RemedySpot.com

Vitamix upgrades - was - Galaxy Class Vitamix

Rate this topic

Guest guest

The Vitamix Creations GC is available on the Vitamix website at full retail - https://secure.vitamix.com/Vitamix-Creations-GC.aspx Except for Vitamix sponsored sales, we always sell at full retail on our website so that other offers/promotions (like fairs, home shows, QVC promotions, wholesale road shows, etc.) look good by comparison…Just like the Macbook Air that I purchased one week before the new model came out (and I didn't buy from the Apple Store so NO REFUND was available) one never knows when the next Vitamix improvement is coming out. I have the 5200 and it meets my needs. I bought my 5000 one month before the 5200 came out. I would still be using my 5000 machine if I hadn't won the 5200 at a sales meeting.I know most of the features that the next model will have (don't ask me - I CAN NOT tell and I won't) but we NEVER know WHEN it will be released. It will be an awesome machine (at an increased price ;-) and I will probably not upgrade to it. In my opinion, a 15-20% increase in performance isn't worth the extra $ when the 5200 is doing absolutely everything I need.I can say, however, that when this model comes out (and I've known about it for almost a year now, so there is NO TELLING when that will happen) for the people who absolutely must have the newest and best - I'd LOVE to be the one you buy from ;-) :-) :-) :-)Again, don't ask me about the new model - I CAN'T and WON'T say what I know. We are always upgrading and improving, and always will be. Even this newest and greatest will be replaced at some point...

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Jan 15, 2012, at 12:36 AM, missbridgie wrote:

The Vitamix is being presented as the QVC Today's Special Value right now. The new model is the Vitamix Creations GC. "GC" stands for "Galaxy Class". They have stated that the motor is 2.25 HP so it is "the most powerful Vitamix ever sold on QVC."

All of the Vitamixes I could find on Vitamix.com only have 2HP. Does anyone think 1/4 more horsepower makes THAT much of a difference?

I bought the 5200 from QVC this past August when it was the TSV. I am very happy with my Vitamix, but I would be a little disappointed to know there is a better, more powerful unit for only slightly more money since I bought mine so recently.

Thanks for your help!

Well, I did it. I just ordered the Vita-Mix from QVC. Can you make rice flour with this model? I don't think it would be worth spending more money to get the other dry container. At my age I don't do much cooking or baking anymore.

Lucille

Sent: Sunday, January 15, 2012 7:39 AM

Subject: Vitamix upgrades - was - Galaxy Class Vitamix

The Vitamix Creations GC is available on the Vitamix website at full retail - https://secure.vitamix.com/Vitamix-Creations-GC.aspx Except for Vitamix sponsored sales, we always sell at full retail on our website so that other offers/promotions (like fairs, home shows, QVC promotions, wholesale road shows, etc.) look good by comparison…

Just like the Macbook Air that I purchased one week before the new model came out (and I didn't buy from the Apple Store so NO REFUND was available) one never knows when the next Vitamix improvement is coming out. I have the 5200 and it meets my needs. I bought my 5000 one month before the 5200 came out. I would still be using my 5000 machine if I hadn't won the 5200 at a sales meeting.

I know most of the features that the next model will have (don't ask me - I CAN NOT tell and I won't) but we NEVER know WHEN it will be released. It will be an awesome machine (at an increased price ;-) and I will probably not upgrade to it. In my opinion, a 15-20% increase in performance isn't worth the extra $ when the 5200 is doing absolutely everything I need.

I can say, however, that when this model comes out (and I've known about it for almost a year now, so there is NO TELLING when that will happen) for the people who absolutely must have the newest and best - I'd LOVE to be the one you buy from ;-) :-) :-) :-)

Again, don't ask me about the new model - I CAN'T and WON'T say what I know. We are always upgrading and improving, and always will be. Even this newest and greatest will be replaced at some point...

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

The Vitamix is being presented as the QVC Today's Special Value right now. The new model is the Vitamix Creations GC. "GC" stands for "Galaxy Class". They have stated that the motor is 2.25 HP so it is "the most powerful Vitamix ever sold on QVC."All of the Vitamixes I could find on Vitamix.com only have 2HP. Does anyone think 1/4 more horsepower makes THAT much of a difference? I bought the 5200 from QVC this past August when it was the TSV. I am very happy with my Vitamix, but I would be a little disappointed to know there is a better, more powerful unit for only slightly more money since I bought mine so recently.Thanks for your help!

There is a link on our home page titled, "Dry Container vs. Wet Container" which answers your question, "can you make rice flour with this model"?

On Jan 15, 2012, at 8:02 AM, Lucille wrote:

Well, I did it. I just ordered the Vita-Mix from QVC. Can you make rice flour with this model? I don't think it would be worth spending more money to get the other dry container. At my age I don't do much cooking or baking anymore.

Lucille

Sent: Sunday, January 15, 2012 7:39 AM

Subject: Vitamix upgrades - was - Galaxy Class Vitamix

The Vitamix Creations GC is available on the Vitamix website at full retail - https://secure.vitamix.com/Vitamix-Creations-GC.aspx Except for Vitamix sponsored sales, we always sell at full retail on our website so that other offers/promotions (like fairs, home shows, QVC promotions, wholesale road shows, etc.) look good by comparison…

Just like the Macbook Air that I purchased one week before the new model came out (and I didn't buy from the Apple Store so NO REFUND was available) one never knows when the next Vitamix improvement is coming out. I have the 5200 and it meets my needs. I bought my 5000 one month before the 5200 came out. I would still be using my 5000 machine if I hadn't won the 5200 at a sales meeting.

I know most of the features that the next model will have (don't ask me - I CAN NOT tell and I won't) but we NEVER know WHEN it will be released. It will be an awesome machine (at an increased price ;-) and I will probably not upgrade to it. In my opinion, a 15-20% increase in performance isn't worth the extra $ when the 5200 is doing absolutely everything I need.

I can say, however, that when this model comes out (and I've known about it for almost a year now, so there is NO TELLING when that will happen) for the people who absolutely must have the newest and best - I'd LOVE to be the one you buy from ;-) :-) :-) :-)

Again, don't ask me about the new model - I CAN'T and WON'T say what I know. We are always upgrading and improving, and always will be. Even this newest and greatest will be replaced at some point...

The Vitamix is being presented as the QVC Today's Special Value right now. The new model is the Vitamix Creations GC. "GC" stands for "Galaxy Class". They have stated that the motor is 2.25 HP so it is "the most powerful Vitamix ever sold on QVC."All of the Vitamixes I could find on Vitamix.com only have 2HP. Does anyone think 1/4 more horsepower makes THAT much of a difference? I bought the 5200 from QVC this past August when it was the TSV. I am very happy with my Vitamix, but I would be a little disappointed to know there is a better, more powerful unit for only slightly more money since I bought mine so recently.Thanks for your help!

Your response is EXACTLY what I needed. The 5200 more than meets my needs. I'm

having a green smoothie right this minute! :) 1/4 more horsepower...not worth

the concern. Thank you so much for taking me back down to earth, Lea Ann!

>

> The Vitamix is being presented as the QVC Today's Special Value right now. The

new model is the Vitamix Creations GC. " GC " stands for " Galaxy Class " . They have

stated that the motor is 2.25 HP so it is " the most powerful Vitamix ever sold

on QVC. "

>

> All of the Vitamixes I could find on Vitamix.com only have 2HP. Does anyone

think 1/4 more horsepower makes THAT much of a difference?

>

> I bought the 5200 from QVC this past August when it was the TSV. I am very

happy with my Vitamix, but I would be a little disappointed to know there is a

better, more powerful unit for only slightly more money since I bought mine so

recently.

>

> Thanks for your help!

>

I also don't think the new GC is much different-I make soup daily in my 5200,

and it never takes more than 5 minutes to get it steaming hot, unless I start

with icy cold ingredients. The 5200 more than meets my VERY demanding needs

(due to allergies, I make EVERYTHING from scratch, grind my own flour, etc) I

would be hard pressed to see where there could be that much improvement....but

of course I will be waiting for Lea Ann to divulge her little secrets about the

NEW release...lol

> >

> > The Vitamix is being presented as the QVC Today's Special Value right now.

The new model is the Vitamix Creations GC. " GC " stands for " Galaxy Class " . They

have stated that the motor is 2.25 HP so it is " the most powerful Vitamix ever

sold on QVC. "

> >

> > All of the Vitamixes I could find on Vitamix.com only have 2HP. Does anyone

think 1/4 more horsepower makes THAT much of a difference?

> >

> > I bought the 5200 from QVC this past August when it was the TSV. I am very

happy with my Vitamix, but I would be a little disappointed to know there is a

better, more powerful unit for only slightly more money since I bought mine so

recently.

> >

> > Thanks for your help!

> >

>

I noticed that the warranty for Galaxy Class is only 5 years, less than

the 7 yrs that comes with the 5200 model. That must mean something.....

I haven't bought yet, but am thinking I will shoot for the 5200 version.

Amy

I recommend going through Lea Ann..she can arrange a payment plan, and get free

shipping for you, I think. The extra two years warranty is certainly worth

considering.

>

> I noticed that the warranty for Galaxy Class is only 5 years, less than

> the 7 yrs that comes with the 5200 model. That must mean something.....

>

> I haven't bought yet, but am thinking I will shoot for the 5200 version.

>

> Amy

>

The entire Creations line has only a 5-year warranty. We sell them at such a discount (have to to get on QVC) that some things have to be taken off. The other models are basically 5200 machines with the shorter warranty and no soft-grip handles or soft-touch controls. Minor cosmetic stuff.

On Jan 15, 2012, at 8:16 PM, Apricot043 wrote:

I noticed that the warranty for Galaxy Class is only 5 years, less than

the 7 yrs that comes with the 5200 model. That must mean something.....

I haven't bought yet, but am thinking I will shoot for the 5200 version.

Amy