice right now, because it's a pain to take out the 'big

ole' Green Star, and then put it away, and all of that stuff, because we just

don't have enough room on our counter " !

>

> Woo Hoo!

>

> My experience has been exactly the same - I've got a great juicer for greens,

and it is easy to clean up, but the nut milk bag is easier! I simply CANNOT

WAIT to get a prototype made of our Juice Press, because I want to use it every

day! And I feel confident that we've got an AWESOME new product to bring to the

market!!! I can't WAIT to get started selling and marketing this Juice Press!!!

I have so many ideas for YouTube videos and sales channels that I'm beside

myself!!! :-)

>

> Blessings,

> Lea Ann Savage

> Satellite Beach, FL

> (321) 773-7088 (home)

> (321-961-9219 (cell)

> www.VitamixLady.com

> www..com

> <:)))><

>

>

>

> ------------------------------------

>

>

LOL - you might be AMAZED. I want the design and development process to be over YESTERDAY because I'm CHOMPING, CHOMPING, CHOMPING at the bit to do my marketing videos!Just imagine showing people how easy it would be to make nut milks and coconut milks!!!Just the Almond Milk and Rice Milk market alone would be awesome!It is pressed SO QUICKLY! Just about as quickly as you can pull a lever!And the clean up is such a breeze. All of the parts that connect with food will be food grade stainless steel though - not like the Hamilton Beach press. And, we might just steal the commercial citrus press market as well if we have the insert that fits large oranges and grapefruits and pomegranates which the Hamilton Beach press does not do!!!

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Jan 21, 2012, at 5:33 PM, Berry wrote:

That is AWESOME! CONGRATS! I can't wait for your product to come out. You KNOW I will have to try it!

Sent from my iPad

> I AM SO EXCITED!!!

>

>

> I wanted to see if the rack and pinion design pressed the juice out of a nut milk bag, and got the pulp as dry as I can get it with my hands. Not only did it work… it got the pulp MUCH dryer!!! Of course I had to pre-squeeze some out of the bag to get the bag small enough to fit in the citrus press, and of course the design of the citrus press is NOT what one would want for a juice press, but YEAWZA am I ever CERTAIN that even working with a less-than-ideal set up, I got WAY more juice out of my bag of pulp with MUCH less effort. I can only imagine how awesome the process will be when I have a press with the correct ergonomics!!!

>

>

> Listen to what he says in answer to a question about juicing that starts at 2:02 He mentions/recommends buying a "cheap" juicer until you can save up for the $500 Green Star Juicer that he recommends. He says that of course, the $2500 Norwalk would be great, but who has that kind of $$$ - so in his opinion, the $500 Green Star is the best for your $$$. But...

>

> THEN… Look at what he says at 3:33 about using a blender and a nut milk bag! He HAS a Green Star Juicer, but He's USING a Vitamix and a Nut Milk Bag!!! He said, "that's how we juice right now, because it's a pain to take out the 'big ole' Green Star, and then put it away, and all of that stuff, because we just don't have enough room on our counter"!

>

> Woo Hoo!

>

> My experience has been exactly the same - I've got a great juicer for greens, and it is easy to clean up, but the nut milk bag is easier! I simply CANNOT WAIT to get a prototype made of our Juice Press, because I want to use it every day! And I feel confident that we've got an AWESOME new product to bring to the market!!! I can't WAIT to get started selling and marketing this Juice Press!!! I have so many ideas for YouTube videos and sales channels that I'm beside myself!!! :-)

>

> Blessings,

> Lea Ann Savage

> Satellite Beach, FL

> (321) 773-7088 (home)

> (321-961-9219 (cell)

> www.VitamixLady.com

> www..com

>

>

>

>

>

I can FEEL your excitement! You could indeed amass a huge following with it! I am so excited for you. HURRY! Get it on the market!Sent from my iPadOn Jan 21, 2012, at 5:39 PM, Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> wrote:

LOL - you might be AMAZED. I want the design and development process to be over YESTERDAY because I'm CHOMPING, CHOMPING, CHOMPING at the bit to do my marketing videos!Just imagine showing people how easy it would be to make nut milks and coconut milks!!!Just the Almond Milk and Rice Milk market alone would be awesome!It is pressed SO QUICKLY! Just about as quickly as you can pull a lever!And the clean up is such a breeze. All of the parts that connect with food will be food grade stainless steel though - not like the Hamilton Beach press. And, we might just steal the commercial citrus press market as well if we have the insert that fits large oranges and grapefruits and pomegranates which the Hamilton Beach press does not do!!!

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Jan 21, 2012, at 5:33 PM, Berry wrote:

That is AWESOME! CONGRATS! I can't wait for your product to come out. You KNOW I will have to try it!

Sent from my iPad

> I AM SO EXCITED!!!

>

>

> I wanted to see if the rack and pinion design pressed the juice out of a nut milk bag, and got the pulp as dry as I can get it with my hands. Not only did it work… it got the pulp MUCH dryer!!! Of course I had to pre-squeeze some out of the bag to get the bag small enough to fit in the citrus press, and of course the design of the citrus press is NOT what one would want for a juice press, but YEAWZA am I ever CERTAIN that even working with a less-than-ideal set up, I got WAY more juice out of my bag of pulp with MUCH less effort. I can only imagine how awesome the process will be when I have a press with the correct ergonomics!!!

>

>

> Listen to what he says in answer to a question about juicing that starts at 2:02 He mentions/recommends buying a "cheap" juicer until you can save up for the $500 Green Star Juicer that he recommends. He says that of course, the $2500 Norwalk would be great, but who has that kind of $$$ - so in his opinion, the $500 Green Star is the best for your $$$. But...

>

> THEN… Look at what he says at 3:33 about using a blender and a nut milk bag! He HAS a Green Star Juicer, but He's USING a Vitamix and a Nut Milk Bag!!! He said, "that's how we juice right now, because it's a pain to take out the 'big ole' Green Star, and then put it away, and all of that stuff, because we just don't have enough room on our counter"!

>

> Woo Hoo!

>

> My experience has been exactly the same - I've got a great juicer for greens, and it is easy to clean up, but the nut milk bag is easier! I simply CANNOT WAIT to get a prototype made of our Juice Press, because I want to use it every day! And I feel confident that we've got an AWESOME new product to bring to the market!!! I can't WAIT to get started selling and marketing this Juice Press!!! I have so many ideas for YouTube videos and sales channels that I'm beside myself!!! :-)

>

> Blessings,

> Lea Ann Savage

> Satellite Beach, FL

> (321) 773-7088 (home)

> (321-961-9219 (cell)

> www.VitamixLady.com

> www..com

>

>

>

>

>

Hi Lea Ann,

Forgive my ignorance, but why would you have to strain your juice? Isn't it

better for you if you don't mind the texture with all the pulp in it?

Kuby

>

> I AM SO EXCITED!!!

>

>

> I wanted to see if the rack and pinion design pressed the juice out of a nut

milk bag, and got the pulp as dry as I can get it with my hands. Not only did

it work… it got the pulp MUCH dryer!!!

Yes, our press will be a hybrid of this:http://www.amazon.com/Welles-or-Peoples-Juice-Press/dp/B001ACDLX0(mostly the pressing plates from this)and the rack and pinion gear with a handle pressing mechanism from this:http://www.amazon.com/Hamilton-Beach-932-Commercial-Citrus/dp/B00015NN0S/ref=sr_1_1?s=home-garden & ie=UTF8 & qid=1327199798 & sr=1-1(replacing the hydraulic press with a rack and pinion hand operated press.A person will have to pour the nut milk from the Vitamix into a nut milk bag and put the nut milk bag in the press. The press will push out the liquid, but the fiber will remain in the nut milk bag. Here is how the process works with the People's Press: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfR1C9KJI2w & feature=relatedIn our press, you will be able to use a nut milk bag or a press cloth - whichever you prefer!

On Jan 21, 2012, at 5:58 PM, busymomothree wrote:

So, a person would process the nut milk in a VM and then take the product to the press to finish the milk extraction?

Hello Kuby,A person can use their Vitamix as a Juicer this way:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGendHVlxroOr they can just go with Green Smoothies and keep all of the fiber in the drink. Personally, I do a combination of both.In order to get the nutrients from a Full POUND of greens - I juice JUST the greens. Juiced Greens (with the fiber removed) don't have a negative effect on my blood sugar levels, but if I remove the fiber from: fruits, carrots, or beets, there is a negative effect on my blood sugar levels (fiber helps slow the release of sugar into your blood stream).After juicing a pound of greens, I add the Green Juice to one of the following (blended in the Vitamix WITH the fiber):- 1/2 apple, 1/2 lime, 2 carrots, ginger, one clove garlicor- berries (usually a triple berry mix like raspberries, blueberries, blackberries)or- cucumber, red pepper, celery, 2 carrots, 1/2 avocadoThe reason I juice the greens instead of blending them with the fiber (like I used to in my Green Smoothies) is that I can get a full pound of greens into a 2-3 cup portion, but if I retained the fiber, I would only be able to get about 1/3 of a pound of greens in the same 2-3 cups. Juicing Greens is a great way to increase the Volume of nutrients I am getting from greens, and the nutrients in greens are SO GOOD for me. I've felt FANTASTIC ever since I started drinking the Juice from a pound of greens per day.So, getting more nutrients in a smaller volume is one of the benefits of pure juices over smoothies (where GREENS are concerned). But what is a benefit where greens are concerned can be a detriment where fruits and sweet veggies like beets and carrots are concerned because the same concept (I can get more of the nutrients in the same volume if the fiber is removed). The sugars are more concentrated where fruits, beets, and carrots are concerned. If you keep the fiber in, you might only use 2-3 carrots, but if you remove the fiber, you would be getting the nutrients (and all of the sugars) of 6-7 or more carrots in the same volume!

On Jan 21, 2012, at 9:23 PM, kuby2u wrote:

Hi Lea Ann,

Forgive my ignorance, but why would you have to strain your juice? Isn't it better for you if you don't mind the texture with all the pulp in it?

Kuby

>

> I AM SO EXCITED!!!

>

>

> I wanted to see if the rack and pinion design pressed the juice out of a nut milk bag, and got the pulp as dry as I can get it with my hands. Not only did it work… it got the pulp MUCH dryer!!!

Wow! That's a good lesson on juicing Lea Ann. I never would have thought of that. What to juice and what to blend. I'll have to try that. Thanks.

Lucille

Sent: Saturday, January 21, 2012 10:52 PM

Subject: Re: My Juice Press Experiment - it worked GREAT!

Hello Kuby,

A person can use their Vitamix as a Juicer this way:

Or they can just go with Green Smoothies and keep all of the fiber in the drink.

Personally, I do a combination of both.

In order to get the nutrients from a Full POUND of greens - I juice JUST the greens. Juiced Greens (with the fiber removed) don't have a negative effect on my blood sugar levels, but if I remove the fiber from: fruits, carrots, or beets, there is a negative effect on my blood sugar levels (fiber helps slow the release of sugar into your blood stream).

After juicing a pound of greens, I add the Green Juice to one of the following (blended in the Vitamix WITH the fiber):

- 1/2 apple, 1/2 lime, 2 carrots, ginger, one clove garlicor- berries (usually a triple berry mix like raspberries, blueberries, blackberries)or- cucumber, red pepper, celery, 2 carrots, 1/2 avocado

The reason I juice the greens instead of blending them with the fiber (like I used to in my Green Smoothies) is that I can get a full pound of greens into a 2-3 cup portion, but if I retained the fiber, I would only be able to get about 1/3 of a pound of greens in the same 2-3 cups. Juicing Greens is a great way to increase the Volume of nutrients I am getting from greens, and the nutrients in greens are SO GOOD for me. I've felt FANTASTIC ever since I started drinking the Juice from a pound of greens per day.

So, getting more nutrients in a smaller volume is one of the benefits of pure juices over smoothies (where GREENS are concerned). But what is a benefit where greens are concerned can be a detriment where fruits and sweet veggies like beets and carrots are concerned because the same concept (I can get more of the nutrients in the same volume if the fiber is removed). The sugars are more concentrated where fruits, beets, and carrots are concerned. If you keep the fiber in, you might only use 2-3 carrots, but if you remove the fiber, you would be getting the nutrients (and all of the sugars) of 6-7 or more carrots in the same volume!

Hi Lea Ann,Forgive my ignorance, but why would you have to strain your juice? Isn't it better for you if you don't mind the texture with all the pulp in it?Kuby>> I AM SO EXCITED!!!> > I bought this citrus press and it came yesterday. > http://www.amazon.com/Hamilton-Beach-932-Commercial-Citrus/dp/B00015NN0S> > I wanted to see if the rack and pinion design pressed the juice out of a nut milk bag, and got the pulp as dry as I can get it with my hands. Not only did it work… it got the pulp MUCH dryer!!!

You are welcome Lucille,I don't want to overwhelm new Vitamix owners with the idea that they SHOULD do it this way. I've been at this for 4 years, and in the beginning, just drinking a Green Smoothie + getting off of wheat and sugar turned my life around in a major way!I had a second health crisis about 2 years ago, and have been working like crazy trying different things (diets/ways of eating) to find what will help me. I've finally hit on what is working best for me (RIGHT NOW - things are always evolving with my diet :-) IF I hadn't had the second health crash (adrenals an thyroid shot) I would probably still be doing fine with just no sugar, no wheat, and a Green Smoothie (or blended salad) daily.Now, I have to do "radical" things (diet wise) because I am coming from a position of being VERY sick (and very tired). I do some things that are a pretty radical departure from what "normal" people do, because I have such a physically demanding job (when I am at a show) and such a stress-damaged body.I am certain that for most people, Green Smoothies all by themselves (SO EASY TO DO) are extremely beneficial!!!But I can assure anyone who is facing serious exhaustion and who is willing to spend the time, energy, and money on juicing a pound of greens per day, that they WILL feel different (better). It is not possible not to!For anyone who is interested… here is an outline of my "current" diet:AM- a small bowl of fermented veggies- about 1/4 cup of organic, grass fed and grass finished ground beef (I keep a large bowl of already cooked ground beef in the fridge and just warm up a little bit)- coffee (my one indulgence) 1/2 organic regular, 1/2 organic decaff (water processed) full-fat coconut milk for cream, stevia- a spoon full of coconut butter (or a coconut bite) to end the meal (I make my own coconut butter from dried, unsweetened, coconut flakes sweetened with stevia)LUNCH- one pound of Greens Juiced (pulp made in a Vitamix, then strained in a nut milk bag) I add this juice to one of the following (which I blend in the Vitamix WITHOUT removing or straining out the fiber):- 1/2 apple, 1/2 lime, 2 carrots, ginger, one clove garlicor- berries (usually a triple berry mix like raspberries, blueberries, blackberries)or- cucumber, red pepper, celery, 2 carrots, 1/2 avocadoI follow lunch with a hand full of walnuts or almonds and a spoon full of coconut butter (or a coconut bite) or 1/2 of an avocado if the avocado wasn't in my green mix.DINNER:- A soup made with Bone Broth as the foundation (learned of the importance of bone broths from the GAPS diet) with some of the meat that was on the bones and whatever veggies I cooked it in. I use Organic bones and meat. I make bone broths from beef bones (joints, ox tail, marrow bones, etc.) chicken, and turkey bones.- After this soup is hot, I crack an egg over it letting the whites fall in and cook, and I slurp down the yolk raw. (this is discussed in the GAPS diet too) - dinner is followed by a spoon full of coconut butter (or coconut bites). Coconut is my dessert, and the sweet signals the end of a meal for me.This diet has cured my insomnia, ended my PMS, stabilized my hypoglycemia, helped me drop 4 lbs. (I was already at a very healthy weight wearing a size 8 jeans but now they fit better :-), and VASTLY increased my energy - I run circles around my lazy kids. ;-)

