RemedySpot.com

RE: Vitamix show

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi and welcome! If you get a vitamix, you won't need a juicer, and it's far more

versatile. When I bought mine at a show I paid $399, I believe. I got the

single 64 oz container as opposed to the dry container and smalle 32 oz

container, too. I believe it was about $100 savings before the bonus free

shipping, but not sure. I know our demonstrator gave some great tips and

recipes, and even gave someone a tamper who had accidentally blended theirs, but

not sure about other freebies or barters. ;) Hope that helps!

>

> Hi there. My husband and I have been trying to decide to get either a new

juicer or vitamix. I've wanted the vitamix for quite a few years now. There is

a vitamix demonstrator coming to our local Costco in early February and he

thinks we should go. Which leads me to believe that we might actually get one!!

I'm wondering what kind of pricing I can expect over the pricing on the website.

Is it basically the same or can we get a good deal? Also, can you talk them

down any? Bargain with them for a better price or more accessories thrown in.

I know in some instances it is rude to do that, but its a bargaining world these

days and everyone likes to get a good deal. Thanks! ~kat

>

Juicers have a place in this raw diet... when making smoothies you are supposed to drink plenty of liquids to assist in digestion of the extra fiber this can be juice as well as water and juice has more nutrition. Dennis------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ From: MO <olsonmlb@...> Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2012 7:39 PM Subject: Re: Vitamix show

Hi and welcome! If you get a vitamix, you won't need a juicer, and it's far more versatile. When I bought mine at a show I paid $399, I believe. I got the single 64 oz container as opposed to the dry container and smalle 32 oz container, too. I believe it was about $100 savings before the bonus free shipping, but not sure. I know our demonstrator gave some great tips and recipes, and even gave someone a tamper who had accidentally blended theirs, but not sure about other freebies or barters. ;) Hope that helps!>> Hi there. My husband and I have been trying to decide to get either a new juicer or vitamix. I've wanted the vitamix for quite a few years now. There is a vitamix demonstrator coming to our local

Costco in early February and he thinks we should go. Which leads me to believe that we might actually get one!! I'm wondering what kind of pricing I can expect over the pricing on the website. Is it basically the same or can we get a good deal? Also, can you talk them down any? Bargain with them for a better price or more accessories thrown in. I know in some instances it is rude to do that, but its a bargaining world these days and everyone likes to get a good deal. Thanks! ~kat>------------------------------------Please bookmark these pages:/links/ (this is the Links page where I save the answers to FAQs and Answers, Recipes, and LOTS of other helpful information - this page is always being added

to)/links/IMPORTANT__Membership__001327149393/PLEASE DON'T UNSUBSCRIBE IF YOU ARE GETTING TOO MUCH MAIL! (if you unsubscribe, you will lose access to the Links page - an Encyclopedia of Collected Vitamix Wisdom! Go to this link to learn how to stop mail from coming, but STILL be a member of the group so you can STILL visit the Links page and read messages online!

The Vitamix show is almost here! It starts Feb 1st. Here are my questions:

1. How do I know what hours they will be there? I live pretty far away and

don't want to drive all that way only to find that they are done for the day or

something.

2. Do the " deals " get better toward the end of the show or are they pretty much

standard during the entire duration they are at the store?

3. Since its at a Costco, do we have to have a memebership to get in and buy

one? We don't have a membership because we shop at the commissary on the Army

post. Thanks! ~katrat

1. Call Costco and ask them.2. Not usually, but if they're trying to sell something out, possibly. I wouldn't count on it though. However, Lea Ann could prolly answer that better, since she sells Vitamix at the shows.

3. Yes, you need a Costco membership to get into Costco and to make the purchase. Or you need to be with someone who has a membership so they can get you in. They'd have to make the purchase, and you'd have to pay them. You need the member card to buy from Costco.

Hope that helps.Barb T.  :-)On Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 8:59 PM, Kat Rat <katratvet@...> wrote:

1. How do I know what hours they will be there? I live pretty far away and don't want to drive all that way only to find that they are done for the day or something.

2. Do the " deals " get better toward the end of the show or are they pretty much standard during the entire duration they are at the store?

3. Since its at a Costco, do we have to have a memebership to get in and buy one? We don't have a membership because we shop at the commissary on the Army post. Thanks! ~katrat

-- Barbara

The demonstrators are supposed to demonstrate while the store is open, but they might be on break (usually not longer than 1/2 hour and around 3ish (for me at least).The machines are being sold by Costco - to get a deal you would have to negotiate with the Costco store manager. (we just demonstrate them)Yes, you need a Costco membership - if you will never use it, you save $50 on the machine, and spend it on the membership.Have you considered refurbished machines as a way to save $?

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Jan 29, 2012, at 9:23 PM, Barbara wrote:

1. Call Costco and ask them.2. Not usually, but if they're trying to sell something out, possibly. I wouldn't count on it though. However, Lea Ann could prolly answer that better, since she sells Vitamix at the shows.

3. Yes, you need a Costco membership to get into Costco and to make the purchase. Or you need to be with someone who has a membership so they can get you in. They'd have to make the purchase, and you'd have to pay them. You need the member card to buy from Costco.

Hope that helps.Barb T. :-)On Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 8:59 PM, Kat Rat <katratvet@...> wrote:

1. How do I know what hours they will be there? I live pretty far away and don't want to drive all that way only to find that they are done for the day or something.

2. Do the "deals" get better toward the end of the show or are they pretty much standard during the entire duration they are at the store?

