RemedySpot.com

Re: Beets and Beet Greens recipe

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Click Here for my juicing video with beets. Remember to start off slowly with beets, they are very detoxifying and a little goes a long way! ---------------------Rene Oswald, RN, APHBest Beginnings, Inc. Living Food Classes & Consultationswww.rawfoodrene.comwww.reneoswald.com561-775-4867From: DeborahW <debworkman@...> Sent: Thu, January 26, 2012 11:23:08 PMSubject: Beets and Beet Greens recipe

i am sure it is in here somewhere but I need a smoothie recipe using beets and beet greens. I bought some today and want to be sure to use them. I saw fome info posted before, maybe a link to a video. Thanks in advance.

Here is a "Just Beet Smoothie" that I love…/message/18976

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Jan 26, 2012, at 11:23 PM, DeborahW wrote:

i am sure it is in here somewhere but I need a smoothie recipe using beets and beet greens. I bought some today and want to be sure to use them. I saw fome info posted before, maybe a link to a video. Thanks in advance.

The first and only time I used a whole organic beet in my vitamix I ha to run to the bathroom. I was shocked. I'm happy to watch your video. Thank you for the link. •Robbin On Jan 27, 2012, at 6:38 AM, Rene Oswald <Rene.Oswald@...> wrote:

Click Here for my juicing video with beets. Remember to start off slowly with beets, they are very detoxifying and a little goes a long way! ---------------------Rene Oswald, RN, APHBest Beginnings, Inc. Living Food Classes & Consultationswww.rawfoodrene.comwww.reneoswald.com561-775-4867From: DeborahW <debworkman@...> Sent: Thu, January 26, 2012 11:23:08 PMSubject: Beets and Beet Greens recipe

In my early juicing days, I decided if a little beet was good, then a LOT must be better...and since I adored beets anyway, I juiced a whole bunch of them. I ended up calling the poison control center the next morning to see if I was dying..since the "outcome" of the beets in the morning potty looked like pure blood! It was just the coloring of the beets, of course, but it sure looked scary enough! Even now, a small amount of beets will pass out of me in the same color, BUT...I am no longer 17 years old and naive to such things, lol.Sent from my iPadOn Jan 27, 2012, at 8:01 AM, Robbin <diciacco1@...> wrote:

The first and only time I used a whole organic beet in my vitamix I ha to run to the bathroom. I was shocked. I'm happy to watch your video. Thank you for the link. •Robbin On Jan 27, 2012, at 6:38 AM, Rene Oswald <Rene.Oswald@...> wrote:

I often add the greens with my other greens.  I don't usually use the whole bunch at one time though.  And as for the beets, I have been adding a 1/4 to my morning green smoothie.  Beets actually last a long time.  Just cut off the greens and keep them separate - they tend to go bad faster.

RenaIf God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.Happy moments, praise God.

Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 9:23 PM, DeborahW <debworkman@...> wrote:

You can also puree your beets in the Vitamix (add a tiny bit of water if

necessary, and can be cooked or raw beets) Pour the puree into ice cube trays

and freeze until firm, then transfer to a zipper bag or mason jar and store in

the freezer. Great to have on hand to add to a soup, smoothie, gravy, sauce,

etc. Beets add a lovely color to ice creams too, without adding too much

flavor. For vegetarians, beets make a LOVELY red gravy-just thicken with a

little tapioca or cornstarch.

>

> > **

> >

> >

> > i am sure it is in here somewhere but I need a smoothie recipe using beets

> > and beet greens. I bought some today and want to be sure to use them. I saw

> > fome info posted before, maybe a link to a video. Thanks in advance.

> >

> >

> >

>

,I am thinking I remember you saying that you lightly steam your greens. If that is true how do you think that it effects the enzymes..ect....? I believe I am low in iodine ...have a test here to take.  But ....after watching the Renegade Health video I could take iodine supplements and eat them raw...but I think I would have to get my iodine in place first..Just pondering.

KathyOn Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 8:07 AM, Berry <berrywell@...> wrote:

In my early juicing days, I decided if a little beet was good, then a LOT must be better...and since I adored beets anyway, I juiced a whole bunch of them.  I ended up calling the poison control center the next morning to see if I was dying..since the " outcome " of the beets in the morning potty looked like pure blood!  It was just the coloring of the beets, of course, but it sure looked scary enough!  Even now, a small amount of beets will pass out of me in the same color, BUT...I am no longer 17 years old and naive to such things, lol.

Sent from my iPadOn Jan 27, 2012, at 8:01 AM, Robbin <diciacco1@...> wrote:

The first and only time I used a whole organic beet in my vitamix I ha to run to the bathroom.  I was shocked. I'm happy to watch your video. Thank you for the link. •Robbin 

On Jan 27, 2012, at 6:38 AM, Rene Oswald <Rene.Oswald@...> wrote:

Click Here for my juicing video with beets.  Remember to start off slowly with beets, they are very detoxifying and a little goes a long way!  

---------------------Rene Oswald, RN, APHBest Beginnings, Inc. Living Food Classes & Consultationswww.rawfoodrene.com

www.reneoswald.com561-775-4867

Sent: Thu, January 26, 2012 11:23:08 PM

Subject: Beets and Beet Greens recipe

-- Kathy

How about seaweeds ? I buy it by in a package of dried sheets. I cut it into small squares with a pair of scissors that has 5 blades. I roll it about an inch wide, flatten it and cut it lengthwise to almost the end. then cut these ribbons into small squares to put in the food or soup.

Lucille

Sent: Friday, January 27, 2012 10:40 AM

Subject: Re: Beets and Beet Greens recipe

,I am thinking I remember you saying that you lightly steam your greens. If that is true how do you think that it effects the enzymes..ect....? I believe I am low in iodine ...have a test here to take. But ....after watching the Renegade Health video I could take iodine supplements and eat them raw...but I think I would have to get my iodine in place first..Just pondering.Kathy

On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 8:07 AM, Berry <berrywell@...> wrote:

In my early juicing days, I decided if a little beet was good, then a LOT must be better...and since I adored beets anyway, I juiced a whole bunch of them. I ended up calling the poison control center the next morning to see if I was dying..since the "outcome" of the beets in the morning potty looked like pure blood! It was just the coloring of the beets, of course, but it sure looked scary enough! Even now, a small amount of beets will pass out of me in the same color, BUT...I am no longer 17 years old and naive to such things, lol.

Sent from my iPad

On Jan 27, 2012, at 8:01 AM, Robbin <diciacco1@...> wrote:

I do lightly steam most veggies and greens, but that is just me-they are more

digestible for me that way. I use a lot of seaweeds for iodine, as I can make a

simple drink or broth from them, and heating doesn't interfere with that. i

try to get everything I need from whole foods, rather than supplements, so you

can probably find a good balance between steamed and raw. Steamed will

interfere with the ENZYMES, but not with the iodine content.

> >

> >

> >

> > Click Here <

for my juicing

> > video with beets. Remember to start off slowly with beets, they are very

> > detoxifying and a little goes a long way!

> >

> > ---------------------

> > Rene Oswald, RN, APH

> > Best Beginnings, Inc.

> > Living Food Classes & Consultations

> > www.rawfoodrene.com

> > www.reneoswald.com

> > 561-775-4867

> >

> >

> > ------------------------------

> > *From:* DeborahW <debworkman@...>

> > *To:*

> > *Sent:* Thu, January 26, 2012 11:23:08 PM

> > *Subject:* Beets and Beet Greens recipe

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

>

>

>

> --

> Kathy

>

Thank you... I so prefer to take in my nutrients from food....which seaweeds do you use...I would love to do kelp but it causes inflamation in my bladder and wow does that hurt. KathyM

On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 11:07 AM, <berrywell@...> wrote:

I do lightly steam most veggies and greens, but that is just me-they are more digestible for me that way.  I use a lot of seaweeds for iodine, as I can make a simple drink or broth from them, and heating doesn't interfere with that.   i try to get everything I need from whole foods, rather than supplements, so you can probably find a good balance between steamed and raw.  Steamed will interfere with the ENZYMES, but not with the iodine content.

> >

> >

> >

> > Click Here <

for my juicing

> > video with beets.  Remember to start off slowly with beets, they are very

> >

> > Rene Oswald, RN, APH

> > www.rawfoodrene.com

> > www.reneoswald.com

> > 561-775-4867

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

>

>

>

> --

> Kathy

>

------------------------------------

Please bookmark these pages:

/links/

(this is the Links page where I save the answers to FAQs and Answers, Recipes, and LOTS of other helpful information - this page is always being added to)

/links/IMPORTANT__Membership__001327149393/

PLEASE DON'T UNSUBSCRIBE IF YOU ARE GETTING TOO MUCH MAIL!  (if you unsubscribe, you will lose access to the Links page - an Encyclopedia of Collected Vitamix Wisdom!  Go to this link to learn how to stop mail from coming, but STILL be a member of the group so you can STILL visit the Links page and read messages online!

