RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Clear Juice ???

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thanks --that does help!!  So if you are doing a juice fast can you have unlimited amounts of juice (if you have no other health issues?)Thanks Again!StaceyOn Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 1:40 PM, Kat Rat <katratvet@...> wrote:

Stacey, I can try to answer your question. When you do a juice reboot, you are basically performing a body detox. The nutrients in the juice are absorbed much faster into your body then they would be if the fiber was there. Fiber slows nutrient absorption. Plus, a juice reboot will give your digestive system a time to rest, detox and recoop itself for the food coming later. You don't have to do a long juice fast to get the benefit. Maybe start with 1 day to see if you can even do it. Then the next time, do a 3 day juice fast and then maybe work up to a length of time you feel comfortable with.

The benefits of the Vitamix which adds the fiber to your diet are also very high. Fiber makes you feel full so you end up eating less, and being able to make raw smoothies gives you the chance to get more of the nutrients out of the food you put into it. Fiber also keeps your colon clean and healthy. There are also foods you can add to help detox without doing a juice fast. Or you can do a juice fast with your Vitamix by filtering out the pulp with a nutmilk bag.

So there is a place for both. I was a little confused when I first watched the film also, but the more I studied it, the more I understood. Hope that helps. ~katrat

>

> So I watched Fat Sick and Nearly Dead yesterday (Thanks for that link Lea Ann!) I don't understand why clear juice would be better for you than a smoothie? I can see if you have digestive issues that you might not want the fiber. Lea Ann you said something about getting in a pound of greens a day---I understand that you wouldn't be able to eat that much---but couldn't you consume that much from the VitaMix?

>

> Sorry--I'm just not catching something!!!

>

> Stacey

>

I'm not an expert. But I'm reading Snyders " The Beauty Detox " and she promotes (VitaMix) smoothies and 'clear' juices.  One point she made in her book which really stood out to me was that we may not be absorbing all the nutrients we think we are, because our stomach and intestines are lined with 'sludge' (undigested/stuck...well you can imagine what I mean). Over time of eating properly, this will break down, eating fiber, eating high enzyme foods or taking enzymes, drinking lots of hot water with lemon and doing other things to 'break up the sludge'...

So, of course, a green smoothie or juice are much better options then many of the traditional meals, but maybe doing some homework on how to break up that sludge might benefit us even further.

I followed her strategy, not perfectly, but as close as I could for a week while reading the book and I did felt like I cleaned out a lot of sludge (oh and you eat meals, it's not a detox of just juice or anything like that), then I traveled last week and got all off track, getting back on track again now.  I could tell a difference following some of her strategies.  I suggest reading the book or checking out her site.  

http://www.kimberlysnyder.net She makes some really good points and has some good recipes.  On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 2:45 PM, ssummers1 tds.net <ssummers1@...> wrote:

Thanks --that does help!!  So if you are doing a juice fast can you have unlimited amounts of juice (if you have no other health issues?)Thanks Again!Stacey

On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 1:40 PM, Kat Rat <katratvet@...> wrote:

Stacey, I can try to answer your question. When you do a juice reboot, you are basically performing a body detox. The nutrients in the juice are absorbed much faster into your body then they would be if the fiber was there. Fiber slows nutrient absorption. Plus, a juice reboot will give your digestive system a time to rest, detox and recoop itself for the food coming later. You don't have to do a long juice fast to get the benefit. Maybe start with 1 day to see if you can even do it. Then the next time, do a 3 day juice fast and then maybe work up to a length of time you feel comfortable with.

The benefits of the Vitamix which adds the fiber to your diet are also very high. Fiber makes you feel full so you end up eating less, and being able to make raw smoothies gives you the chance to get more of the nutrients out of the food you put into it. Fiber also keeps your colon clean and healthy. There are also foods you can add to help detox without doing a juice fast. Or you can do a juice fast with your Vitamix by filtering out the pulp with a nutmilk bag.

So there is a place for both. I was a little confused when I first watched the film also, but the more I studied it, the more I understood. Hope that helps. ~katrat

>

> So I watched Fat Sick and Nearly Dead yesterday (Thanks for that link Lea Ann!) I don't understand why clear juice would be better for you than a smoothie? I can see if you have digestive issues that you might not want the fiber. Lea Ann you said something about getting in a pound of greens a day---I understand that you wouldn't be able to eat that much---but couldn't you consume that much from the VitaMix?

>

> Sorry--I'm just not catching something!!!

>

> Stacey

>