Rate this topic

Guest guest

It would be interesting to see what was in it, so maybe one of the

experts here could figure out why it tasted so bad. Also so we can

avoid using the recipe. LOL

I am sure someone will find you a good recipe, when they all wake up

(I am here on the west coast so the last of the members in the US to

go to bed, where I am headed shortly). I have not made tomato soup,

but it would be a great to have a good recipe.

Velda

On 1/22/2012 10:15 PM, Liane Barr wrote:

Hi there,

I'm somewhat new to Vitamix and made a homemade tomato soup

tonight using a Blendtex recipe (i found it in their recipe

book when the demo gal was at Costco last week). Anyhow, it

was so awful tasting I threw the entire batch out.

Anyone out there have a great tomato soup recipe that is

somewhat healthy??

Thank you in advance.

Liane :)

The ingredients that the Blendtec recipe called for is below. I am not sure why it turned out so sour and gross... but I do not recommend this recipe at all and was hoping someone could recommend something yummy that involves tomatoes. :)"Living Foods Tomato Vege Soup" by Blendtec1 cup liquid (water, broth or vege juice) I used V8 low sodium juice5-6 large tomatoes1 cut purple cabbage1/2 small onion1/4 cup fresh basil leaves2-3 garlic clovesAfter making this soup i was hoping for success... but I had to dump the entire contents down the drain (waste of $$ and time). It was so sour and gross.... Any suggestions from any Vitamix pros

out there? I live in Manhattan Beach, CA and we are to have a big rain storm tomorrow, so I was excited to make some hot yummy soup for the storm. Figures that the competitors soup was terrible. LOLThank you in advance for any comments.Liane

Click Here for my Taco Soup, it's more than just tomato, but thought you might like it. Enjoy!---------------------Rene Oswald, RN, APHBest Beginnings, Inc. Living Food Classes & Consultationswww.rawfoodrene.comwww.reneoswald.com561-775-4867From: Velda <solomon@...> Sent: Mon, January 23, 2012 1:28:03 AMSubject: Re: Tomato Soup recipe

It would be interesting to see what was in it, so maybe one of the

experts here could figure out why it tasted so bad. Also so we can

avoid using the recipe. LOL

I am sure someone will find you a good recipe, when they all wake up

(I am here on the west coast so the last of the members in the US to

go to bed, where I am headed shortly). I have not made tomato soup,

but it would be a great to have a good recipe.

Velda

Hi there,

I'm somewhat new to Vitamix and made a homemade tomato soup

tonight using a Blendtex recipe (i found it in their recipe

book when the demo gal was at Costco last week). Anyhow, it

was so awful tasting I threw the entire batch out.

Anyone out there have a great tomato soup recipe that is

somewhat healthy??

Thank you in advance.

Liane :)

I put the link to this (Rene's Taco Soup) in the recipes folder under the

" Blended Salads / Cold Green Soups / " Saloups " / All-Veggie Smoothies / V8 Juice

Recipes " sub-folder.

Blessings,

Lea Ann Savage

Satellite Beach, FL

(321) 773-7088 (home)

(321-961-9219 (cell)

www.VitamixLady.com

www..com

<:)))><

On Jan 23, 2012, at 3:59 AM, Rene Oswald wrote:

Click Here

for my Taco Soup, it's

more than just tomato, but thought you might like it. Enjoy!

---------------------

Rene Oswald, RN, APH

Best Beginnings, Inc.

Living Food Classes & Consultations

www.rawfoodrene.com

www.reneoswald.com

561-775-4867

Sent: Mon, January 23, 2012 1:28:03 AM

Subject: Re: Tomato Soup recipe

It would be interesting to see what was in it, so maybe one of the experts here

could figure out why it tasted so bad. Also so we can avoid using the recipe.

LOL

I am sure someone will find you a good recipe, when they all wake up (I am here

on the west coast so the last of the members in the US to go to bed, where I am

headed shortly). I have not made tomato soup, but it would be a great to have a

good recipe.

Velda

> Hi there,

> I'm somewhat new to Vitamix and made a homemade tomato soup tonight using a

Blendtex recipe (i found it in their recipe book when the demo gal was at Costco

last week). Anyhow, it was so awful tasting I threw the entire batch out.

>

> Anyone out there have a great tomato soup recipe that is somewhat healthy??

>

> Thank you in advance.

>

> Liane :)

What does "one cut purple cabbage" mean? One wedge cut from the head, or one head cut up? Which did you use? If you used a whole head of purple cabbage raw, that would be what made it taste "off" (IMO).

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Jan 23, 2012, at 2:50 AM, Liane Barr wrote:

The ingredients that the Blendtec recipe called for is below. I am not sure why it turned out so sour and gross... but I do not recommend this recipe at all and was hoping someone could recommend something yummy that involves tomatoes. :)"Living Foods Tomato Vege Soup" by Blendtec1 cup liquid (water, broth or vege juice) I used V8 low sodium juice5-6 large tomatoes1 cut purple cabbage1/2 small onion1/4 cup fresh basil leaves2-3 garlic clovesAfter making this soup i was hoping for success... but I had to dump the entire contents down the drain (waste of $$ and time). It was so sour and gross.... Any suggestions from any Vitamix pros

out there? I live in Manhattan Beach, CA and we are to have a big rain storm tomorrow, so I was excited to make some hot yummy soup for the storm. Figures that the competitors soup was terrible. LOLThank you in advance for any comments.Liane

Oh, my - I didn't keep reading down the recipe. If you made this raw and used 1/2 of an onion, and 3 coves of garlic - that would be overwhelming too. If you roasted or steamed or sautéed the veggies first, the bitter taste would be gone.IF you use onion or garlic and want to keep it raw, use only a LITTLE bit. I use a very thin slice of onion and one small or medium clove of garlic in my Tortilla Soup in a show. If you like the taste of garlic and onion, cook them somehow (roasting is great) before blending.

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Jan 23, 2012, at 6:37 AM, Lea Ann Savage wrote:

What does "one cut purple cabbage" mean? One wedge cut from the head, or one head cut up? Which did you use? If you used a whole head of purple cabbage raw, that would be what made it taste "off" (IMO).

On Jan 23, 2012, at 2:50 AM, Liane Barr wrote:

Try to find a s clone recipe and add red cabbage (which you won’t taste) and some carrot. But tomato soup will taste better when you can get fresh summer tomatoes. This time of year I would use canned tomato juice.

A

Blendtec owner