> 2 cups pecans

> 2-3 tbs coconut oil

> few shakes of salt

> 1 tbs raw honey

> 1-2 tsp vanilla extract

>

> I'm eating it out of the container.

>

> I'm trying to put it on celery for a snack tomorrow.

>

> Tony

>

>

> ------------------------------------

>

> Please bookmark these pages:

>

> /links/

> (this is the Links page where I save the answers to FAQs and Answers, Recipes,

and LOTS of other helpful information - this page is always being added to)

>

>

/links/IMPORTANT_VitamixE\

nthusiasts_Membership__001327149393/

> PLEASE DON'T UNSUBSCRIBE IF YOU ARE GETTING TOO MUCH MAIL! (if you

unsubscribe, you will lose access to the Links page - an Encyclopedia of

Collected Vitamix Wisdom! Go to this link to learn how to stop mail from

coming, but STILL be a member of the group so you can STILL visit the Links page

and read messages online!

Hey Velda,The coconut bites in these pictures that are a bit on the brown side were made with almonds and coconut flakes…/photos/album/1628065550/pic/listSo yes, you can do it with dry coconut.Tony - please report what the texture is like when you use fresh - sounds interesting to me!

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Feb 3, 2012, at 2:01 AM, Velda wrote:

I bet I could make that with almonds. Sure sounds good. I wonder if dry

coconut could be used.

Velda

On 2/2/2012 7:05 PM, Tony Szpara wrote:

> Got the recipe here

>

> http://paleomg.com/pecan-coconut-butter/

>

> I used 1 cup fresh coconut

> 2 cups pecans

> 2-3 tbs coconut oil

> few shakes of salt

> 1 tbs raw honey

>

>

>

> Tony

>

>

>

>

> /links/

> (this is the Links page where I save the answers to FAQs and Answers, Recipes, and LOTS of other helpful information - this page is always being added to)

>

> /links/IMPORTANT__Membership__001327149393/

> PLEASE DON'T UNSUBSCRIBE IF YOU ARE GETTING TOO MUCH MAIL! (if you unsubscribe, you will lose access to the Links page - an Encyclopedia of Collected Vitamix Wisdom! Go to this link to learn how to stop mail from coming, but STILL be a member of the group so you can STILL visit the Links page and read messages online!

Lea Ann--remind me again what coconut flakes are??  I'm thinking I need to try these bites!StaceyOn Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 6:27 AM, Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> wrote:

Hey Velda,The coconut bites in these pictures that are a bit on the brown side were made with almonds and coconut flakes…/photos/album/1628065550/pic/list

So yes, you can do it with dry coconut.Tony - please report what the texture is like when you use fresh - sounds interesting to me!

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.VitamixLady.comwww..com

<:)))><

coconut could be used.

Velda

> Got the recipe here

>

>

> 2 cups pecans

> 2-3 tbs coconut oil

> few shakes of salt

> 1 tbs raw honey

>

>

>

> Tony

>

>

>

>

> /links/

> (this is the Links page where I save the answers to FAQs and Answers, Recipes, and LOTS of other helpful information - this page is always being added to)

>

> PLEASE DON'T UNSUBSCRIBE IF YOU ARE GETTING TOO MUCH MAIL! (if you unsubscribe, you will lose access to the Links page - an Encyclopedia of Collected Vitamix Wisdom! Go to this link to learn how to stop mail from coming, but STILL be a member of the group so you can STILL visit the Links page and read messages online!

Sorry--found the link--had been looking in the wrong place!  So you " can " use what you buy at a health food store if you add more coconut oil.  I was wanting to get some today (on that big city trip! lol)

StaceyOn Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 7:19 AM, ssummers1 tds.net <ssummers1@...> wrote:

Lea Ann--remind me again what coconut flakes are??  I'm thinking I need to try these bites!StaceyOn Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 6:27 AM, Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> wrote:

Hey Velda,The coconut bites in these pictures that are a bit on the brown side were made with almonds and coconut flakes…/photos/album/1628065550/pic/list

So yes, you can do it with dry coconut.Tony - please report what the texture is like when you use fresh - sounds interesting to me!

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.VitamixLady.comwww..com

coconut could be used.

Velda

> Got the recipe here

>

>

> 2 cups pecans

> 2-3 tbs coconut oil

> few shakes of salt

> 1 tbs raw honey

>

>

>

> Tony

>

>

>

>

> /links/

>

Yes, I've determined (through making many batches) that as long as you keep adding coconut oil, you can get any brand of unsweetened, dried coconut flakes (or shreds) to end up as Coconut Butter.Since it is the coconut oil that I'm after (for the health benefits) I am liberal with the coconut oil, and it is the coconut flakes that give it the awesome flavor/texture that comes with coconut bites.

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Feb 3, 2012, at 8:26 AM, ssummers1 tds.net wrote:

Sorry--found the link--had been looking in the wrong place! So you "can" use what you buy at a health food store if you add more coconut oil. I was wanting to get some today (on that big city trip! lol)

StaceyOn Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 7:19 AM, ssummers1 tds.net <ssummers1@...> wrote:

Lea Ann--remind me again what coconut flakes are?? I'm thinking I need to try these bites!StaceyOn Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 6:27 AM, Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> wrote:

coconut could be used.

Velda

> Got the recipe here

>

>

> 2 cups pecans

> 2-3 tbs coconut oil

> few shakes of salt

> 1 tbs raw honey

>

>

>

> Tony

>

>

>

>

> /links/

>

I used some fresh coconut I had. (Looks like a pencil eraser.)

Actually smoother than my almond butter.

Easy to get out of the container.

Almost like a thick jam or jelly.

Tony

Re: OMG Pecan Coconut butter

Hey Velda,

The coconut bites in these pictures that are a bit on the brown side were made with almonds and coconut flakes…

/photos/album/1628065550/pic/list

So yes, you can do it with dry coconut.

Tony - please report what the texture is like when you use fresh - sounds interesting to me!

I bet I could make that with almonds. Sure sounds good. I wonder if dry coconut could be used.VeldaOn 2/2/2012 7:05 PM, Tony Szpara wrote:> Got the recipe here>> http://paleomg.com/pecan-coconut-butter/>> I used 1 cup fresh coconut> 2 cups pecans> 2-3 tbs coconut oil> few shakes of salt> 1 tbs raw honey> 1-2 tsp vanilla extract>> I'm eating it out of the container.>> I'm trying to put it on celery for a snack tomorrow.>> Tony>>> ------------------------------------>> Please bookmark these pages:>> /links/> (this is the Links page where I save the answers to FAQs and Answers, Recipes, and LOTS of other helpful information - this page is always being added to)>> /links/IMPORTANT__Membership__001327149393/> PLEASE DON'T UNSUBSCRIBE IF YOU ARE GETTING TOO MUCH MAIL! (if you unsubscribe, you will lose access to the Links page - an Encyclopedia of Collected Vitamix Wisdom! Go to this link to learn how to stop mail from coming, but STILL be a member of the group so you can STILL visit the Links page and read messages online!

