Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Could a video be any more stupid?

VitaMix vs. BlendTec

Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 11:23:03 -0600

Funny -- we were just talking about blenders and Naked Food Café put

out a video comparing the VitaMix and the BlendTec. I figured I'd

share since it was a recent topic of discussion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLFCWt1jP1g

Sparrow

Great minds think like me!

--

Be Yourself @ mail.com!

Choose From 200+ Email Addresses

Get a Free Account at www.mail.com

Guest guest

Cool - that was great. Thanks Sparrow.

Lorri

_____

[mailto: ] On Behalf Of

Sparrow R

Sent: Friday, July 10, 2009 10:23 AM

Subject: VitaMix vs.

BlendTec

Funny -- we were just talking about blenders and

Naked Food Café put

out a video comparing the VitaMix and the

BlendTec. I figured I'd

share since it was a recent topic of discussion.

http://www.youtube.

<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLFCWt1jP1g>

com/watch?v=TLFCWt1jP1g

Sparrow

Guest guest

Umm,

Yes it was low tech and not professionally

produced but was still slightly informative for

those of us who are deciding which blender to

purchase. I for one appreciated the link.

Lorri

_____

Ernest Willingham

Sent: Friday, July 10, 2009 3:18 PM

Subject: Re: VitaMix vs.

BlendTec

Guest guest

It didn't really tell you anything. The woman said, " If I was buying,

I'd by Vitamix. Not why or what made it better.

ew

Re: VitaMix vs.

BlendTec

Guest guest

Well I did say slightly informative. Here's what

I got out of it.

I was able to see both units side by side

I saw them in action

I saw that you needed to use the tamper with the

Vitamix and not the BlendTec, and even with that

it didn't blend it completely.

Even though she said she'd still recommend the

Vitamix she also said most of the family prefers

the BlendTec.

So I got something out of it and appreciate it

being shared.

_____

Ernest Willingham

Sent: Friday, July 10, 2009 4:04 PM

Subject: RE: VitaMix vs.

BlendTec

It didn't really tell you anything. The woman

said, " If I was buying,

I'd by Vitamix. Not why or what made it better.

ew

Guest guest

Yea, I agree, the video wasn't of best quality, as for me, I'm trying decide the

best one myself..

I think the main advantage the vitamix has (at least for me), is that unlike the

Blendtec the Vitamix is made out of a new kind of plastic, which they claim is

without PBA. On the other hand you never know what the new and less explored

plastic has in store for us..

>

> Well I did say slightly informative. Here's what

> I got out of it.

>

> I was able to see both units side by side

> I saw them in action

> I saw that you needed to use the tamper with the

> Vitamix and not the BlendTec, and even with that

> it didn't blend it completely.

> Even though she said she'd still recommend the

> Vitamix she also said most of the family prefers

> the BlendTec.

>

> So I got something out of it and appreciate it

> being shared.

>

> _____

>

> From:

> [mailto: ] On Behalf Of

> Ernest Willingham

> Sent: Friday, July 10, 2009 4:04 PM

>

> Subject: RE: VitaMix vs.

> BlendTec

> It didn't really tell you anything. The woman

> said, " If I was buying,

> I'd by Vitamix. Not why or what made it better.

> ew

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Yes, I am wondering the same thing...

Thia

yair44234 wrote:

> On the other hand you never know what the new and less explored plastic

> has in store for us..

>

>

• 2 years later...

Wednesday night on QVC, they will have the Blendtec demo to sell it. That

cooking show starts at 9pm est.

Lucille

--------------------------------------------------

Sent: Monday, February 20, 2012 10:45 AM

< >

Subject: Vitamix vs. Blendtec

> I am in the market to purchase one of these. What is the difference

> between the two.

>

> Thanks,

> Teri

>

>

>

> ------------------------------------

>

> Please bookmark these pages:

>

> /links/

> (this is the Links page where I save the answers to FAQs and Answers,

> Recipes, and LOTS of other helpful information - this page is always being

> added to)

>

>

/links/IMPORTANT_VitamixE\

nthusiasts_Membership__001327149393/

> PLEASE DON'T UNSUBSCRIBE IF YOU ARE GETTING TOO MUCH MAIL! (if you

> unsubscribe, you will lose access to the Links page - an Encyclopedia of

> Collected Vitamix Wisdom! Go to this link to learn how to stop mail from

> coming, but STILL be a member of the group so you can STILL visit the

> Links page and read messages online!