I have trouble with SOME kelp too-same issue, painful bladder! I finally figured out that SOME seaweed is "roasted" with soy oil-THAT is what was causing me trouble! I mostly use arame, hijiki, laver, or wakame, depending on what I can find. I love nori, but it is hard to find any that isn't roasted (often unlabeled as roasted) I use dulse as a seasoning (I grind mine in the Vitamix into a fine powder and store it in a spice bottle).Sent from my iPadOn Jan 27, 2012, at 11:13 AM, Kathy M <spiritfire7@...> wrote:

Thank you... I so prefer to take in my nutrients from food....which seaweeds do you use...I would love to do kelp but it causes inflamation in my bladder and wow does that hurt. KathyM

I do lightly steam most veggies and greens, but that is just me-they are more digestible for me that way. I use a lot of seaweeds for iodine, as I can make a simple drink or broth from them, and heating doesn't interfere with that. i try to get everything I need from whole foods, rather than supplements, so you can probably find a good balance between steamed and raw. Steamed will interfere with the ENZYMES, but not with the iodine content.

> >

> >

> >

> > Click Here <

for my juicing

> >

> > Rene Oswald, RN, APH

> > www.rawfoodrene.com

> > www.reneoswald.com

> > 561-775-4867

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

>

>

>

> --

> Kathy

>

/links/

(this is the Links page where I save the answers to FAQs and Answers, Recipes, and LOTS of other helpful information - this page is always being added to)

PLEASE DON'T UNSUBSCRIBE IF YOU ARE GETTING TOO MUCH MAIL! (if you unsubscribe, you will lose access to the Links page - an Encyclopedia of Collected Vitamix Wisdom! Go to this link to learn how to stop mail from coming, but STILL be a member of the group so you can STILL visit the Links page and read messages online!

I just took my package out to see what it is. "Nagai's roasted seaweed Sushinori". The package hold 10 sheets 8x7 inches. I bought it online but don't remember where. There's so many different seaweeds that you could try. I've seen some in the whole food store that are in spice like containers. Try doing a seaweed search. Amazon must have some too.

Lucille

Sent: Friday, January 27, 2012 11:13 AM

Subject: Re: Re: Beets and Beet Greens recipe

I do lightly steam most veggies and greens, but that is just me-they are more digestible for me that way. I use a lot of seaweeds for iodine, as I can make a simple drink or broth from them, and heating doesn't interfere with that. i try to get everything I need from whole foods, rather than supplements, so you can probably find a good balance between steamed and raw. Steamed will interfere with the ENZYMES, but not with the iodine content.> >> >> >> > Click Here <

for my juicing> > video with beets. Remember to start off slowly with beets, they are very> > detoxifying and a little goes a long way!> >> > ---------------------> > Rene Oswald, RN, APH> > Best Beginnings, Inc.> > Living Food Classes & Consultations> > www.rawfoodrene.com> > www.reneoswald.com> > 561-775-4867> >> >> > ------------------------------> > *From:* DeborahW <debworkman@...>> > *To:* > > *Sent:* Thu, January 26, 2012 11:23:08 PM> > *Subject:* Beets and Beet Greens recipe> >> >> >> > i am sure it is in here somewhere but I need a smoothie recipe using beets> > and beet greens. I bought some today and want to be sure to use them. I saw> > fome info posted before, maybe a link to a video. Thanks in advance.> >> >> >> >>>>>> --> Kathy>------------------------------------Please bookmark these pages:/links/(this is the Links page where I save the answers to FAQs and Answers, Recipes, and LOTS of other helpful information - this page is always being added to)/links/IMPORTANT__Membership__001327149393/PLEASE DON'T UNSUBSCRIBE IF YOU ARE GETTING TOO MUCH MAIL! (if you unsubscribe, you will lose access to the Links page - an Encyclopedia of Collected Vitamix Wisdom! Go to this link to learn how to stop mail from coming, but STILL be a member of the group so you can STILL visit the Links page and read messages online!

,You are an unbelievable blessing to me!!! I have never met anyone who has had this problem.They think I am crazzzzzzy.LOLDoes anything else bother your bladder? Carlton kelp and Sea Seasoning powdered kelp did the same thing.I had no idea they could be roasted with soy oil. You shared you had a problem with some kelp..did you ever find one that worked? What brand of seaweeds have you been successful with?