On Jan 21, 2012, at 11:50 PM, Lucille wrote:

Wow! That's a good lesson on juicing Lea Ann. I never would have thought of that. What to juice and what to blend. I'll have to try that. Thanks.

Lucille

Hello Kuby,

Or they can just go with Green Smoothies and keep all of the fiber in the drink.

In order to get the nutrients from a Full POUND of greens - I juice JUST the greens. Juiced Greens (with the fiber removed) don't have a negative effect on my blood sugar levels, but if I remove the fiber from: fruits, carrots, or beets, there is a negative effect on my blood sugar levels (fiber helps slow the release of sugar into your blood stream).

After juicing a pound of greens, I add the Green Juice to one of the following (blended in the Vitamix WITH the fiber):

- 1/2 apple, 1/2 lime, 2 carrots, ginger, one clove garlicor- berries (usually a triple berry mix like raspberries, blueberries, blackberries)or- cucumber, red pepper, celery, 2 carrots, 1/2 avocado

The reason I juice the greens instead of blending them with the fiber (like I used to in my Green Smoothies) is that I can get a full pound of greens into a 2-3 cup portion, but if I retained the fiber, I would only be able to get about 1/3 of a pound of greens in the same 2-3 cups. Juicing Greens is a great way to increase the Volume of nutrients I am getting from greens, and the nutrients in greens are SO GOOD for me. I've felt FANTASTIC ever since I started drinking the Juice from a pound of greens per day.

So, getting more nutrients in a smaller volume is one of the benefits of pure juices over smoothies (where GREENS are concerned). But what is a benefit where greens are concerned can be a detriment where fruits and sweet veggies like beets and carrots are concerned because the same concept (I can get more of the nutrients in the same volume if the fiber is removed). The sugars are more concentrated where fruits, beets, and carrots are concerned. If you keep the fiber in, you might only use 2-3 carrots, but if you remove the fiber, you would be getting the nutrients (and all of the sugars) of 6-7 or more carrots in the same volume!

Hi Lea Ann,Forgive my ignorance, but why would you have to strain your juice? Isn't it better for you if you don't mind the texture with all the pulp in it?Kuby>> I AM SO EXCITED!!!> > I bought this citrus press and it came yesterday. > http://www.amazon.com/Hamilton-Beach-932-Commercial-Citrus/dp/B00015NN0S> > I wanted to see if the rack and pinion design pressed the juice out of a nut milk bag, and got the pulp as dry as I can get it with my hands. Not only did it work… it got the pulp MUCH dryer!!!

A follow up on this post for anyone interested in why I eat a raw egg yolk (or two) every day.Benefits of raw egg yolk:http://www.cholesterol-and-health.com/Egg_Yolk.htmlFrom reading this article, I am going to reconsider consuming the cooked egg white! Lucky for me, my eggs come from truly free-range chickens about 5 houses down the street in my neighborhood! Also, down the road, I plan to alternate the bone-broth soup for dinner, with various steamed veggie dishes and/or a veggie soup (like my collard/kale/spinach soups or asparagus, or cauliflower, or carrot, or fill-in-the-blank veggie soup) and a small portion of organic meat for variation. I don't do so well (currently) with legumes (beans) and this is sad because I LOVE beans! If I heal or get better at digesting them, in the future I'd be very happy to replace some of my organic meat servings with beans!

On Jan 22, 2012, at 8:55 AM, Lea Ann Savage wrote:

You are welcome Lucille,I don't want to overwhelm new Vitamix owners with the idea that they SHOULD do it this way. I've been at this for 4 years, and in the beginning, just drinking a Green Smoothie + getting off of wheat and sugar turned my life around in a major way!I had a second health crisis about 2 years ago, and have been working like crazy trying different things (diets/ways of eating) to find what will help me. I've finally hit on what is working best for me (RIGHT NOW - things are always evolving with my diet :-) IF I hadn't had the second health crash (adrenals an thyroid shot) I would probably still be doing fine with just no sugar, no wheat, and a Green Smoothie (or blended salad) daily.Now, I have to do "radical" things (diet wise) because I am coming from a position of being VERY sick (and very tired). I do some things that are a pretty radical departure from what "normal" people do, because I have such a physically demanding job (when I am at a show) and such a stress-damaged body.I am certain that for most people, Green Smoothies all by themselves (SO EASY TO DO) are extremely beneficial!!!But I can assure anyone who is facing serious exhaustion and who is willing to spend the time, energy, and money on juicing a pound of greens per day, that they WILL feel different (better). It is not possible not to!For anyone who is interested… here is an outline of my "current" diet:AM- a small bowl of fermented veggies- about 1/4 cup of organic, grass fed and grass finished ground beef (I keep a large bowl of already cooked ground beef in the fridge and just warm up a little bit)- coffee (my one indulgence) 1/2 organic regular, 1/2 organic decaff (water processed) full-fat coconut milk for cream, stevia- a spoon full of coconut butter (or a coconut bite) to end the meal (I make my own coconut butter from dried, unsweetened, coconut flakes sweetened with stevia)LUNCH- one pound of Greens Juiced (pulp made in a Vitamix, then strained in a nut milk bag) I add this juice to one of the following (which I blend in the Vitamix WITHOUT removing or straining out the fiber):- 1/2 apple, 1/2 lime, 2 carrots, ginger, one clove garlicor- berries (usually a triple berry mix like raspberries, blueberries, blackberries)or- cucumber, red pepper, celery, 2 carrots, 1/2 avocadoI follow lunch with a hand full of walnuts or almonds and a spoon full of coconut butter (or a coconut bite) or 1/2 of an avocado if the avocado wasn't in my green mix.DINNER:- A soup made with Bone Broth as the foundation (learned of the importance of bone broths from the GAPS diet) with some of the meat that was on the bones and whatever veggies I cooked it in. I use Organic bones and meat. I make bone broths from beef bones (joints, ox tail, marrow bones, etc.) chicken, and turkey bones.- After this soup is hot, I crack an egg over it letting the whites fall in and cook, and I slurp down the yolk raw. (this is discussed in the GAPS diet too) - dinner is followed by a spoon full of coconut butter (or coconut bites). Coconut is my dessert, and the sweet signals the end of a meal for me.This diet has cured my insomnia, ended my PMS, stabilized my hypoglycemia, helped me drop 4 lbs. (I was already at a very healthy weight wearing a size 8 jeans but now they fit better :-), and VASTLY increased my energy - I run circles around my lazy kids. ;-)

Lucille

Hello Kuby,

Do I need this kind of diet! I'm always so tired and thought "what do I expect being an old lady". I'm 82 and I know I could improve my health with a decent diet. At this rate I'll never live to be as old as my mother was when she died at 103 yrs old. But my mother was always very healthy and lots of energy. What did her in was, she was still living in her own apartment at 100 yrs old and she fell and broke her hip. She broke it when she was 90 and recovered completely. this time she didn't want to go thru the rehab. So she just spent the rest of her life in a nursing home. She was 2 months short of 104 yrs old.

Thanks for all this information Lea Ann. Now I need to get my butt and go grocery shopping.

Lucille

Sent: Sunday, January 22, 2012 8:55 AM

You are welcome Lucille,

I don't want to overwhelm new Vitamix owners with the idea that they SHOULD do it this way. I've been at this for 4 years, and in the beginning, just drinking a Green Smoothie + getting off of wheat and sugar turned my life around in a major way!

I had a second health crisis about 2 years ago, and have been working like crazy trying different things (diets/ways of eating) to find what will help me. I've finally hit on what is working best for me (RIGHT NOW - things are always evolving with my diet :-) IF I hadn't had the second health crash (adrenals an thyroid shot) I would probably still be doing fine with just no sugar, no wheat, and a Green Smoothie (or blended salad) daily.

Now, I have to do "radical" things (diet wise) because I am coming from a position of being VERY sick (and very tired). I do some things that are a pretty radical departure from what "normal" people do, because I have such a physically demanding job (when I am at a show) and such a stress-damaged body.

I am certain that for most people, Green Smoothies all by themselves (SO EASY TO DO) are extremely beneficial!!!

But I can assure anyone who is facing serious exhaustion and who is willing to spend the time, energy, and money on juicing a pound of greens per day, that they WILL feel different (better). It is not possible not to!