Hello,IF making smoothies is what you are going to do 90% of the time, a Blendtec does a pretty good job - it is easier to get the contents out of the jar of a Blendtec. If having a fully functional kitchen appliance with low speeds for food processing and mixing batters as well as high for maximum cell wall rupture, and the ability to heat things to the highest temperature is important, the Vitamix is your machine.The Blendtec won't' do the things in this document that require lower, variable speeds:

The biggest differences are:Blendtec - no tamperVitamix - tamperBlendtec - fits under cabinets with standard containersVitamix - fits under cabinets with 48 oz or 32 oz containers Blendtec - liquids can escape the lid - cannot fill to full capacityVitamix - can fill to highest marking line on container(true story - met a lady in one of my demos who had a burn scar on her arm from hot soup spilling out of the top of her blendtec)Blendtec - 3HP motorVitamix - 2HP motorBlendtec - highest blade speeds = 29,000Vitamix - highest blade speeds = 37,000 (soup gets hotter, ice creams have less ice crystals in them) Blendtec - push button electronic controlsVitamix - variable speed manual control (Chefs prefer to determine the speed and length of blending time - no Blendtecs on the Food Network)Here is a very informative (and funny) set of video comparisons of the two machines:http://vitamixlady.com/vitamix-vs-blendtec/Here is a story that someone sent me recently:http://community.vitamix.com/_Blend-Tec-Debacle/blog/5759189/22442.htmlEverything below this line is a Form Letter that I've created with more information about the two machines...In reply to your question about Blendtec vs. Vitamix, in all fairness I am totally biased towards the Vitamix, but I am an objective person and I am as concerned with helping people improve their health through diet as I am making sales.If for some reason I couldn't sell Vitamix machines, I would never sell Blendtec for MANY reasons, but the most important is this one… I once talked to a Blendtec sales demonstrator who contacted me to ask questions about "changing sides" and becoming a Vitamix sales demonstrator. He asked me, "how many machines do you go through in a show". I answered, "usually between 40-50 in a 5-day show". He replied, "no, I mean how many machines do you use to demonstrate with?" At that point I'd been with Vitamix for about 2 1/2 years and answered, "only one". He informed me that he used to go through 3-4 machines per show because they were always breaking down. He told me that if he found a machine that worked well, he took it from show to show because it was so hard to find one that would perform consistently all day long.Now I've been with Vitamix longer (it will be 4 years this October) and I can say that ONCE I switched out the machine I was using for a different one at a show. The machine I returned to the factory was working, it was just louder than normal (sounded like something was loose and vibrating inside) but I used it for 3 days before I decided that I was tired of the extra noise…)Here is an online comparison of the two machines. I feel this is a pretty objective review because of the fact that the owner of the website sells Both machines: http://gotgreensrevolution.com/Vitamix-versus-blendtec-review.html Be sure to read the summary and the comments to the article.Here is a "testimony" that I received from someone who purchased a Vitamix machine from me to replace her Blendtec…I like the Vitamix over the Blendtec for several different reasons. Making salsa for example...the variable speed allows you to make chunky salsa. It is hard to do that with a Blendtec as they have all pre-programmed cycles and then of course you don't have the tamper. So you would have to stop the blender push the food down, restart again and hope the food will blend.The tamper is a huge selling point and makes all the difference in the world.My Blendtec would what I call shake rattle and roll when putting frozen strawberries in it. In other words, you better be standing right there when blending to hold the blender down. The base of the Vitamix seems solid and handles Anything you put in it without you even notice what is blending.I also love the fact you can make soup in it. I had "tried" it in the Blendtec but again with the pre-programmed cycles you would have to run the cycles many times. Also the lid would pop of in the midst of blending and I was always fearful of getting burned because I had expereienced getting burned. So the Vitamix you know won't surge out of the lid or pop the lid off. It is a huge differenceI can only wish I had bought the Vitamix in the first place but then...how would I know what I know now.I would be happy to have you use this as a testimonial as I am sold on vitamix!!Thanks for your quick response and helpful information!!"