Ah, I see. Interesting choice (fresh coconut vs. dried).For those who want to see the original recipe (and didn't follow the link the first time it was posted - like me) here is the original recipe:and here is the link again: http://paleomg.com/pecan-coconut-butter/Pecan Coconut Butter4.5 from 2reviewsPrintIngredients1 (7oz) bag of coconut flakes1 cup pecans2-3 tablespoons almond oil (or coconut oil or walnut oil, etc.–some kind of nut oil will do)1 tablespoon raw honey1 teaspoon vanilla extract1 teaspoon salt (I used coarse sea salt-gives it a little more crunch!)InstructionsGrab your handy dandy food processor!! Don’t have one? You’re dumb. CHRISTMAS PRESENT IDEA!! (of course the Vitamix will do a faster, better job :-)Throw in your coconut flakes and turn your food processor on for 3-5 minutes or until coconut flakes and pulsed down and you have a creamy coconut butter. Sometimes the flakes are just a little different and you’ll get more of a chunky butter so either try pulsing it for a bit longer or don’t worry about it too much, you will be adding lots more stuff so it’s not a huge deal.Add in your pecans and turn your food processor back on until pecans are completely pulsed down.Now while your food processor is running, start slowly adding your oil until it is to your preferred consistency. I like mine a bit more chunky than totally oily but it’s up to you.Now while the food processor is STILL running, add your vanilla, salt and honey to it as well.Mix until well combined. Add a bit more oil if needed.Eat. I eat mine with a spoon but you can always eat it with fruit if need be.Notes*Store in refrigerator. Your pecan coconut butter will harden up (just like coconut oil does) so if you want it softer, put in microwave for a little to soften it up.I used up my last batch of coconut butter (made during my last show, so it was not in "bite" form :-) so today is coconut butter "bit" or "bite" making day. I'm going to do a batch with roasted pecans...Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Feb 3, 2012, at 8:36 AM, tszpara@... wrote:

I used some fresh coconut I had. (Looks like a pencil eraser.)Actually smoother than my almond butter.Easy to get out of the container. Almost like a thick jam or jelly. Tony

Hey Velda,

The coconut bites in these pictures that are a bit on the brown side were made with almonds and coconut flakes…

Tony - please report what the texture is like when you use fresh - sounds interesting to me!

I bet I could make that with almonds. Sure sounds good. I wonder if dry coconut could be used.VeldaOn 2/2/2012 7:05 PM, Tony Szpara wrote:> Got the recipe here>> http://paleomg.com/pecan-coconut-butter/>> I used 1 cup fresh coconut> 2 cups pecans> 2-3 tbs coconut oil> few shakes of salt> 1 tbs raw honey> 1-2 tsp vanilla extract>> I'm eating it out of the container.>> I'm trying to put it on celery for a snack tomorrow.>> Tony>>> ------------------------------------>> Please bookmark these pages:>> /links/> (this is the Links page where I save the answers to FAQs and Answers, Recipes, and LOTS of other helpful information - this page is always being added to)>> /links/IMPORTANT__Membership__001327149393/> PLEASE DON'T UNSUBSCRIBE IF YOU ARE GETTING TOO MUCH MAIL! (if you unsubscribe, you will lose access to the Links page - an Encyclopedia of Collected Vitamix Wisdom! Go to this link to learn how to stop mail from coming, but STILL be a member of the group so you can STILL visit the Links page and read messages online!

I think this recipe would be much better with dried coconut. As Tony said, fresh will be kind of like a jelly and not as much like a nut butter.I use a hammer and break the shell into smaller pieces, then I pry the coconut meat away from the brown shell. Then, I use a food processor to shred the coconut meat. Then, I either dehydrate it, or use it to make coconut milk. http://www.thenaughtyvegan.com/coconutmilk.htm (no need to pre-shred like they do in this article if you are making coconut milk - just put the raw coconut chunks in the VM with the water).

On Feb 3, 2012, at 9:06 AM, tuzahu973@... wrote:

where do you get 'fresh coconut?" I almost lacerate my wrists trying to dig the meat out of a fresh coconut.

I use a dremmel tool with a cutting disc on it to easily slice open a coconut,

then a " noodler " tool for getting out the flesh-WONDERFUL gadget! I ordered

from this site,

http://www.ubraw.com/rawtools.html but I think Rene here on our list might

sell them too.

>

> where do you get 'fresh coconut? " I almost lacerate my wrists trying to dig

the meat out of a fresh coconut.

>

I found it at a local grocery store.

Edge of the woods in New Haven CT

Tony

where do you get 'fresh coconut?" I almost lacerate my wrists trying to dig the meat out of a fresh coconut.

With fresh coconut, recipes also have a much shorter shelf life, usually only staying good for 3-5 days depending how much sweetener is used. ---------------------Rene Oswald, RN, APHBest Beginnings, Inc. Living Food Classes & Consultationswww.rawfoodrene.comwww.reneoswald.com561-775-4867From: Lea

Ann Savage <lsavage@...> Sent: Fri, February 3, 2012 9:12:06 AMSubject: Re: OMG Pecan Coconut butter

I think this recipe would be much better with dried coconut. As Tony said, fresh will be kind of like a jelly and not as much like a nut butter.I use a hammer and break the shell into smaller pieces, then I pry the coconut meat away from the brown shell. Then, I use a food processor to shred the coconut meat. Then, I either dehydrate it, or use it to make coconut milk. http://www.thenaughtyvegan.com/coconutmilk.htm (no need to pre-shred like they do in this article if you are making coconut milk - just put the raw coconut chunks in the VM with the water).

On Feb 3, 2012, at 9:06 AM, tuzahu973@... wrote:

Well, that's one city I stay out of. LOL It's only about 20 miles from me.

Lucille

Sent: Friday, February 03, 2012 10:04 AM

Subject: Re: Re: OMG Pecan Coconut butter

I found it at a local grocery store.

Edge of the woods in New Haven CT

Tony

I try to avoid towns that force me to pay to park.

At least it's not downtown so free parking.

Tony

I see the original recipe says 'packages of coconut' and that's what I would use, since I don't do the fresh coconut thing (yet).Ginny From: Velda <solomon@...> Sent: Thursday, February 2, 2012 11:01 PM Subject: Re: OMG Pecan

Coconut butter

coconut could be used.

Velda

> Got the recipe here

>

>

> 2 cups pecans

> 2-3 tbs coconut oil

> few shakes of salt

> 1 tbs raw honey

>

>

>

> Tony

>

>

>

>

> /links/

>

When I click on the site highlighted below to see the butter bits I keep getting advertisements. Geri D From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of tszpara@...Sent: Friday, February 03, 2012 8:36 AM Subject: Re: OMG Pecan Coconut butter I used some fresh coconut I had. (Looks like a pencil eraser.)Actually smoother than my almond butter.Easy to get out of the container. Almost like a thick jam or jelly. Tony Re: OMG Pecan Coconut butter Hey Velda, The coconut bites in these pictures that are a bit on the brown side were made with almonds and coconut flakes…/photos/album/1628065550/pic/list So yes, you can do it with dry coconut. Tony - please report what the texture is like when you use fresh - sounds interesting to me! Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))>< On Feb 3, 2012, at 2:01 AM, Velda wrote: I bet I could make that with almonds. Sure sounds good. I wonder if dry coconut could be used.VeldaOn 2/2/2012 7:05 PM, Tony Szpara wrote:> Got the recipe here>> http://paleomg.com/pecan-coconut-butter/>> I used 1 cup fresh coconut> 2 cups pecans> 2-3 tbs coconut oil> few shakes of salt> 1 tbs raw honey> 1-2 tsp vanilla extract>> I'm eating it out of the container.>> I'm trying to put it on celery for a snack tomorrow.>> Tony>>> ------------------------------------>> Please bookmark these pages:>> /links/> (this is the Links page where I save the answers to FAQs and Answers, Recipes, and LOTS of other helpful information - this page is always being added to)>> /links/IMPORTANT__Membership__001327149393/> PLEASE DON'T UNSUBSCRIBE IF YOU ARE GETTING TOO MUCH MAIL! (if you unsubscribe, you will lose access to the Links page - an Encyclopedia of Collected Vitamix Wisdom! Go to this link to learn how to stop mail from coming, but STILL be a member of the group so you can STILL visit the Links page and read messages online!

This link gives you advertisements?/photos/album/1628065550/pic/listIt is supposed to be a link to a photo album in our Group.

On Feb 3, 2012, at 3:33 PM, Geri Delisso wrote:

When I click on the site highlighted below to see the butter bits I keep getting advertisements. Geri D From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of tszpara@...Sent: Friday, February 03, 2012 8:36 AM Subject: Re: OMG Pecan Coconut butter I used some fresh coconut I had. (Looks like a pencil eraser.)Actually smoother than my almond butter.Easy to get out of the container. Almost like a thick jam or jelly. Tony Re: OMG Pecan Coconut butter Hey Velda, The coconut bites in these pictures that are a bit on the brown side were made with almonds and coconut flakes…/photos/album/1628065550/pic/list So yes, you can do it with dry coconut. Tony - please report what the texture is like when you use fresh - sounds interesting to me! Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))>< On Feb 3, 2012, at 2:01 AM, Velda wrote: I bet I could make that with almonds. Sure sounds good. I wonder if dry coconut could be used.VeldaOn 2/2/2012 7:05 PM, Tony Szpara wrote:> Got the recipe here>> http://paleomg.com/pecan-coconut-butter/>> I used 1 cup fresh coconut> 2 cups pecans> 2-3 tbs coconut oil> few shakes of salt> 1 tbs raw honey> 1-2 tsp vanilla extract>> I'm eating it out of the container.>> I'm trying to put it on celery for a snack tomorrow.>> Tony>>> ------------------------------------>> Please bookmark these pages:>> /links/> (this is the Links page where I save the answers to FAQs and Answers, Recipes, and LOTS of other helpful information - this page is always being added to)>> /links/IMPORTANT__Membership__001327149393/> PLEASE DON'T UNSUBSCRIBE IF YOU ARE GETTING TOO MUCH MAIL! (if you unsubscribe, you will lose access to the Links page - an Encyclopedia of Collected Vitamix Wisdom! Go to this link to learn how to stop mail from coming, but STILL be a member of the group so you can STILL visit the Links page and read messages online!

She may have to log into the group before she can get to that page.  I have mine set to stay logged in so I don't have to do that step to follow your link.

RenaIf God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.Happy moments, praise God.

Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 1:51 PM, Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> wrote:

This link gives you advertisements?/photos/album/1628065550/pic/list

It is supposed to be a link to a photo album in our Group.

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)

))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Feb 3, 2012, at 3:33 PM, Geri Delisso wrote:

When I click on the site highlighted below to see the butter bits I keep getting advertisements.

Geri D 

Sent: Friday, February 03, 2012 8:36 AM Subject: Re: OMG Pecan Coconut butter

I used some fresh coconut I had.  (Looks like a pencil eraser.)

Actually smoother than my almond butter.Easy to get out of the container. Almost like a thick jam or jelly. Tony

Hey Velda,  The coconut bites in these pictures that are a bit on the brown side were made with almonds and coconut flakes…

Tony - please report what the texture is like when you use fresh - sounds interesting to me! Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL

(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.VitamixLady.com

))><'>www..com<:)))><  On Feb 3, 2012, at 2:01 AM, Velda wrote:

coconut could be used.VeldaOn 2/2/2012 7:05 PM, Tony Szpara wrote:> Got the recipe here>> http://paleomg.com/pecan-coconut-butter/

>> I used 1 cup fresh coconut> 2 cups pecans> 2-3 tbs coconut oil> few shakes of salt> 1 tbs raw honey> 1-2 tsp vanilla extract>> I'm eating it out of the container.

>> I'm trying to put it on celery for a snack tomorrow.>> Tony>>> ------------------------------------>> Please bookmark these pages:

>> /links/> (this is the Links page where I save the answers to FAQs and Answers, Recipes, and LOTS of other helpful information - this page is always being added to)

>> /links/IMPORTANT__Membership__001327149393/

Maybe you need to sign in.

Lucille

Sent: Friday, February 03, 2012 3:33 PM

Subject: RE: OMG Pecan Coconut butter

When I click on the site highlighted below to see the butter bits I keep getting advertisements.

Geri D

From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of tszpara@...Sent: Friday, February 03, 2012 8:36 AM Subject: Re: OMG Pecan Coconut butter

I used some fresh coconut I had. (Looks like a pencil eraser.)

Actually smoother than my almond butter.

Easy to get out of the container.

Almost like a thick jam or jelly.

Tony

Hey Velda,

I don't know my way around NH and I hear so much crime there on the news that it never interested me to go there. I did see some fresh coconuts at the grocery store I go to in N. Madison. That's a lot closer to me. But I've never tried that yet.

Lucille

Sent: Friday, February 03, 2012 11:23 AM

Subject: Re: Re: OMG Pecan Coconut butter

I try to avoid towns that force me to pay to park.

At least it's not downtown so free parking.

Tony

I will definately be trying that. I noticed dry packages of organic

coconut at the local Sunrise health Food store last time I was

there. They had been out for a while, and I don't have enough on

hand. But those bites look wonderful.

Velda

On 2/3/2012 4:27 AM, Lea Ann Savage wrote:

Hey Velda,

The coconut bites in these pictures that are a bit on the

brown side were made with almonds and coconut flakes…

Tony - please report what the texture is like when you use

fresh - sounds interesting to me!

Blessings,

Lea Ann Savage

Satellite Beach, FL

(321) 773-7088 (home)

(321-961-9219 (cell)

www.VitamixLady.com

www..com

I bet I could make that with almonds. Sure sounds good.

I wonder if dry

coconut could be used.

Velda

> Got the recipe here

>

>

> 2 cups pecans

> 2-3 tbs coconut oil

> few shakes of salt

> 1 tbs raw honey

>

>

> I'm trying to put it on celery for a snack

tomorrow.

>

> Tony

>

>

>

>

> /links/

> (this is the Links page where I save the answers to

FAQs and Answers, Recipes, and LOTS of other helpful

information - this page is always being added to)

>

> PLEASE DON'T UNSUBSCRIBE IF YOU ARE GETTING TOO

MUCH MAIL! (if you unsubscribe, you will lose access to

the Links page - an Encyclopedia of Collected Vitamix

Wisdom! Go to this link to learn how to stop mail from

coming, but STILL be a member of the group so you can

STILL visit the Links page and read messages

online!

Do you use the regular or dry container for the coconut bites?

> > > Got the recipe here

> > >

> > > http://paleomg.com/pecan-coconut-butter/

> > >

> > > I used 1 cup fresh coconut

> > > 2 cups pecans

> > > 2-3 tbs coconut oil

> > > few shakes of salt

> > > 1 tbs raw honey

> > > 1-2 tsp vanilla extract

> > >

> > > I'm eating it out of the container.

> > >

> > > I'm trying to put it on celery for a snack tomorrow.

> > >

> > > Tony

> > >

> > >

> > > ------------------------------------

> > >

> > > Please bookmark these pages:

> > >

> > > /links/

> > > (this is the Links page where I save the answers to FAQs and

> > Answers, Recipes, and LOTS of other helpful information - this page is

> > always being added to)

> > >

> > >

> >

> > > PLEASE DON'T UNSUBSCRIBE IF YOU ARE GETTING TOO MUCH MAIL! (if you

> > unsubscribe, you will lose access to the Links page - an Encyclopedia

> > of Collected Vitamix Wisdom! Go to this link to learn how to stop mail

> > from coming, but STILL be a member of the group so you can STILL visit

> > the Links page and read messages online!

Plan to use my dry, to avoid scratches in the other container.

Velda

On 2/6/2012 12:18 PM, mirthfullady wrote:

> Do you use the regular or dry container for the coconut bites?

>

>

>>>> Got the recipe here

>>>>

>>>> http://paleomg.com/pecan-coconut-butter/

>>>>

>>>> I used 1 cup fresh coconut

>>>> 2 cups pecans

>>>> 2-3 tbs coconut oil

>>>> few shakes of salt

>>>> 1 tbs raw honey

>>>> 1-2 tsp vanilla extract

>>>>

>>>> I'm eating it out of the container.

>>>>

>>>> I'm trying to put it on celery for a snack tomorrow.

