RemedySpot.com

VM Spatulars

Rate this topic

Guest guest

http://www.amazon.com/Vitamix-3-piece-spatula-4-piece-cutting/dp/B001ECLFDO/ref=\

sr_1_2?ie=UTF8 & qid=1326931141 & sr=8-2

Yesterday I received from Amazon a set of 3 Vitamix spatulas and a set of 4

thin flexible cutting boards. The boards can be bend like a scoop to pour

the cut food into the blender. The cost $35.90 including shipping.

Lucille

--------------------------------------------------

Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2012 6:15 PM

< >

Subject: Re: What I had and what I did

> Thanks Lea Anne, and Lucille,

>

> Paydirt: in the loose leaf book thingie that I had for the VM, were both

> the original docs and the grain cookbook.

>

> , funny thing about these lists... I'm a bit of a kitchen appliance

> addict. For years I'd post my favorite recipes on these types of board and

> it sure came in handy when I moved and had no cookbooks. I was able to

> search my groups and find my recipes. (Of course that was before the

> iPad.) Another way I have of remembering my recipes is by blogging. How

> exciting to be alive at such a time when technology makes everything more

> fun.

>

> I just watched the VM vs the Blendtec video's. What a kick!

>

> Kuby

> kuby2u.wordpress.com

>

>

>>

>>

>> That sounds wonderful,, Kuby! Nice to see you being adventurous and just

>> throwing what sounds good-that's how some of the best " recipes " come

>> about-my problem is I can never repeat things as I rarely remember what

>> went in in the first place, lol. You can leave " that puppy " running for

>> a good long time on high-I throw in my soup ingredients and go take a

>> shower, come back to piping hot soup! It is probably not recommended to

>> leave the machine unattended, but I have been for over 25 years with no

>> problems, lol. Good luck with further experiments!

>

>

>

>

> ------------------------------------

>

>

Lucille,

I've seen those spatulas a while ago. The price just seemed so steep to me for

what you get. I have a set of Ray spatulas and one of them is that

narrow. They are silicon.

Enjoy them! I bet they'll be great for getting things like hummus out. You want

to be sure to get every drop.

Kuby

kuby2u.wordpress.com

>

>

http://www.amazon.com/Vitamix-3-piece-spatula-4-piece-cutting/dp/B001ECLFDO/ref=\

>

> Yesterday I received from Amazon a set of 3 Vitamix spatulas and a set of 4

> thin flexible cutting boards. The boards can be bend like a scoop to pour

> the cut food into the blender. The cost $35.90 including shipping.

Oh, you will fit RIGHT in here, Kuby-lots of kitchen gadget divas on this list!

I have to have every gadget that comes down the pike, if only to try it! Good

fun!

> >>

> >>

> >> That sounds wonderful,, Kuby! Nice to see you being adventurous and just

> >> throwing what sounds good-that's how some of the best " recipes " come

> >> about-my problem is I can never repeat things as I rarely remember what

> >> went in in the first place, lol. You can leave " that puppy " running for

> >> a good long time on high-I throw in my soup ingredients and go take a

> >> shower, come back to piping hot soup! It is probably not recommended to

> >> leave the machine unattended, but I have been for over 25 years with no

> >> problems, lol. Good luck with further experiments!

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > ------------------------------------

> >

> >

I have the Vitamix spatulas, but I came across a gadget in a kitchen shop the

other day that looked like it would be perfect for the Vitamix-and it IS!!! It

is called a mayonaise jar scraper-perfect for getting under the blades. Here is

a link to show what it looks like-I know nothing about this seller, and I only

paid 2.95 for mine in the kitchen store.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mayo-Knife-Spreader-Jar-Scraper-NEW-/270885215188#ht_184\

2wt_802

> >

> >

> >

> > Yesterday I received from Amazon a set of 3 Vitamix spatulas and a set of 4

> > thin flexible cutting boards. The boards can be bend like a scoop to pour

> > the cut food into the blender. The cost $35.90 including shipping.

>

I don't own Vitamix spatulas but I do own the flexible cutting boards and I like them a lot!