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Feb 20, 2012, at 10:45 AM, ttucker3859 wrote:

I am in the market to purchase one of these. What is the difference between the two.

Thanks,

Teri

Before I bought my VM, I watched these videos on comparison.

http://vitamixlady.com/vitamix-vs-blendtec/

I bought a green smoothie from a vendor and found apple chunks in the bottom. I

asked what machine he used and he told me Blentec. That experience and the

videos were how I decided on the VM. IMO, they are both good machines but I

never get apple chunks in my VM.

Amy

>

> I am in the market to purchase one of these. What is the difference between

the two.

>

> Thanks,

> Teri

>

Once in a while I have a apple piece get stuck on a blade in the VM but

a quick push with the handy dandy tamper gets it into the mix. A

Blendtec does not have a tamper and " claims " not to need one. So that

apple piece would be difficult to get rid of in a Blendtec.

Velda

On 2/21/2012 2:32 AM, apricot855 wrote:

> Before I bought my VM, I watched these videos on comparison.

http://vitamixlady.com/vitamix-vs-blendtec/

>

> I bought a green smoothie from a vendor and found apple chunks in the bottom.

I asked what machine he used and he told me Blentec. That experience and the

videos were how I decided on the VM. IMO, they are both good machines but I

never get apple chunks in my VM.

>

> Amy

>

>

>> I am in the market to purchase one of these. What is the difference between

the two.

>>

>> Thanks,

>> Teri

>>

>

>

>

> ------------------------------------

>

> Please bookmark these pages:

>

> /links/

> (this is the Links page where I save the answers to FAQs and Answers, Recipes,

and LOTS of other helpful information - this page is always being added to)

>

>

/links/IMPORTANT_VitamixE\

nthusiasts_Membership__001327149393/

> PLEASE DON'T UNSUBSCRIBE IF YOU ARE GETTING TOO MUCH MAIL! (if you

unsubscribe, you will lose access to the Links page - an Encyclopedia of

Collected Vitamix Wisdom! Go to this link to learn how to stop mail from

coming, but STILL be a member of the group so you can STILL visit the Links page

and read messages online!

Ever since I saw the first video of "will it blend"(a few years ago) I wanted a blendtec. But I am slowly beginning to question myselfafter watching tons of youtube videos on both blenders being used. I'm not sticking up for blendtec but the videos - http://vitamixlady.com/vitamix-vs-blendtec/is not really a fair comparison. Why didn't they use blentecs best performing carafe - the wildside alongside VMs best - the 64oz.?I'm thinking of now switching to buying a Vitamix but as of yesterday I discover there are many models of VM - now I'm reallyconfused. Aspire, 5200, and Pro500 series, TNC5200 series, vitamix professional series and God knows what else.I am getting anxious about getting one but sorting out these models will set me back again for some time.Anyone with any suggestions? I feel if I'm going to spend $500-$600 for a blender I may as well get the best one that will last me the rest of my life and can pass it down to one of my kids.Dennis> > From: apricot043@...> Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 10:32:59 +0000> Subject: Re: Vitamix vs. Blendtec> > Before I bought my VM, I watched these videos on comparison. http://vitamixlady.com/vitamix-vs-blendtec/> > I bought a green smoothie from a vendor and found apple chunks in the bottom. I asked what machine he used and he told me Blentec. That experience and the videos were how I decided on the VM. IMO, they are both good machines but I never get apple chunks in my VM.> > Amy> > > >> > I am in the market to purchase one of these. What is the difference between the two.> > > > Thanks,> > Teri> >> > > > > ------------------------------------> > Please bookmark these pages:> > /links/ > (this is the Links page where I save the answers to FAQs and Answers, Recipes, and LOTS of other helpful information - this page is always being added to)> > /links/IMPORTANT__Membership__001327149393/> PLEASE DON'T UNSUBSCRIBE IF YOU ARE GETTING TOO MUCH MAIL! (if you unsubscribe, you will lose access to the Links page - an Encyclopedia of Collected Vitamix Wisdom! Go to this link to learn how to stop mail from coming, but STILL be a member of the group so you can STILL visit the Links page and read messages online!