RemedySpot.com

Re: Making wheat flour

Rate this topic

Guest guest

You " can " use your wet container to make a decent flour, but I don't recommend

it. First, the wheat or other grains can scratch the wet container, making it

permenantly cloudy-it will make residues from smoothies and such cling to the

surface scratches. I use my dry container more than the wet-I HIGHLY recommend

ordering one from Lea Ann (she can get you free shipping) if you intend to grind

your own grains. The dry container has a reverse action from the wet, meaning

it throws the grains upwards as opposed to pulling ingredients downwards-a

totally different action. As I said, you can grind a thing or two in the wet

container without too harming the machine, but the dry container will complete

your purchased giving you that much more versaitility!

>

> Is it possible to use original container to process wheat berries for making

Ww flour, without damaging machine? Some suggest additional container is

necessary(dry), what do you think? HELP

>

, thanks so much for your advice. The manual did say it may cloud the container. Trying not to have an added expense. I'll take your advice.TerrySent from my iPadOn Jan 21, 2012, at 1:33 PM, "" <berrywell@...> wrote:

You "can" use your wet container to make a decent flour, but I don't recommend it. First, the wheat or other grains can scratch the wet container, making it permenantly cloudy-it will make residues from smoothies and such cling to the surface scratches. I use my dry container more than the wet-I HIGHLY recommend ordering one from Lea Ann (she can get you free shipping) if you intend to grind your own grains. The dry container has a reverse action from the wet, meaning it throws the grains upwards as opposed to pulling ingredients downwards-a totally different action. As I said, you can grind a thing or two in the wet container without too harming the machine, but the dry container will complete your purchased giving you that much more versaitility!

>

> Is it possible to use original container to process wheat berries for making Ww flour, without damaging machine? Some suggest additional container is necessary(dry), what do you think? HELP

>

Hello Terry,You can process wheat berries in the wet container, but: 1) the flour will be hotter, 2) some flour will pack into the corners, and 3) you will put tiny scratches in the plastic of your wet container (making it look cloudy). Some people don't mind those things, and they do use the wet container to grind grains.The dry container blows things high up into the container (keeping the flour cooler). Things don't pack into the corner as much with the dry container.The wet container suck things down towards the bottom of the container (causing more friction, and more heat).You can use the wet container to grind grains, but you cannot use the dry container to process liquids (like smoothies). You can try, but it won't get smooth and creamy like it will when processed with a wet blade.

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Jan 21, 2012, at 12:41 PM, tmorrison0958 wrote:

Is it possible to use original container to process wheat berries for making Ww flour, without damaging machine? Some suggest additional container is necessary(dry), what do you think? HELP

You are most welcome. I am all about making do with what you have, but with

such a wonderful machine, you want to do things the right way. What I have

saved in grinding my own flour over the years has MORE than paid for the dry

container, and the difference in fresh ground flour is STUNNING! Most flour has

been sitting around for who knows how long. Fresh is lovely! I store my grains

in my freezer so they stay nice and fresh-the smell of them grinding is

wonderful.

> > >

> > > Is it possible to use original container to process wheat berries for

making Ww flour, without damaging machine? Some suggest additional container is

necessary(dry), what do you think? HELP

> > >

> >

> >

>

Thanks for your help, Lea Ann. There is a post on you tube with lady using the wet container along with the plunger. She did mention that the flour would get warm but other than that turned out fine. Do you think the scratches that might occur would make cleanup after making smoothies difficult? Or maybe I could use my old blender to do a "first" grind before I put it I to my VM for rest of processing. Yes?Sincerely,TerrySent from my iPadOn Jan 21, 2012, at 4:33 PM, Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> wrote:

Hello Terry,You can process wheat berries in the wet container, but: 1) the flour will be hotter, 2) some flour will pack into the corners, and 3) you will put tiny scratches in the plastic of your wet container (making it look cloudy). Some people don't mind those things, and they do use the wet container to grind grains.The dry container blows things high up into the container (keeping the flour cooler). Things don't pack into the corner as much with the dry container.The wet container suck things down towards the bottom of the container (causing more friction, and more heat).You can use the wet container to grind grains, but you cannot use the dry container to process liquids (like smoothies). You can try, but it won't get smooth and creamy like it will when processed with a wet blade.

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

Is it possible to use original container to process wheat berries for making Ww flour, without damaging machine? Some suggest additional container is necessary(dry), what do you think? HELP

The scratches are very small - hardly noticeable as individual scratches, more like a general "cloudiness" unless you look very carefully.I don't think it would make clean up difficult, but odors could possibly linger - like the smell of garlic after making soup or salsa - because very tiny amounts of it could remain behind in the scratches.I'm not sensitive to hard to detect smells, but some people say they can smell garlic in a smooth, wet container after it has been washed? Those people would probably smell more of a garlic smell in a container that has been scratched.But again, lots of people do use their wet container to grind grains.If you do end up getting a dry container in the future - here is another way you can use it:/message/12271

On Jan 21, 2012, at 7:43 PM, Terry on wrote:

Thanks for your help, Lea Ann. There is a post on you tube with lady using the wet container along with the plunger. She did mention that the flour would get warm but other than that turned out fine. Do you think the scratches that might occur would make cleanup after making smoothies difficult? Or maybe I could use my old blender to do a "first" grind before I put it I to my VM for rest of processing. Yes?Sincerely,TerrySent from my iPadOn Jan 21, 2012, at 4:33 PM, Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> wrote: