Rate this topic

Guest guest

I recently suffered from a computer failure with my 2008 Dell. While it was

old, it was fairly expensive at the time and I paid for the Dell warranty. Long

story short, Dell came and replaced things and it seems to be working now, but

thought I had lost quite a bit of information and pictures. Please, spend the

money on some type of backup system and know how to access it. It will save you

grief and heartache.

THANK Goodness you got your stuff back.andfor me.. THANK Goodness I had purchased a wireless back up system (my computer backs up every hour wirelessly) prior to my first Macbook Air being stolen at a show last summer. I had been on vacation, so I lost 3 weeks worth of data, but was able to have my husband take my external back up system to the Apple store, buy a new one, have it loaded up with all of my old settings and data, and have it over night shipped to me. I would lose thousands of dollars in lost productivity and sales if I lost my computer - my email program has all of my saved orders, sent orders, Form Letters, and files of important emails…I'm also thinking of adding an extra back up system such as a "Cloud Storage" like one of these:http://www.top10cloudstorage.com/cloud-storage/Carbonite is one of the best known "cloud" back up systems. If I had Carbonite when my computer was stolen, I would not have lost the 3 weeks of data…

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Jan 15, 2012, at 7:01 AM, flnancy1958 wrote:

I recently suffered from a computer failure with my 2008 Dell. While it was old, it was fairly expensive at the time and I paid for the Dell warranty. Long story short, Dell came and replaced things and it seems to be working now, but thought I had lost quite a bit of information and pictures. Please, spend the money on some type of backup system and know how to access it. It will save you grief and heartache.

I always back up I have two external backups From: flnancy1958 <flnancy1958@...> Sent: Sunday, January 15, 2012 7:01 AM Subject: OT Back up your computer

I recently suffered from a computer failure with my 2008 Dell. While it was old, it was fairly expensive at the time and I paid for the Dell warranty. Long story short, Dell came and replaced things and it seems to be working now, but thought I had lost quite a bit of information and pictures. Please, spend the money on some type of backup system and know how to access it. It will save you grief and heartache.

Sorry to hear that, . There are plenty of inexpensive external hard drives that attach to a USB port and make it very easy to store the things you don't want to lose. I hope you didn't lose too much of yours!

Fran

In a message dated 1/15/2012 7:01:49 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, flnancy1958@... writes: