RemedySpot.com

Re: Lea Ann berries/avocado

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello Marsha,I saved the original post as a link titled, "How To Blend Berry Seeds" in the links page of our group:/message/13927The trick is to first blend ONLY the berry seeds and to keep them COLD - giving them the most opportunity to get repeatedly smashed by the blades, THEN after the seeds are smashed open, adding the other ingredients.When you have only berry seeds at the bottom, the berries (and only the berries) are closer to the blades getting hit more often. When they are dispersed in a greater volume of liquid, it takes longer for them to circulate down to the blades and they get hit less often by the blades.Check out that link - hope it is helpful!

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Jan 19, 2012, at 10:33 AM, Marsha wrote:

Lea Ann, I recall once you made a comment about blending berries for a long time so you wouldn’t have the crunch in your mouth. Can you be specific, did you run the VM on 1 for a long time, or another # as opposed to high? Yesterday I had a hard avocado and after blending my smoothie I still had little pieces of avocado in my mouth. I wondered then if I should have blended a longer time on a # or on high for a length of time. Thanks, Marsha

Great hint, Lee Ann - thanks.Ginny From: Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> Sent: Thursday, January 19, 2012 7:45 AM Subject: Re: Lea Ann berries/avocado

Hello Marsha,I saved the original post as a link titled, "How To Blend Berry Seeds" in the links page of our group:/message/13927The trick is to first blend ONLY the berry seeds and to keep them COLD - giving them the most opportunity to get repeatedly smashed by the blades, THEN after the seeds are smashed open, adding the other ingredients.When you have only berry seeds at the bottom, the berries (and only the berries) are closer to the blades getting hit more often. When they are dispersed in a greater volume of liquid, it takes longer for them to circulate down to the blades and they get hit less often by the blades.Check out that link - hope it is helpful!

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Jan 19, 2012, at 10:33 AM, Marsha wrote:

Lea Ann, I recall once you made a comment about blending berries for a long time so you wouldn’t have the crunch in your mouth. Can you be specific, did you run the VM on 1 for a long time, or another # as opposed to high? Yesterday I had a hard avocado and after blending my smoothie I still had little pieces of avocado in my mouth. I wondered then if I should have blended a longer time on a # or on high for a length of time. Thanks, Marsha