RemedySpot.com

How to Make Coconut Bites

Rate this topic

Guest guest

How to Make Coconut Bites or BitsI added directions to my photos:/photos/album/1628065550/pic/1308584975/view?picmode= & mode=tn & order=ordinal & start=1 & count=20 & dir=ascYou could use either container 6 cups of flakes will fill the 48 oz. container to the top, but it will shrink in volume quickly. I would pour the flakes in the container, run it on high until the volume reduces a little. Grab the kind of spoon you eat with, scoop out a glob and plop that in and blend on high some more. Keep adding oil (if necessary) until it all blends easily. It is up to you how you want your bites to turn out - dryer and more coconut texture = less coconut oil. Since it is the coconut oil that I'm after (for the health benefits) I add oil liberally. The more oil = the more solid it will be in the fridge. There really is no right or wrong way to make them. Don't forget that you can also just make it, pour it in a jar and eat it soft like nut butter (if you keep it on a counter in a house that is above 76° F.Adding nuts during or after blending (or both :-) is also optional.

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Feb 6, 2012, at 9:06 AM, Becky May wrote:

I went to the grocery store yesterday afternoon and bought the coconut and coconut oil to make the "bites." Can anyone give me some idea of how much of the coconut oil I need to use with 6 cups of the coconut? I am anxious to try these little bites as they look and sound delicious. Also, would you recommend using the 48 or 64 oz container?

Thanks

Becky