RemedySpot.com

Re: Anyone dehydrate green drinks ?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I don't know about making a powder but I have made fruit leather with my dehydrator.  I like to use plastic wrap and then when it is done I just roll it up in the plastic wrap and twist the ends closed.  They would travel well and you wouldn't have to use a blender.

RenaIf God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.Happy moments, praise God.

Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 9:38 AM, debb_b1 <debb_b1@...> wrote:

Has anyone tried dehydrating green drinks? The reason I ask is I'm going on vacation and I wont have my vitamix but I will have access to a regular blender 9which wont blend much). I have been loving my salad green drinks and the addition of greens to my fruit smoothies. I was wondering if I dehydrated the green drinks if I could then blend it into a powder to add to my smoothies while on vacation??? Anyone tried this and do you think there would be any nutrition left after dehydrating.

Thanks

Deb

Rena, wondering - do you put the plastic wrap on the dehydrator tray while it's drying?Ginny From: Rena Glubay <jp17aday@...> Sent: Wednesday, February 1, 2012 8:56 AM Subject: Re: Anyone dehydrate green drinks ?

I don't know about making a powder but I have made fruit leather with my dehydrator. I like to use plastic wrap and then when it is done I just roll it up in the plastic wrap and twist the ends closed. They would travel well and you wouldn't have to use a blender.

RenaIf God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.Happy moments, praise God.

Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Has anyone tried dehydrating green drinks? The reason I ask is I'm going on vacation and I wont have my vitamix but I will have access to a regular blender 9which wont blend much). I have been loving my salad green drinks and the addition of greens to my fruit smoothies. I was wondering if I dehydrated the green drinks if I could then blend it into a powder to add to my smoothies while on vacation??? Anyone tried this and do you think there would be any nutrition left after dehydrating.

Thanks

Deb

I actually did try this years ago, with bad results....BUT...you can dehydrate the veggies you want to use in the smoothie in the first place, and make a powder out of those. However, the powder is a bit hard to blend without being gritty when you just add water to it. If you have something like a Magic Bullet, Tribest Mason jar blender (can be seen at http://www.mymealmasters.com) or some other type of gadget to help you blend it, then it works pretty well. I often powder cooked pumpkin to use when I won't be home. If you make the smoothie first, then try to dry it on a fruit leather tray, it becomes more like peanut brittle and won't powder up well. Dehydrating the veggies first is a reasonable option though. Safe travels!Sent from my iPadOn Feb 1, 2012, at 11:38 AM, "debb_b1" <debb_b1@...> wrote:

Thanks

Deb

=

Yep!  About half way through, I peel it off and flip it over.Rena

If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 10:00 AM, Ginny Welton <ginbit@...> wrote:

Rena, wondering - do you put the plastic wrap on the dehydrator tray while it's drying?

Ginny

Sent: Wednesday, February 1, 2012 8:56 AM Subject: Re: Anyone dehydrate green drinks ?

I don't know about making a powder but I have made fruit leather with my dehydrator.  I like to use plastic wrap and then when it is done I just roll it up in the plastic wrap and twist the ends closed.  They would travel well and you wouldn't have to use a blender.

RenaIf God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.Happy moments, praise God.

Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Thanks

Deb

I had success in dehydrating one of my green drinks and making a powder out of

it!!!!!

I poured the drink so it was a very thin layer and let it dry till drink was

cracking.I let it cool for several hours then put the chunks in a mini food

processor. It broke down to a nice powder.

I will play with this more over the weekend and see I can make larger batches

that can be broke down in the Vitamix.

This will be great for my vacation as I can make lots of the powder,its easy to

pack and can then add it to smoothies,water or whatever I have access too on my

trip.

My only concern is how much nutrient value is lost when dehydrating,anyone know?

~Deb

Did it stay bright green or turn dark green?GinnySent from Ginny's iPhoneOn Feb 3, 2012, at 7:23 PM, "debb_b1" <debb_b1@...> wrote:

I had success in dehydrating one of my green drinks and making a powder out of it!!!!!

I poured the drink so it was a very thin layer and let it dry till drink was cracking.I let it cool for several hours then put the chunks in a mini food processor. It broke down to a nice powder.

I will play with this more over the weekend and see I can make larger batches that can be broke down in the Vitamix.

This will be great for my vacation as I can make lots of the powder,its easy to pack and can then add it to smoothies,water or whatever I have access too on my trip.

My only concern is how much nutrient value is lost when dehydrating,anyone know?

~Deb

It was more of a tan color,but I had added tomatoes and carrots so it wasn't

green to start. I think if you did all green items it would be a nice green! I'm

so excited this worked.

~Deb

>

> Did it stay bright green or turn dark green?

>

> Ginny

>

wow, I'll be anxious to hear more as you experiment!Ginny From: debb_b1 <debb_b1@...> Sent: Saturday, February 4, 2012 7:29 PM Subject: Re: Anyone dehydrate green drinks ?

It was more of a tan color,but I had added tomatoes and carrots so it wasn't green to start. I think if you did all green items it would be a nice green! I'm so excited this worked.

~Deb

>

> Did it stay bright green or turn dark green?

>

> Ginny

>