RemedySpot.com

Re: Almond flour from dried almond pulp

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello Rena,The only almond flour I've ever made (did it once) from dehydrated left over almond pulp, was not smooth like flour. Something I would try would be to do the best you can then dehydrate and blend again?????? might have an idea if this would work - I have no idea how they make it fine.

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Jan 31, 2012, at 7:57 PM, Rena Glubay wrote:

I tried making almond flour tonight from some dried almond pulp. How long do I run it in the VM? I have run it for at least a couple of minutes and it still seems gritty. Does it need to run longer or is this how it should be? Thanks!

RenaIf God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.Happy moments, praise God.

Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Almond "flour" is really almond meal-you wont ever get it fine like a true flour is. If you want it more smooth and less grainy in a BAKED good, you can buzz the "meal" up with your liquids in the vitamix, then add your other ingredients to make a batter bread, muffins, etc. Almond meal is even a bit more course than rice flour.Sent from my iPadOn Jan 31, 2012, at 8:46 PM, Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> wrote:

Hello Rena,The only almond flour I've ever made (did it once) from dehydrated left over almond pulp, was not smooth like flour. Something I would try would be to do the best you can then dehydrate and blend again?????? might have an idea if this would work - I have no idea how they make it fine.

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

I tried making almond flour tonight from some dried almond pulp. How long do I run it in the VM? I have run it for at least a couple of minutes and it still seems gritty. Does it need to run longer or is this how it should be? Thanks!

RenaIf God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.Happy moments, praise God.

Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

=

Thank you ladies.  The meal is very dry.  I dried it in the oven and it has sat on my counter for at least a week.  I'll leave it and see how it does in a baked good.

RenaIf God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.Happy moments, praise God.

Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 8:36 PM, Berry <berrywell@...> wrote:

Almond " flour " is really almond meal-you wont ever get it fine like a true flour is.  If you want it more smooth and less grainy in a BAKED good, you can buzz the " meal " up with your liquids in the vitamix, then add your other ingredients to make a batter bread, muffins, etc.  Almond meal is even a bit more course than rice flour.

Sent from my iPadOn Jan 31, 2012, at 8:46 PM, Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> wrote:

Hello Rena,The only almond flour I've ever made (did it once) from dehydrated left over almond pulp, was not smooth like flour.  Something I would try would be to do the best you can then dehydrate and blend again??????

might have an idea if this would work - I have no idea how they make it fine.

Blessings,Lea Ann Savage

Satellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.VitamixLady.com

www..com

<:)))><

I tried making almond flour tonight from some dried almond pulp.  How long do I run it in the VM?  I have run it for at least a couple of minutes and it still seems gritty.  Does it need to run longer or is this how it should be?  Thanks!

RenaIf God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.Happy moments, praise God.

Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

=

I was waiting for you. I knew you would have the answer… How does Bob's Red Mill get it finer than we can? Do they use a stone grinder or some kind of crushing tool?

On Jan 31, 2012, at 10:36 PM, Berry wrote:

Almond "flour" is really almond meal-you wont ever get it fine like a true flour is. If you want it more smooth and less grainy in a BAKED good, you can buzz the "meal" up with your liquids in the vitamix, then add your other ingredients to make a batter bread, muffins, etc. Almond meal is even a bit more course than rice flour.Sent from my iPadOn Jan 31, 2012, at 8:46 PM, Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> wrote:

=

I guess if you have massive grinding burrs, you can get it finer, lol. I have tried re milling it after it is ground, with mixed results-also tried re milling it in a burr coffee grinder, but I have never been able to get it any finer than the Vitamix does. Same for tapioca-I can get it to a "flour" stage, but never quite to a full on "starch" stage.Sent from my iPadOn Feb 1, 2012, at 6:43 AM, Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> wrote:

I was waiting for you. I knew you would have the answer… How does Bob's Red Mill get it finer than we can? Do they use a stone grinder or some kind of crushing tool?

=

=

I've heard that if you removed the skin from the almond it makes a finer flour. ---------------------Rene Oswald, RN, APHBest Beginnings, Inc. Living Food Classes & Consultationswww.rawfoodrene.comwww.reneoswald.com561-775-4867From: Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> Sent: Wed, February 1, 2012 6:43:16 AMSubject: Re: Almond flour from dried almond pulp

=