RemedySpot.com

Re: Vitamix Spatulas/Protein Bars

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hmmmmm, protein bars in the VM?? I'll have to look for a recipe for that...and be careful not to melt my spatula.Ginny From: Tony Szpara <tszpara@...> Sent: Sunday, January 29, 2012 3:39 PM Subject: Re: Vitamix Spatulas

I like mine except when I am making protein bars.

It melted it and the spatula had a curve in it at the end.

Tony

Here is another super easy way to make protein bars. You can use the pulp left

in your nutmilk bags after you strain juice, or just chop op some fruits and

veggies for the sole purpose of making the bars. Just put the pulp (or chopped

stuf) in a large bowl after straining off as much liquid as possible (salad

spinner works great, with the contents tied in the nutmilk bag to keep them from

going through the small slits in the spinner) To the pulp, add a scoop of greek

yogurt (Fage brand is wonderful) a bit of cocoa powder,, some honey or agave

nectar and some seeds (pumpkin, sunflower, flax, chia, etc) crushed nuts, and

shredded coconut, if desired (pretty much anything goes here) Blend this all up

well (I find a large fork works best-then mash like a dough with your hands)

Roll the " dough " into a log, similar to " slice and bake cookies " , then wrap in

freezer paper and freese JUST until firm enough to slice-about 1/2 hour. SLice

it in to rounds like you would slice and bakes. You can eat these " as is " , or

dehydrate them for about 8 hours (I do mine overnight) so they are crunchy.

They can be individually wrapped in freezer paper and stored in the freezer-I

just grab a couple on my way out the door and tuck them in my purse. By the

time I am ready to eat them, they have thawed to just the right temp.

>

>

> Yum! Those sound great. Thanks for the link! Think I'll try and make those

this week. I've never heard of Lara Bars.

>

Most at the gym use them since we don't use soy, sugar, processed foods or legumes (peanuts)

Tony

Re: Vitamix Spatulas/Protein Bars

Yum! Those sound great. Thanks for the link! Think I'll try and make those this week. I've never heard of Lara Bars.

Sounds fantastic - thanks for the tip, !!Ginny From: <berrywell@...> Sent: Monday, January 30, 2012 6:48 AM Subject: Re: Vitamix Spatulas/Protein Bars

Here is another super easy way to make protein bars. You can use the pulp left in your nutmilk bags after you strain juice, or just chop op some fruits and veggies for the sole purpose of making the bars. Just put the pulp (or chopped stuf) in a large bowl after straining off as much liquid as possible (salad spinner works great, with the contents tied in the nutmilk bag to keep them from going through the small slits in the spinner) To the pulp, add a scoop of greek yogurt (Fage brand is wonderful) a bit of cocoa powder,, some honey or agave nectar and some seeds (pumpkin, sunflower, flax, chia, etc) crushed nuts, and shredded coconut, if desired (pretty much anything goes here) Blend this all up well (I find a large fork works best-then mash like a dough with your hands) Roll the "dough" into a log, similar to "slice and bake cookies", then wrap in freezer paper and freese JUST until firm enough to slice-about 1/2 hour. SLice it in to rounds

like you would slice and bakes. You can eat these "as is", or dehydrate them for about 8 hours (I do mine overnight) so they are crunchy. They can be individually wrapped in freezer paper and stored in the freezer-I just grab a couple on my way out the door and tuck them in my purse. By the time I am ready to eat them, they have thawed to just the right temp.

>

>

> Yum! Those sound great. Thanks for the link! Think I'll try and make those this week. I've never heard of Lara Bars.

>

I've used Lara bars in the past, so thanks for the link - I'll definitely make them!Ginny From: "tszpara@..." <tszpara@...> Sent: Monday, January 30, 2012 5:40 AM Subject: Re: Vitamix Spatulas/Protein Bars

Here's a link to get you started.

http://www.toadhaven.com/Homemade%20Lara%20Bars.html

Tony

Re: Vitamix Spatulas

I like mine except when I am making protein bars.It melted it and the spatula had a curve in it at the end.Tony

Ok, not sure why this posted like 5 times. Sorry for the duplicates, everyone!

Sometimes my phone doesn't work as it should. I only replied to this once...

>

>

> Yum! Those sound great. Thanks for the link! Think I'll try and make those

this week. I've never heard of Lara Bars.

>

I think that is a hiccup! this is happening to others in other groups Patti From: MO <olsonmlb@...> Sent: Monday, January 30, 2012 1:48 PM Subject: Re: Vitamix Spatulas/Protein Bars

Ok, not sure why this posted like 5 times. Sorry for the duplicates, everyone! Sometimes my phone doesn't work as it should. I only replied to this once...

>

>

> Yum! Those sound great. Thanks for the link! Think I'll try and make those this week. I've never heard of Lara Bars.

>