RemedySpot.com

Re: Thyroid; was Re: Hair Loss

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Sharon if you aren't on any thyroid meds and have a nodule then yes I would limit the cruciferous veggies.  If you are on meds then the veggies should be ok. At least this is what I have gathered from my reading and the thyroid group I belong to.

StaceyOn Sat, Jan 21, 2012 at 2:44 PM, <sharonbee2@...> wrote:

>

> Hi Kathy M and LU:

> I've read from a number of sources that low thyroid hormone levels can cause hair loss in some individuals that have this problem. A low iodine level is most often associated with a low thyroid hormone level. So doing some research on this subject, and getting appropriate testing might be helpful.

>

> Lynn

>

<snip>

I also have a problem with hair loss (male pattern, it seems to me!), and I have low thyroid levels. (I also think that it could be because of menopause.) What makes me mad is that *I* pointed out the problem to my doc (slightly enlarged thyroid lobes). I had ultrasounds / scans and they found a small innocent-looking nodule. I'm not under any treatment, however. All they want to do is get ultrasounds! So, speaking of thyroid -- and to keep on-topic! -- should kale (and other cruciferous veggies) be kept to a minimum in green smoothies?

Wondering,

Sharon

How about seaweeds in you smoothies. Would that help?

Lucille

--------------------------------------------------

Sent: Saturday, January 21, 2012 3:44 PM

< >

Subject: Thyroid; was Re: Hair Loss

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>>

>> Hi Kathy M and LU:

>> I've read from a number of sources that low thyroid hormone levels can

>> cause hair loss in some individuals that have this problem. A low iodine

>> level is most often associated with a low thyroid hormone level. So doing

>> some research on this subject, and getting appropriate testing might be

>> helpful.

>>

>> Lynn

>>

>

> <snip>

>

> I also have a problem with hair loss (male pattern, it seems to me!), and

> I have low thyroid levels. (I also think that it could be because of

> menopause.) What makes me mad is that *I* pointed out the problem to my

> doc (slightly enlarged thyroid lobes). I had ultrasounds / scans and they

> found a small innocent-looking nodule. I'm not under any treatment,

> however. All they want to do is get ultrasounds! So, speaking of

> thyroid -- and to keep on-topic! -- should kale (and other cruciferous

> veggies) be kept to a minimum in green smoothies?

>

> Wondering,

>

> Sharon

>

>

>

> ------------------------------------

>

>

After reading your message with the Wiki link, I contacted my endocrinologist to see if I should limit my consumption of the raw kale. He wrote back saying that my iodine levels have remained stable for the past years (with the thyroid meds I take) and he didn't feel any need to make a change from what I've been doding.Ginny From: ssummers1 tds.net <ssummers1@...> To:

Sent: Saturday, January 21, 2012 1:13 PM Subject: Re: Thyroid; was Re: Hair Loss

Sharon if you aren't on any thyroid meds and have a nodule then yes I would limit the cruciferous veggies. If you are on meds then the veggies should be ok. At least this is what I have gathered from my reading and the thyroid group I belong to.

>

> Hi Kathy M and LU:

> I've read from a number of sources that low thyroid hormone levels can cause hair loss in some individuals that have this problem. A low iodine level is most often associated with a low thyroid hormone level. So doing some research on this subject, and getting appropriate testing might be helpful.

>

> Lynn

>

<snip>

I also have a problem with hair loss (male pattern, it seems to me!), and I have low thyroid levels. (I also think that it could be because of menopause.) What makes me mad is that *I* pointed out the problem to my doc (slightly enlarged thyroid lobes). I had ultrasounds / scans and they found a small innocent-looking nodule. I'm not under any treatment, however. All they want to do is get ultrasounds! So, speaking of thyroid -- and to keep on-topic! -- should kale (and other cruciferous veggies) be kept to a minimum in green smoothies?

Wondering,

Sharon

Hello Ginny,There is a link on this page /linkstitled "Goiterogens - should you eat greens if you have thyroid issues?"(they are filed alphabetically)There is a lot of good information at this link...

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Jan 21, 2012, at 6:17 PM, Ginny Welton wrote:

After reading your message with the Wiki link, I contacted my endocrinologist to see if I should limit my consumption of the raw kale. He wrote back saying that my iodine levels have remained stable for the past years (with the thyroid meds I take) and he didn't feel any need to make a change from what I've been doding.Ginny From: ssummers1 tds.net <ssummers1@...> To:

Sent: Saturday, January 21, 2012 1:13 PM Subject: Re: Thyroid; was Re: Hair Loss

Sharon if you aren't on any thyroid meds and have a nodule then yes I would limit the cruciferous veggies. If you are on meds then the veggies should be ok. At least this is what I have gathered from my reading and the thyroid group I belong to.

>

> Hi Kathy M and LU:

>

> Lynn

>

<snip>

Wondering,

Sharon

Thanks, Lea Ann. You are a wealth of informtion. Wish I were in FL so I could attend one of your demos!Ginny From: Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> Sent: Saturday, January 21, 2012 7:15 PM Subject: Re: Thyroid; was Re: Hair Loss

Hello Ginny,There is a link on this page /linkstitled "Goiterogens - should you eat greens if you have thyroid issues?"(they are filed alphabetically)There is a lot of good information at this link...

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

>

> Hi Kathy M and LU:

>

> Lynn

>

<snip>

Wondering,

Sharon

Not sure if I said thanks, but just to be sure, THANKS, Lea Ann!Ginny From: Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> Sent: Saturday, January 21, 2012 7:15 PM Subject: Re: Thyroid; was Re: Hair Loss

>

> Hi Kathy M and LU:

>

> Lynn

>

<snip>

Wondering,

Sharon

You are WELCOME! :-)

On Jan 22, 2012, at 6:21 PM, Ginny Welton wrote:

Not sure if I said thanks, but just to be sure, THANKS, Lea Ann!Ginny From: Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> Sent: Saturday, January 21, 2012 7:15 PM Subject: Re: Thyroid; was Re: Hair Loss

>

> Hi Kathy M and LU:

>

> Lynn

>

<snip>

Wondering,

Sharon