RemedySpot.com

Re: Making Adjustments Water Intake

Rate this topic

Guest guest

It's nearly impossible to drink that much and can interfere with sodium levels. That is a whole lot of water. •Robbin On Jan 28, 2012, at 12:41 PM, Tony Szpara <tszpara@...> wrote:

Water intake should be 1/2 you bodyweight.

So if you weigh 200lb drink 100 ounce of water per day.

Tony

My drinking water is limited. My Dr does not want me to drink much water because my body retains the water. I only drink what I need to take my meds.

Lucille

Sent: Saturday, January 28, 2012 2:35 PM

Subject: Re: Making Adjustments Water Intake

It's nearly impossible to drink that much and can interfere with sodium levels. That is a whole lot of water. •Robbin

On Jan 28, 2012, at 12:41 PM, Tony Szpara <tszpara@...> wrote:

Water intake should be 1/2 you bodyweight.So if you weigh 200lb drink 100 ounce of water per day.Tony

I think you meant half your body weight IN OUNCES. LOL

>

> Water intake should be 1/2 you bodyweight.

>

> So if you weigh 200lb drink 100 ounce of water per day.

>

> Tony

>

What do you drink for liquids, Lucille? Has he drawn per albumin levels on you? If those are low then you will retain fluids . •Robbin On Jan 28, 2012, at 3:04 PM, "Lucille" <lschacht@...> wrote:

My drinking water is limited. My Dr does not want me to drink much water because my body retains the water. I only drink what I need to take my meds.

Lucille

It's nearly impossible to drink that much and can interfere with sodium levels. That is a whole lot of water. •Robbin

Water intake should be 1/2 you bodyweight.So if you weigh 200lb drink 100 ounce of water per day.Tony

I was thinking the original question was:How much Green Smoothie do you need per day???Would be fun to know that..KathyMHow much smoothie/ green drink total do you need for a full day?

Lucille

I'm on diuretics so I can't drink much water or liquids. I drink apple cider, mango or peach nectar or herb tea. I only have one cup of coffee in the morning.

Lucille

Sent: Saturday, January 28, 2012 3:52 PM

What do you drink for liquids, Lucille? Has he drawn per albumin levels on you? If those are low then you will retain fluids . •Robbin

On Jan 28, 2012, at 3:04 PM, "Lucille" <lschacht@...> wrote:

Lucille

Here's a comment on how much greens you can drink per day and still lose weight.

I enjoy GreenSmoothieGirl's videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAztZRlkOLE & feature=related

Amy

>

> I was thinking the original question was:

> How much Green Smoothie do you need per day???

> Would be fun to know that.

> .

> KathyM

>

>

> How much smoothie/ green drink total do you need for a full day?

>

> Lucille

>

What condition do you have? I have high blood pressure (well it's

not so high  now that I have been exercising so much, in fact my bp

med was cut in half and eventually hope to stop it all together-with

doctors help, of course) and I take a bp med that has a a diuretic

in it but have never  been told to restrict fluids. In fact told

water helps wash sodium out to help get rid of excess fluids.

Velda

On 1/28/2012 12:04 PM, Lucille wrote:

My

drinking water is limited.  My Dr does not want me to drink

much water because my body retains the water.   I only drink

what I need to take my meds.

Lucille 

Subject: Re: Making

Adjustments Water Intake

It's nearly impossible to drink that much and can interfere

with sodium levels. That is a whole lot of water. 

•Robbin 

On Jan 28, 2012, at 12:41 PM, Tony Szpara <tszpara@...>

wrote:

Tony

I have heart problems with two leaky heart valves, atrial fibrillation and enlarged heart. The fluids build up and have problems breathing. And my lungs, emphysema from smoking 3 packs a day for many years. I started smoking at 18 around 1947 until the late 70's. About five years ago I was in the hospital and they had to drain fluid out of my chest from the back and filled a tall container with this green liquid. I don't want to go thru that again.

Lucille

Sent: Saturday, January 28, 2012 6:31 PM

What condition do you have? I have high blood pressure (well it's not so high now that I have been exercising so much, in fact my bp med was cut in half and eventually hope to stop it all together-with doctors help, of course) and I take a bp med that has a a diuretic in it but have never been told to restrict fluids. In fact told water helps wash sodium out to help get rid of excess fluids. VeldaOn 1/28/2012 12:04 PM, Lucille wrote:

Lucille

That is exactly the difference between others and your definate

reason to keep fluid intake low. You keep on doing what your doctor

says, plus doing all the good things on nutrition you can. Good

thing you quit smoking as early as you did, we still have you here

with us because you did. Thanks for sharing and all the knowledge

you bring.