For anyone who is interested… here is an outline of my "current" diet:

AM- a small bowl of fermented veggies- about 1/4 cup of organic, grass fed and grass finished ground beef (I keep a large bowl of already cooked ground beef in the fridge and just warm up a little bit)- coffee (my one indulgence) 1/2 organic regular, 1/2 organic decaff (water processed) full-fat coconut milk for cream, stevia- a spoon full of coconut butter (or a coconut bite) to end the meal (I make my own coconut butter from dried, unsweetened, coconut flakes sweetened with stevia)LUNCH- one pound of Greens Juiced (pulp made in a Vitamix, then strained in a nut milk bag)

I add this juice to one of the following (which I blend in the Vitamix WITHOUT removing or straining out the fiber):- 1/2 apple, 1/2 lime, 2 carrots, ginger, one clove garlicor- berries (usually a triple berry mix like raspberries, blueberries, blackberries)or- cucumber, red pepper, celery, 2 carrots, 1/2 avocadoI follow lunch with a hand full of walnuts or almonds and a spoon full of coconut butter (or a coconut bite) or 1/2 of an avocado if the avocado wasn't in my green mix.DINNER:- A soup made with Bone Broth as the foundation (learned of the importance of bone broths from the GAPS diet) with some of the meat that was on the bones and whatever veggies I cooked it in. I use Organic bones and meat. I make bone broths from beef bones (joints, ox tail, marrow bones, etc.) chicken, and turkey bones.- After this soup is hot, I crack an egg over it letting the whites fall in and cook, and I slurp down the yolk raw. (this is discussed in the GAPS diet too) - dinner is followed by a spoon full of coconut butter (or coconut bites). Coconut is my dessert, and the sweet signals the end of a meal for me.This diet has cured my insomnia, ended my PMS, stabilized my hypoglycemia, helped me drop 4 lbs. (I was already at a very healthy weight wearing a size 8 jeans but now they fit better :-), and VASTLY increased my energy - I run circles around my lazy kids. ;-)

Lucille

Hello Kuby,

Lucille--You are MY inspiration!!!StaceyOn Sun, Jan 22, 2012 at 1:12 PM, Lucille <lschacht@...> wrote:

Do I need this kind of diet!   I'm always so tired and thought " what do I expect being an old lady " .   I'm 82 and I know I could improve my health with a decent diet.  At this rate I'll never live to be as old as my mother was when she died at 103 yrs old.    But my mother was always very healthy and lots of energy.   What did her in was,  she was still living in her own apartment at 100 yrs old and she fell and broke her hip.    She broke it when she was 90 and recovered completely.  this time she didn't want to go thru the rehab.  So she just spent the rest of her life in a nursing home.  She was 2 months short of 104 yrs old.

Thanks for all this information Lea Ann.   Now I need to get my butt and go grocery shopping.   

Lucille

You are welcome Lucille,

I don't want to overwhelm new Vitamix owners with the idea that they SHOULD do it this way.  I've been at this for 4 years, and in the beginning, just drinking a Green Smoothie + getting off of wheat and sugar turned my life around in a major way!

I had a second health crisis about 2 years ago, and have been working like crazy trying different things (diets/ways of eating) to find what will help me.  I've finally hit on what is working best for me (RIGHT NOW - things are always evolving with my diet :-)  IF I hadn't had the second health crash (adrenals an thyroid shot) I would probably still be doing fine with just no sugar, no wheat, and a Green Smoothie (or blended salad) daily.

Now, I have to do " radical " things (diet wise) because I am coming from a position of being VERY sick (and very tired).  I do some things that are a pretty radical departure from what " normal " people do, because I have such a physically demanding job (when I am at a show) and such a stress-damaged body.

I am certain that for most people, Green Smoothies all by themselves (SO EASY TO DO) are extremely beneficial!!!

But I can assure anyone who is facing serious exhaustion and who is willing to spend the time, energy, and money on juicing a pound of greens per day, that they WILL feel different (better).  It is not possible not to!

For anyone who is interested… here is an outline of my " current " diet:

AM- a small bowl of fermented veggies- about 1/4 cup of organic, grass fed and grass finished ground beef (I keep a large bowl of already cooked ground beef in the fridge and just warm up a little bit)- coffee (my one indulgence) 1/2 organic regular, 1/2 organic decaff (water processed) full-fat coconut milk for cream, stevia- a spoon full of coconut butter (or a coconut bite) to end the meal (I make my own coconut butter from dried, unsweetened, coconut flakes sweetened with stevia)LUNCH- one pound of Greens Juiced (pulp made in a Vitamix, then strained in a nut milk bag) 

I add this juice to one of the following (which I blend in the Vitamix WITHOUT removing or straining out the fiber):- 1/2 apple, 1/2 lime, 2 carrots, ginger, one clove garlicor- berries (usually a triple berry mix like raspberries, blueberries, blackberries)or- cucumber, red pepper, celery, 2 carrots, 1/2 avocadoI follow lunch with a hand full of walnuts or almonds and a spoon full of coconut butter (or a coconut bite) or 1/2 of an avocado if the avocado wasn't in my green mix.DINNER:- A soup made with Bone Broth as the foundation (learned of the importance of bone broths from the GAPS diet) with some of the meat that was on the bones and whatever veggies I cooked it in.  I use Organic bones and meat.  I make bone broths from beef bones (joints, ox tail, marrow bones, etc.) chicken, and turkey bones.- After this soup is hot, I crack an egg over it letting the whites fall in and cook, and I slurp down the yolk raw. (this is discussed in the GAPS diet too) - dinner is followed by a spoon full of coconut butter (or coconut bites).  Coconut is my dessert, and the sweet signals the end of a meal for me.This diet has cured my insomnia, ended my PMS, stabilized my hypoglycemia, helped me drop 4 lbs. (I was already at a very healthy weight wearing a size 8 jeans but now they fit better :-), and VASTLY increased my energy - I run circles around my lazy kids.  ;-)

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.VitamixLady.comwww..com

<:)))><

Wow!   That's a good lesson on juicing Lea Ann.  I never would have thought of that.    What to juice and what to blend.    I'll have to try that.   Thanks.

