RemedySpot.com

RE: WAS: Nutiva Tuesday! NOW: Fermenting Veggies

Rate this topic

Guest guest

This is what I want to get into next. Do you all use crocks or can you pretty much make do with mason jars?

I eagerly read the carrot and ginger blog and think this is where I want to start - however, it said if you didn't have the whey to use extra salt. Really? You can just use extra salt? This doesn't make it, well, salty? And, the whey - where do you get that? Can you simply spoon it from one of your yogurts? (I know, my total ignorance is showing here, but I just don't have a clue). I know this is SO good for you and my husband and I are now in our 60's...wanting to make the best of these golden years...:)

Next - KimChee - yum!

Amedee

TXIMPS - Regional Coordinator (min pins)

www.minpinrescue.org

214-914-8440

NU-VET - Number One Vitamin Supplement for dogs and cats

1-800-474-7044 (ID Code 15024)

All commissions go directly towards RESCUE

Want a sample? Let me know!

-- Re: Fwd: Nutiva Tuesday! | Get Your Organic Crazy Deal! Amazing Omegas

Hi all,I am wondering if anybody makes cultured vegetables?KathyM

i use the mason jars myself & I found some lids that have air locks on them...I do both ways.. with whey & with salt.. both turn out delish!!!!Yes you can strain your yogurt & use the whey & also you can let your kefir ferment alittle longer & then strain & collect the whey that way Patti

From: Amedee <L.Amedee@...> Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2012 8:28 AM Subject: RE: WAS: Nutiva Tuesday! NOW: Fermenting Veggies

This is what I want to get into next. Do you all use crocks or can you pretty much make do with mason jars?

I eagerly read the carrot and ginger blog and think this is where I want to start - however, it said if you didn't have the whey to use extra salt. Really? You can just use extra salt? This doesn't make it, well, salty? And, the whey - where do you get that? Can you simply spoon it from one of your yogurts? (I know, my total ignorance is showing here, but I just don't have a clue). I know this is SO good for you and my husband and I are now in our 60's...wanting to make the best of these golden years...:)

Next - KimChee - yum!

Amedee

www.minpinrescue.org

214-914-8440

-- Re: Fwd: Nutiva Tuesday! | Get Your Organic Crazy Deal! Amazing Omegas

Hi all,I am wondering if anybody makes cultured vegetables?KathyM

Thanks Patti: This gives me enough information to begin I think..:) Actually can't hardly wait to try it..been something that's been in the back of my 'to do' list for years..just never enough confidence to just do it..:)

Amedee

www.minpinrescue.org

214-914-8440

-- RE: WAS: Nutiva Tuesday! NOW: Fermenting Veggies

Next - KimChee - yum!

Amedee

www.minpinrescue.org

214-914-8440

-------Original Message-------

Wow lots of great responses...I have made sauerkraut by using my Vtamix to chop

up the cabbage and carrots...

Has this helped anyone's digestive issues?

I use my own whey made from making goats milk cheese.

I also use it in my shakes as the liquid.

KathyM

>

>

>  

>  

>  

> Amedee

> TXIMPS - Regional Coordinator (min pins)

>  www.minpinrescue.org

> 214-914-8440 

>  

> NU-VET- Number One Vitamin Supplement for dogs and cats

> 1-800-474-7044  (ID Code 15024)

> All commissions go directly towards RESCUE

> Want a sample?  Let me know!    

>                      

> -- Re: Fwd: Nutiva Tuesday! | Get Your Organic

Crazy Deal! Amazing Omegas

>  

>  

> Hi all,

> I am wondering if anybody makes cultured vegetables?

>

> KathyM

>

>

>  

>  

>

Hi Patti,Where did you find your lids with air locks on them for Mason jars? I’m wanting to check it out. In His Grace…Robbie From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of pattiSent: Wednesday, January 25, 2012 10:32 AM Subject: Re: WAS: Nutiva Tuesday! NOW: Fermenting Veggies i use the mason jars myself & I found some lids that have air locks on them... I do both ways.. with whey & with salt.. both turn out delish!!!! Yes you can strain your yogurt & use the whey & also you can let your kefir ferment alittle longer & then strain & collect the whey that way Patti From: Amedee <L.Amedee@...> Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2012 8:28 AMSubject: RE: WAS: Nutiva Tuesday! NOW: Fermenting Veggies This is what I want to get into next. Do you all use crocks or can you pretty much make do with mason jars? I eagerly read the carrot and ginger blog and think this is where I want to start - however, it said if you didn't have the whey to use extra salt. Really? You can just use extra salt? This doesn't make it, well, salty? And, the whey - where do you get that? Can you simply spoon it from one of your yogurts? (I know, my total ignorance is showing here, but I just don't have a clue). I know this is SO good for you and my husband and I are now in our 60's...wanting to make the best of these golden years...:) Next - KimChee - yum!              AmedeeTXIMPS - Regional Coordinator (min pins) www.minpinrescue.org214-914-8440 NU-VET - Number One Vitamin Supplement for dogs and cats1-800-474-7044 (ID Code 15024)All commissions go directly towards RESCUEWant a sample? Let me know! -- Re: Fwd: Nutiva Tuesday! | Get Your Organic Crazy Deal! Amazing Omegas Hi all,I am wondering if anybody makes cultured vegetables?KathyM

hi Robbie!I took a class locally & they were selling them there, but I had already ordered them off of their website http://www.cookinggodsway.com/eshop/lacto-fermentation-air-lock-kit/ I tried doing sauerkraut before with out the airlocks OH MY i came home from work one day & ohh what a mess! during the ferment process, the veggies rose up in the jar & the juice was everywhere!! Since I started using the airlocks that hasnt happened again!I also bought her book, Lacto-fermenting the easy & healthy

way... has lots of recipes!!Patti From: Robbie <Lordshelpr@...> Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2012 6:40 PM Subject: RE: WAS: Nutiva Tuesday! NOW: Fermenting Veggies

Hi Patti,Where did you find your lids with air locks on them for Mason jars? I’m wanting to check it out. In His Grace…Robbie From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of pattiSent: Wednesday, January 25, 2012 10:32 AM Subject: Re: WAS: Nutiva Tuesday! NOW: Fermenting Veggies i use the mason jars myself & I found some lids that have air locks on them... I do both ways.. with whey & with salt.. both turn out delish!!!! Yes you can strain your yogurt & use the whey & also you can let your kefir ferment alittle longer & then strain & collect the whey that way Patti From: Amedee <L.Amedee@...> Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2012 8:28 AMSubject: RE: WAS: Nutiva Tuesday! NOW: Fermenting Veggies This is what I want to get into next. Do you all use crocks or can you pretty much make do with mason jars? I eagerly read the carrot and ginger blog and think this is where I want to start - however, it said if you didn't have the whey to use

extra salt. Really? You can just use extra salt? This doesn't make it, well, salty? And, the whey - where do you get that? Can you simply spoon it from one of your yogurts? (I know, my total ignorance is showing here, but I just don't have a clue). I know this is SO good for you and my husband and I are now in our 60's...wanting to make the best of these golden years...:) Next - KimChee - yum!              AmedeeTXIMPS - Regional Coordinator (min pins) www.minpinrescue.org214-914-8440 NU-VET - Number One Vitamin Supplement for dogs and cats1-800-474-7044 (ID Code 15024)All commissions go directly towards RESCUEWant a sample? Let me

know! -- Re: Fwd: Nutiva Tuesday! | Get Your Organic Crazy Deal! Amazing Omegas Hi all,I am wondering if anybody makes cultured vegetables?KathyM

Patti,

Thanks for the link! I've been hearing and reading so much about

lacto-fermentation (which I'd never heard of until the last 6-12mo). I've never

seen that type of jar before.

yvw! hope you give it a try! its quite good! Patti From: stacy_goes_raw <stacy_goes_raw@...> Sent: Friday, January 27, 2012 4:27 AM Subject: Re: WAS: Nutiva Tuesday! NOW: Fermenting Veggies

Patti,

Thanks for the link! I've been hearing and reading so much about lacto-fermentation (which I'd never heard of until the last 6-12mo). I've never seen that type of jar before.