cornbread, added them to soups both before and after they are cooked. Make the

gel then blend it up in the vita mix, that blend is perfect to mix with

mayonnaise of Sour Cream. I have made a Chai pudding, sprinkle it on your

salad, I just had a trout for lunch and sprinkled the chia seeds on the tarter

sauce.

If you add flax, bran or nuts to your smoothie you may start to get a film on

your container. I have a 4 cup coffee maker, I just take the filter and used

coffee grinds and put them in the Vita Mix with some hot water and soap, let it

run and scrub the sides of your container clean.

When you add flax seeds to a smoothie, do you add the full seed or do you

grind it up first? I bought a box of flax seeds but don't know what to do

went them.

Lucille

--------------------------------------------------

Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2012 6:00 PM

< >

Subject: Flax and Chia Seeds, Cleaning the Vita Mix

> I use both Flax and Chia seeds. I add the Flax to the smoothie and blend

> it all up, after the smoothie is made, I will add a TBLSP of Chia. I

> much prefer the Chia seeds, they are so versatile and fun to work with.

> I have made Chia cornbread, added them to soups both before and after they

> are cooked. Make the gel then blend it up in the vita mix, that blend

> is perfect to mix with mayonnaise of Sour Cream. I have made a Chai

> pudding, sprinkle it on your salad, I just had a trout for lunch and

> sprinkled the chia seeds on the tarter sauce.

>

> If you add flax, bran or nuts to your smoothie you may start to get a film

> on your container. I have a 4 cup coffee maker, I just take the filter

> and used coffee grinds and put them in the Vita Mix with some hot water

> and soap, let it run and scrub the sides of your container clean.

>

>

>

> ------------------------------------

>

> Please bookmark these pages:

>

> /links/

> (this is the Links page where I save the answers to FAQs and Answers,

> Recipes, and LOTS of other helpful information - this page is always being

> added to)

>

>

/links/IMPORTANT_VitamixE\

nthusiasts_Membership__001327149393/

> PLEASE DON'T UNSUBSCRIBE IF YOU ARE GETTING TOO MUCH MAIL! (if you

> unsubscribe, you will lose access to the Links page - an Encyclopedia of

> Collected Vitamix Wisdom! Go to this link to learn how to stop mail from

> coming, but STILL be a member of the group so you can STILL visit the

> Links page and read messages online!

I just add the whole flax seeds and let the Vitamix blend them up.

Fran

In a message dated 1/24/2012 7:04:41 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, lschacht@... writes:

When you add flax seeds to a smoothie, do you add the full seed or do you grind it up first? I bought a box of flax seeds but don't know what to do went them.Lucille--------------------------------------------------From: "carol" <pasolucy@...>Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2012 6:00 PM< >Subject: Flax and Chia Seeds, Cleaning the Vita Mix> I use both Flax and Chia seeds. I add the Flax to the smoothie and blend > it all up, after the smoothie is made, I will add a TBLSP of Chia. I > much prefer the Chia seeds, they are so versatile and fun to work with. > I have made Chia cornbread, added them to soups both before and after they > are cooked. Make the gel then blend it up in the vita mix, that blend > is perfect to mix with mayonnaise of Sour Cream. I have made a Chai > pudding, sprinkle it on your salad, I just had a trout for lunch and > sprinkled the chia seeds on the tarter sauce.>> If you add flax, bran or nuts to your smoothie you may start to get a film > on your container. I have a 4 cup coffee maker, I just take the filter > and used coffee grinds and put them in the Vita Mix with some hot water > and soap, let it run and scrub the sides of your container clean.>>>> ------------------------------------>> Please bookmark these pages:>> /links/> (this is the Links page where I save the answers to FAQs and Answers, > Recipes, and LOTS of other helpful information - this page is always being > added to)>> /links/IMPORTANT__Membership__001327149393/> PLEASE DON'T UNSUBSCRIBE IF YOU ARE GETTING TOO MUCH MAIL! (if you > unsubscribe, you will lose access to the Links page - an Encyclopedia of > Collected Vitamix Wisdom! Go to this link to learn how to stop mail from > coming, but STILL be a member of the group so you can STILL visit the > Links page and read messages online!

Same here altho I've never added them alone. I always but them in some kind of combination, usually fruit smoothies. I've never had an issue with them. They just disappear into the mix.TerrySent from my iPadOn Jan 24, 2012, at 9:37 PM, fradal@... wrote:

I just add the whole flax seeds and let the Vitamix blend them up.

Fran

In a message dated 1/24/2012 7:04:41 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, lschacht@... writes:

When you add flax seeds to a smoothie, do you add the full seed or do you grind it up first? I bought a box of flax seeds but don't know what to do went them.Lucille--------------------------------------------------From: "carol" <pasolucy@...>Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2012 6:00 PM< >Subject: Flax and Chia Seeds, Cleaning the Vita Mix> I use both Flax and Chia seeds. I add the Flax to the smoothie and blend > it all up, after the smoothie is made, I will add a TBLSP of Chia. I > much prefer the Chia seeds, they are so versatile and fun to work with. > I have made Chia cornbread, added them to soups both before and after they > are cooked. Make the gel then blend it up in the vita mix, that blend > is perfect to mix with mayonnaise of Sour Cream. I have made a Chai > pudding, sprinkle it on your salad, I just had a trout for lunch and > sprinkled the chia seeds on the tarter sauce.>> If you add flax, bran or nuts to your smoothie you may start to get a film > on your container. I have a 4 cup coffee maker, I just take the filter > and used coffee grinds and put them in the Vita Mix with some hot water > and soap, let it run and scrub the sides of your container clean.>>>> ------------------------------------>> Please bookmark these pages:>> /links/> (this is the Links page where I save the answers to FAQs and Answers, > Recipes, and LOTS of other helpful information - this page is always being > added to)>> /links/IMPORTANT__Membership__001327149393/> PLEASE DON'T UNSUBSCRIBE IF YOU ARE GETTING TOO MUCH MAIL! (if you > unsubscribe, you will lose access to the Links page - an Encyclopedia of > Collected Vitamix Wisdom! Go to this link to learn how to stop mail from > coming, but STILL be a member of the group so you can STILL visit the > Links page and read messages online!