Fran

In a message dated 1/18/2012 7:10:24 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, lschacht@... writes:

http://www.amazon.com/Vitamix-3-piece-spatula-4-piece-cutting/dp/B001ECLFDO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8 & qid=1326931141 & sr=8-2Yesterday I received from Amazon a set of 3 Vitamix spatulas and a set of 4 thin flexible cutting boards. The boards can be bend like a scoop to pour the cut food into the blender. The cost $35.90 including shipping.Lucille--------------------------------------------------From: "kuby2u" <kubymccarty@...>Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2012 6:15 PM< >Subject: Re: What I had and what I did> Thanks Lea Anne, and Lucille,>> Paydirt: in the loose leaf book thingie that I had for the VM, were both > the original docs and the grain cookbook.>> , funny thing about these lists... I'm a bit of a kitchen appliance > addict. For years I'd post my favorite recipes on these types of board and > it sure came in handy when I moved and had no cookbooks. I was able to > search my groups and find my recipes. (Of course that was before the > iPad.) Another way I have of remembering my recipes is by blogging. How > exciting to be alive at such a time when technology makes everything more > fun.>> I just watched the VM vs the Blendtec video's. What a kick!>> Kuby> kuby2u.wordpress.com>> >>>>>> That sounds wonderful,, Kuby! Nice to see you being adventurous and just >> throwing what sounds good-that's how some of the best "recipes" come >> about-my problem is I can never repeat things as I rarely remember what >> went in in the first place, lol. You can leave "that puppy" running for >> a good long time on high-I throw in my soup ingredients and go take a >> shower, come back to piping hot soup! It is probably not recommended to >> leave the machine unattended, but I have been for over 25 years with no >> problems, lol. Good luck with further experiments!>>>>> ------------------------------------>>

I don't like the spatulas, and in fact, if someone were close by, I would give them to them. Glad to hear the cutting boards are good!!Ginny From: "fradal@..." <fradal@...> Sent: Thursday, January 19, 2012 6:39 AM Subject: Re: VM

Spatulars

I don't own Vitamix spatulas but I do own the flexible cutting boards and I like them a lot!

Fran

In a message dated 1/18/2012 7:10:24 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, lschacht@... writes:

http://www.amazon.com/Vitamix-3-piece-spatula-4-piece-cutting/dp/B001ECLFDO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8 & qid=1326931141 & sr=8-2Yesterday I received from Amazon a set of 3 Vitamix spatulas and a set of 4 thin flexible cutting boards. The boards can be bend like a scoop to pour the cut food into the blender. The cost $35.90 including shipping.Lucille--------------------------------------------------From: "kuby2u" <kubymccarty@...>Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2012 6:15 PM< >Subject: Re: What I had and what I did> Thanks Lea Anne, and Lucille,>> Paydirt: in the loose leaf book thingie that I had for the VM, were both > the original docs and the grain cookbook.>> , funny thing about these lists... I'm a bit of a kitchen appliance > addict. For years I'd post my favorite recipes on these types of board and > it sure came in handy when I moved and had no cookbooks. I was able to > search my groups and find my recipes. (Of course that was before the > iPad.) Another way I have of remembering my recipes is by blogging. How > exciting to be alive at such a time when technology makes everything more > fun.>> I just watched the VM vs the Blendtec video's. What a kick!>> Kuby> kuby2u.wordpress.com>> >>>>>> That sounds wonderful,, Kuby! Nice to see you being adventurous and just >> throwing what sounds good-that's how some of the best "recipes" come >> about-my problem is I can never repeat things as I rarely remember what >> went in in the first place, lol. You can leave "that puppy" running for >> a good long time on high-I throw in my soup ingredients and go take a >> shower, come back to piping hot soup! It is probably not recommended to >> leave the machine unattended, but I have been for over 25 years with no >> problems, lol. Good luck with further experiments!>>>>> ------------------------------------>>

Wow - I couldn't live without my VM spatulas! I've purchased just about every possible kind of narrow spatula out there hoping to find something better, but it is the firm edges and shape of the rounded point, and the narrow size that work for me.Ginny - have you found something that works better for you to get things out of the bottom of the container? I am always looking for something better! :-)

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Jan 19, 2012, at 12:47 PM, Ginny Welton wrote:

I don't like the spatulas, and in fact, if someone were close by, I would give them to them. Glad to hear the cutting boards are good!!Ginny From: "fradal@..." <fradal@...> Sent: Thursday, January 19, 2012 6:39 AM Subject: Re: VM

Spatulars

Fran

I like mine too and they are the only ones I'll use in my VM.  I have Pampered Chef scrapers that I love but they are soft on the end and always get caught in the VM blades so I don't use them in my VM anymore.

