RemedySpot.com

Re: A Spaghetti Sauce Concoction - was - pasta

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I do this all the time!! I use raw tomatoes, the sundried tomatoes in oil, and on the stove saute 1 onion until translucent, and add garlic for about another minute or so, you can either process the onion mix in the vm, or not, your choice, but no sugar is requited, just some salt pepper and italian spices... the sauted onion releases its own sweetness to compensate for the sugar.... It comes out awesome every time.  I have a really good and easy meatball recipe as well, but it doesnt use the VM, so I wont post it here to spam people.  FYI, Sundried tomatoes substitute as tomato paste, because they are strong in flavor and thicken the sauce... I bring to a boil then simmer until its the desired thickness. (I like the sauce real thick, so when put on the pasta you dont get that red water on the sides of your plates....

wesOn Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 3:28 PM, Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> wrote:

You might think this is a funny recipe, but I made it the other night because I accidentally mis-shopped and had a LOT of tomatoes left over from a show and it was " spaghetti night " .

onion

I don't measure or use recipes, so this is what I did (and it turned out GREAT)

Dumped a bunch of washed Campari Tomatoes into the container.  (my best guess is that unblended it was a bout 6-7 cups)

Knowing that spaghetti sauce in a jar has sugar added, I also added 4 dates.

Added a hand full of sun dried tomatoes (julienne cut - Publix brand) for those who don't have Publix - they are dry and not in jars of oil, but I think that kind would work out just fine too...

Added 2 small cloves of garlic and sea salt to taste

Added a heaping table spoon of this Italian Spice Blend:

http://www.blenditup.com/italian-blend/

(it is a REALLY good spice blend, and Discount Code 15244 gets you 20% off)

Knowing that there is fat in store bought spaghetti sauce, and not having any olive oil in the house, added about a 1/3 of a stick of butter!

Blended on high until smooth and hot, then lowered the speed to variable #1 and ramped up to find the " sweet spot " where ONLY a tiny vortex is created at the top, in the center of the container, and let this run for a while to suck down (and pop) the may air bubbles (or should I call it foam? :-)  I put this on a pot on the stove and continued to keep it hot on low heat to reduce it a bit.  Added meat balls and spaghetti.

My kids (who have an uncanny knack for detecting ANYTHING I make from scratch (and not liking it for just that reason) could not tell that this was home made.  My youngest, Luke, especially loved it!  SWEET VICTORY!

I've used this Italian Spice in a show in place of the Blend It Up Southwest Spice and used the same veggies as in my Tortilla Soup.  I called it a " Spaghetti Soup " and it got rave reviews from the audience.  Next time I make this spaghetti sauce, I'm going to add relatively small amounts of carrot, celery, cabbage, zucchini, yellow squash and cheese.

Blessings,

Lea Ann Savage

Satellite Beach, FL

(321) 773-7088 (home)

(321-961-9219 (cell)

www.VitamixLady.com

www..com

<:)))><

On Feb 13, 2012, at 4:58 PM, tmatuschak wrote:

I successfully made whole wheat pasta tonight from the whole wheat I ground in the Vitamix. I have made homemade pasta for sometime now but I have never made whole wheat pasta. It wasn't as hard as I imagined but the dough did require a little more hand kneading. I chickened out of forming the dough in the Vitamix fearing the container would fly off the stand and opted to the old reliable food processor for that chore. The container on my Cuisinart locks to the base so I don't have to fear the dense pasta dough jumping around. Forming the dough in the food processor and pasta machine makes pasta making a pretty simple project.

Does anyone have a pasta sauce they would like to share?

Tom

------------------------------------

Please bookmark these pages:

/links/

(this is the Links page where I save the answers to FAQs and Answers, Recipes, and LOTS of other helpful information - this page is always being added to)

/links/IMPORTANT__Membership__001327149393/

PLEASE DON'T UNSUBSCRIBE IF YOU ARE GETTING TOO MUCH MAIL!  (if you unsubscribe, you will lose access to the Links page - an Encyclopedia of Collected Vitamix Wisdom!  Go to this link to learn how to stop mail from coming, but STILL be a member of the group so you can STILL visit the Links page and read messages online!

Sounds so good. I am going to try this. E

> >

> > I successfully made whole wheat pasta tonight from the whole wheat I

> > ground in the Vitamix. I have made homemade pasta for sometime now but I

> > have never made whole wheat pasta. It wasn't as hard as I imagined but the

> > dough did require a little more hand kneading. I chickened out of forming

> > the dough in the Vitamix fearing the container would fly off the stand and

> > opted to the old reliable food processor for that chore. The container on

> > my Cuisinart locks to the base so I don't have to fear the dense pasta

> > dough jumping around. Forming the dough in the food processor and pasta

> > machine makes pasta making a pretty simple project.

> >

> > Does anyone have a pasta sauce they would like to share?

> >

> > Tom

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > ------------------------------------

> >

> > Please bookmark these pages:

> >

> > /links/

> > (this is the Links page where I save the answers to FAQs and Answers,

> > Recipes, and LOTS of other helpful information - this page is always being

> > added to)

> >

> >

> >

/links/IMPORTANT_VitamixE\

nthusiasts_Membership__001327149393/

> > PLEASE DON'T UNSUBSCRIBE IF YOU ARE GETTING TOO MUCH MAIL! (if you

> > unsubscribe, you will lose access to the Links page - an Encyclopedia of

> > Collected Vitamix Wisdom! Go to this link to learn how to stop mail from

> > coming, but STILL be a member of the group so you can STILL visit the Links

> > page and read messages online!

8 oz. - it is what I had in my cupboard :-)http://www.blenditup.com/storage/italian-blend.jpg

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Feb 14, 2012, at 5:36 AM, Jane Edenfield wrote:

What size bottle is that,can't imagine paying $14.95 for a spice Inquiring mindJaneOn Feb 13, 2012, at 6:28 PM, Lea Ann Savage wrote:Added a heaping table spoon of this Italian Spice Blend:http://www.blenditup.com/italian-blend/(it is a REALLY good spice blend, and Discount Code 15244 gets you 20% off)

Sounds delicious

>

> I successfully made whole wheat pasta tonight from the whole wheat I ground in

the Vitamix. I have made homemade pasta for sometime now but I have never made

whole wheat pasta. It wasn't as hard as I imagined but the dough did require a

little more hand kneading. I chickened out of forming the dough in the Vitamix

fearing the container would fly off the stand and opted to the old reliable food

processor for that chore. The container on my Cuisinart locks to the base so I

don't have to fear the dense pasta dough jumping around. Forming the dough in

the food processor and pasta machine makes pasta making a pretty simple project.

>

> Does anyone have a pasta sauce they would like to share?

>

> Tom

>