>>>>

>>>> Tony

>>>>

>>>>

>>>> ------------------------------------

>>>>

>>>> Please bookmark these pages:

>>>>

>>>> /links/

>>>> (this is the Links page where I save the answers to FAQs and

>>> Answers, Recipes, and LOTS of other helpful information - this page is

>>> always being added to)

>>>>

>>>

>>>> PLEASE DON'T UNSUBSCRIBE IF YOU ARE GETTING TOO MUCH MAIL! (if you

>>> unsubscribe, you will lose access to the Links page - an Encyclopedia

>>> of Collected Vitamix Wisdom! Go to this link to learn how to stop mail

>>> from coming, but STILL be a member of the group so you can STILL visit

>>> the Links page and read messages online!

Regular Container

On Feb 6, 2012, at 2:18 PM, mirthfullady wrote:

Do you use the regular or dry container for the coconut bites?

> > > Got the recipe here

> > >

> > > http://paleomg.com/pecan-coconut-butter/

> > >

> > > I used 1 cup fresh coconut

> > > 2 cups pecans

> > > 2-3 tbs coconut oil

> > > few shakes of salt

> > > 1 tbs raw honey

> > > 1-2 tsp vanilla extract

> > >

> > > I'm eating it out of the container.

> > >

> > > I'm trying to put it on celery for a snack tomorrow.

> > >

> > > Tony

> > >

> > >

> > > ------------------------------------

> > >

> > > Please bookmark these pages:

> > >

> > > /links/

> > > (this is the Links page where I save the answers to FAQs and

> > Answers, Recipes, and LOTS of other helpful information - this page is

> > always being added to)

> > >

> > >

> > /links/IMPORTANT__Membership__001327149393/

> > > PLEASE DON'T UNSUBSCRIBE IF YOU ARE GETTING TOO MUCH MAIL! (if you

> > unsubscribe, you will lose access to the Links page - an Encyclopedia

> > of Collected Vitamix Wisdom! Go to this link to learn how to stop mail

> > from coming, but STILL be a member of the group so you can STILL visit

> > the Links page and read messages online!

Hi Velda,

The coconut isn't hard enough (IMO) to scratch your container and it will not

create the sucking/heating motion necessary to make coconut butter. For

example… put almonds in the dry container and it makes almond meal, put them in

the wet container and it will make almond butter (eventually).

Think of the dry container as fluffing and smashing things up and the wet

container and heating/packing/pulling down. You want to mix the coconut and

release its oil. If you tamp enough, you can even make coconut butter out of

the dried coconut flakes with no added oil (assuming that they weren't REALLY

dry like Bob's Red Mills) to start with.

Blessings,

Lea Ann Savage

Satellite Beach, FL

(321) 773-7088 (home)

(321-961-9219 (cell)

www.VitamixLady.com

www..com

On Feb 6, 2012, at 4:02 PM, Velda wrote:

Plan to use my dry, to avoid scratches in the other container.

Velda

On 2/6/2012 12:18 PM, mirthfullady wrote:

> Do you use the regular or dry container for the coconut bites?

>

>

>>>> Got the recipe here

>>>>

>>>> http://paleomg.com/pecan-coconut-butter/

>>>>

>>>> I used 1 cup fresh coconut

>>>> 2 cups pecans

>>>> 2-3 tbs coconut oil

>>>> few shakes of salt

>>>> 1 tbs raw honey

>>>> 1-2 tsp vanilla extract

>>>>

>>>> I'm eating it out of the container.

>>>>

>>>> I'm trying to put it on celery for a snack tomorrow.

>>>>

>>>> Tony

>>>>

>>>>

>>>> ------------------------------------

>>>>

>>>> Please bookmark these pages:

>>>>

>>>> /links/

>>>> (this is the Links page where I save the answers to FAQs and

>>> Answers, Recipes, and LOTS of other helpful information - this page is

>>> always being added to)

>>>>

>>>

>>>> PLEASE DON'T UNSUBSCRIBE IF YOU ARE GETTING TOO MUCH MAIL! (if you

>>> unsubscribe, you will lose access to the Links page - an Encyclopedia

>>> of Collected Vitamix Wisdom! Go to this link to learn how to stop mail

>>> from coming, but STILL be a member of the group so you can STILL visit

>>> the Links page and read messages online!