KathyMOn Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 11:20 AM, Berry <berrywell@...> wrote:

I have trouble with SOME kelp too-same issue, painful bladder!  I finally figured out that SOME seaweed is " roasted " with soy oil-THAT is what was causing me trouble!  I mostly use arame, hijiki, laver, or wakame, depending on what I can find.  I love nori, but it is hard to find any that isn't roasted (often unlabeled as roasted)  I use dulse as a seasoning (I grind mine in the Vitamix into a fine powder and store it in a spice bottle).

Sent from my iPadOn Jan 27, 2012, at 11:13 AM, Kathy M <spiritfire7@...> wrote:

I do lightly steam most veggies and greens, but that is just me-they are more digestible for me that way.  I use a lot of seaweeds for iodine, as I can make a simple drink or broth from them, and heating doesn't interfere with that.   i try to get everything I need from whole foods, rather than supplements, so you can probably find a good balance between steamed and raw.  Steamed will interfere with the ENZYMES, but not with the iodine content.

> >

> >

> >

> > Click Here <

for my juicing

> > video with beets.  Remember to start off slowly with beets, they are very

> >

> > Rene Oswald, RN, APH

> > www.rawfoodrene.com

> > www.reneoswald.com

> > 561-775-4867

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

>

>

>

> --

> Kathy

>

/links/

PLEASE DON'T UNSUBSCRIBE IF YOU ARE GETTING TOO MUCH MAIL!  (if you unsubscribe, you will lose access to the Links page - an Encyclopedia of Collected Vitamix Wisdom!  Go to this link to learn how to stop mail from coming, but STILL be a member of the group so you can STILL visit the Links page and read messages online!

Thank you Lucille... I guess I need to avoid the roasted ones as was sharing.KathymOn Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 11:27 AM, Lucille <lschacht@...> wrote:

I just took my package out to see what it is.    " Nagai's roasted seaweed Sushinori " .  The package hold 10 sheets  8x7 inches.  I bought it online but don't remember where.     There's so many different seaweeds that you could try.    I've seen some in the whole food store that are in spice like containers.   Try doing a seaweed search.   Amazon must have some too.

Lucille

I do lightly steam most veggies and greens, but that is just me-they are more digestible for me that way.  I use a lot of seaweeds for iodine, as I can make a simple drink or broth from them, and heating doesn't interfere with that.   i try to get everything I need from whole foods, rather than supplements, so you can probably find a good balance between steamed and raw.  Steamed will interfere with the ENZYMES, but not with the iodine content.> >> >> >> > Click Here <

for my juicing> > video with beets.  Remember to start off slowly with beets, they are very> > detoxifying and a little goes a long way!> >> > ---------------------> > Rene Oswald, RN, APH> > Best Beginnings, Inc.> > Living Food Classes & Consultations> > www.rawfoodrene.com> > www.reneoswald.com> > 561-775-4867> >> >> > ------------------------------> > *From:* DeborahW <debworkman@...>> > *To:* > > *Sent:* Thu, January 26, 2012 11:23:08 PM> > *Subject:* Beets and Beet Greens recipe> >> >> >> > i am sure it is in here somewhere but I need a smoothie recipe using beets> > and beet greens. I bought some today and want to be sure to use them. I saw> > fome info posted before, maybe a link to a video. Thanks in advance.> >> >> >> >>>>>> --> Kathy>------------------------------------Please bookmark these pages:/links/(this is the Links page where I save the answers to FAQs and Answers, Recipes, and LOTS of other helpful information - this page is always being added to)/links/IMPORTANT__Membership__001327149393/

I also have a few packages of "Maine Coast Sea vegetables" sea lettuce flakes. It's in a 3 oz ziplock bag.

www.seaveg.com

Lucille

Sent: Friday, January 27, 2012 11:27 AM

I just took my package out to see what it is. "Nagai's roasted seaweed Sushinori". The package hold 10 sheets 8x7 inches. I bought it online but don't remember where. There's so many different seaweeds that you could try. I've seen some in the whole food store that are in spice like containers. Try doing a seaweed search. Amazon must have some too.

Lucille

I do lightly steam most veggies and greens, but that is just me-they are more digestible for me that way. I use a lot of seaweeds for iodine, as I can make a simple drink or broth from them, and heating doesn't interfere with that. i try to get everything I need from whole foods, rather than supplements, so you can probably find a good balance between steamed and raw. Steamed will interfere with the ENZYMES, but not with the iodine content.> >> >> >> > Click Here <

for my juicing> > video with beets. Remember to start off slowly with beets, they are very> > detoxifying and a little goes a long way!> >> > ---------------------> > Rene Oswald, RN, APH> > Best Beginnings, Inc.> > Living Food Classes & Consultations> > www.rawfoodrene.com> > www.reneoswald.com> > 561-775-4867> >> >> > ------------------------------> > *From:* DeborahW <debworkman@...>> > *To:* > > *Sent:* Thu, January 26, 2012 11:23:08 PM> > *Subject:* Beets and Beet Greens recipe> >> >> >> > i am sure it is in here somewhere but I need a smoothie recipe using beets> > and beet greens. I bought some today and want to be sure to use them. I saw> > fome info posted before, maybe a link to a video. Thanks in advance.> >> >> >> >>>>>> --> Kathy>------------------------------------Please bookmark these pages:/links/(this is the Links page where I save the answers to FAQs and Answers, Recipes, and LOTS of other helpful information - this page is always being added to)/links/IMPORTANT__Membership__001327149393/PLEASE DON'T UNSUBSCRIBE IF YOU ARE GETTING TOO MUCH MAIL! (if you unsubscribe, you will lose access to the Links page - an Encyclopedia of Collected Vitamix Wisdom! Go to this link to learn how to stop mail from coming, but STILL be a member of the group so you can STILL visit the Links page and read messages online!

OOOOh, I can't even begin to tell you what effects my bladder-I was diagnosed with interstitial cystitis, and had 17 surgeries on my bladder before realizing it was ALL allergic responses to food and chemicals!!! Suffered for years with it, but no more, since identifying and eliminating my triggers!! Laundry detergent (even the unscented kind) is like kryptonite for my bladder, as is the scent of nail polish remover, after shave, and most soaps. Dye in my UNDERWEAR of all things! (switched to all white cotton, wash my clothes only in baking soda and peroxide and avoid scents/soaps as much as possible). Food wise, the big triggers for my bladder are anything with salicylates or amines, which is why I eat very little (pretty much NO) fruit, except fresh pears that I grow myself, so I only have a few of those in the spring. I avoid foods high in oxalates as well, or at least limit them. I found an oriental grocer in Atlanta that carries bulk seaweeds, and that is where I get mine-there is no brand on them, since they are bulk. You are welcome to email me offlist for more bladder tips-I KNOW, oh, how I KNOW how horrid the issues with that are!!Sent from my iPadOn Jan 27, 2012, at 11:30 AM, Kathy M <spiritfire7@...> wrote:

,You are an unbelievable blessing to me!!! I have never met anyone who has had this problem.They think I am crazzzzzzy.LOLDoes anything else bother your bladder? Carlton kelp and Sea Seasoning powdered kelp did the same thing.I had no idea they could be roasted with soy oil. You shared you had a problem with some kelp..did you ever find one that worked? What brand of seaweeds have you been successful with?

KathyMOn Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 11:20 AM, Berry <berrywell@...> wrote:

I have trouble with SOME kelp too-same issue, painful bladder! I finally figured out that SOME seaweed is "roasted" with soy oil-THAT is what was causing me trouble! I mostly use arame, hijiki, laver, or wakame, depending on what I can find. I love nori, but it is hard to find any that isn't roasted (often unlabeled as roasted) I use dulse as a seasoning (I grind mine in the Vitamix into a fine powder and store it in a spice bottle).

Sent from my iPadOn Jan 27, 2012, at 11:13 AM, Kathy M <spiritfire7@...> wrote:

I do lightly steam most veggies and greens, but that is just me-they are more digestible for me that way. I use a lot of seaweeds for iodine, as I can make a simple drink or broth from them, and heating doesn't interfere with that. i try to get everything I need from whole foods, rather than supplements, so you can probably find a good balance between steamed and raw. Steamed will interfere with the ENZYMES, but not with the iodine content.

> >

> >

> >

> > Click Here <

for my juicing

> >

> > Rene Oswald, RN, APH

> > www.rawfoodrene.com

> > www.reneoswald.com

> > 561-775-4867

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

>

>

>

> --

> Kathy

>

/links/

PLEASE DON'T UNSUBSCRIBE IF YOU ARE GETTING TOO MUCH MAIL! (if you unsubscribe, you will lose access to the Links page - an Encyclopedia of Collected Vitamix Wisdom! Go to this link to learn how to stop mail from coming, but STILL be a member of the group so you can STILL visit the Links page and read messages online!

If it says "roasted", you can be sure it was brushed with soy oil (or possible corn oil or both). It's fairly easy to tell once you know what seaweeds SHOULD look like-if it is shiny, it is roasted...if it is dull, it likely hasn't been roasted. I ran in to the same issue with coffee beans-thought I was reacting to the bean itself, turns out it was the roasting process-soy oil! I no longer drink coffee, but when I still did, I just bought green organic coffee beans and roasted them myself.Sent from my iPadOn Jan 27, 2012, at 11:31 AM, Kathy M <spiritfire7@...> wrote:

Thank you Lucille... I guess I need to avoid the roasted ones as was sharing.KathymOn Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 11:27 AM, Lucille <lschacht@...> wrote:

Lucille

for my juicing> > video with beets. Remember to start off slowly with beets, they are very> > detoxifying and a little goes a long way!> >> > ---------------------> > Rene Oswald, RN, APH> > Best Beginnings, Inc.> > Living Food Classes & Consultations> > www.rawfoodrene.com> > www.reneoswald.com> > 561-775-4867> >> >> > ------------------------------> > *From:* DeborahW <debworkman@...>> > *To:* > > *Sent:* Thu, January 26, 2012 11:23:08 PM> > *Subject:* Beets and Beet Greens recipe> >> >> >> > i am sure it is in here somewhere but I need a smoothie recipe using beets> > and beet greens. I bought some today and want to be sure to use them. I saw> > fome info posted before, maybe a link to a video. Thanks in advance.> >> >> >> >>>>>> --> Kathy>------------------------------------Please bookmark these pages:/links/(this is the Links page where I save the answers to FAQs and Answers, Recipes, and LOTS of other helpful information - this page is always being added to)/links/IMPORTANT__Membership__001327149393/

Do yours say roasted?KathyOn Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 11:35 AM, Lucille <lschacht@...> wrote:

I also have a few packages of  " Maine Coast Sea vegetables "     sea lettuce flakes.     It's in a 3 oz ziplock bag.  

www.seaveg.com 

Lucille

I just took my package out to see what it is.    " Nagai's roasted seaweed Sushinori " .  The package hold 10 sheets  8x7 inches.  I bought it online but don't remember where.     There's so many different seaweeds that you could try.    I've seen some in the whole food store that are in spice like containers.   Try doing a seaweed search.   Amazon must have some too.

Lucille

I do lightly steam most veggies and greens, but that is just me-they are more digestible for me that way.  I use a lot of seaweeds for iodine, as I can make a simple drink or broth from them, and heating doesn't interfere with that.   i try to get everything I need from whole foods, rather than supplements, so you can probably find a good balance between steamed and raw.  Steamed will interfere with the ENZYMES, but not with the iodine content.> >> >> >> > Click Here <

for my juicing> > video with beets.  Remember to start off slowly with beets, they are very> > detoxifying and a little goes a long way!> >> > ---------------------> > Rene Oswald, RN, APH> > Best Beginnings, Inc.> > Living Food Classes & Consultations> > www.rawfoodrene.com> > www.reneoswald.com> > 561-775-4867> >> >> > ------------------------------> > *From:* DeborahW <debworkman@...>> > *To:* > > *Sent:* Thu, January 26, 2012 11:23:08 PM> > *Subject:* Beets and Beet Greens recipe> >> >> >> > i am sure it is in here somewhere but I need a smoothie recipe using beets> > and beet greens. I bought some today and want to be sure to use them. I saw> > fome info posted before, maybe a link to a video. Thanks in advance.> >> >> >> >>>>>> --> Kathy>------------------------------------Please bookmark these pages:/links/(this is the Links page where I save the answers to FAQs and Answers, Recipes, and LOTS of other helpful information - this page is always being added to)/links/IMPORTANT__Membership__001327149393/

No, the sea lettuce does not say roasted. It shows in the video that they hang it to dry. There's a couple video on that link with also links to recipes and contents of nutrition in the different seaweed. Lots of information on the web site.

