RemedySpot.com

Re: 30 day smoothie challenge

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Rene,Thanks a lot.   I got the ebook.  It's very interesting.  I can't wait to try the energy soup recipes and the smoothies.  What are sunflower greens?  Can I make them from sunflower seeds myself?

I was wondering how important you think a dehydrator is to own?  I don't know if I have room in my kitchen for one at all, but I have been thinking about it.I am excited for this challenge.  I have asked my husband to join me too.  

Janet

Janet, you can see my video of how to make sunflower greens very easily at

http://www.mymealmasters.com Just go to the " videos " link and click on

" fingertip gardening " . Sunflower greeens are one of the easiest microgreens to

grow. You can also see a great compact NESCO dehydrator in the webstore on the

same site. Excalibur is probably the best dehydrator, but they are large-the

nesco is really compact and a terrific starter-I bought a Nesco for my

motorhome, and ended up using it in my house for my daily stuff-I highly

recommend it.

>

> Rene,

> Thanks a lot. I got the ebook. It's very interesting. I can't wait to

> try the energy soup recipes and the smoothies.

> What are sunflower greens? Can I make them from sunflower seeds myself?

> I was wondering how important you think a dehydrator is to own? I don't

> know if I have room in my kitchen for one at all, but I have been thinking

> about it.

> I am excited for this challenge. I have asked my husband to join me too.

> Janet

>

Sunflower sprouts are really delicious. YUM

Ann

On Jan 22, 2012 5:47 PM, " Janet Fowler " <jaxjanet19@...> wrote:

Rene,Thanks a lot.   I got the ebook.  It's very interesting.  I can't wait to try the energy soup recipes and the smoothies.  What are sunflower greens?  Can I make them from sunflower seeds myself?

I was wondering how important you think a dehydrator is to own?  I don't know if I have room in my kitchen for one at all, but I have been thinking about it.I am excited for this challenge.  I have asked my husband to join me too.  

Janet

Hi Janet,Sunflower greens are grown from the black shelled sunflower seeds. They are soil sprouted and they are actually something done in Level 7 of the program because they are a more advanced technique. It's better to keep it simple when you are first starting out, no fun getting overwhelmed with too many additional things right now! Sunflower greens are very nutritious and a wonderful addition to the diet and you may be able to find them in your local health food store or Whole Foods. If not, you can substitute and green leafy vegetable for these greens.Green Smoothie Cheers,Rene ---------------------Rene Oswald, RN, APHBest Beginnings, Inc. Living Food Classes & Consultationswww.rawfoodrene.comwww.reneoswald.com561-775-4867From: Ann Brandenberger <mrsbberger@...> Sent: Mon, January 23, 2012 12:09:42 AMSubject: Re: RE: 30 day smoothie challenge

Sunflower sprouts are really delicious. YUM

Ann

On Jan 22, 2012 5:47 PM, "Janet Fowler" <jaxjanet19@...> wrote:

Rene,Thanks a lot. I got the ebook. It's very interesting. I can't wait to try the energy soup recipes and the smoothies. What are sunflower greens? Can I make them from sunflower seeds myself?

I was wondering how important you think a dehydrator is to own? I don't know if I have room in my kitchen for one at all, but I have been thinking about it.I am excited for this challenge. I have asked my husband to join me too.

Janet

,Thanks a lot for the video of how to make sunflower greens.  It does look easy, but where do you get organic soil and organic black sunflower seeds?  I'll have to look around to find them.That little dehyrator looks good too.  I appreciate the help.

Janet

I mostly grow my own black oil seeds, but in that video I was using some that I

got at a local health food store-Sproutpeople online also carries them. I

compost organic soil, but it is also readily available in small bags for a

couple of bucks in any garden department. You only need a few spoonsful per

batch. Try to avoid soil that contains chicken or horse manure (read the label)

Many people do use it, but I am not a fan of poo near my food, lol.

>

> ,

> Thanks a lot for the video of how to make sunflower greens. It does look

> easy, but where do you get organic soil and organic black sunflower seeds?

> I'll have to look around to find them.

> That little dehyrator looks good too. I appreciate the help.

> Janet

>

Are leaves of sunflower plants good to eat like in a salad or juice?

Lucille

Sent: Monday, January 23, 2012 4:11 AM

Subject: Re: RE: 30 day smoothie challenge

Hi Janet,Sunflower greens are grown from the black shelled sunflower seeds. They are soil sprouted and they are actually something done in Level 7 of the program because they are a more advanced technique. It's better to keep it simple when you are first starting out, no fun getting overwhelmed with too many additional things right now! Sunflower greens are very nutritious and a wonderful addition to the diet and you may be able to find them in your local health food store or Whole Foods. If not, you can substitute and green leafy vegetable for these greens.Green Smoothie Cheers,Rene

---------------------Rene Oswald, RN, APHBest Beginnings, Inc. Living Food Classes & Consultationswww.rawfoodrene.comwww.reneoswald.com561-775-4867