RenaIf God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.Happy moments, praise God.

Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 10:51 AM, Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> wrote:

Wow - I couldn't live without my VM spatulas!  I've purchased just about every possible kind of narrow spatula out there hoping to find something better, but it is the firm edges and shape of the rounded point, and the narrow size that work for me.

Ginny - have you found something that works better for you to get things out of the bottom of the container?  I am always looking for something better!  :-)

Blessings,Lea Ann Savage

Satellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.VitamixLady.com

))><'>www..com<:)))><

I don't like the spatulas, and in fact, if someone were close by, I would give them to them.  Glad to hear the cutting boards are good!!

Ginny

Sent: Thursday, January 19, 2012 6:39 AM

Subject: Re: VM

Spatulars

Fran

http://www.amazon.com/Vitamix-3-piece-spatula-4-piece-cutting/dp/B001ECLFDO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8 & qid=1326931141 & sr=8-2

Yesterday I received from Amazon a set of 3 Vitamix spatulas and a set of 4 thin flexible cutting boards. The boards can be bend like a scoop to pour the cut food into the blender. The cost $35.90 including shipping.Lucille--------------------------------------------------From: " kuby2u " <kubymccarty@...>Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2012 6:15 PM< >

Subject: Re: What I had and what I did> Thanks Lea Anne, and Lucille,>> Paydirt: in the loose leaf book thingie that I had for the VM, were both > the original docs and the grain cookbook.>> , funny thing about these lists... I'm a bit of a kitchen appliance > addict. For years I'd post my favorite recipes on these types of board and > it sure came in handy when I moved and had no cookbooks. I was able to > search my groups and find my recipes. (Of course that was before the > iPad.) Another way I have of remembering my recipes is by blogging. How > exciting to be alive at such a time when technology makes everything more > fun.>> I just watched the VM vs the Blendtec video's. What a kick!>> Kuby> kuby2u.wordpress.com>> >>>>>> That sounds wonderful,, Kuby! Nice to see you being adventurous and just >> throwing what sounds good-that's how some of the best " recipes " come >> about-my problem is I can never repeat things as I rarely remember what >> went in in the first place, lol. You can leave " that puppy " running for >> a good long time on high-I throw in my soup ingredients and go take a >> shower, come back to piping hot soup! It is probably not recommended to >> leave the machine unattended, but I have been for over 25 years with no >> problems, lol. Good luck with further experiments!>>>>> ------------------------------------>>

Ginny,

I can get close-by....

Seriously, what don't you like about them?

>

> I don't like the spatulas, and in fact, if someone were close by, I would give

them to them.  Glad to hear the cutting boards are good!!

>

> Ginny

I like the silicon spatulas, only a certain one I like, I think it is an Oxo. At least for the things that I make, I can scrape down the sides and get all the goodies so much easier. Maybe not under the blades, and maybe that would be where the vitamix spatula shines...and if I start making nut butters, maybe I'll think differently!! I plan on making coconut butter next, and I'll try the vitamix spatula with that and see what I think.Ginny From: Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> Sent: Thursday, January 19, 2012 9:51 AM Subject: Re: VM Spatulars

Wow - I couldn't live without my VM spatulas! I've purchased just about every possible kind of narrow spatula out there hoping to find something better, but it is the firm edges and shape of the rounded point, and the narrow size that work for me.Ginny - have you found something that works better for you to get things out of the bottom of the container? I am always looking for something better! :-)

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

Spatulars

Fran

Don't forget that if you make nut butter, you can purposely leave plenty on the sides and under the blades and make a recipe that uses nut butter like a peanut butter, banana, chocolate smoothie!

On Jan 19, 2012, at 7:58 PM, Ginny Welton wrote:

I like the silicon spatulas, only a certain one I like, I think it is an Oxo. At least for the things that I make, I can scrape down the sides and get all the goodies so much easier. Maybe not under the blades, and maybe that would be where the vitamix spatula shines...and if I start making nut butters, maybe I'll think differently!! I plan on making coconut butter next, and I'll try the vitamix spatula with that and see what I think.Ginny From: Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> Sent: Thursday, January 19, 2012 9:51 AM Subject: Re: VM Spatulars

Spatulars

Fran

Hmmmm, yum, and then I don't have to get every little bit out, but leave some for a flavorful smoothie!! Wow! ;-))Ginny From: Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> Sent: Thursday, January 19, 2012 5:37 PM Subject: Re: VM Spatulars

Don't forget that if you make nut butter, you can purposely leave plenty on the sides and under the blades and make a recipe that uses nut butter like a peanut butter, banana, chocolate smoothie!

