RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Making Adjustments

Rate this topic

Guest guest

My thyroid was totally removed last year due to cancer. It's important to make sure you get enough iodine if you have thyroid issues. Our breast and thyroid tissues both need iodine for good healthy function. •Robbin On Jan 28, 2012, at 11:34 AM, "apricot855" <apricot043@...> wrote:

Thank you Robbin. It's a disappointment to read that because I want my smoothie in the morning, afternoon and evening. :-)

I am reading now that spinach is a goitergenic and I might need to heat. I am wondering how much heating is enough. Now that I am afraid I will probably steam it to oblivion. A list of goitergenic foods here:

http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=george & dbid=47

Amy

>

> > In the 3 days I've been having green smoothies, I have blown up. I mean that my pants became substantially tighter. I thought it was being caused by the fruits, but in reviewing that each big glass was less than 10 g sugar. If anything my carb intake is very reduced.

> >

> > One would think that lots of spinach, celery and cucumber would support bathroom visits, but I am having the opposite experience. My plumbing is clogged up. I am colder, but I thought it because my caloric intake is down. My fatigue increased, and I speculated that the fiber was binding the thyroid medication. I increased my thyroid meds and that helped a little.

> >

> > My smoothie batches consisted of the following:

> > - spinach - 1/3 of the 64 oz container

> > - half cucumber

> > - 1 celery stalk

> > - 1 carrot with green top

> > - piece of ginger

> > - 1/4 cup blueberries

> > - half apple

> > - 1/8 small papaya

> > - 1/2 cup almond milk

> > - water & ice to the top

> >

> > I drank this batch over 1.5 days. Maybe I should try heating my veggies before I put in the VM.

> >

> > Amy

> >

> >

>