Velda

On 1/28/2012 5:24 PM, Lucille wrote:

I

have heart problems with two leaky heart valves, atrial

fibrillation  and enlarged heart.   The fluids build up and

have problems breathing.   And my lungs,  emphysema from

smoking 3 packs a day for many years.  I started smoking at

18 around 1947 until  the late 70's.   About five years ago

I was in the hospital and they had to drain fluid out of my

chest from the back and filled a tall container with this

green liquid.  I don't want to go thru that again.

Lucille 

Adjustments Water Intake

What condition do you have? I have high blood pressure (well it's

not so high  now that I have been exercising so much, in fact my

bp med was cut in half and eventually hope to stop it all

together-with doctors help, of course) and I take a bp med that

has a a diuretic in it but have never  been told to restrict

fluids. In fact told water helps wash sodium out to help get rid

of excess fluids.

Velda

My

drinking water is limited.  My Dr does not want me to

drink much water because my body retains the water.   I

only drink what I need to take my meds.

Lucille 

Adjustments Water Intake

It's nearly impossible to drink that much and can interfere

with sodium levels. That is a whole lot of water. 

•Robbin 

wrote:

Tony

I had tried to quite smoking many times but always went back to it. One of the ladies at church told me that she quit by prayer. So I tried it and it worked. It took a few months of praying for it, then when I had that strong feeling to stop, I did and never had the desire for a cigarette after that.

Lucille

Sent: Saturday, January 28, 2012 8:40 PM

That is exactly the difference between others and your definate reason to keep fluid intake low. You keep on doing what your doctor says, plus doing all the good things on nutrition you can. Good thing you quit smoking as early as you did, we still have you here with us because you did. Thanks for sharing and all the knowledge you bring. VeldaOn 1/28/2012 5:24 PM, Lucille wrote:

I have heart problems with two leaky heart valves, atrial fibrillation and enlarged heart. The fluids build up and have problems breathing. And my lungs, emphysema from smoking 3 packs a day for many years. I started smoking at 18 around 1947 until the late 70's. About five years ago I was in the hospital and they had to drain fluid out of my chest from the back and filled a tall container with this green liquid. I don't want to go thru that again.

Lucille

What condition do you have? I have high blood pressure (well it's not so high now that I have been exercising so much, in fact my bp med was cut in half and eventually hope to stop it all together-with doctors help, of course) and I take a bp med that has a a diuretic in it but have never been told to restrict fluids. In fact told water helps wash sodium out to help get rid of excess fluids. VeldaOn 1/28/2012 12:04 PM, Lucille wrote:

Lucille

Lucille, Velda is right. Everyone is made special and have their own ailments. Between your doctor, good nutrition, and smoking cessation- you are on your way to be the best you can be . Kudos to you. It's never too late. •Robbin On Jan 28, 2012, at 9:27 PM, "Lucille" <lschacht@...> wrote:

I had tried to quite smoking many times but always went back to it. One of the ladies at church told me that she quit by prayer. So I tried it and it worked. It took a few months of praying for it, then when I had that strong feeling to stop, I did and never had the desire for a cigarette after that.

Lucille

That is exactly the difference between others and your definate reason to keep fluid intake low. You keep on doing what your doctor says, plus doing all the good things on nutrition you can. Good thing you quit smoking as early as you did, we still have you here with us because you did. Thanks for sharing and all the knowledge you bring. VeldaOn 1/28/2012 5:24 PM, Lucille wrote:

Lucille

Lucille

I've been reading about alternative health since I married my first husband in 1947. He subscribed to the Prevention magazine. In those days it was nothing like it is today. It was all about natural healing. Nothing about drugs. It was very interesting but I did think some of those people were crazy. LOL

Lucille

Lucille

Lucille

Good for you!

Velda

On 1/28/2012 6:27 PM, Lucille wrote:

I had

tried to quite smoking many times but always went back to

it.   One of the ladies at church told me that she quit by

prayer.  So I tried it and it worked.  It took a few months

of praying for it, then when I had that strong feeling to

stop, I did and never had the desire for a cigarette after

that. 

Lucille

Adjustments Water Intake

That is exactly the difference between others and your definate

reason to keep fluid intake low. You keep on doing what your

doctor says, plus doing all the good things on nutrition you can.

Good thing you quit smoking as early as you did, we still have you

here with us because you did. Thanks for sharing and all the

knowledge you bring.

Velda

On 1/28/2012 5:24 PM, Lucille wrote:

I

have heart problems with two leaky heart valves, atrial

fibrillation  and enlarged heart.   The fluids build up

and have problems breathing.   And my lungs, 

emphysema from smoking 3 packs a day for many years.  I

started smoking at 18 around 1947 until  the late 70's.  

About five years ago I was in the hospital and they had to

drain fluid out of my chest from the back and filled a

tall container with this green liquid.  I don't want to go

thru that again.

Lucille 

Adjustments Water Intake

What condition do you have? I have high blood pressure (well

it's not so high  now that I have been exercising so much, in

fact my bp med was cut in half and eventually hope to stop it

all together-with doctors help, of course) and I take a bp med

that has a a diuretic in it but have never  been told to

restrict fluids. In fact told water helps wash sodium out to

help get rid of excess fluids.

Velda

My

drinking water is limited.  My Dr does not want me to

drink much water because my body retains the water.   I

only drink what I need to take my meds.

Lucille 

Adjustments Water Intake

It's nearly impossible to drink that much and can

interfere with sodium levels. That is a whole lot of water. 

•Robbin 

wrote:

So if you weigh 200lb drink 100 ounce of water per

day.

Tony

My grandmother had be put in the hospital one time because a well meaning friend told her to drink lots of water to help her constipation. It messes up her potassium and sodium levels and she was talking so crazy we thought she had had a stroke.

A

Yes- this is true. Without viewing lab work or knowing the ejection fraction of the left ventricle, telling someone to drink more water can cause them death. •Robbin On Jan 29, 2012, at 8:41 AM, " A" <blwkk2@...> wrote:

My grandmother had be put in the hospital one time because a well meaning friend told her to drink lots of water to help her constipation. It messes up her potassium and sodium levels and she was talking so crazy we thought she had had a stroke.

A

Yup - some people believe that if something is good for you, more must be better…The basic rule is divide your weight by 1/2 and drink that many ounces in water per day. I doubt that holds true for a 300 lb. person. I am sure that 9-10 cups of water per day should be near the maximum.

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Jan 29, 2012, at 8:41 AM, A wrote:

A

A few years ago, here in Connecticut in a bar, had a contest to see who could drink the most water and would win a prize of a good sum of money. Can't remember how much. A woman won and her prize was death. While drinking glass after glass she ran to the bathroom often. but after awhile she past out. They called 911 and she died on her way to the hospital. It seems all that water diluted her mineral levels and it caused death. At the bar, they thought water would be safer then liquor.

Lucille

Sent: Sunday, January 29, 2012 8:47 AM

Cc: < >

Subject: Re: Re: Making Adjustments Water Intake

Yes- this is true. Without viewing lab work or knowing the ejection fraction of the left ventricle, telling someone to drink more water can cause them death. •Robbin

On Jan 29, 2012, at 8:41 AM, " A" <blwkk2@...> wrote:

A

Nope- that amount can be deadly to someone who has a low ejection fraction or to someone who has SAIDH or to someone whom is on medications which affect sodium receptors. •Robbin On Jan 29, 2012, at 9:44 AM, Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> wrote:

Yup - some people believe that if something is good for you, more must be better…The basic rule is divide your weight by 1/2 and drink that many ounces in water per day. I doubt that holds true for a 300 lb. person. I am sure that 9-10 cups of water per day should be near the maximum.

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

A

That happened here in California, with a radio contest. The woman

did not feel well, after losing, left and went home and went to

sleep---permanently. The radio station was sued and eventually

closed. Similar to other things, just because a little is good does

not mean a whole lot is better.

Velda

On 1/29/2012 6:58 AM, Lucille wrote:

A few

years ago, here in Connecticut in a bar,  had a contest to

see who could drink the most water and would win a prize of

a good sum of money.    Can't remember how much.    A woman

won and her prize was death.   While drinking glass after

glass she ran to the bathroom often.  but after awhile she

past out.   They called 911 and she died on her way to the

hospital.     It seems all that water diluted  her mineral

levels and it caused death.     At the bar,  they thought

water would be safer then liquor.  

Lucille

Subject: Re: Re: Making

Adjustments Water Intake

Yes- this is true. Without viewing lab work or knowing the

ejection fraction of the left ventricle, telling someone to

drink more water can cause them death. 