3. Since its at a Costco, do we have to have a memebership to get in and buy one? We don't have a membership because we shop at the commissary on the Army post. Thanks! ~katrat

-- Barbara

On the Vitamix home page there is a link " Live Demonstrations " that will shows demonstration in your area and you may find one that is not at Costco. Tom From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Lea Ann SavageSent: Sunday, January 29, 2012 11:16 PM Subject: Re: Vitamix show The demonstrators are supposed to demonstrate while the store is open, but they might be on break (usually not longer than 1/2 hour and around 3ish (for me at least). The machines are being sold by Costco - to get a deal you would have to negotiate with the Costco store manager. (we just demonstrate them) Yes, you need a Costco membership - if you will never use it, you save $50 on the machine, and spend it on the membership. Have you considered refurbished machines as a way to save $? Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))>< On Jan 29, 2012, at 9:23 PM, Barbara wrote: 1. Call Costco and ask them.2. Not usually, but if they're trying to sell something out, possibly. I wouldn't count on it though. However, Lea Ann could prolly answer that better, since she sells Vitamix at the shows.3. Yes, you need a Costco membership to get into Costco and to make the purchase. Or you need to be with someone who has a membership so they can get you in. They'd have to make the purchase, and you'd have to pay them. You need the member card to buy from Costco.Hope that helps.Barb T. :-)On Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 8:59 PM, Kat Rat <katratvet@...> wrote: The Vitamix show is almost here! It starts Feb 1st. Here are my questions:1. How do I know what hours they will be there? I live pretty far away and don't want to drive all that way only to find that they are done for the day or something. 2. Do the " deals " get better toward the end of the show or are they pretty much standard during the entire duration they are at the store? 3. Since its at a Costco, do we have to have a memebership to get in and buy one? We don't have a membership because we shop at the commissary on the Army post. Thanks! ~katrat-- Barbara

Boy, those are 10 hour days! What kind of deal can you get on a refurbished

machine compared to going to a show? I think we could get a free one day trial

membership at Costco to get in if we had to. But if the refurbished one is a

better deal and had a warranty, I'd take it! ~katrat

>

> The demonstrators are supposed to demonstrate while the store is open, but

they might be on break (usually not longer than 1/2 hour and around 3ish (for me

at least).

>

> The machines are being sold by Costco - to get a deal you would have to

negotiate with the Costco store manager. (we just demonstrate them)

>

> Yes, you need a Costco membership - if you will never use it, you save $50 on

the machine, and spend it on the membership.

>

> Have you considered refurbished machines as a way to save $?

>

> Blessings,

> Lea Ann Savage

> Satellite Beach, FL

> (321) 773-7088 (home)

> (321-961-9219 (cell)

> www.VitamixLady.com

> www..com

> <:)))><

>

> --

> Barbara

>

I would love it if they were ONLY 10 hour days - what a breeze that would be. Those are only the hours we are demonstrating - we also do shopping, set up, and tear down each day. My days during a show are usually 12-14 hour days…If you can't find a way to justify a Costco membership (getting the membership might have benefits if you use it over the year) you can get a refurbished machine from me with Free Shipping (and I'll toss in a free set of spatulas) for $379 (on a 3-payment plan too if necessary).Just send me:1) Name and address you want it shipped to.2) Phone Number and a Best Time to Call.3) Email for Shipping ConfirmationThen I will forward this information to Kilbane and she will call you to confirm and process your order.Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Jan 30, 2012, at 7:58 AM, Kat Rat wrote:

Boy, those are 10 hour days! What kind of deal can you get on a refurbished machine compared to going to a show? I think we could get a free one day trial membership at Costco to get in if we had to. But if the refurbished one is a better deal and had a warranty, I'd take it! ~katrat

>

> The demonstrators are supposed to demonstrate while the store is open, but they might be on break (usually not longer than 1/2 hour and around 3ish (for me at least).

>

> The machines are being sold by Costco - to get a deal you would have to negotiate with the Costco store manager. (we just demonstrate them)

>

> Yes, you need a Costco membership - if you will never use it, you save $50 on the machine, and spend it on the membership.

>

> Have you considered refurbished machines as a way to save $?

>

> Blessings,

> Lea Ann Savage

> Satellite Beach, FL

> (321) 773-7088 (home)

> (321-961-9219 (cell)

> www.VitamixLady.com

> www..com

> <:)))><

>

> --

> Barbara

>

I just checked that out and they have many how to videos. And here's a page with lots of recipes. And yes they do have a list of where the demos are.

http://www.vitamix.com/recipes/

Lucille

Sent: Monday, January 30, 2012 4:36 AM

Subject: RE: Vitamix show

On the Vitamix home page there is a link "Live Demonstrations" that will shows demonstration in your area and you may find one that is not at Costco.

Tom

I had found this recipe page the other day, I was just wondering if they were the same recipes from the cookbook or if they are different ones.

From: lschacht@...Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 09:12:50 -0500Subject: Re: Vitamix show

I just checked that out and they have many how to videos. And here's a page with lots of recipes. And yes they do have a list of where the demos are.

http://www.vitamix.com/recipes/

Lucille

I think there are some that are in the book and some that aren't.

>

>

> I had found this recipe page the other day, I was just wondering if they were

the same recipes from the cookbook or if they are different ones.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> From: lschacht@...

> Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 09:12:50 -0500

> Subject: Re: Vitamix show

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> I just checked that out and they have many how to videos. And here's a page

with lots of recipes. And yes they do have a list of where the demos are.

>

> http://www.vitamix.com/recipes/

>

> Lucille

>