RemedySpot.com

Re: FREE Local and Some FEE for ship KEFIR

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thank you for sharing this link.  I just sent a request to a local gal to get some.

Is there a difference between water and dairy grains?  Her description said it was grown in organic cows milk and would work well with goat milk but wasn't sure about water.  I don't know what that means exactly.

Does anybody have a suggestion on how to find a local dairy farm to sell raw milk?

RenaIf God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.Happy moments, praise God.

Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 7:31 AM, DeMarco <jdemarc2@...> wrote:

Hi Everyone,

OK, I found my link.  Please scan through by country and then state.  Some folks offer for free (local pick ups).  Some on the list charge for shipping.  They also offer water and dairy grains.  Take a look and see what you can discover.

World Wide Kefir Grain Locator

http://www.torontoadvisors.com/Kefir/kefir-list.php

<:))))><

Water and kefir grains are two totally different types of grains. I will have both at the end of spring, but I don't culture through the winter (I avoid raw milk during the time my cows are eating grains, so only have raw milk from spring to fall) Water kefir grains are translucent, and feed off of sugar in fruits to make a fizzy, soda like beverage. Milk kefir grains look like tiny cauliflower florrets, and will incubate in any milk-they feed off of the sugars, lactose, and yeast in milk, whether raw, organic, or commercial. Both are very easy to culture and grow. I will offer my grains to the group when I have some spares-probably late April. I ship them in glass jars and only charge shipping cost. Be a bit wary of ordering grains from places like ebay, since you have no way of knowing how sanitary the conditions are they have been kept in. You might also check with your local health food stores-they often know of people who kefir and might have grains to spare. There is NO comparison to store bought commercial kefir and homemade-similar to yogurt, homemade is best since YOU get to control the ingredients!Sent from my iPadOn Jan 25, 2012, at 3:19 PM, Rena Glubay <jp17aday@...> wrote:

Thank you for sharing this link. I just sent a request to a local gal to get some.

Is there a difference between water and dairy grains? Her description said it was grown in organic cows milk and would work well with goat milk but wasn't sure about water. I don't know what that means exactly.

Does anybody have a suggestion on how to find a local dairy farm to sell raw milk?

RenaIf God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.Happy moments, praise God.

Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 7:31 AM, DeMarco <jdemarc2@...> wrote:

Hi Everyone,

OK, I found my link. Please scan through by country and then state. Some folks offer for free (local pick ups). Some on the list charge for shipping. They also offer water and dairy grains. Take a look and see what you can discover.

World Wide Kefir Grain Locator

http://www.torontoadvisors.com/Kefir/kefir-list.php

<:))))><

I was told that you should not use milk grains for water kefir or water grains for milk kefir. Cannot remember why but it made cense when I read it. LOL In His Grace….Robbie From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Rena GlubaySent: Wednesday, January 25, 2012 2:19 PM Subject: Re: FREE Local and Some FEE for ship KEFIR Thank you for sharing this link. I just sent a request to a local gal to get some. Is there a difference between water and dairy grains? Her description said it was grown in organic cows milk and would work well with goat milk but wasn't sure about water. I don't know what that means exactly. Does anybody have a suggestion on how to find a local dairy farm to sell raw milk?RenaIf God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 7:31 AM, DeMarco <jdemarc2@...> wrote: Hi Everyone, OK, I found my link. Please scan through by country and then state. Some folks offer for free (local pick ups). Some on the list charge for shipping. They also offer water and dairy grains. Take a look and see what you can discover. World Wide Kefir Grain Locator http://www.torontoadvisors.com/Kefir/kefir-list.php <:))))><