•Robbin 

On Jan 29, 2012, at 8:41 AM, " A" <blwkk2@...>

wrote:

My grandmother had be put in the hospital one time

because a well meaning friend told her to drink lots

of water to help her constipation. It messes up her

potassium and sodium levels and she was talking so

crazy we thought she had had a stroke.

A 

Too much of anything is not good...JaneOn Jan 29, 2012, at 4:58 PM, Velda wrote: That happened here in California, with a radio contest. The woman did not feel well, after losing, left and went home and went to sleep---permanently. The radio station was sued and eventually closed. Similar to other things, just because a little is good does not mean a whole lot is better. Velda On 1/29/2012 6:58 AM, Lucille wrote: A few years ago, here in Connecticut in a bar, had a contest to see who could drink the most water and would win a prize of a good sum of money. Can't remember how much. A woman won and her prize was death. While drinking glass after glass she ran to the bathroom often. but after awhile she past out. They called 911 and she died on her way to the hospital. It seems all that water diluted her mineral levels and it caused death. At the bar, they thought water would be safer then liquor. Lucille From: Robbin Sent: Sunday, January 29, 2012 8:47 AM Cc: < > Subject: Re: Re: Making Adjustments Water Intake Yes- this is true. Without viewing lab work or knowing the ejection fraction of the left ventricle, telling someone to drink more water can cause them death. •Robbin On Jan 29, 2012, at 8:41 AM, " A" <blwkk2@...> wrote: My grandmother had be put in the hospital one time because a well meaning friend told her to drink lots of water to help her constipation. It messes up her potassium and sodium levels and she was talking so crazy we thought she had had a stroke. A

I think it is a surprise to many people when they learn that even

water can be a poison (in effect) by drinking too much it results in

water intoxication and can result in death.

Velda

On 1/29/2012 2:02 PM, Jane Edenfield wrote:

Too much of anything is not good...

Jane

On Jan 29, 2012, at 4:58 PM, Velda wrote:

That happened here in California, with a radio

contest. The woman did not feel well, after losing, left

and went home and went to sleep---permanently. The radio

station was sued and eventually closed. Similar to other

things, just because a little is good does not mean a

whole lot is better.

Velda

On 1/29/2012 6:58 AM, Lucille wrote:

A few years ago, here in Connecticut in a

bar,  had a contest to see who could drink the

most water and would win a prize of a good sum of

money.    Can't remember how much.    A woman won

and her prize was death.   While drinking glass

after glass she ran to the bathroom often.  but

after awhile she past out.   They called 911 and

she died on her way to the hospital.     It seems

all that water diluted  her mineral levels and it

caused death.     At the bar,  they thought water

would be safer then liquor.  

Lucille

Subject: Re: Re:

Making Adjustments Water Intake

Yes- this is true. Without viewing lab work or

knowing the ejection fraction of the left ventricle,

telling someone to drink more water can cause them

death. 

•Robbin 

On Jan 29, 2012, at 8:41 AM, " A" <blwkk2@...>

wrote:

My grandmother had be put in the hospital

one time because a well meaning friend told

her to drink lots of water to help her

constipation. It messes up her potassium and

sodium levels and she was talking so crazy

we thought she had had a stroke.

I should have clarified.

1/4 tsp of sea salted added to ea liter of water.

Here's some info you may find useful.

Basically it's called the water cure recipe. Drink 1/2 your

bodyweight

in ounces of water per day.

So if you weigh 200 lbs drink 100 ounces of water per day. You MUST

add

1/4 teaspoonful of SEA SALT per liter of water.

It is important to use SEA salt and not table salt.

It originated by the Dr at this site. He had used the technique to

treat patients while a prisoner in Iran in 1979.

http://www.watercure.com/

A more updated site with testimonials, videos and more detailed

information is here.

People have cured cancer, depression, diabetes, lost weight and

cured a

host of diseases and illnesses.

Unlike many scams out there they aren't selling you a magic pill or

potion to cure you.

http://www.watercure2.org/

For those who are worried about sea salt and high blood pressure

read

here

http://www.celticseasalt.com/Salt_Your_Way_To_Health_W68C2.cfm

I use Celtic sea salt which has about 80+ minerals. (Table salt has

2).

http://www.celticseasalt.com/

Tony

I'm talking about the rule of thumb for healthy people.

On Jan 29, 2012, at 10:00 AM, Robbin wrote:

Nope- that amount can be deadly to someone who has a low ejection fraction or to someone who has SAIDH or to someone whom is on medications which affect sodium receptors. •Robbin On Jan 29, 2012, at 9:44 AM, Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> wrote:

A