Lucille

Hello Kuby,

In order to get the nutrients from a Full POUND of greens - I juice JUST the greens.  Juiced Greens (with the fiber removed) don't have a negative effect on my blood sugar levels, but if I remove the fiber from:  fruits, carrots, or beets, there is a negative effect on my blood sugar levels (fiber helps slow the release of sugar into your blood stream).

The reason I juice the greens instead of blending them with the fiber (like I used to in my Green Smoothies) is that I can get a full pound of greens into a 2-3 cup portion, but if I retained the fiber, I would only be able to get about 1/3 of a pound of greens in the same 2-3 cups.  Juicing Greens is a great way to increase the Volume of nutrients I am getting from greens, and the nutrients in greens are SO GOOD for me.  I've felt FANTASTIC ever since I started drinking the Juice from a pound of greens per day.

So, getting more nutrients in a smaller volume is one of the benefits of pure juices over smoothies (where GREENS are concerned).  But what is a benefit where greens are concerned can be a detriment where fruits and sweet veggies like beets and carrots are concerned because the same concept (I can get more of the nutrients in the same volume if the fiber is removed).  The sugars are more concentrated where fruits, beets, and carrots are concerned.  If you keep the fiber in, you might only use 2-3 carrots, but if you remove the fiber, you would be getting the nutrients (and all of the sugars) of 6-7 or more carrots in the same volume!

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.VitamixLady.comwww..com

<:)))><

Thank you Stacey. I guess you know that as long as we're alive, we just have to keep on pushing to keep going. So my goal is to try and be able to do what I enjoy doing. To be able to do that I need to be decently healthy. I can't understand people who say they are bored. It seem there's always something of interest to keep you searching for more.

Lucille

Sent: Sunday, January 22, 2012 3:57 PM

Lucille--You are MY inspiration!!!Stacey

On Sun, Jan 22, 2012 at 1:12 PM, Lucille <lschacht@...> wrote:

Do I need this kind of diet! I'm always so tired and thought "what do I expect being an old lady". I'm 82 and I know I could improve my health with a decent diet. At this rate I'll never live to be as old as my mother was when she died at 103 yrs old. But my mother was always very healthy and lots of energy. What did her in was, she was still living in her own apartment at 100 yrs old and she fell and broke her hip. She broke it when she was 90 and recovered completely. this time she didn't want to go thru the rehab. So she just spent the rest of her life in a nursing home. She was 2 months short of 104 yrs old.

Thanks for all this information Lea Ann. Now I need to get my butt and go grocery shopping.

Lucille

You are welcome Lucille,

I don't want to overwhelm new Vitamix owners with the idea that they SHOULD do it this way. I've been at this for 4 years, and in the beginning, just drinking a Green Smoothie + getting off of wheat and sugar turned my life around in a major way!

I had a second health crisis about 2 years ago, and have been working like crazy trying different things (diets/ways of eating) to find what will help me. I've finally hit on what is working best for me (RIGHT NOW - things are always evolving with my diet :-) IF I hadn't had the second health crash (adrenals an thyroid shot) I would probably still be doing fine with just no sugar, no wheat, and a Green Smoothie (or blended salad) daily.

Now, I have to do "radical" things (diet wise) because I am coming from a position of being VERY sick (and very tired). I do some things that are a pretty radical departure from what "normal" people do, because I have such a physically demanding job (when I am at a show) and such a stress-damaged body.

But I can assure anyone who is facing serious exhaustion and who is willing to spend the time, energy, and money on juicing a pound of greens per day, that they WILL feel different (better). It is not possible not to!

For anyone who is interested… here is an outline of my "current" diet:

I add this juice to one of the following (which I blend in the Vitamix WITHOUT removing or straining out the fiber):- 1/2 apple, 1/2 lime, 2 carrots, ginger, one clove garlicor- berries (usually a triple berry mix like raspberries, blueberries, blackberries)or- cucumber, red pepper, celery, 2 carrots, 1/2 avocadoI follow lunch with a hand full of walnuts or almonds and a spoon full of coconut butter (or a coconut bite) or 1/2 of an avocado if the avocado wasn't in my green mix.DINNER:- A soup made with Bone Broth as the foundation (learned of the importance of bone broths from the GAPS diet) with some of the meat that was on the bones and whatever veggies I cooked it in. I use Organic bones and meat. I make bone broths from beef bones (joints, ox tail, marrow bones, etc.) chicken, and turkey bones.- After this soup is hot, I crack an egg over it letting the whites fall in and cook, and I slurp down the yolk raw. (this is discussed in the GAPS diet too) - dinner is followed by a spoon full of coconut butter (or coconut bites). Coconut is my dessert, and the sweet signals the end of a meal for me.This diet has cured my insomnia, ended my PMS, stabilized my hypoglycemia, helped me drop 4 lbs. (I was already at a very healthy weight wearing a size 8 jeans but now they fit better :-), and VASTLY increased my energy - I run circles around my lazy kids. ;-)

Lucille

Hello Kuby,

You are one of my heroes Lucille! Keep on being a good example.

Velda

On 1/22/2012 2:56 PM, Lucille wrote:

Thank

you Stacey.    I guess you know that as long as we're

alive,  we just have to keep on pushing to keep going.    So

my goal is to try and be able to do what I enjoy doing.   To

be able to do that I need to be decently healthy.    I can't

understand people who say they are bored.    It seem there's

always something of interest to keep you searching for more.

Lucille

Sent: Sunday, January 22, 2012 3:57 PM

Subject: Re: My Juice Press

Experiment - it worked GREAT!

Lucille--You are MY inspiration!!!

Stacey

On Sun, Jan 22, 2012 at 1:12 PM, Lucille

<lschacht@...>

wrote:

Do I need this kind of diet!   I'm

always so tired and thought "what do I expect

being an old lady".   I'm 82 and I know I could

improve my health with a decent diet.  At this

rate I'll never live to be as old as my mother

was when she died at 103 yrs old.    But my

mother was always very healthy and lots of

energy.   What did her in was,  she was still

living in her own apartment at 100 yrs old and

she fell and broke her hip.    She broke it when

she was 90 and recovered completely.  this time

she didn't want to go thru the rehab.  So she

just spent the rest of her life in a nursing

home.  She was 2 months short of 104 yrs old.

Thanks for all this information Lea

Ann.   Now I need to get my butt and go grocery

shopping.   

Lucille

Subject: Re:

My Juice Press Experiment - it worked GREAT!

You are welcome Lucille,

I don't want to overwhelm new Vitamix owners

with the idea that they SHOULD do it this way.

I've been at this for 4 years, and in the

beginning, just drinking a Green Smoothie +

getting off of wheat and sugar turned my life

around in a major way!

I had a second health crisis about 2 years

ago, and have been working like crazy trying

different things (diets/ways of eating) to find

what will help me.  I've finally hit on what is

working best for me (RIGHT NOW - things are

always evolving with my diet :-)  IF I hadn't

had the second health crash (adrenals an thyroid

shot) I would probably still be doing fine with

just no sugar, no wheat, and a Green Smoothie

(or blended salad) daily.

Now, I have to do "radical" things (diet

wise) because I am coming from a position of

being VERY sick (and very tired).  I do some

things that are a pretty radical departure from

what "normal" people do, because I have such a

physically demanding job (when I am at a show)

and such a stress-damaged body.

I am certain that for most people, Green

Smoothies all by themselves (SO EASY TO DO) are

extremely beneficial!!!

But I can assure anyone who is facing serious

exhaustion and who is willing to spend the time,

energy, and money on juicing a pound of greens

per day, that they WILL feel different (better).

It is not possible not to!

For anyone who is interested… here is an

outline of my "current" diet:

AM

- a small bowl of fermented veggies

- about 1/4 cup of organic, grass fed and grass

finished ground beef (I keep a large bowl of

already cooked ground beef in the fridge and

just warm up a little bit)

- coffee (my one indulgence) 1/2 organic

regular, 1/2 organic decaff (water processed)

full-fat coconut milk for cream, stevia

- a spoon full of coconut butter (or a coconut

bite) to end the meal (I make my own coconut

butter from dried, unsweetened, coconut flakes

sweetened with stevia)

LUNCH

- one pound of Greens Juiced (pulp made in a

Vitamix, then strained in a nut milk bag) 

I add this juice to one of the following

(which I blend in the Vitamix WITHOUT removing

or straining out the fiber):

- 1/2 apple, 1/2 lime, 2 carrots, ginger, one

clove garlic

or

- berries (usually a triple berry mix like

raspberries, blueberries, blackberries)

or

- cucumber, red pepper, celery, 2 carrots, 1/2

avocado

I follow lunch with a hand full of walnuts or

almonds and a spoon full of coconut butter (or a

coconut bite) or 1/2 of an avocado if the

avocado wasn't in my green mix.

DINNER:

- A soup made with Bone Broth as the foundation

(learned of the importance of bone broths from

the GAPS diet) with some of the meat that was on

the bones and whatever veggies I cooked it in.

I use Organic bones and meat.  I make bone

broths from beef bones (joints, ox tail, marrow

bones, etc.) chicken, and turkey bones.

- After this soup is hot, I crack an egg over it

letting the whites fall in and cook, and I slurp

down the yolk raw. (this is discussed in the

GAPS diet too) 

- dinner is followed by a spoon full of coconut

butter (or coconut bites).  Coconut is my

dessert, and the sweet signals the end of a meal

for me.

This diet has cured my insomnia, ended my PMS,