RemedySpot.com

RE: pumpkinseed nut butter

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello Robbie,If you store it in the fridge it will get REALLY hard :-)If you think you'll eat it within 2-3 weeks, I think it will be safe on the counter. I like to use glass to store things - I have a TON of mason jars in my pantry… I also have jars that are the same as what peanut butter in the stores comes in (actually it is the jars for the Artisana Coconut Butter) Those make great nut butter containers.I'm so pleased that you are happy with the results. I saw some pumpkin seeds at the store today and thought of you. I almost bought enough to try my own hand at making pumpkin butter, but was afraid I'd eat it all in a day or two :-)

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Jan 17, 2012, at 4:27 PM, Robbie wrote:

Hi Lea Ann, I made the pumkinseed nut butter today. I had to add coconut oil to it becasue even at using 3 cups it was too dry. Oh my goodness, it is SO good! Thank you for the directions on how to make it. Now my question is....how do I store it? Do I keep it in a glass jar in the pantry or do I need to refigerate it?

I let it cool before I put it in the glass jar becasue when it came out of that vitamix it was very warm!

Thanks!

In HIs Grace....

Robbie

Lea Ann....I have tons of glass jars in my pantry too.......some in the freezer too...I take everything that I end up buying at the store sugar the forbidden food and put it on glass hjars,coffee for guest into glass jars,beans in bags,into glass jars then vacuum sealed.....

Of course there is all the food I can and process too....in glass jars. My store jars hold organic peanut butter.KathyOn Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 5:20 PM, Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> wrote:

Hello Robbie,If you store it in the fridge it will get REALLY hard :-)If you think you'll eat it within 2-3 weeks, I think it will be safe on the counter.  I like to use glass to store things - I have a TON of mason jars in my pantry…  I also have jars that are the same as what peanut butter in the stores comes in (actually it is the jars for the Artisana Coconut Butter)  Those make great nut butter containers.

I'm so pleased that you are happy with the results.  I saw some pumpkin seeds at the store today and thought of you.  I almost bought enough to try my own hand at making pumpkin butter, but was afraid I'd eat it all in a day or two :-)

Blessings,

Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)

))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Jan 17, 2012, at 4:27 PM, Robbie wrote:

Hi Lea Ann, I made the pumkinseed nut butter today. I had to add coconut oil to it becasue even at using 3 cups it was too dry. Oh my goodness, it is SO good! Thank you for the directions on how to make it. Now my question is....how do I store it? Do I keep it in a glass jar in the pantry or do I need to refigerate it?

I let it cool before I put it in the glass jar becasue when it came out of that vitamix it was very warm!

Thanks!

In HIs Grace....

Robbie

-- Kathy

If you have a lot of it maybe some could go into the freezer.

Lucille

--------------------------------------------------

Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2012 4:27 PM

< >

Subject: pumpkinseed nut butter

> Hi Lea Ann, I made the pumkinseed nut butter today. I had to add coconut

> oil to it becasue even at using 3 cups it was too dry. Oh my goodness, it

> is SO good! Thank you for the directions on how to make it. Now my

> question is....how do I store it? Do I keep it in a glass jar in the

> pantry or do I need to refigerate it?

> I let it cool before I put it in the glass jar becasue when it came out of

> that vitamix it was very warm!

>

> Thanks!

>

> In HIs Grace....

> Robbie

>

>

>

> ------------------------------------

>

>

LOLOL, yeah…..I will not be able to make this as a regular thing because I don’t trust myself to stop eating it! It is so good and really smooth with the coconut oil! Thanks again ;) In His Grace….Robbie From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Lea Ann SavageSent: Tuesday, January 17, 2012 4:20 PM Subject: Re: pumpkinseed nut butter Hello Robbie, If you store it in the fridge it will get REALLY hard :-) If you think you'll eat it within 2-3 weeks, I think it will be safe on the counter. I like to use glass to store things - I have a TON of mason jars in my pantry… I also have jars that are the same as what peanut butter in the stores comes in (actually it is the jars for the Artisana Coconut Butter) Those make great nut butter containers. I'm so pleased that you are happy with the results. I saw some pumpkin seeds at the store today and thought of you. I almost bought enough to try my own hand at making pumpkin butter, but was afraid I'd eat it all in a day or two :-) Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))>< On Jan 17, 2012, at 4:27 PM, Robbie wrote: Hi Lea Ann, I made the pumkinseed nut butter today. I had to add coconut oil to it becasue even at using 3 cups it was too dry. Oh my goodness, it is SO good! Thank you for the directions on how to make it. Now my question is....how do I store it? Do I keep it in a glass jar in the pantry or do I need to refigerate it?I let it cool before I put it in the glass jar becasue when it came out of that vitamix it was very warm!Thanks!In HIs Grace....Robbie

A little OT, but where did you find pumpkin seeds? I've been to 2 grocery

stores looking for them and haven't had any luck. Looked near salad toppings,

in the bulk food section, in the deli area, in the nuts and sunflower seeds

section, nothing!

Publix carries them, but I know Publix isn't a national grocery store chain…

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Jan 18, 2012, at 8:42 AM, Robbie wrote:

I found mine at a natural market similar to whole foods In His Grace…Robbie From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of MayhewSent: Tuesday, January 17, 2012 10:04 PM Subject: Re: Re: pumpkinseed nut butter Try any Mexican or Latino market, they are sold salted or unsalted under the name pepitas.Pat M.On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 8:38 PM, busymomothree <mich_hamilton@...> wrote: A little OT, but where did you find pumpkin seeds? I've been to 2 grocery stores looking for them and haven't had any luck. Looked near salad toppings, in the bulk food section, in the deli area, in the nuts and sunflower seeds section, nothing!