Lucille

Sent: Friday, January 27, 2012 12:02 PM

Do yours say roasted?Kathy

On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 11:35 AM, Lucille <lschacht@...> wrote:

I also have a few packages of "Maine Coast Sea vegetables" sea lettuce flakes. It's in a 3 oz ziplock bag.

www.seaveg.com

Lucille

Lucille

Thank you so much...KathyMOn Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 2:49 PM, Lucille <lschacht@...> wrote:

No, the sea lettuce does not say roasted.  It shows in the video that they hang it to dry.   There's a couple video on that link with also links to recipes and contents of nutrition in the different seaweed.    Lots of information on the web site.

Lucille

Sent: Friday, January 27, 2012 12:02 PM

Do yours say roasted?Kathy

On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 11:35 AM, Lucille <lschacht@...> wrote:

I also have a few packages of  " Maine Coast Sea vegetables "     sea lettuce flakes.     It's in a 3 oz ziplock bag.  

www.seaveg.com 

Lucille

Lucille

for my juicing> > video with beets.  Remember to start off slowly with beets, they are very> > detoxifying and a little goes a long way!> >> > ---------------------> > Rene Oswald, RN, APH> > Best Beginnings, Inc.> > Living Food Classes & Consultations> > www.rawfoodrene.com> > www.reneoswald.com> > 561-775-4867

> >> >> > ------------------------------> > *From:* DeborahW <debworkman@...>> > *To:* > > *Sent:* Thu, January 26, 2012 11:23:08 PM> > *Subject:* Beets and Beet Greens recipe> >> >> >> > i am sure it is in here somewhere but I need a smoothie recipe using beets> > and beet greens. I bought some today and want to be sure to use them. I saw> > fome info posted before, maybe a link to a video. Thanks in advance.> >> >> >> >>>>>> --> Kathy>------------------------------------Please bookmark these pages:/links/(this is the Links page where I save the answers to FAQs and Answers, Recipes, and LOTS of other helpful information - this page is always being added to)/links/IMPORTANT__Membership__001327149393/

I don't have the bladder issue, but read an account that someone else

wrote on it. This person had painful bladder and said drinking water

with baking soda calmed it down. I don't know what this is about, but I

thought I'd just mention in case there's something to it.

Amy

Thank you... I so prefer to take in my nutrients from food....which

seaweeds do you use...I would love to do kelp but it causes inflamation

in my bladder and wow does that hurt.

KathyM

I have terrible bladder issues also. I learned that staying away from any kind

of peppers really made a big difference. My son loves them and wants all his

dinners to have some spice, so that makes it tough to find things we both like

and can eat! I seem to do better off of olives and olive oil as well.

>

> ,

> You are an unbelievable blessing to me!!! I have never met anyone who has

> had this problem.They think I am crazzzzzzy.LOL

> Does anything else bother your bladder? Carlton kelp and Sea

Baking soda is great for balancing the pH of the bladder, but often the

inflamation is cause by it being to low in pH. If you have test strips, you can

reduce the pH with baking soda if it is too acidic, or acidify it with apple

cider vinegar if it is too alkaline. Thanks for mentioning it though-it sure

does help, when acidity is the problem.

>

> I don't have the bladder issue, but read an account that someone else

> wrote on it. This person had painful bladder and said drinking water

> with baking soda calmed it down. I don't know what this is about, but I

> thought I'd just mention in case there's something to it.

>

> Amy

>

>

> From: Kathy M

>

> Thank you... I so prefer to take in my nutrients from food....which

> seaweeds do you use...I would love to do kelp but it causes inflamation

> in my bladder and wow does that hurt.

>

> KathyM

>

I have/had the same issues, -my daughter LOVES peppers in

everything....one way we get around it is by cooking meals in mason jars in our

solar oven-she can have the ingredients she wants in her jar, and I can have

what I want in mine (great for omlets), or, I just serve her some chopped

peppers on the side with her meals so she can add them.

> >

> > ,

> > You are an unbelievable blessing to me!!! I have never met anyone who has

> > had this problem.They think I am crazzzzzzy.LOL

> > Does anything else bother your bladder? Carlton kelp and Sea

>

,This is where I purchase my seaweed – its delicious, especially the soft red dulse  http://www.theseaweedman.com/ Bonnie www.bonniesherbals.com“creating radiance with herbs and water†http://www.facebook.com/RadiantHealthforLifehttp://www.twitter.com/_RadiantHealthhttp://www.linkedin.com/in/bonnierogersComing soon:  we are rebranding, our new name will be www.RadiantHealthforLife.com.com