Spatulars

Fran

I love the spatulas, but I don't like how cut up they get from the blades. maybe I'm doing something wrong?  Makes we wonder if I'm sipping little plastic debris! Opsy.On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 12:55 AM, Ginny Welton <ginbit@...> wrote:

Hmmmm, yum, and then I don't have to get every little bit out, but leave some for a flavorful smoothie!! Wow!  ;-))

Ginny

Sent: Thursday, January 19, 2012 5:37 PM Subject: Re: VM Spatulars

Blessings,Lea Ann Savage

I like the silicon spatulas, only a certain one I like, I think it is an Oxo.  At least for the things that I make, I can scrape down the sides and get all the goodies so much easier.  Maybe not under the blades, and maybe that would be where the vitamix spatula shines...and if I start making nut butters, maybe I'll think differently!!   I plan on making coconut butter next, and I'll try the vitamix spatula with that and see what I think.

Ginny

Sent: Thursday, January 19, 2012 9:51 AM Subject: Re: VM Spatulars

Wow - I couldn't live without my VM spatulas!  I've purchased just about every possible kind of narrow spatula out there hoping to find something better, but it is the firm edges and shape of the rounded point, and the narrow size that work for me.

Ginny - have you found something that works better for you to get things out of the bottom of the container?  I am always looking for something better!  :-)

Blessings,Lea Ann Savage

I don't like the spatulas, and in fact, if someone were close by, I would give them to them.  Glad to hear the cutting boards are good!!

Ginny

Sent: Thursday, January 19, 2012 6:39 AM

Subject: Re: VM

Spatulars

Fran

http://www.amazon.com/Vitamix-3-piece-spatula-4-piece-cutting/dp/B001ECLFDO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8 & qid=1326931141 & sr=8-2

Yesterday I received from Amazon a set of 3 Vitamix spatulas and a set of 4 thin flexible cutting boards. The boards can be bend like a scoop to pour the cut food into the blender. The cost $35.90 including shipping.Lucille--------------------------------------------------From: " kuby2u " <kubymccarty@...>Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2012 6:15 PM< >

Subject: Re: What I had and what I did> Thanks Lea Anne, and Lucille,>> Paydirt: in the loose leaf book thingie that I had for the VM, were both > the original docs and the grain cookbook.>> , funny thing about these lists... I'm a bit of a kitchen appliance > addict. For years I'd post my favorite recipes on these types of board and > it sure came in handy when I moved and had no cookbooks. I was able to > search my groups and find my recipes. (Of course that was before the > iPad.) Another way I have of remembering my recipes is by blogging. How > exciting to be alive at such a time when technology makes everything more > fun.>> I just watched the VM vs the Blendtec video's. What a kick!>> Kuby> kuby2u.wordpress.com>> >>>>>> That sounds wonderful,, Kuby! Nice to see you being adventurous and just >> throwing what sounds good-that's how some of the best " recipes " come >> about-my problem is I can never repeat things as I rarely remember what >> went in in the first place, lol. You can leave " that puppy " running for >> a good long time on high-I throw in my soup ingredients and go take a >> shower, come back to piping hot soup! It is probably not recommended to >> leave the machine unattended, but I have been for over 25 years with no >> problems, lol. Good luck with further experiments!>>>>> ------------------------------------>>

WOW, I just ordered this. I just made some almond butter and it took me longer

to get out of the container then it did to make the almond butter! That's okay

though, it was surely worth it.

Thank you so much for all you do to make the Vitamix easier to use.

Kuby

>

> I have the Vitamix spatulas, but I came across a gadget in a kitchen shop the

other day that looked like it would be perfect for the Vitamix-and it IS!!! It

is called a mayonaise jar scraper-perfect for getting under the blades. Here is

a link to show what it looks like-I know nothing about this seller, and I only

paid 2.95 for mine in the kitchen store.